PDA

View Full Version : PL Prices (getting to be ridiculous)

ChrisFI
06-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Not only are the prices ridiculous in the auction in balefort thats just one thing but with PL itself
Cant believe you've gotta pay a bunch of plat for a 3x elixir and thats just one example
Another example, reservation and renaming your names for 50 plat if you were to do both at once thats 100 plat (10 dollars) for two small things >.>
especially when the fact that about 200 plat cost 20 dollars

Lets put it this way these prices are showing a "money grows on trees" attitude.

Thats why im just using free plat offers and thats it. Maybe if they lower the prices i might consider spending no more then 10 dollars.

Otukura
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM
They made the main spine free, they need to get money somehow.

Would you want to spend 20 dollars just to play the game?

ChrisFI
06-20-2011, 09:18 PM
True but more people would spend if the pricing were little lower if you know what im saying

I mean you've gotta say 50 plat for name change is overboard

Think bout it this way for example
a. 1 of 10 people buys the 50 plat name change
but lets say they lower it to 20 then
b.6-8 of 10 people buy the 20 plat name change

the company earns more money with choice b than choice a

Pandamoni
06-20-2011, 09:20 PM
The things that cost plat are not items or things that are necessary to play and enjoy the game. You can enjoy the game without having to spend real money. That is huge.

ChrisFI
06-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah I know (to pandamoni) but (personally) i dont care for the vanity and stuff really but there are people who do.
like I've seen ppl talkin about this

the thread isnt aiming me im aiming to the othas who do care for "the extras"

GongKilluminati
06-20-2011, 09:29 PM
AND we don't see annoying advertisements in game.
WAY better than some games that have **** loads of advertisements.

Samhayne
06-20-2011, 09:36 PM
The things that cost plat are not items or things that are necessary to play and enjoy the game. You can enjoy the game without having to spend real money. That is huge.

Hey Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have to agree with Pandamoni here. The extras are things that are extras, if someone is willing to get it. Name changes are something we don't really want everyone doing. Names should mean something, you should't be able to change them willy nilly. Anyway, that is some of the thinking behind what we have going on. Hopefully you are having some fun with the game.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

DawnInfinity
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. This is like complaining about getting a free maserati but complaining how you have to pay 5 bucks for a new hello kitty seat cover.

Moogerfooger
06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. This is like complaining about getting a free maserati but complaining how you have to pay 5 bucks for a new hello kitty seat cover.

I prefer Dora the Explorer myself :D

Conradin
06-20-2011, 09:52 PM
I prefer Dora the Explorer myself :D

Swiper No Swiper!

Ephemeris
06-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Regarding your observation on Balefort Sewers item prices:
What you're seeing is likely going to be a recurring trend as new content (with the promise of better gear) looms on the horizon. Prices will probably begin to stabilize again after the new content is released, though I doubt that they'll return to what they were, say, a week ago. We'll have to stay tuned and see. :)

Regarding your thoughts on Platinum:
The good news is that no one is forcing you to buy 30 minute elixirs, reserve your name for the forthcoming B* release, etc. -- it is entirely up to you. I was approximately level 40 when the 56 cap was released. I was able to hit 56 a few weeks ago without spending a single Platinum on elixirs (most of my grinding from 55 to 56 was done post-elixir nerf; it was definitely a challenge, but not unreasonable). I do, however, have several hundred Platinum on my account (so I could have burnt a few on elixirs had I felt it to be necessary). That said, I like to think of Platinum as more of a "thank you" to STS (which, in turn, may yield some in-game perks) as they are providing me a premium service (which I enjoy) -- that is, Pocket Legends -- for free. Platinum is real money of course, so there certainly will be differing stances on what Platinum represents. I, personally, don't mind forking a few bucks over to a deserving company that's doing a great job of keeping me entertained while killing some free time -- it's an easy choice for me. :)

-E

Conradin
06-20-2011, 10:01 PM
I have spent less than 700 plat on PL in over a year of playing. However, to play the game (and this was when campaigns costed cash) its only costed me about 100 or so platnium. the rest was my "choice", to have more fun and payback the Devs. Now, 100 plat is about 15-20 bucks. Extrememly cheap for a gme that has entertained me for a year. And now its FREE!!!! So nobody should be complaining. lest of all now that once again there is a xp pot for 2k =)

DawnInfinity
06-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Swiper No Swiper!
Swiper no swiping*