PDA

View Full Version : Elixirs in new dungeons - pl fixed

Josephjackson
06-21-2011, 12:08 AM
I think it would make a better game if elixirs were not allowed in higher level dungeons for a certain amount of time. Enough time for players to reach the maximum level and enjoy their status.

Sure, this could potentially decrease purchases of plat.. But there will soon enough be a time where players can and will buy platinum to level up in these dungeons.

I also think it would make a better game if experiance gained in dungeons was weighted against the level of players in that specific run. This could potentially increase platinum sales and decrease the obsence begging to be leveled up.

And again, I think kills gained should be weighted against the dungeon you play in. ie. Caves will likely kill many level 55+ players and possibly provide a greater challenge than sewers do - yet, they do not gain kills there.

Player versues player should also be weighted against the player you verse.

I also think that damnage dealt and damnage absorbed should be a factor in experiance gained (xp) and reputation. A tank does not get the respect they deserve. .... Mage, bear or bird Leading a pack, taking aggro and damnaging the enemies for others to come behind and clean up also does not justify "reputation" gained - or lost, again, leader holding aggro and gaining deaths.

In short, please, lets have our leader boards and reputation mean something.

Josephjackson
06-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Constructive feed back only plz. And by kills weighted.. I mean that if u went to forest haven for hours as a level 55, u could potentially gain at least one kill.

Otukura
06-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Please don't post it multiple sections, your first post was in the right place.

Josephjackson
06-21-2011, 02:02 AM
Please go to suggestions and feed back to post.

Otu, I think it falls in both sections, I just came here to direct it to one location.

Pharcyde
06-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Please go to suggestions and feed back to post.

Otu, I think it falls in both sections, I just came here to direct it to one location.

It falls into the suggestions and feedback section. Please do not post two of the same posts. It is considered spam, and clutters the forums.

Suntv
06-21-2011, 02:54 AM
My 2 cents:
- Elixers should be plat only. The game is made to play without them, so if people want to use them (and thus disrupt gameplay), they should buy them. This gives everybode equal chances, cause if you let people buy them for gold only the rich are blessed.
- Experience is difficult, i.e. I don't know if a Mage gets xp for healing and reviving. Basicly it's xp for usage of skills affecting others or enemies. Bears and mages should realise they have a supporting role and act accordingly. Of course, they usually don't. Perhaps some extra xp should be gained for working together (i.e. 10xp for each mega combo)?
- I don't think you should couple damage taken to experience. Lets say an enemy does 80 dmg to a bird with armor 100 and to a bear with armor 160. Then the bird gets -80% and the bear only -50%. Then the bird deservers more xp? Writing this down I realise its not possible to calculate each and every hit enemy's do to each player in combat, then calculating a tiny % xp.
- Reputation? Well you have my "respect+" as a level 50 if you've killed at least 15.000 mobs. Level 56-ers should be above 30.000 kills :cool:

Slush
06-21-2011, 03:01 AM
- Elixers should be plat only. The game is made to play without them, so if people want to use them (and thus disrupt gameplay), they should buy them. This gives everybode equal chances, cause if you let people buy them for gold only the rich are blessed.

If they are made for plat only, only the rich people irl are blessed... and 2000 gold per elixir isn't really a budget-breaker.

Josephjackson
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
slush, Where does it say that you cannot post an item in two relevent areas?... I dont find it excessive. You also reposted what was just posted. .... Besides... I asked for the discussion to be re routed.

Sun, calculating a balence between giving and taking damnag is complicated no question. But possibly very realistic for these guys to work out.

im thinking your stats would get more respect :-)

Snakespeare
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh, I like the musician Joe Jackson!

OK, so there is a rule against double-posting. Not to make a deal about it, but since you challenged Slushie, I gotta back him. It's part of the nettiqette here. Suggestions go in the Suggestion forum. But it's not a big deal.

And anyways, I disagree about elixirs. The game system is this way, what you NEED is free, what your don't absolutely need is paid for. So if people want to pay plat for extra XP, that's how the devs make money.

Whirlzap
06-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Wait you're saying you don't want any elixirs?
What level are you?
Also no offense, but I don't really think you're getting the point of the game.
You're really letting this to your head-the game's for having fun.
And look, most people are happy with the game right now, it's absolutely fair and entertaining in many aspects.
I personally do want some improvements, but sometimes you have to adapt to it and be happy with what you have.

Whirlzap
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
slush, Where does it say that you cannot post an item in two relevent areas?... I dont find it excessive. You also reposted what was just posted. .... Besides... I asked for the discussion to be re routed.

Sun, calculating a balence between giving and taking damnag is complicated no question. But possibly very realistic for these guys to work out.

im thinking your stats would get more respect :-)
A thing with Social stuff.
These people are oldies, been around for longer than you or I.
I think a little more agreement and listening to them would help.
But hey, this is just advice.
You can choose whether or not to listen to it.

Siejo
06-21-2011, 10:32 PM

Allow me Slush. Here you go Josephjackson. It is great you are trying to get as much feedback as possible on a topic but be very careful how you go about it.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

More info can be found under the Forum Rules link at the top under Rule #5.

Josephjackson
06-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I understsnd the game is for fun. I just feel stats should mean something. I realize people do not agree and it was basically pointless to post.

I have three 55s and one is alnost 56, all basically legit chatacters. A 19 & 20 also. He was reposteding complaing about me "reposting".

And they could have been more tactful in their approach too. :)

But oh well, people will continue to be leveled up their first go around and stats will continue to be nearly pointless..

Josephjackson
06-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Maybe my entire issue is the begging and playing among lvled players in sewers takes away the fun.

Altho dont get me wrong.. I do not think I am an epic player.

Siejo
06-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I am certain nobody meant for you to take it in a negative manner we are simply explaining there is a rule against multi thread posting about the same topic. In any case the thread will be locked by a Dev and you will be warned to review TOS anyways. Just relax, we were just trying to give you a heads up is how I see it. Looks like you are getting more responses there where people are looking for suggestion threads.

DawnInfinity
06-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Simmer down, kids. Joseph, please don't double post, as it is discouraged. There is an edit post feature specifically for this purpose.

matamurman
06-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Joe I feel ya about the lvl vs kills, I got really confused when I saw some1 with just over 5000 kills and was lvl 53 and probably only know the basics of how to play and there's a lot of ppl doing it to get there chars leveled up. This game is designed for players to come and go in groups as they please so your not locked in a group of players your don't want to be running with. I'm lvl 55 with almost 20k kills I barely ever used elixers just straight grinding so I know where your comming from.
And this little flame bit int needed joe has posted 39 times probably didn't know he even did anything wrong its not a big deal. I'm seeing a lot of people going straight for the negitive stuff they can find and being very rude about how they try to bring someones wrong to attention instead of nicely saying/helping everyone in the sam manner you would likme to be helped, it does absolotely nothing to start flaming on any web site and getting upset about someone double posting, if that's the worst thing that happened in this thread than i'd say its pretty good! Cause this post could've self destructed after you read it like in some james bond movie. So everyone quit being uptight and get along with everyone. And remember if u don't like what ur reading you don't have to post or evn keep reading it if your just gonna be rude about it, thx

Fastcast
06-22-2011, 01:07 AM
I agree with the reputationthin but as far as exilirs i think they should be 7000 gold for 10mins or 5000 gold for 5 mins my opinion xD

Josephjackson
06-22-2011, 04:01 AM
well.. There has now been three posts repeating the same thing, yet I am spamming.. rediculous...