PDA

View Full Version : Pvp betting?

Staffed
06-04-2010, 12:03 AM
I think that one reason pvp is not as popular is because there is no incentive for the players. Soo... What if we added betting. There would be more compition and a new reason for people to pvp. There could be diffrent amounts for each player to choose to bet from and who ever wins claims the prize. I think that this would put a big spark back into pvp.

Silentreaper
06-04-2010, 01:10 AM
Maybe even have an XXXX amount space also, for some of the higher guild copetitions? You would simply put an ex amount. Maybe would also have to put where both teams would have to bet the same. like a check box to confirm like the trade. so that there arent those cheap scammers. lol Hmm not sure but this might work. If they would consider adding this in before guilds come in, so we could git the hang of it before their release.

Sayishere
06-04-2010, 05:50 AM
i personally just think adding in pvp armour, like different choices, either pvp armour or pve armour, they both have similiar stats but different in some way, and pvp leveling system with rewards like titles or something

this will make everyone pvp

no need for betting

Rebel
06-04-2010, 07:08 AM
i personally just think adding in pvp armour, like different choices, either pvp armour or pve armour, they both have similiar stats but different in some way, and pvp leveling system with rewards like titles or something

this will make everyone pvp

no need for betting

I totally agree with PvP gear. Like, a certain amount of wins (or kills) would allow you to gain tokens to spend for PvP gear. I think that this would be a great incentive to play. Maybe some of the PvP gear could be even better than PvE gear. It would just have to cost a lot of tokens.

ed anger
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
pvp definitely needs incentives: rewards, a ladder, etc to bring people in. otherwise most people will try it a couple times and then stop, and those that want to play will have no one to play with.

Diz
06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I think PvP needs no incentives. What it needs is refinement, balancing, and players who actually like killing other players in video games and not players who like waving their e-peen on time sinkable leaderboards or need some pixelated form of crack as a shallow reward.

But I don't really care if they put in a carrot stick, it's pretty standard in today's MMOs that the playerbases NEED to be rewarded for doing something that already provides them with endless entertainment and experience.

ed anger
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
incentives are like crack to MMO players, it's an MMO, dedicated PvP players will prob play other games.

FriedSushi
06-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Maybe you could add a random drop (sorta like regular mobs in pve, but maybe slightly higher rarer drop rate) everytime you kill another player...or THE REF

xkitex
09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I think that one reason pvp is not as popular is because there is no incentive for the players. Soo... What if we added betting. There would be more compition and a new reason for people to pvp. There could be diffrent amounts for each player to choose to bet from and who ever wins claims the prize. I think that this would put a big spark back into pvp.

90% of people would not pay if the lost. It would just turn into scamming.

Ssneakykills
09-07-2014, 03:04 PM

Rofl read the date of this thread

AppleNoob
09-07-2014, 04:13 PM

Seriously necro man.

Mothwing
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Lol @ Wetphart

Cavoc
09-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Who wants to bet this is still a bad idea?

XghostzX
09-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Who wants to bet this is still a bad idea?

Idk man I'd kinda like pvp rewards

Cavoc
09-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Idk man I'd kinda like pvp rewards

Don't get me wrong, pvp rewards would be fantastic, it's just the boosting would ruin it. People already boost like crazy just for a better kd. Imagine how much people would if there were actual rewards included as well.

Lexlyde
09-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Maybe if there was official tournament where rewards would be gaven by Spacetime.

Trenton
09-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, pvp rewards would be fantastic, it's just the boosting would ruin it. People already boost like crazy just for a better kd. Imagine how much people would if there were actual rewards included as well.
How would people boost? The gold comes from the loser's gold count to the winner's