PDA

View Full Version : reaply newbie questions

yfwong
06-21-2011, 03:06 AM
hi all, I'm new to the game, abt a week now already but I couldn't figure out 2 things, and have delved into the thick FAQ here without finding what I was looking for.

q1: I always used to start my game upon login in a town on a green land. then some quests brought me to another town on a brown land. the only way I know to traverse between these 2 neutral towns is by taking a quest on that part of it. is there any other way to traverse to n fro? not sure you understand my question.

q2: ok, so I took a quest, clicked go to, then went to a battleground. realized no ppl in the game other than myself. want to return but don't know how to. the only easy I know is to complete the quest so that they give you the option to return to town. if I don't complete the quest, can I still go back to town? how? is quitting level the only way back to town?

thanks for your guidance.

Fyrce
06-21-2011, 03:34 AM
If you clear the dungeon, you'll get the option to return to town.
In addition, if you tap your name to the left, you'll see a globe symbol. Tap that and you'll get a world map.
Tap on Enter Towne or Tap on a town to choose a town 1st.
Walk between towns to get an idea of how the towns are laid out.

Riccits
06-21-2011, 03:47 AM
hi all, I'm new to the game, abt a week now already but I couldn't figure out 2 things, and have delved into the thick FAQ here without finding what I was looking for.

q1: I always used to start my game upon login in a town on a green land. then some quests brought me to another town on a brown land. the only way I know to traverse between these 2 neutral towns is by taking a quest on that part of it. is there any other way to traverse to n fro? not sure you understand my question.

q2: ok, so I took a quest, clicked go to, then went to a battleground. realized no ppl in the game other than myself. want to return but don't know how to. the only easy I know is to complete the quest so that they give you the option to return to town. if I don't complete the quest, can I still go back to town? how? is quitting level the only way back to town?

thanks for your guidance.

Q1: didnt understand it but: with the world map u access every town by taping on a dungeon and press enter town.
u can open a new game/map by the button host game (if ur toon have the required level of the dungeon). there u choose the dungeon and the map u wanna play.

Q2: when u take a quest and press go to on the quest, it will bring u automatically to the map wich let u solve the quest. u can go back to the town by the world map any time.
ur a lone if noone else make that step by clicking on goto on the quest. if someone else does it to he will join u.
better is: look at the map name and join a fuller party with that map

yfwong
06-21-2011, 05:40 AM
thanks to both your replies. I never knew the global map existed in the first place. never knew it till now. will look for that and try it out, thanks to both of you :)

Redbridge
06-21-2011, 06:30 AM
There's plenty of stuff hidden away, just go and have a look around all the menu items....

There's a really good beginners video in the newer players section in my list of guides (check my signature), you will also find lots of other really useful guides there, there's lots. It will save you lots of time if you spend 10mins reading a few.

Enjoy

skavenger216
06-21-2011, 08:26 AM
And also, you can access the world map from the main screen (the one right after you enter your email and password) by hitting the globe icon at the top of your screen.

Pharcyde
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey! Same advice as the others. Take 5 minutes and explore every possible option on Pocket Legends. There are plenty of helpful goodies tucked away in the menus.

Snakespeare
06-21-2011, 03:43 PM
The globe used to be visible all the time. It is too bad that new players have to be told how to find it.

From that map, tap Join Game and you will see a list of games that are running. It will tell you how many people are in that game, and the level of the highest player. If the games says a person's name, like Snakespeare's Game, then that person has boot powers. If the game says just the name of the dungeon, it is an open game with no maker.

There can be up to 5 people in a game but sometimes when you try to join a game of four people it says that space is reserved. That means that someone has been invited and, even if they don't take the invitation, PL will hold the spot for a while. So try a different one.

Also, if you are with a group you like and someone says "RMK" or "remake" or something like that, send a friends request and then use the friends list to follow that person to the new game instance. That way you can all keep working together.

yfwong
06-23-2011, 05:46 AM
thank you !! sorry for being slow. took me a week after advenuring to know this important feature. better late than never :)

Buster
06-25-2011, 09:20 AM
If u don't want to do the quest or went to a place by accident you can always go to menu and exit level and u will go back to the main screen

Yvonnel
06-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Don't worry many of us had ah ha moments.

Buster
06-25-2011, 11:50 AM
No day is a day for me without a ah ha moment

ploxDNR
06-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Do u get 1xp from every kill throughout the hole game?