PDA

View Full Version : Hmm Just a Thought

clow1995
06-03-2010, 06:58 PM
hey there its callmehealer with just a quick topic to discuss. While there have been plenty of games going from ipod to droid market, im not gunna lie, they are mostly crap. There are thousands of droid users just waiting for this, possibly the best mmorpg for mobile and handheld, to come to the droid. this game would be like a fresh spring to the long winter off bad apps. Idk if there is any restrictions with the droid but i know i, aloung with countless others, have a blank check ready to donate a buy platinum. I am wondering if anyone also feels this way thanks for reading :p email me with thoughts @ clow1995@gmail.com thx again

Thelonearcher
06-03-2010, 07:01 PM
lol I think I have donated enough

clow1995
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
lol im talking about droid users

Pleasure_Pirate
06-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure how large the audience on the droid is, but it would be cool to see PL expand more, especially if those droid players would be playing with us iDevicers.

clow1995
06-03-2010, 07:57 PM
yes that would be cool to have a single server over multipule devices. thx for responding

Gwendaline
06-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Broaden your Horizon STS

Banned
06-03-2010, 08:08 PM
This would be pretty cool. More players equals more money for Spacetime, and more money for Spacetime equals more awesome for us.

Advance
06-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I don't think this would work. Why? Becuase Droid devices are not owned by apple, which means the Droid devices must get PL from another source other than the App-Store/Itunes, and i'm sure Apple wouldn't be too happy about that.

clow1995
06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
not really apple doesnt own space time lol there is many games that go multi handheld one ex. is the rpg zenonia, and apps arnt exclussive to apple haha so come on advance you cant say that that wouldnt be pretty cool

Advance
06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
No, i never said i didnt like the idea, more players equals more fanbase, which equals more publicity, which equals even more fanbase, which equals a butt load of revenue for STS.

HOWEVER, although im not too sure of the details, I'm pretty sure STS would be violating something if they went ahead and released a Droids version of PL.

Banned
06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't think this would work. Why? Becuase Droid devices are not owned by apple, which means the Droid devices must get PL from another source other than the App-Store/Itunes, and i'm sure Apple wouldn't be too happy about that.

Ummm yeah, that other source would be Spacetime Studios, ya know, the company that made the game.

EDIT: Read your new post. I don't think their under contract with Apple or anything, so they should be able to release the app on whatever the hell device they choose. Gameloft does it all the time. They even release iPod games on the DS.

Advance
06-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Meh, like i said, i dont know the details, i just thought that some form of contract or agreement would be signed between the publisher and the creator...

Royce
06-03-2010, 09:32 PM
If they made a jailbroken version or something it would be a violation, but there are many games that are crossplatform and available on iPhone. However, I don't see this happening. The Android market is a mess, and nobody wants to develop android apps because there is so little money in it, and development is more difficult than for iPhone. Android's more likely than something like WM (which I would love :) ), but I really don't think it's gonna happen. To much effort would be required for too risky and little potential return.

nerdherd
06-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Apple cannot limit what you develop elsewhere, they can only place limitations on what you can do in their app store. Many, many games have cross platform versions.

I disagree that Android wouldn't be worth it (erm...so I mean that Android IS worth it haha). Android is growing faster than ever right now and it's quickly catching up to Apple with the number of apps, etc. If I remember correctly Android just recently surpassed iDevices in usage (according to an article I read on Engadget), and they are only going to become more popular. Especially once Android 2.2 comes out and improves app performance 2x-5x. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that if it's even reasonably possible to do it, Spacetime should go for it!

Futumsh
06-03-2010, 10:55 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/wuhxs2.jpg

Photo of PL on the droid taken with an iphone 3gs =P

Gwendaline
06-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Meh, like i said, i dont know the details, i just thought that some form of contract or agreement would be signed between the publisher and the creator...

Bahahahaha! Squatter! Great Knower Of All Things!!

HectorCruz
06-03-2010, 11:10 PM
lol, Gwen will hunt you forever, Advance...

Royce
06-03-2010, 11:22 PM

Wow, how's the Windows Phone version coming along :rolleyes:

Gwendaline
06-03-2010, 11:24 PM
lol, Gwen will hunt you forever, Advance...

It Is true :)

Violentsaint
06-03-2010, 11:31 PM
i don't think it will happen

Pocket Legends is Exclusive to the iDevices

Royce
06-03-2010, 11:32 PM

Ummm.... Did you see the dev's post above with a picture of PL on Android? ;)

Gwendaline
06-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I was like... Uh.. ViolentSaint RUOK??

clow1995
06-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Ok look at the pic I will seriously buy 1600 platinum devs you can hold me to it. And thanks for you all reading a posting from what it seems they already started porting it!!:) so devs plz email me with details

ratava
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
gj STS !

Such a great product and first true effort (I've seen) for MMO's on mobiles, deserves as much market share as it can be exposed to. Win-win!

iPhone/iTouch/iPad and maybe soon Droid port too. How about a Browser version too?

Problem with Android is that various versions are out there which for devs makes for a headache with compatibility and effective market fragmentation. But Android is growing and porting should be worth it if the profits are there, ie "first to the punch".

flaimdude
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM

http://reprog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/orly_owl.jpg

Royce
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
That bird's freakin me out man, but I just can't stop looking at it...

flaimdude
06-04-2010, 11:35 AM
What, have you never seen the O RLY owl before? XD

Royce
06-04-2010, 11:39 AM
What, have you never seen the O RLY owl before? XD

Sure looks familiar, but idk, maybe I just never noticed how absolutely terrifying it is before :)

flaimdude
06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Sure looks familiar, but idk, maybe I just never noticed how absolutely terrifying it is before :)

Yeah, it is pretty creepy. XD I had to go with the full size pic though, for the full effect. ;)

Diz
06-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Ok the way that picture looks - is that it is a PICTURE of Pocket Legends, on the Android... if I'm mistaken, then cool beans.

However, I think people are forgetting that they are not the same platform. It would not only require Spacetime to basically recode the entire thing from the ground up, but it would require Spacetime to actually learn how to code everything all over again for the Android because it is completely different platform.

We're talking thousands of man hours, not something Lone could donate his pizza delivery money to.

But I could be way off.

Futumsh
06-04-2010, 01:39 PM
It's PL running on my motorola droid, which I took a picture of using my iphone. It's not complete, as I've only been doing it in my spare time, but it is mostly functional and runs just fine.

SlipperyJim
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
It's PL running on my motorola droid, which I took a picture of using my iphone. It's not complete, as I've only been doing it in my spare time, but it is mostly functional and runs just fine.
Did you hear that sound? One more obstacle to getting a Droid just shattered. If Droid runs the best handheld MMO ever, I might have to take a look at them.... ;)

smokester
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM

if PL takes off in Motorola Droid, that would be awesom... more players to the game im all for it

nerdherd
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM

YES!!!!! *bow down and begins to worship*

clow1995
06-04-2010, 03:35 PM
Haha looks like my post answered a lot of peoples q's thx again for the update dev

Diz
06-04-2010, 08:41 PM

Wow, absolutely epic.

Ogediah
06-04-2010, 11:54 PM
This has been "in the works" for awhile. I really wish people would learn what the search function is........

nerdherd
06-05-2010, 12:13 AM
It's only been subtly hinted at as far as I'm aware. I am grateful to the OP for posting this thread because we got something far more definite than we had before. We wouldn't have gotten the pic of PL on the Droid without it.

clow1995
06-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes remember everyone droid does; )

KingFu
06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Plz plz plz go to the palm market next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkWaterz
07-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Omg, awesome! I am a moto droid owner, and would LOVE pl on android market!

Gareee
08-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Count me in as another Android (Droid X) owner interested in seeing this released for our phones!

flaimdude
08-15-2010, 10:24 AM
-_- Necroposts, wheee. For a second I thought gwen was back.

ANYWAYS.

Gareee
08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
How is this a necro post? The last post was just a month ago!

setec
09-01-2010, 01:15 AM
Wow, how's the Windows Phone version coming along :rolleyes:

I will happily welcome these 3 players. ;)

shadywack
09-20-2010, 06:06 PM
I see that I should have bumped this thread instead.

BeardedBear
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Speaking of "blank check", remember that movie Blank Check? Man, that one lady was smoooookin'!

iPhones rule, Droids drool.

-Apple Fanboy

clow1995
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Speaking of "blank check", remember that movie Blank Check? Man, that one lady was smoooookin'!

iPhones rule, Droids drool.

-Apple Fanboy

lawl lawl lawl droids are better performance wise but app wise ipods better

Rarefew2
09-28-2010, 08:04 PM
You...gave...your....email....

Inching
09-28-2010, 09:05 PM
honestly for me, the iphone is great to look at pix and PL thats about it for me... if it wasnt for the app store i would not own an iphone.... IF PL came out to droid phones.. i will seriously take a look at the phones available for it.

ngwz
09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Just wondering, would the android version be only available for the HD droids (those with screen resolutions 480x800 and 480x854) or would it cater to droids of the same resolution (320x480) as the iPhone 3G?

I own a HTC Legend (with resolution 320x480 and similar specifications to the iPhone 3GS) and I hope to be able to join all you guys out there in this awesome MMO on my droid soon.

Thanks for all the effort put into developing this great game. (:

KingDubby
10-05-2010, 01:55 AM
I have a Moto Droid and I can't wait for this to hit Android. Chalk me up as a supporter of the Android version.

Oh and to the people saying Android is too fragmented to easily develop for: Google provides ways to easily target many different devices, it's a little more work but it's not so terrible. Also, Android's growth is explosive and this would be great investment.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in PL on my Android.

Thanks devs for bringing this to the Android community.