PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection

Mkcecil
06-21-2011, 09:26 AM
I love how people dont put a point into it and when you need a resurrection they just stand over you spamming heal as if that will do something :/ i think i have given up wasting time resurrecting people...i mean some people i can tell they know what there doing because the way they play....like if a person lets me tank on my int mage and there a bear with a shield and sword and they just wait for me to pull thats kinda an indication that they dont know what there doing...or maybe its me and my enjoy of running in guns a blazing lol but anyway is anyone having problems with people that somehow dont put 1 point into resurrection....and they just spam heal on your body? as if that does anything. and do you sometimes end up pulling and tanking when there is a bear with a sword and shield in your group? just wanted to see how many people have this issue or maybe its just me xD

-Mkcecil

friedkimchi
06-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I love how people dont put a point into it and when you need a resurrection they just stand over you spamming heal as if that will do something :/ i think i have given up wasting time resurrecting people...i mean some people i can tell they know what there doing because the way they play....like if a person lets me tank on my int mage and there a bear with a shield and sword and they just wait for me to pull thats kinda an indication that they dont know what there doing...or maybe its me and my enjoy of running in guns a blazing lol but anyway is anyone having problems with people that somehow dont put 1 point into resurrection....and they just spam heal on your body? as if that does anything. and do you sometimes end up pulling and tanking when there is a bear with a sword and shield in your group? just wanted to see how many people have this issue or maybe its just me xD

-Mkcecil

Yup, I ask them to rev, they just tell me that they never put any point/s in rev as they are 'attack mages'.

But the issue with bears not leading the group is the most obvious and troublesome. Other than inappropriately using beckon.

From my own experience, learning to use a bear was harder than using a mage or an archer. But that doesn't mean you don't try to improve. I watched how high level bears led the group and I have tried to emulate them. The guides also help.

Tip: Add only those bears that know how to do mob control properly. I judge bears not by their level but by their ability to use beckon properly. You would be surprised to see lots of lvl 55+ bears using beckon any how.

NeoQueen
06-21-2011, 10:09 AM
I was once in a game a while back and asked the other Mage for a rev. They said they were a "pvp Mage" so they didn't have rev. I'm pretty sure I ended up leaving but I was thinking the whole time " than what the heck are you doing in pve running with others without a rev?!

Pharcyde
06-21-2011, 11:11 AM
You really only run into no rev mages and "Twink" mages at low levels. Levels 25-56, every mage will have rev. Trust me.

Flowman
06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I was lvling my new bird and came across the exact opposite. These 2 idiots didn't know the difference between heal and revive. They kept spamming revive trying to heal themselves/the party and were continuously dying. My guess is young foreign kids with a poor grasp on the English language and couldn't read the descriptions.

Hankomachos
06-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I was playing as my bird in lost expidition and there was a bear 2 mages and another bird. The bear wouldn't move until I did. Soo there I was tanking (rather hideously) all those yetis while the bear hid behind me. I'm like "you lead I'm not a tank" he's like "but I'm nnot powerful" he was also wearing that beret you craft when you first start out. Lol.
then of course the mages were spamming revives even tho none of us were dead (yet) . But when we did die they're like "how to heal?????)
Lol
BTW one of the mages had no weapon, so they were running around punching enemy's. Lol

Pharcyde
06-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Gotta love PUG's. I go to random low level PUG's every now and then just to help the poor little guys. They are all amazed when I tank rush on my int mage with staff.

Mkcecil
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
You really only run into no rev mages and "Twink" mages at low levels. Levels 25-56, every mage will have rev. Trust me.

thats not true, i have been leveling a mage and she is in the 30s and these mages are not using revive, and it could be that they are twinks but maybe im running into noobs...because most of the people in the group are to afraid to pull...at least from what they are doing it seems likes that.

Fyrce
06-21-2011, 07:35 PM
OMG, sooo funny. I haven't encountered anything this horrible in awhile, but I do run FH periodically on my L5 INT mage and yeah, I tank A LOT. Ok, I pretty much always tank :P I only join lower level groups. All my equips were dropped. Thank you very much :) And I farm pots.

At this level, the majority of players do not know what they are doing. Once in awhile I run into one who does (quick! friend that guy!) and once in awhile, they're even new.

For everybody else, I try to show them how to kite; check their inventory; check the world map; chat; tell; trade; tell them to use their skills and assign their stats (lots don't know to do this); give them drops if they can wear them (lots of them cannot because they still don't assign their stats). I do have to shake my head when they ignore traps (yeah! walking through traps is great fun! actually everybody does this -- high and low level) or ignore obvious attack signs or ignore obvious "you should be attacking zombies and not the unattackable, invincible big guy who is taking no damage" or ignore the "Light the Torch" message and instead fight the 8 hard-to-kill-at-their-level flying heads.

When I kill all the heads in one gesture, they must think I'm god :P

And yep, I love PUGs.

WhoIsThis
06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I was once in a game a while back and asked the other Mage for a rev. They said they were a "pvp Mage" so they didn't have rev. I'm pretty sure I ended up leaving but I was thinking the whole time " than what the heck are you doing in pve running with others without a rev?!

Lol. :confused:

In group fights in PvP, rev is a very useful tool. Ever try fighting in large Alien Underground fights with no rev? It doesn't work.

@Pharcyde:

There are level 55 mages out there with 0 points in rev. There are also mages out there at level 50+ with 0 points in heal.

OrangeDreams
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
When I kill all the heads in one gesture, they must think I'm god :P

I love doing this. They'll be duking it out with several silknight heads and, poof, I knock em all out w/o hardly breaking stride. : ) It's the little things.

GELLIO77
06-23-2011, 11:14 AM
ye at lower levels like balefort castle upto swamps most of the bears in public games are about as smart as bricks. dont have a clue how to tank, its like they only read the guides or figure out how to play when they get to lvl 50 +

TANKKAAR
06-23-2011, 11:50 AM
So many Noobs, so little patience .....lol

xBearSpiritx
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Yep, definately worth putting a point into revive. Many people are also unaware that it provides m/s too... e.g. 1 point in revive provides 1 m/s for a certain duration.

Battlelock
06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Yep, definately worth putting a point into revive. Many people are also unaware that it provides m/s too... e.g. 1 point in revive provides 1 m/s for a certain duration.

Not sure where you read it temporarily adds m/s cuz it doesn't. It temporarily raises the resurrected persons rank to lower their mana usage cost.

JaytB
06-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Not sure where you read it temporarily adds m/s cuz it doesn't. It temporarily raises the resurrected persons rank to lower their mana usage cost.

Yes it does. It raises 1 m/s, 1 armor, 1 dmg for your entire party for 1 minute. Don't believe me? Look at your stats, cast revive and look again :)

Edit: it doesn't do more with more points in rev btw.

Pharcyde
06-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Revive has a hidden buff.

Resurrect - Hidden Buff: +1 m/s +1 armor and 1 minimum damage, 1 max damage, 1 dps for 1 min, effects party, stackable?
Level 1: 25 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Increase rank to reduce mana cost.
Level 2: 20 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 3: 15 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 4: 10 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 5: 5 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area
Level 6: 0 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m area

JaytB
06-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Revive has a hidden buff. Resurrect - Hidden Buff: +1 m/s +1 armor and 1 minimum damage, 1 max damage, 1 dps for 1 min, effects party, stackable? Level 1: 25 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m areaIncrease rank to reduce mana cost.Level 2: 20 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m areaIncrease rank to reduce mana cost.Level 3: 15 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m areaIncrease rank to reduce mana cost.Level 4: 10 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m areaIncrease rank to reduce mana cost.Level 5: 5 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m areaIncrease rank to reduce mana cost.Level 6: 0 mana, 6.5 sec. cool-down, 12m areaIncrease rank to reduce mana cost.Or in other words, don't put more than 1 point in it :)

superglut2
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
i hwve 1 point, i think devs should rly re-do the entire spell point system simioar to all other mmos like wowcor diablo for example.

xBearSpiritx
06-23-2011, 04:05 PM
i hwve 1 point, i think devs should rly re-do the entire spell point system simioar to all other mmos like wowcor diablo for example.

That's a nice idea adding the extra complexity, like a talent tree, but how would we find room to fit all those lovely spells to our screens, especially for those of us who play on smartphones :)

CanonicalKoi
06-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Hmmm....I can see both sides of this debate. I run into a lot of mages who never cast heal and only rez if they're asked 25 times by 3 different party members. I've also seen mages complain about tanking, but.....you run ahead of everyone, are always the first in the room and what do you expect? My biggest headache is with Firestorm and Icestorm. Yes, useful spells--in their place. Firestorm has a huge AoE and will drag enemies into battle from 5 counties away. It also pushes stuff out of Thorn Wall--you know, that skill I used to keep stuff off you and keep you safe? So you could cast Lightning and we could clear them all at once? Or Icestorm as a bear is about to Stomp following Beckon, except stuff can't move now and they wasted their combo. I think we all need to be more aware of our team-mates and try to work together better.

And, no, I don't get it either--what is with casting Rez in the middle of a fight and no one's dead yet? Hoping it does something? Hoping it prevents death? I dunno, but it drives me crazy when I play mage (healing mage). I keep looking around thinking I missed Rezzing someone and....nobody was dead.

JaytB
06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
And, no, I don't get it either--what is with casting Rez in the middle of a fight and no one's dead yet? Hoping it does something? Hoping it prevents death? I dunno, but it drives me crazy when I play mage (healing mage). I keep looking around thinking I missed Rezzing someone and....nobody was dead.

Well, when I see a mage do that I think 'Finally a mage who truly understands what all skills do'. Why? Well, as said earlier already, it raises 1 m/s, 1 armor, 1 dmg for your entire party for 1 minute. It's called a 'hidden buff'.

Ow yes, and I'm pretty sure it stacks too. Only when more then 1 mage does it though. In my farming parties most of the mages do this, because we seek to maximize or damage output in any way possible. Or in other words, run in the most effective way possible. People spend millions of gold for these sets that do that little bit of extra overal dmg, so why not use a skill that basically does the same at no cost?

Register
06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
lol i met a mage that the entire party thought was an idiot. he/she resd every time it cooled down. he/she said that it would reduce mana costs for everybody.....And he/she also used nightmare/weakness before we entered a room.....Then everybody died except him/her....And he/she was still continuously ressing....

xBearSpiritx
06-25-2011, 05:24 PM
lol i met a mage that the entire party thought was an idiot. he/she resd every time it cooled down. he/she said that it would reduce mana costs for everybody.....And he/she also used nightmare/weakness before we entered a room.....Then everybody died except him/her....And he/she was still continuously ressing....

Lol wow... never knew anyone could play their class that badly :eek:

Look on the bright side, at least you got that all important rev ;)