PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal now?

Yvonnel
06-22-2011, 04:07 PM
So I'm in Balefort Castle wandering around and see someone spamming "Pinks for sale, get them while they last." So I wander over and open trade window and ask what they are selling. The person joins me in the trade window, then pm's me, "Show me all of your gold first." Boom, I exit trade window and click ignore. I mean come on, if I asked what you are selling, I got gold to spend.

My question is, does this happen a lot? I mean if its common place then I'll learn to deal with it.

thugimmortal
06-22-2011, 04:59 PM
cant say its ever happend to me.
but theres nothing they can do anyway because you both have to confirm.
also that player probably wanted to see your gold so you could not haggle his prices.

Hankomachos
06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Im not sure if we were in the same instance but I saw him too. :rolleyes:

JaytB
06-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I think that he just wanted to see if you could actually pay for his stuff. One of the reasons that I never shout in public chat what I sell, is that you get many people that want your stuff, but only make crappy trade propositions because they don't have gold. My guess is that guy got tired of that, so he wanted to see if you could actually pay for what he had to offer. At least, that's my thought.

Phoenixking
06-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeah

Otukura
06-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I think that he just wanted to see if you could actually pay for his stuff. One of the reasons that I never shout in public chat what I sell, is that you get many people that want your stuff, but only make crappy trade propositions because they don't have gold. My guess is that guy got tired of that, so he wanted to see if you could actually pay for what he had to offer. At least, that's my thought.

True... if I'm selling a big item, I'll ask to see the gold so I don't waste 20k re-listing it because you decide to offer half price.

bluuuue
06-23-2011, 01:03 AM
I had I guy says" selling pinks cheap" opened trade window, and he says" can you buy me something" lol. The amount of beggers is wow ridiculous now. Plz add begger to report option. Ppl spamming begs and what they are selling over and over just ruins going to fort Blackstone. C ya in game. Bluuuue

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
06-23-2011, 05:20 AM
Or maybe hes trying to ripp u off depending on the amount of money u have....

Shadowie
06-23-2011, 05:28 AM
There r so many kinds of people in the world, especially this cyber world. IMO, when i dislike someone behaviour, i simply ignore him/her. Keep cool, enjoy the game. Cheers

KingFu
06-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Never happened to me, but eh, I get a lot of trash offers when selling high end/collector gear. I got offered 5K the other day for my level 32 dreamer tiara that I wasn't even selling, countless offers under 30K for my green ice staff, 10K for vyx, blah. Gets old real fast lol, If I'm selling something, and it's a lower level, I usually ask em if they know what it's worth, if they don't, I tell em and leave it up to them to pay or leave, if they do, I go along asking for an offer or a deal.

Tamino
06-23-2011, 05:38 AM

I never travel with ALL my gold on one character; I keep my treasure stashed.

Riccits
06-23-2011, 06:30 AM
i always ask low levels for showing money first... they never have anyway...

Gaddy
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Sadly, with an expanding "play for free" player base, you've got to expect a few dim bulbs on the x-mas tree...

apocketlegend
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
People do That to make sure your not a noob and have gold... It's happend to me when I was only my Lvl 17 and was wondering the same thing... Just happens

WhoIsThis
06-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Generally I find that if you are a high level character and you are wearing expensive items, it seems to happen less. Having sparkles or something like sewer king seems to convince people that you are reasonably wealthy. In cases they ask though, show them the money. Then leave the trade window after they get a good look, unless they show the item. You made have to trade again (often there is some haggling).

People generally don't want to remove stuff from the cs without reason to help that you can afford it. On the downside, sparkling sets tend to make you a magnet for beggars, especially in the cs and forest haven.