PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends

Samhayne
06-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Is Star Legends currently available?
Yes!

Get the App from the Android Marketplace at: https://market.android.com/details?id=sts.sl
Download the .APK from the forums at: http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/StarLegends.apk
Download with Verizon V CAST

What do I need to play Star Legends?
You need an Android Device with the following minimum statistics:

Android 2.1
OpenGL ES 1.1 support

When will Star Legends be available on the Apple App Store?
For our fans with Apple iOS devices, we continue to work with Apple regarding approval of Star Legends for the App Store. We are excited to get Star Legends in to your hands in the near future.

SknyAndy
07-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Wooohoooo! Im ready.

Zalmon
07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
tomarrow!!! yay :D

Zalmon
07-05-2011, 06:38 PM
will it be uploaded at any given time of the day to vcast?

Samhayne
07-05-2011, 06:39 PM
will it be uploaded at any given time of the day to vcast?

We will let you know when and where to get it from V Cast.

Acyer
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Sam.

Zalmon
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
ok thank you :)

Yvonnel
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Goodness, I'm getting antsy. Do I stay up all night or what? Argh!!! The suspense is killing me.

Zaltiar
07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I dont know about all the different mobile service providers in the states, if I got mine in Australia can I still download the game from the market?

romgar1
07-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Can i give you my phone number and have someone text call or gmail me on my phone the second its out? lol im joking but if you can id be more than happy to give you the info you need to contact me.

Aculeas
07-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Sam is just full of good news todays :)

SknyAndy
07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Agreed, Sam never let's me down

Exemplify
07-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Cannot wait! Was checking all day for news when it would be released.

Samhayne
07-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I dont know about all the different mobile service providers in the states, if I got mine in Australia can I still download the game from the market?

Hi Zaltiar,

You will be able to get Star Legends off the Android Market when we go to full release, probably in about 2 weeks (depending on how the beta goes). For the beta, it's only available to Verizon Wireless customers who have access to their V CAST App Store. We partnered with Verizon so we could limit the number of people in the game initially for a beta test so we can shake out bugs and issues.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Yvonnel
07-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Ok. I'm going to bed. Have to get up early for work.

Really hope something wakes me up in the middle of the night.

thequickone
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I understand the need to limit the beta tester pool. However, this may also inadvertently limit the quality of beta testing. Verizon's customer base will likely have a fair amount of talented players and testers. In my opinion, it is much more likely a larger number of skilled players and testers that could contribute to the quality of the beta have been effectively cut off from the game.

Even though I am a busy worker and father, I would still like to contribute in the release of what is shaping up to be an historic game. However, I am on Sprint and therefore will likely not have access to the beta. I have read in a few places that the beta may be provided to non-V Cast Android users, such as myself, via promos and/or contests. Can you confirm this?

Thanks for keeping us all in the know!

Orcish
07-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I understand the need to limit the beta tester pool. However, this may also inadvertently limit the quality of beta testing. Verizon's customer base will likely have a fair amount of talented players and testers. In my opinion, it is much more likely a larger number of skilled players and testers that could contribute to the quality of the beta have been effectively cut off from the game.Even though I am a busy worker and father, I would still like to contribute in the release of what is shaping up to be an historic game. However, I am on Sprint and therefore will likely not have access to the beta. I have read in a few places that the beta may be provided to non-V Cast Android users, such as myself, via promos and/or contests. Can you confirm this?Thanks for keeping us all in the know!I'm on the same mindset as you, and I'm in a very similar situation as yourself. I would also like to know about the non-v cast beta testers.

Samhayne
07-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Yes, as we have announced previously, we will be making a limited number of additional beta apps available to non V CAST Android users through partner websites. Just today we armed our PR firm with details to disseminate to these sites. Expect to see these contests going up soon. We'll post them here with links so those interested can enter to win them.

Swimmingstar
07-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm on the same mindset as you, and I'm in a very similar situation as yourself. I would also like to know about the non-v cast beta testers.
me too!

Swimmingstar
07-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, as we have announced previously, we will be making a limited number of additional beta apps available to non V CAST Android users through partner websites. Just today we armed our PR firm with details to disseminate to these sites. Expect to see these contests going up soon. We'll post them here with links so those interested can enter to win them.
so how many winners

Pharcyde
07-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Beta officially goes live tomorrow. Rough time estiamate - noon-5 pm.

Like Samhayne said, you can get your hands onto a beta key off of droid sites partnered with pocket legends, IF you are not a Verizon user. You don't need to compete in contests to play the beta, if your a verizon customer.

so how many winners

my estimate is 50-250 keys were given out.

Otukura
07-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh, ugh... there's going to be too much competition.

Orcish
07-05-2011, 11:32 PM
You all are so quick to respond the the communities needs, we thank you! BTW how was everyone's 4th of July?

Pharcyde
07-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh, ugh... there's going to be too much competition.

Soo.. your not going to compete. Come one Willey Nelson! Compete! :rolleyes:

Otukura
07-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Soo.. your not going to compete. Come one Willey Nelson! Compete! :rolleyes:

Oh... no... I'm going to be on from 6AM to 12 PM tomorrow just for this. :D

Pharcyde
07-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh... no... I'm going to be on from 6AM to 12 PM tomorrow just for this. :D

I'm quite upset. I requested the 4th off, because that was the day beta was suppost to launch. I was incredibly happy to be called off work today, because beta launch coulda went live today. Now, I work tomorrow 2-10:15 pm. I also got chores/erands to do tomorrow. Sooo... any chances of being the FIRST ever player is gone, and chance I wont get to reserve some unclaimed names. Meh. The whole reason I was exited for beta was name request and bug testing. Guess I Still get half of what I wanted :P.

Otukura
07-05-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm quite upset. I requested the 4th off, because that was the day beta was suppost to launch. I was incredibly happy to be called off work today, because beta launch coulda went live today. Now, I work tomorrow 2-10:15 pm. I also got chores/erands to do tomorrow. Sooo... any chances of being the FIRST ever player is gone, and chance I wont get to reserve some unclaimed names. Meh. The whole reason I was exited for beta was name request and bug testing. Guess I Still get half of what I wanted :P.

Hmm... I still think you'll have a good chance.

I wonder if I can get multiple beta keys...

shinchin
07-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Just got off work staying up for this. I keep refreshing the app store :))

ThisGuy0502
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
So its not out for sprint android users... Or it is?

Johnaudi
07-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Sam couldnt it available live apk? So we can download directly to V cast

Johnaudi
07-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Beta officially goes live tomorrow. Rough time estiamate - noon-5 pm.

Like Samhayne said, you can get your hands onto a beta key off of droid sites partnered with pocket legends, IF you are not a Verizon user. You don't need to compete in contests to play the beta, if your a verizon customer.

my estimate is 50-250 keys were given out.
Wow so its possible that all of us get that key lol

Johnaudi
07-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Hmm... I still think you'll have a good chance.

I wonder if I can get multiple beta keys...
I think one key per person...Everyone wanna try beta u know.

Zaltiar
07-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Hi Zaltiar,

You will be able to get Star Legends off the Android Market when we go to full release, probably in about 2 weeks (depending on how the beta goes). For the beta, it's only available to Verizon Wireless customers who have access to their V CAST App Store. We partnered with Verizon so we could limit the number of people in the game initially for a beta test so we can shake out bugs and issues.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

No worries sam, i'll be sure to download it when it comes out :)

modredd
07-06-2011, 08:02 AM
I have the Droid X on verizon running 2.3.
I can not find it in my V-cast? I have 16 gb of data left.
Are some phones not compatible?

Colin Healey
07-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Reply to all those wondering about VCAST.

I've gone in done some research, VCAST's apps go through a process like the IPHONE apps, but is only available to Verizon, and that just happens to be only people in the united states.

now the q & a.

Q can i download VCAST onto my phone

A yes. but unless you have an account with VERIZON you cannot use it.

Q is this new game going to cost money, besides for plat.

A good question, from what I have seen Verizon has a billing plan attached to your phone contract with them.
"70% of cost goes to the app developer, and 30% goes to Verizon" (quote off of Verizons dev site.)

Q when will i be able to play off of the market?

A soon, if you read all the posts you would notice it says in about 2 weeks on page 1.

Q i don't care about bugs, just let me play.

A unless you have an account with verizon for the beta perion you cannot play, the VCAST app will download but will terminatea as you do not have a Verizon account.

Q how many more questions are there here?

A as many as there are answers.

good luck see you in 2 weeks on Blackstar.

Flowman
07-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Dumb question...but how do I log in? I downloaded the beta and am at the sign in screen...is the only way right now through unregistered accounts?

EDIT: Never mind I logged in with my PL data, I just forgot my password. Another question though; I use my school email to log in, but that email will soon be deactivated as I won't be attending that school anymore. How do I change to another email without losing my accounts on PL?

Samhayne
07-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Dumb question...but how do I log in? I downloaded the beta and am at the sign in screen...is the only way right now through unregistered accounts?

EDIT: Never mind I logged in with my PL data, I just forgot my password. Another question though; I use my school email to log in, but that email will soon be deactivated as I won't be attending that school anymore. How do I change to another email without losing my accounts on PL?

Hey Flowman, we have some instructions on our support portal at:

http://spacetimestudios.zendesk.com/entries/20172743-how-can-i-change-my-account-s-e-mail

You can update your Pocket Legend's Account's e-mail from within Pocket Legends. To do this:

At the Character Select screen tap the "My Account" button in the lower right-hand corner.
Tap Modify Account
Enter your new e-mail in the New Email and Reenter New Email fields.
Tap the "Modify" button

sabermage
07-06-2011, 12:01 PM
How come there haven't been any twitter updates in regards to the beta?

Samhayne
07-06-2011, 12:35 PM
How come there haven't been any twitter updates in regards to the beta?

'Cause I'm posting here replying to you :)

Kizlode
07-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Just to be clear, is the beta live now? Because, like modredd above, I'm a Verizon customer and am not seeing it in Vcast.

Dark Avenger
07-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I got the same question as above cuz I'm not finding anything :(

Salem
07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Same as above. On Verizon with a Droid X and I don't see the app on vcast.

jaggedlilpill
07-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah guys, seem quite a few of us vzw users can't get access to it for some reason. Would love to hear why as I don't think the lady from tech earlier knew what she was talking about. I'm on hold w/ vzw tech again.

Gtl gamer
07-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm a sprint customer any way you could let me know how to get a shot at being on beta. Ty sam

Kizlode
07-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Try this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30119-Win-a-Star-Legends-Beta-Key-Links-to-Contest-Giveaways-Here!

Dark Avenger
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
^^^ im an android user on verison wireless. Using original droid and can't see anything. I think people who are within beta guidelines shouldn't have to try to win a beta testing...

strausbaughwp
07-06-2011, 06:23 PM
saw a bunch of people having the same problem i did with the vcast apps saying there was an error and the user could not be identified (for me on a droid x). when i called customer support for verizon she got me to turn off my phone, remove my battery for ten seconds, and turn it back on. then we called *228, and pressed the first option to reprogram the phone (which doesnt delete or mess with anything). was able to download the app off of the vcast apps downloaded from samhayne's link. just in case people are still having that issue!

Kizlode
07-06-2011, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=The game will be available for many Android devices including DROID Charge by Samsung, Sony Ericsson Xperia™ PLAY, Samsung Fascinate™ and LG Revolution.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that our devices must be incompatible.

Pokechmp
07-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Great this beta thing is ok but now ur creating a guild and the beta players get special prizes? This sux :mad:

Ovocotto
07-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Yay:)

jaggedlilpill
07-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Has anyone running any of the motorola droid phones get v cast to work? This is torture!

Cascade
07-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Im kinda mad that people that get in the beta are getting special treatment so when the game comes out they will alrwady have all the best items and such...i mean they can be in the beta sure but they shouldnt be getting special items

Samhayne
07-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Im kinda mad that people that get in the beta are getting special treatment so when the game comes out they will alrwady have all the best items and such...i mean they can be in the beta sure but they shouldnt be getting special items

Hey Cascade, no one in beta is getting "special treatment" anymore than people do in Pocket Legends. I can see how your perception might be that they are from the guild discussion, but that's all the stock guild stuff. You'll see those same features in Pocket Legends when guilds are launched there too.

DefynGravity
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Can u invite me in beta guild??? I alrdy play games with multiple beta members

-Defyngravity

Dark Avenger
07-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Has anyone with the original motorola droid gotten the game yet? I can get to alittle bit of vcast apps from market but not all...sux...

Haha1234
07-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Star Legends is good game

Rare
07-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Has anyone with the original motorola droid gotten the game yet? I can get to alittle bit of vcast apps from market but not all...sux...

In another thread SamHayne posted there is a link to V CAST Apps supported phones. The Droid 1 is not on it. :(

I've been trying for days to get it. I got an APK for V CAST Apps. Unfortunately it ended up being for Droid Incredible.

ATL

EDIT: Actually it was at the beginning of this thread:

http://developer.verizon.com/jsps/de...evicesData.jsp

Windboot
07-09-2011, 02:19 AM
I got the beta key. Downloaded the game. But I fail installing it. What happened? Im on dell streak. Need guide, ty.

nikotin44
07-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Hi link to beta key contest is dead, are they closed ? Thx for reply

wendy2
07-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Thank you for this article. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases.Thanks!
Logo Polo Shirts (http://www.cheappoloshirtsnow.com/)
Work Polo Shirts (http://www.cheappoloshirtsnow.com/mens-big-pony-collection-c-34.html)
Sport Polo Shirts (http://www.cheappoloshirtsnow.com/mens-ralph-lauren-shorts-c-39.html)

SUPAPRODIGY
07-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Is beta over yet it did say 20th LoL

EyelessBear
07-24-2011, 04:21 AM
Nows a good time to switch service providers...

ModzGlitches
07-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeee Buddy!

clonefoursix
08-03-2011, 08:15 AM
How do you register an android device with ur google account? Because I have an android iPad thing and it won't let me download sl without the device so... Any help?

thugimmortal
08-03-2011, 08:20 AM
How do you register an android device with ur google account? Because I have an android iPad thing and it won't let me download sl without the device so... Any help?

Just go to settings accounts and just add your email?

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Becavalier
08-17-2011, 04:36 AM
I have been playing star legends for a month,it‘s nice,interesting.But,i think the character should have a higher level,and make more playing styles,if so,it will be better!