PDA

View Full Version : Are These the New Arcane Weapons?

Zeus
01-17-2016, 12:08 AM

The above picture depicts them.^^

Why I think this:

This is the delicate dance we do with information. You guys want to know
everything we are working on, in precise detail (which is completely
understandable).

The more detail we give, the more expectations are set. And when plans
inevitably change some folks get angry.

MMOs are amazingly fluid and iterative, and things change all the time.
One system affects the next affects the next. We can't in precise detail
know how things will be over the next few months, but we can plan. And
we want you to know those plans. But we also don't want to p%$$ you off
when things change.

So all that being said I'll give more detail about what I can.

Arcane Weapons - these are the ones that Remi showed back in December
but never made it out for the Winter Event.

Arcane Backpack - I believe current spec for this is a crafted vanity
(no slots).

New Cap? Yes, with the expansion. This will give us some much needed
headroom for more powerful items (we've been bumping up against max
power curve for awhile).

Timeframe: This is the trickiest of all. No matter what we say, no
matter what caveats are put in place, if we give a date we are held to
it. So I can't give precise dates, but I can tell you that I listed
things in our preferred order of release (at least for now, that could
change too).

Mysterious pet and Arcane weapons soonest. Lovecrafting obviously in
Feb. Client next, and very much affected by apple approval cycles.
Expansion (with level cap raise) thereafter.

Finally, all of this can and will change :)

Thanks for understanding why we can't be precise, and also thanks for
your passion for the game and desire to know more.

- g

If they are, I think I can speak for most people that are secretly hoping the looks are changed, as they look nothing like the classy and great looks of the original arcane weapons. I hate to say it, but they look like legendary weapons. :/

On the bright side, I am glad that we do get new arcane weapons. My only complaint is that we only got 1-3 months of time with other mythic weapons.

Hope a developer can confirm!

Cheers,

Zeus

oekeone
01-17-2016, 12:12 AM
I guess yes :) but doesn't look anything arcane to me..... But I thought remi said " collect all the legendary set"

Hoardseeker
01-17-2016, 12:29 AM
They never made it for the Winter, Which means they are making Changes to it , Glowing effects and Circle aura :p

Caabatric
01-17-2016, 01:05 AM
Also I would like to point out that mages got a staff again, rogues get daggers again, and wars get a shield (not again but not the preferred weapon for warrior).

Wazakesy
01-17-2016, 01:10 AM
Agreed with the problem of ew weps every 1-3 months, putting us back into the previous lv41 situation of too many weps. Plus, there really isnt much time to generate so much gold, considering that we have to face rounds of luckyness and unluckyness...

Untung
01-17-2016, 01:43 AM
For me that picture like epic weapons, back to old legend weapons like vorpal etc way better than legend now days

Jazzi
01-17-2016, 03:27 AM
I agree that they really look underwhelming, if that are indeed them. I also really hope for no copy pasted of procs.

debitmandiri
01-17-2016, 04:15 AM
Arcane Weapons - these are the ones that Remi showed back in December
but never made it out for the Winter Event.
I think those quote tells us all, justg pointed "arcane" as the game itself, not as a rarity, like "New Arcane rarity Weapons". When he said "the new set item rarity" thats the real define the item rarity

Hoardseeker
01-17-2016, 05:45 AM
I think those quote tells us all, justg pointed "arcane" as the game itself, not as a rarity, like "New Arcane rarity Weapons". When he said "the new set item rarity" thats the real define the item rarity

Lol no. Read it again.he clearly states them as Arcane weapons.

mesalin
01-17-2016, 06:00 AM
Arcane weapons so fast?
We just got mythic weapons...
If i were sts i would make new arcane weapons for new expansion

<Forgiveness>

oekeone
01-17-2016, 10:26 AM
145575 right there I'm thinking remi said they were legendary she said 2 legendary sets and she said with weapons,armor,helmets,rings,amulets,belts

Untung
01-17-2016, 11:54 AM
I thinking same, arcane legend "legend weapons" and arcane legend vanity backpack

Tatman
01-17-2016, 12:05 PM
I am pretty sure "arcane weapons" means "arcane rarity weapons". I doubt Justg of all people would say it in such a misleading way, if he just meant "Arcane Legends weapons". ;)

Greatankush
01-17-2016, 12:10 PM
I am pretty sure "arcane weapons" means "arcane rarity weapons". I doubt Justg of all people would say it in such a misleading way, if he just meant "Arcane Legends weapons". ;)

Yeah.

And 'arcane legends weapons' doesn't rhyme, no one has ever used that term.

Another thing is that they match the legendary set so there's no way they can be arcane weapons.

But another aspect is that if they are shown then they have to be released.

Well wait and watch

Kakashis
01-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Want my take on it? I think those are just the legendary weapons as part of the Dragon set, but then STS forgot/ran out of time to implement them right before everyone bolted it out of the office for vacation xD

That said, I'm sure the desired coming Arcane weapons will look nothing like those! In fact, a new beautiful office grants new and more beautiful than the last weapons! Glad to see STS is expanding! It's great that we get all 3 weapons at the same time to even the field. I hope warriors get a two handed weapon, mages gun and rogues a bow.

Ebezaanec
01-17-2016, 01:10 PM
I hope STG does not decide to go overkill on releasing mythic/arcane weapons like they did with the barrage of arcane pets. The rest of the gear slots need some new mythic/arcane rarities. I'm tired of seeing the one arcane ring and the one planar pendant for over a year.

I feel confident that STG will recognize gear progression next expansion. We need gear with better stats to keep us farming.

Ninetofive
01-17-2016, 01:16 PM
This thread has been covered in an ALLN story (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?288961-Arcane-Legends-Latest-News&p=2373172&viewfull=1#post2373172). :)

Energizeric
01-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Interesting that the new arcane weapons are the least desired weapon types for each class. Unless the stats are a huge increase over my glintstone gun, I will keep my gun and will not be interested in this arcane staff. Too bad we won't see an arcane gun, arcane bow and arcane maul/hammer/axe. I think that is what everyone would really prefer.

kiwotsukete
01-17-2016, 08:28 PM
i dont speak for all mages, but I must say, staffs suck. if a clean arcane staffs int damage is worse than a mythic guns int dmg, it better have agood proc. same for rogue and warriors. (I play all 3.). I would happily drop 250-300$ on an arcane gun.. but if it is a staff, with worse int damage than the wits mythic gun.. I wouldnt spend a penny on it.

Zylx
01-18-2016, 02:13 AM
Those weapons certainly look terrible for something meant to be Arcane. I'd certainly hope those aren't them.

On the note of 'Staves vs Guns', i much prefer the classic sorcerer weapon - staff - because it's a traditional sorcerer-type weapon used by every sorcerer in every game ive ever played. Besides, i dont like how the gun stance makes my mage look like a paranoid crossbreed of a Keebler elf, a smurf, and some loser who uses a pistol as a sniper rifle. I'd rather have 2007 Brittney Spears as a playable character than use a gun-mage.

Intous
01-18-2016, 03:47 AM
Guys, if I remember justg's post correctly, he wrote : "based on" winter weapons, not difinetly them.
But if they made these ugly, 2 seconds of work weapons the Arcane weapons then...
Hope some dev/mod will deny the fact that these are the Arcanes --.--

Ravager
01-18-2016, 04:04 AM
Want my take on it? I think those are just the legendary weapons as part of the Dragon set, but then STS forgot/ran out of time to implement them right before everyone bolted it out of the office for vacation xD

That said, I'm sure the desired coming Arcane weapons will look nothing like those! In fact, a new beautiful office grants new and more beautiful than the last weapons! Glad to see STS is expanding! It's great that we get all 3 weapons at the same time to even the field. I hope warriors get a two handed weapon, mages gun and rogues a bow.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened to the legendary winter weapons as well. They were most likely not put into the winter chests on accident and it was too late to fix. So not going back to try and retroactively fix things and bury it was probably the best resolution.

They are not great looking but at least STS rolled out with weapon vanities before flooding us with uglies.

Energizeric
01-18-2016, 07:23 AM
Those weapons certainly look terrible for something meant to be Arcane. I'd certainly hope those aren't them.

On the note of 'Staves vs Guns', i much prefer the classic sorcerer weapon - staff - because it's a traditional sorcerer-type weapon used by every sorcerer in every game ive ever played. Besides, i dont like how the gun stance makes my mage look like a paranoid crossbreed of a Keebler elf, a smurf, and some loser who uses a pistol as a sniper rifle. I'd rather have 2007 Brittney Spears as a playable character than use a gun-mage.

I agree about the looks, however the huge advantage of the gun is the auto aim. You can kite around bosses and other players in PvP and just keep shooting, where as with the staff you cannot do that unless you stay in one spot, which can be deadly considering how squishy mages are.

Jazzi
01-18-2016, 07:32 AM
I agree about the looks, however the huge advantage of the gun is the auto aim. You can kite around bosses and other players in PvP and just keep shooting, where as with the staff you cannot do that unless you stay in one spot, which can be deadly considering how squishy mages are.

Staves , at least the glintstone ones, have auto aim too. U just dont see your character turn around to shoot, but damage is being applied to the mobs

Jazzi
01-18-2016, 07:34 AM
I'm pretty sure that's what happened to the legendary winter weapons as well. They were most likely not put into the winter chests on accident and it was too late to fix. So not going back to try and retroactively fix things and bury it was probably the best resolution.

They are not great looking but at least STS rolled out with weapon vanities before flooding us with uglies.

Yes,

this opinion is being shared by most players I know. It is pretty obvious imho ;)

Ucamaeben
01-18-2016, 08:57 AM
It's been a long time since we've had any arcane weapons. I'm sure they will be the talk of the town when they appear!

I could care less what they look like if they level mobs, throw a vanity on it and go nuts 😎😎😎

Golem
01-18-2016, 04:23 PM
lol if these are new arcane weapons i will guit until sts add better weapons xD

Arkiouj
01-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Oh hell no!

kiwotsukete
01-18-2016, 07:43 PM
lol if these are new arcane weapons i will guit until sts add better weapons xD

well, in that case... I may have to change my opinion on these weapons... LOL

Dex_addict
01-19-2016, 02:41 PM
I hope not and if so then glad we have weapon vanity now! Also I would love to see an Arcane bow not more daggers :(