PDA

View Full Version : Missing BS quests - Fixed

Gluttony
06-21-2011, 11:38 PM
So after a bit short of 2 weeks, a possible pattern emerges only to be shut down but the man. I would have written it off as a fluke and a just me notion, but another player noticed it too (not sure if my thread influenced thier decision or not). So I will keep listing them and you be the judge.

Not sure of the new cycle, but here is what I kept track of:
6/20 Goblin King
6/21 Cockroach
6/22 Cockroach
6/23 K&Q
6/24 Trash Heap
6/25 Gold Fever
6/26 K&Q
6/27 Goblin King
6/28 Goblin King
6/29 Cockroach
6/30 Cockroach
7/01 K&Q
7/02 Trash Heap
7/03 Gold Fever
7/04 K&Q
7/05 Goblin King
7/06 Goblin King

Not sure if anyone else noticed but the recent change to the quests that Lilly offers was the issue with the missing 4 quests that plagued us all. Initially, Lilly only offered one quests Bandit King & Queen, but now the quests offered by this NPC seem to cycle between each boss of the BS campaign which will eventually offer all players the 4 missing quests (GF, Cockroch, Trash Heap, GK). Guess that explains why Lilly says that she has a different job to be performed daily.

Finally:

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3239/img0782n.png

Riccits
06-22-2011, 03:44 AM
ty for info!

awwwww.... then there wont be any sets farmable by quests....

kallima
06-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Yes, thank you, I noticed the change but did not link it to missing quests - Doh!

JaytB
06-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Cool :) Thanks for posting this :)

Yvonnel
06-22-2011, 08:58 AM
Hawt Dawg!!! I can finally get them all done. Thanks devs for helping someone out with their OCD.

Gluttony
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Perhaps I was a bit premature in doing my celebratory end zone dance, and as a result I fell just yards short of the goal line (3 to be exact). I'm not sure why the cycle is out of sync, but I was offered a GK quest from Lilly (which I abandoned due to insufficient instances) and figured that I would just catch it on the next round which should have been 5 days later by my calculations. However, it seems that the daily Cockroach quest was offered two days in a row, and now we're back to the K&Q daily. Initially I was stoked about the fix that I just had to share my delight with the forums, but now it seems that my OCD has just been kicked into high gear knowing where the actual issue lies and not being able to do a thing to accomplish these quests!

Riccits
06-23-2011, 11:55 AM
yeah iam at 189/190. need a daily quest of trash heap. the cockroach was 2x in the cycle. imo a bug again.

Siejo
06-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks for making this thread and helping the rest of us to figure this mystery out. Let's just hope for the new areas the quests aren't as confusing.

Gluttony
06-25-2011, 05:22 AM
Today's daily quest: Goldfever

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2066/img0759.png

Riccits
06-25-2011, 07:47 AM
thx gluttony, have all PL quests now! :D

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2977/foton.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/foton.png/)

Siejo
06-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Finally 100% completed. Glad that was fixed. Thanks again for the info.

Xymorg
07-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Well, its K&Q on 7/1 so if it's an 8 day repeating cycle of

GK
CR
CR
KQ
TH
GF
KQ
GK

Then I'll get the Trash Heap I need tomorrow.

Although the doubles are suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if a "day" was just something like 30 hrs of server time and the apparent duplicates are just the switch not lining up with calendar days. In that case it could be KQ again "tomorrow" depending on when it was in the day.

It also maybe just be random.

Has anyone ever been on when it switched? When does it go?

Gluttony
07-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Then I'll get the Trash Heap I need tomorrow.

Has anyone ever been on when it switched? When does it go?

Yes, I believe that if the "pattern" (an 8 day cycle) continues then Trash Heap should be the daily offered tomorrow.

By "switched" I assume you mean when the quests reset for the next day, and the answer is 0300 PST (3:00 AM Pacific Standard time).

Futumsh
07-01-2011, 10:19 PM
It's not a cycle, it's random which is offered each day.

Gluttony
07-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Today's daily quest: Trash Heap (congratulations Xymorg).

It's not a cycle, it's random which is offered each day.

There's that word again, random. Well guess I'm just making a pattern out of nothing and this thread will go down in the PL rumors hall of fame. It'll get pased around from noob to noob like a game of virtual telephone. Hilarious how it's kept up for a while though... guess that's how all the legendary rumors get started, based on a shread of proof... or perhaps... I'm right and there is an 8 day cycle (or was). At this point in order to prevent all of Alterra from trying to find the pattern to randomness, Futumsh must either:
A)Admit defeat
B)Find the programmer responsible for Lilly's quests and ride them until it's fixed
C)Sit back, wait until proven right, then post an epic IN YO' FACE reply

I'll await your choice kind sir.

Siejo
07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Today's daily quest: Trash Heap (congratulations Xymorg).

There's that word again, random. Well guess I'm just making a pattern out of nothing and this thread will go down in the PL rumors hall of fame. It'll get pased around from noob to noob like a game of virtual telephone. Hilarious how it's kept up for a while though... guess that's how all the legendary rumors get started, based on a shread of proof... or perhaps... I'm right and there is an 8 day cycle (or was). At this point in order to prevent all of Alterra from trying to find the pattern to randomness, Futumsh must either:
A)Admit defeat
B)Find the programmer responsible for Lilly's quests and ride them until it's fixed
C)Sit back, wait until proven right, then post an epic IN YO' FACE reply

I'll await your choice kind sir.

Some tough choices there hahahaha. Seriously though I think it just frustrates people when it offers the same thing twice in a row. Devs can we at least make it a cycle just because it causes us OCD people to nervously twitch and pull our hair out?;)