PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Q1 Announcement hype!

kinzmet
01-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Lots of goodies coming down the pipe, some of the major beats include:

Some strange type of Arcane creature has been sighted. I can neither confirm nor deny its existence, but I would expect things to become much clearer soon.
We also have a new set of Arcane Weapons that will be introduced. These unique weapons were alluded to in the Winter Event, and are about to see the light of Arlor’s day.
The Lovecrafting event will return in February, with a couple of twists including a very rare, craftable Arcane Backpack.
Client 1.5 will release soon afterwards. This will be our biggest client release ever, with a ton of interesting tweaks/ fixes/ features such as:

- Skill Mastery that will allow you to further expand and customize your characters.
- A new type of item rarity: Set items!
- UI improvements that will better allow players to see just what could be inside those locked crates.
- Inventory improvements to address limited inventory space problems.
- A system to make Locked Crates more accessible to all players, even those without Plat.

This is news getting me hyped!

Arcane creature! Could be a new arcane pet, the Arcane Deary?
New set of Arcane Weapons! Wow just wow! I remember when the old arcane weapons came, they literaly destroyed the PvP balance. I hope it wouldn't be the case on these new weapons.
Lovecrafting event's Craftable Arcane Backpack, is this an arcane rarity vanity?
Client 1.5 will release

Skill Mastery, finaly! Skills that would make class diference! For example Rogues could could choose Dagger mastery or Bow mastery? Are these the skill mastery they would implement?
New type of item rarity, the Set items? So they would make item sets that when equipped gives bonuses? This is already in the game, but do they mean pairings? For example, if I don't complete the set I would still get bonus from paired items of that set like bonus of you equipped Armor and Helm.
To see just what could be inside those locked crates? Now this would address the long time problem of lock gambling?
A system to make Locked Crates more accessible to all players, even those without Plat. Best idea ever!

Most of the announced items here would definitely affect the AL economy, and our AL life will be rocked once again.

Greatankush
01-16-2016, 06:38 AM

New set of Arcane Weapons! Wow just wow! I remember when the old arcane weapons came, they literaly destroyed the PvP balance. I hope it wouldn't be the case on these new weapons.
Lovecrafting event's Craftable Arcane Backpack, is this an arcane rarity vanity?
Client 1.5 will release

Skill Mastery, finaly! Skills that would make class diference! For example Rogues could could choose Dagger mastery or Bow mastery? Is these the skill mastery they would implement?
New type of item rarity, the Set items? So they would make item sets that when equipped gives bonuses? This is already in the game, but do they mean pairings? For example, if I don't complete the set I would still get bonus from paired items of that set like bonus of you equipped Armor and Helm.
To see just what could be inside those locked crates? Now this would address the long time problem of lock gambling?
A system to make Locked Crates more accessible to all players, even those without Plat. Best idea ever!

Most of the announced items here would definitely affect the AL economy, and our AL life will be rocked once again.

the last part really excited me

Dimitrian
01-16-2016, 06:48 AM

Client 1.5 will release

Skill Mastery, finaly! Skills that would make class diference! For example Rogues could could choose Dagger mastery or Bow mastery? Is these the skill mastery they would implement?

5. Hopefully buff the warriors.

kinzmet
01-16-2016, 07:28 AM
5. Hopefully buff the warriors.

With the Skill mastery coming, I think they would.

oekeone
01-16-2016, 10:49 AM

Client 1.5 will release

What if they make the way to see what's in locked crates by doing [ this locked crates (includes) 1 arcane 2 legendary] that's what I've been thinking

mesalin
01-16-2016, 11:08 AM
What if they make the way to see what's in locked crates by doing [ this locked crates (includes) 1 arcane 2 legendary] that's what I've been thinking
I think it will be like you can see what will be after purchase locked from auction or loot it. It need to be in your inventory to see what's inside.

<Forgiveness>

bonjovi3223
01-16-2016, 11:51 AM
I suggest ppl do not get hyped up too much & let things unfold as they come.
Keeping expectations too high just leads to disappointments.

Amicusdei
01-16-2016, 12:29 PM
Could be like slot machine view as you open.
All possible items flashing by and it finally stops on 2k gold every time.

nightmaresmoke
01-16-2016, 12:36 PM
- A system to make Locked Crates more accessible to all players, even those without Plat.
Pinch me if i'm dreaming haha so excited and finally!!! >_<

tomsawer
01-16-2016, 01:45 PM
I've seen some new items in ren'gols ..jk or am iiiii? Lol

Arachnophobik
01-16-2016, 06:52 PM
it would be so awesome if plot twist: Lockeds can now be opened with tooths + 2x weekend is now obsolete as free respect weekend

kinzmet
01-18-2016, 05:03 AM
it would be so awesome if plot twist: Lockeds can now be opened with tooths + 2x weekend is now obsolete as free respect weekend

What would be awesome is when locked crates can be opened with Story and Hauntlet tokens which both proves the player aloted lots of time and effort. But I liked the tooth idea too, its also really hard to get alot of tooth. We can also include planar essences? And orc tags?

Energizeric
01-18-2016, 07:18 AM
What would be awesome is when locked crates can be opened with Story and Hauntlet tokens which both proves the player aloted lots of time and effort. But I liked the tooth idea too, its also really hard to get alot of tooth. We can also include planar essences? And orc tags?

Very doubtful, as that would be the end of most of STS's revenue. I suspect we will see something similar to what was done with elixirs and ankhs. Perhaps they will sell "keys" for plat which can be used to open locked crates, and then those keys can be resold in the auction to players who have no plat. That's what I would do if I was STS.

kinzmet
01-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Very doubtful, as that would be the end of most of STS's revenue. I suspect we will see something similar to what was done with elixirs and ankhs. Perhaps they will sell "keys" for plat which can be used to open locked crates, and then those keys can be resold in the auction to players who have no plat. That's what I would do if I was STS.

I you put it that way, it makes sense. I wish those "keys" would be farmable though.

Blickquickly
01-18-2016, 09:05 AM
+1 for farmable keys!

Alhuntrazeck
01-18-2016, 07:57 PM
About the set rarity, I think its likely that set items will come under a new tier; that would leave STS free to introduce new mythic gear as well as build on the set theme with more set bonus items.

All in all sounds interesting.

Xorrior
01-18-2016, 08:37 PM
Ok here's my take......

1. On opening locks with no plats, it's basically a plat purchase and selling in cs or farming of a token/key or something similar.

2. To see what item(s) a lock contains ? You see this in other MMO's, you have a lock and it will show you the loot that it guarantees, once opened you shall loot an item or three from the list of guaranteed loot.

Examples....

Dex_addict
01-19-2016, 02:32 PM
Ok here's my take......

1. On opening locks with no plats, it's basically a plat purchase and selling in cs or farming of a token/key or something similar.

2. To see what item(s) a lock contains ? You see this in other MMO's, you have a lock and it will show you the loot that it guarantees, once opened you shall loot an item or three from the list of guaranteed loot.

Examples....

Going to be interesting to see how opening crates without plat will happen. I think being able to get to see exactly what you have a chance at looting like this ^^ will be great!

Bidiel
01-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Ok here's my take......

Examples....

Yes bro i think the same about ur first point, it will be very good for plat users, non plat users and for STS cause all we will have .ore chances to get good stuff, and about second point naaaa is to bad that will.make the lockeds sell droo cause only the lockeds who have good items will be. Selled and the other lockeds with not good itmes will.be stashed and low price.

Enviado desde mi LG-P768 mediante Tapatalk

Xorrior
01-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes bro i think the same about ur first point, it will be very good for plat users, non plat users and for STS cause all we will have .ore chances to get good stuff, and about second point naaaa is to bad that will.make the lockeds sell droo cause only the lockeds who have good items will be. Selled and the other lockeds with not good itmes will.be stashed and low price.

Enviado desde mi LG-P768 mediante Tapatalk

Locks dropping with different rarities perhaps. As an example copper, silver and gold. Only gold worth selling. I'm just speculating so I could be totally wrong lol

kinzmet
01-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Hmmm so you guys think that individual locks will have different items...
The price drop on locks with bad items in it won't happen if you can only know whats possible loots inside when you own it ??? In this case you won't be buying in CS but in forum's AL Market with sellers along with SS of the possible loots, but this scenario would open up lots of scams.

I think those locks, would have a different items but same rarities.
For example:
Lock #1

MISC Rarity (Golds, Plats, Jewels etc..)
LEGENDARY (Might be a weapon, a helm, an armor etc..)
Chance on Arcane Weapon Sorcerer

Lock #2

Chance on Arcane Weapon Rogue

Lock #3

Chance on Arcane Weapon Warrior

Lock #4

Chance on Arcane Pet Singe

So, each could have different items but the rarities inside is the same because all have a chance on an arcane rarity. I don't think there would be price drop on locks with lesser items.

marsu4u
01-20-2016, 11:57 AM
No More Arcane Deary Jokes :P