PDA

View Full Version : is this a scam?

daiyumn
06-21-2011, 10:45 PM
A guy named (no more name) told me hed pay me money if i power lvld him, it took me 3 hours to get him from 31-34 and he just left and deleted me from his friends list and didnt give me the money that he promised me. So what do you think? I cant report him for scam now cuz hes gone,

Siejo
06-21-2011, 10:55 PM
It happens often sadly. My advice would be to email the Devs : support(at)spacetimestudios.com and see what they can do if anything. Just be careful next time. When I am asked that I don't expect money because of this reason. If I end up doing it then I just do it for the fun of the game. Maybe i'm too nice.

YYZ????
06-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Wow that is too bad. It appears you have been had. Next time you may want to either get the gold up front or after a run or two. You may also want to report as that type of behavior is frowned upon.

Zojak
06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Although it's quite unfortunate that he did that, this really isn't something that needs to be brought to the forums

Gluttony
06-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Isn't leveling another player for gold just as frowned upon as the act of begging to be leveled? It sad that you didn't get the gold you were promised, but you played with him for 3 hours and didn't stop to think and ask for even one piece of gold in the meantime? I would say take it as a lesson learned, because I don't think it classifies as a scam that will be punished via STS devs.

Siejo
06-22-2011, 12:14 AM
It's ok, they were just asking if it was a scam and wasn't sure what to do but they have their answer now. Daiyumn just edit your post to remove the person's name and email the Devs to talk about it with them.

Riccits
06-22-2011, 01:15 AM
its no bannable scam. whenu level someone ask money each level, half hour or something. so u at least wont lost much...

Redbridge
06-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Isn't leveling another player for gold just as frowned upon as the act of begging to be leveled?

A good point. Blatant powerlelleling isn't good for anyone if it's purely adding XP without adding anything else. But, many people are helping players level now but with the emphasis on skill and knowledge improvement.

It's not too difficult to offer to answer any questions they have. This can allow you to check what level of game or class knowledge a player has and then means you can offer lots of tips to improve their game. Always point players towards the players guides section of the forums.

ON TOPIC - not nice, but not entirely reportable. Next time, change the way you do things to minimise the risk of this happening again.

Do people really need payment to help other players?

thugimmortal
06-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Do people really need payment to help other players?

This has been happening for months now but these days it seems more frequent.
I dont agree that players should be paid for powerleveling unless they use elixers. but then it would only be fair to cover that cost nothing more.
Powerleveling has brought too many inexperienced players to the higher dungeons and that is spoiling the enjoyment for others.
who wants to go through a sewer stage only to fail on the boss and have most of the party leave.
I have seen that so many times on the cockroach and thats why i dont powerlevel anymore.

On topic
I would not waste the devs time emailing this. yeah it sucks but you have to be more careful with a verbal agreement because there is no way of enforcing the deal.

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

JaytB
06-22-2011, 03:51 AM
I would not waste the devs time emailing this. yeah it sucks but you have to be more careful with a verbal agreement because there is no way of enforcing the deal.

I have to agree with Thug on this one. I don't see the devs doing anything about this really. But, then again, I could be wrong.

Anyway, although I strongly discourage these kind of practices, if you really feel the need to pwr lvl for gold, ask the amount before every run. But then the one who gets the gold could also decide to disappear. The only way to make sure neither party gets scammed, is to don't even start with it :)

Ebalere
06-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Sts cant ban for something like this, its a phone game, the guy could argue he lost reception.

Marcoolio
06-22-2011, 04:29 AM
Simple solutioin what i use... if i level someone i just do it by free becouse its like you farm normaly lower lvl dungeons. I dont know why ppl take gold for leveling.. many times someone offer lvling by gold i offer it free :P

And if player log off i dont lose anything and i dont need to email etc. Well itso only what i think and use.

Dont waste devs. time things like this..