PDA

View Full Version : Let's do some math to prove you are human

Gnॐ
06-21-2011, 04:39 PM
On the mobile sign up, it wants us to enter the answer to a math question but there is no question. I only saw the number one spelled out. I kept having to retry and it kept saying I entered the wrong thing. Then I went to a PC and saw the question. But by then it erased my passwords and wanted me to enter a new string of letters and numbers. I didn't get capitals right so it made me do it again. I must have failed a dozen times before finally making an account. It felt like you didn't really want people here.

JaytB
06-21-2011, 04:42 PM
On the mobile sign up, it wants us to enter the answer to a math question but there is no question. I only saw the number one spelled out. I kept having to retry and it kept saying I entered the wrong thing. Then I went to a PC and saw the question. But by then it erased my passwords and wanted me to enter a new string of letters and numbers. I didn't get capitals right so it made me do it again. I must have failed a dozen times before finally making an account. It felt like you didn't really want people here.

It's called a 'capcha'. It's to prevent bots from creating fake forum accounts for spamming purposes.

It's necessary to keep the forum clean and ultimately benefits its users :)

Anyway, glad u figured it out and welcome :)

Johnaudi
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
And your point is?(Again Welcome to the Forums)

NeoQueen
06-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Sorry that you had such a bad experience ut there is always a reason for the madness. Mainly to stop bots and the like from making multiple accounts and spamming the forums. Trust that we do want you here and we hope that you learn a lot as you go.

Samhayne
06-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Thanks much for the feedback - I'll amend it to have the question in the same place where it says "Lets do some math to prove you are human" so that the Mobile site has the question too.

Register
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Gnॐ
06-21-2011, 07:06 PM
Lol, thank you very much.

Lesrider
06-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Awww I want a tiny monkey.

Register
06-21-2011, 08:53 PM
lol same! I also want a tiny snake! Then it could suffocate a finger....if needed

Lesrider
06-21-2011, 08:55 PM
lol same! I also want a tiny snake! Then it could suffocate a finger....if needed

Years and years ago, my brother found a pregnant snake (and brought it home, of course). It gave birth to little fuzzy babies that wrapped around your fingers. So cute (only time you'd hear me calling snakes cute).