PDA

View Full Version : Enchantress Guide O' Hurs

Hurs
04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Hurs and today we are going to be talking about a class that is dearly loved by me... the Enchantress. When you hear the name of the class, you might assume that you will be playing as an Elf... which you will be. The Elves are a rather frisky bunch who take pride in being able to twiddle a wand about and conjure up sparkles. There is no gender choice because...well... I am not really sure, but playing as a female isn't bad, eh? Anyway, I better get started on actually writing the guide.

Why play the Enchantress?

I hear this question a lot and, quite frankly, it all comes down to how you want to play and what you want to accomplish. Sure you can be a giant bear that likes to swing around hunks of flaming metal, or a hawkish bird that enjoys aiming twigs at people, but what beats the thrill of tapping on an icon and making an enormous fireballish explosion erupt from your body? Yeah, that's what I thought, nothing.

Class Roles

There are three main roles that the Enchantress can fill: Debuffer/Buffer, AoE Damage and the Healer. Most people tend to think that since the first spell you get is a group heal that the only thing Enchantresses are meant to do is heal, heal, heal, and heal some more. This is an incorrect assumption as while that is the first spell that you get, it is also the last healing spell you get (Resurrect excluded). Keep in mind that you can merge two of these roles together. This is not always advised, however, so make sure you have an idea of what you want before mixing.

List of Spells

Level 2: Heal (Restore Health!) Cost 30, +10 Heal per rank
Level 4: Frostbite (Freeze your target!) Cost 20, +5 damage and +1 sec Freeze time per rank
Level 6: Lightning (Blast surrounding enemies with lightning!) Cost 30, +10 damage per rank
Level 8: Resurrect (Bring your friends back immediately!) Cost 70 at Rank 1, -10 cost per rank
Level 10: Firestorm (Unleash a big fiery blast... of FIRE!) Cost 30, +10 Multi target damage per rank
Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare trgets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank
Level 14: Drain Life (Steal health from your target...for yourself!) Cost 30. +Damage/Health per rank
Level 16: Weakness (Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit!) Cost 50. -5 target damage per rank
Level 18: Nightmare (Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)!) Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank.
Level 20: Magic Shield (Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!) Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank.
Level 22: Blessing of Vitality (Increase party health generation!) Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank.
Level 24: Blessing of Might (Increase your party's strength and damage!) Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank.

These spells can be broken up into the three roles mentioned above (Debuff/Buff, AoE Damage, Healer)

Debuff/Buff

Level 16: Weakness (Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit!) Cost 50. -5 target damage per rank
Level 18: Nightmare (Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)!) Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank.
Level 22: Blessing of Vitality (Increase party health generation!) Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank.
Level 24: Blessing of Might (Increase your party's strength and damage!) Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank.

AoE Damage

Level 6: Lightning (Blast surrounding enemies with lightning!) Cost 30, +10 damage per rank
Level 10: Firestorm (Unleash a big fiery blast... of FIRE!) Cost 30, +10 Multi target damage per rank
Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare targets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank

Healer

Level 8: Resurrect (Bring your friends back immediately!) Cost 70 at Rank 1, -10 cost per rank

As you have probably noticed, there are a few "odd" spells in that list that do not evenly fit into any of the three categories. These are:

Level 4: Frostbite (Freeze your target!) Cost 20, +5 damage and +1 sec Freeze time per rank
Level 14: Drain Life (Steal health from your target...for yourself!) Cost 30. +Damage/Health per rank
Level 20: Magic Shield (Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!) Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank.

This is where you can begin to mix and match the spells to match your personal taste. For example, if I am using the AoE Damage setup, I can add in the AoE ability Heal to make sure that my party members alive, or if I am feeling a bit more selfish I can use Drain Life. Perhaps I feel like having a single target freeze? It really is up to you once you get the basic spells down.

Skill Point Allocation

Now you may be wondering: "Wow Hurs, you sure are useless. You give me these spells but don't tell me what to do with them!" That is a good thought, but let's take a look at what we can do with these fancy spells and attributes. First of all, there are three attributes:

Strength
Dexterity
Intelligence

Can you guess which one you want to pick? Good, you shouldn't. Unless you did. Well... you shouldn't have. Anyway. Assigning points to these attributes once again goes back to which role you pick. For example, when I run my AoE Damage build, you can bet Uranus (see what I did there?) that I don't want Strength, whereas if I am being the group healbot I might want a bit more health. Debuffers/Buffers may not need as much mana, allowing them to dabble in Strength and even a bit of Dexterity if you are feeling daring. As for individual skill points, let's see what we have to work with in each class. We said that the Debuff/Buff role has four main spells:

This makes it a pretty easy decision as to which skills to max. But let's move on to a more challenging role, the AoE Damage role. Earlier we said that there are three main skills:

Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare trgets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank

Now it may seem obvious that you want to max out Lightning and Firestorm, but take a look at Ice Storm. Do you see what you get from maxing it out? That's right, increased freeze time. There is no damage increase, you just get to keep 'em in the freezer longer. This could save you five skill points that you may want to assign to some other skills such as Drain Life or Heal. WARNING: I do not recommend the use of Magic Shield on the AoE Damage class as your mana pool will run out too quickly, preventing you from getting any spells off. Now for another challenging skill build, the Healer. We said that it has two main spells:

This also leaves room open for some interesting skill point assignments. You clearly want to max out Heal and reducing the cost of Resurrect isn't too bad, but that still leaves you with some points that I know you want to assign. The question you should ask yourself at this point is: Do you want to be a carpenter? I jest, I jest. There are a few options here as well. You could become the almighty BATTLE HEALER and use some damage skills to spice up the healing, or you could become the mighty CANADIAN MOOSE and use some buff skills to enhance the party. It is for you to decide.

What about gear?

Just go with what looks the coolest, honestly. I mean... looks are really what matters, right? Let's look at an example: If you saw a guy that had a small dagger (I know what you are thinking) that was the best weapon in the game, and you also saw a guy that had an enormous flaming, shadowy sword of darkness that completely sucked ***... who would you sleep with? Yeah, exactly. Just apply that thinking to the game.

But in all seriousness, this again returns to the role you are trying to fill. If you are being the buffbot, you might want to have a weapon that does more damage for when you aren't buffing the group. If you are the AoE Damage dealer, you will probably want to try and find a weapon that does AoE damage on impact and has a bonus to intelligence or mana regen. For healers... you can pretty much just go with the thinking in the previous paragraph :D

Thanks for reading,

Hurs
Legends Clan
http://theappradar.com/

Rylin
04-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Good write-up. Lots of great information to the aspiring Enchanters among us. ;)

Hooblaim
04-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Nice guide.

Reaper
04-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Epique - Awesome guide

Banned
04-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Best guide evar? Yes, yes it is.

Xela
04-12-2010, 09:32 PM
wow this guide was so good i want to sleep with you and your giant flaming sword.

babimete
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
hello, thnx you for the great guide...
so if i'm choosing AOE ... should i dump all of my stats to int? or do i need other stats like dex? may i have your suggestion? thnx u :)

setec
04-12-2010, 09:46 PM
This guide is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurs
04-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Babimete, I have messed around with other stats besides Intelligence for an AoE build, and I keep coming back to just staying with full Intelligence. You gain more mana regen (crucial) as well as a larger mana pool.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys! ^^

babimete
04-12-2010, 10:29 PM
greatness, thank you for the quick reply..:D

dveight
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
i 100% disagree with putting all stats into mana. this is a horrible idea imo, i have a lot of points into str which allows me to wear gear with more +armor and i get more hp.

Jetshrike
04-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Good guide. I disagree about not using mana shield as it really is useful against the tougher eneimies who would otherwise lay waster to you in a few hits and its a good panic button should yor health start to drop to low to quickly. I personnaly have put some points in dex and str to give my character a bit more balance. I also think raising the level of icestorm is a bit pointless because most enchantresses immediatley follow up ice storm with firestorm to get the 'hot flash' combo. Even if they don't theres a good chance a warrior will use 'stomp' pulling off the 'shattered combo'. Apart from that it was a well written guide :)

Mez
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
i 100% disagree with putting all stats into mana. this is a horrible idea imo, i have a lot of points into str which allows me to wear gear with more +armor and i get more hp.

You need to put so much strength in to get an appreciable boost in hp, that I'm not currently able to see it as a value stat. Maybe I'm not high enough level yet, and need more stat points to play with?

Hurs
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I have found that the points needed in strength to receive any noticeable increase in health is not worth it right now. You will still get destroyed by mobs in the later dungeons if you let them get on you, so I like to let the bears handle it ^^

@ Jetshrike, I completely agree with not putting too many points into Ice Storm because of the Hot Flash! combo

pbfreek
04-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Awesome! Wish I had this before I finished up my first Enchantress.

Pixxie
04-16-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm surprised Spacetime doesn't charge us $.99 in game to read this guide. Seriously. OMG. :)

Azrael
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
epic guide hurs! little late sayin it but well done

goosie84
04-16-2010, 10:15 PM
best guide

Hurs
04-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks for all of the positive feedback ^_^

drjonze
04-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Thanks for taking the time with your guides, they've been a huge help!

Infamous-D
04-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Nice write up man !! Enchantress all da way WOOT WOOT!

|alterra|miakaa|lvl30|enchantress|

:D

Ritax
10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Wow thanks for the uber guide... I just started this game yesterday and I knew I was holding off on spending any skill points for a reason. Again great guide and thanks for taking the time to put this together

Looks like i'll be an AoE damage dealer!

-Ritax (lvl 7 Enchantress)

jonboy
10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Uber guide?????, it is ok doesn't go into any depth and I've read a dozen of these guides, useful for the noobs, nothing in there for a vet though.

Ritax
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Okay let me rephrase that - great guide for anyone just starting out (me) - So i'm not throwing points where ever. It gives direction. Saves me from respec'ing in the future or for a while I guess...

Thanks.

Praesidium
11-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Hello, im kinda new to this game (android user and such).

thinking that max level is 50, can i assume that we'll have 50 skill points to spend? so i can start thinking on which spells to max (all have 5 as max rank right?)

Ritax
11-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Hello, welcome to PL!

Yes max level at this moment is 50. We get 49 points to spend and max rank is 5 but not everything can be maxed out.

It really depends on what your play style is for you to decide on which spells to max out first. At early levels it's recommended to max out heal, lightning and firestorm.

People say not to put points into frostbite but that's just opinion I have at least one. When I solo or have to kite a mob it comes in handy.

Revive, Icestorm and Magic Shield you only need 1 point in.

Praesidium
11-11-2010, 12:15 PM
im not new to MMO's, i wont spend points in firestorm (at least now that i dont need the extra dps to do anything as i can kite my way to solo every level) cause i dont intend to be a strong dpser, i intend to be a strong healer/buffer that doesnt die easily :P

u say that i only need 1 point in icestorm and magic shield but then u need ur tanks to never ever fail, how much more armor do we get by point in magic shield? (if its only a few armor then yeah, i would only put one in it)

i intend to now at lvl 14 decide if i either wanna max out frostbite or drain life to single target dps on bosses while i save my mana to heal (aoe burns all the mana down really fast).

and yes i do know u have way more experience than i do, and im not saying that ur wrong, i'm just saying that's not my playstile, i created an enchantress to heal, not to do damage :)

Ritax
11-11-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm sure you're not new (we all came from WoW or EQ :P)

well 1 point in ice storm because the next ranking just increases the damage a little and does not help keep them frozen longer. I like to use Ice Storm followed by Firestorm because it is a combo and I think gives a little more dmg (not positive). Also when you use Ice Storm someone in the group will break it by using something else anyway... I see no point in putting more than 1 but that's just my opinion.

magic shield - Yeah it only increases armor by a few points from 4 points to 6points to 8...

I was only speaking at lower lvls to put 1 in frostbite but if you strictly plan to kite by all means put more :). I currently have 5 in frostbite and i only added it when all the other spells I wanted maxed out are maxed.

LOL. I wouldn't say I have way more experience. I just started maybe 3 weeks back. Everything is just opinion and play styles can change how one distributes their skills. PvE or PvP, damage build, balanced build, Paladin(off-tank) build. All these can be different. :)

Good Luck and have fun.

Praesidium
11-11-2010, 12:43 PM
"magic shield - Yeah it only increases armor by a few points from 4 points to 6points to 8..."

oh.. my.. god.. what a suck *** skill increase xD

well ill max for sure

thats 5 skills, 25 points, 24 to go, 6 points to have at least one of each makes 31 points, 18 to go,

then i would use 4 to max lightning as it gives a hit debuff and so ill use it often, but at least from rank 1 to 2 its a damage increase of 23-35 to 29-41, kinda low, for a 12 second cooldown.

and lol now i get to 14 and see that drain life has 31 sec cooldown , not useful at all to level this then, maybe only for pvp burst,

so i'll prolly spend the rest of the 18 points as 4 on frostbite, and the rest is peanuts, 4 on firestorm and 4 on drainlife for some pvping and the other 6 points as 4 on lightning and 2 on ice storm.

we clearly lack useful skills, or more choices

btw can u post the rest of the cooldowns of the skills? they're not in the guide,

Ritax
11-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Here are my skills at level 50.

I don't remember which ones decrease as you add points but for what I have here are the cool downs

List of Spells

Level 2: Heal (Restore Health!) Cost 30, +10 Heal per rank CD:5.5 sec
Level 4: Frostbite (Freeze your target!) Cost 20, +5 damage and +1 sec Freeze time per rank CD: 15 sec
Level 6: Lightning (Blast surrounding enemies with lightning!) Cost 30, +10 damage per rank CD: 12 sec
Level 8: Resurrect (Bring your friends back immediately!) Cost 70 at Rank 1, -10 cost per rank CD: 13 sec
Level 10: Firestorm (Unleash a big fiery blast... of FIRE!) Cost 30, +10 Multi target damage per rank CD: 20 sec
Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare trgets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank CD: 28 sec
Level 14: Drain Life (Steal health from your target...for yourself!) Cost 30. +Damage/Health per rank CD: 31.4 sec
Level 16: Weakness (Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit!) Cost 50. -5 target damage per rank CD: 33 sec
Level 18: Nightmare (Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)!) Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank. CD: 31 sec
Level 20: Magic Shield (Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!) Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank. CD: 58 sec
Level 22: Blessing of Vitality (Increase party health generation!) Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank. CD: 30 sec? It didn't say I used a stopwatch
Level 24: Blessing of Might (Increase your party's strength and damage!) Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank. CD: 30 sec? It didn't say I used a stopwatch

Mana potions are cheap I just spam spells and use potions but with M/s gear you don't have to use many potions as the mana ticks per second is so fast.

Gamelova
11-11-2010, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Infamous-D;7652]Nice write up man !! Enchantress all da way WOOT WOOT!

THEN BAM! A ARCHER JUST OWNS YOU!
BLAST SHOT AND BREAK ARMOR RULES :D

Message too short please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
Well IDK! I just did.

Praesidium
11-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Here are my skills at level 50.

I don't remember which ones decrease as you add points but for what I have here are the cool downs

List of Spells

Level 2: Heal (Restore Health!) Cost 30, +10 Heal per rank CD:5.5 sec
Level 4: Frostbite (Freeze your target!) Cost 20, +5 damage and +1 sec Freeze time per rank CD: 15 sec
Level 6: Lightning (Blast surrounding enemies with lightning!) Cost 30, +10 damage per rank CD: 12 sec
Level 8: Resurrect (Bring your friends back immediately!) Cost 70 at Rank 1, -10 cost per rank CD: 13 sec
Level 10: Firestorm (Unleash a big fiery blast... of FIRE!) Cost 30, +10 Multi target damage per rank CD: 20 sec
Level 12: Ice Storm (Snare trgets in a bone chilling ice storm!) Cost 25, +Freeze time per rank CD: 28 sec
Level 14: Drain Life (Steal health from your target...for yourself!) Cost 30. +Damage/Health per rank CD: 31.4 sec
Level 16: Weakness (Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit!) Cost 50. -5 target damage per rank CD: 33 sec
Level 18: Nightmare (Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)!) Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank. CD: 31 sec
Level 20: Magic Shield (Divert incoming damage to your mana pool!) Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank. CD: 58 sec
Level 22: Blessing of Vitality (Increase party health generation!) Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank. CD: 30 sec? It didn't say I used a stopwatch
Level 24: Blessing of Might (Increase your party's strength and damage!) Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank. CD: 30 sec? It didn't say I used a stopwatch

Mana potions are cheap I just spam spells and use potions but with M/s gear you don't have to use many potions as the mana ticks per second is so fast.

yeah , guess thats the build i was going aswell.
and yes, at lvl 8 i bought 100 mana pots for a third of my entire gold, which is kinda few as i still got about 30 pots and im lvl 14 with 7k gold now.

hoipolloi
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Can you reset your skills and start over???