PDA

View Full Version : Cellphone Data Packages go Sky-High...

WoundedEagle
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
This past week, I talked to my uncle who works at Verizon. He released to me information about data packages going up on phones. Apparently, Verizon and other Wireless cellphone companies will be raising the cost of data packages on smart phones. All phones purchased after July 7 of 2011, will be experiencing the packages. The lowest package for Verizon smart phones currently is $15 I believe and Unlimited data usage is $30. Now for smart phones purchased after July 7 will be charged: 2 Gigabytes for $30, around $60-$70 for 5 Gigabytes and 10 Gigabytes for $100... per month. Im currently using a Motorola Droid X and am buying an iPhone before that date. I advise you to purchase the smartphone of your choice before July 7 unless you want an overpriced bill. Also, it is not just Verizon that will be going along with this idea. Sincerely,
Wound.

Lesrider
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Interesting. Are they all going the way of AT&T and doing away with unlimited data?

RedRyder
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
2gigs is all youd ever need, especially if you have wifi at home. i barely go over 1gig by the end of the month. on a family plan, i only pay about $40 a month for 2G of data, unlimited messeges, and unlimited calling except for bussiness and landlines (after a mishap when i was charged for messeges when they were supposed to be unlimited, i got the unlimited calling free for the whole family :) . youre gonna freaking adore your iphone

Darkfader
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Bit off-topic but got to say you have horrible prices for data packages in USA. I have currently in use "unlimited" ( 100gb/month ) with "unlimited" speed ( depends on network capacity, 3G/edge ) and it costs me 9,90€/month. I'm living in Finland( it's in Europe if someone doesn't know )

Otukura
06-21-2011, 12:44 PM
2gigs is all youd ever need, especially if you have wifi at home. i barely go over 1gig by the end of the month. on a family plan, i only pay about $40 a month for 2G of data, unlimited messeges, and unlimited calling except for bussiness and landlines (after a mishap when i was charged for messeges when they were supposed to be unlimited, i got the unlimited calling free for the whole family :) . youre gonna freaking adore your iphone

You don't d/l movies on your phone, do you? ;)

Benaorn
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
They are going away with the unlimited like AT&T. How are you only paying $40? Aren't 2g 25 dollars + 20 dollars for unlimited message for family and that doesn't include 10 dollars for extra line. What's is your true cost for the whole plan. My plan is about $100 for 3 lines. The main line is iphone with 2g + 550 family mins.

RedRyder
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
You don't d/l movies on your phone, do you? ;)

Netflix and wifi does the trick for me :p my phone only has 16gb's, so i avoid movie downloading lol. i only have a few music videos