PDA

View Full Version : Star Legends Beta is Coming Soon! Name Reservations END TUESDAY!

Samhayne
06-23-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/misc/samhayne/hardlight/hardlightshield.gif

If you want to reserve your Pocket Legends character's name for use in Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles you will want to act now.

Log into Pocket Legends and go to your Avatar page and tap the button to reserve that character's name and that character will be granted the exclusive HardLight vanity shield! This opportunity ends on Tuesday, June 28, 2011.

For more details please see this post Star Legends Name Reservation Details (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26852)

Here is a closer look at the HardLight shield.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDpy5vq1O1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDpy5vq1O1k

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:29 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYES Mr. Sam Hayne you just made my YEAR with this post! :D

thugimmortal
06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
is the beta just for xperia play or is it going to be all android devices at the same time

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:31 PM
iOS devices will be included in the beta right? :(

Register
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM

i would hope so! And you downleveled! You were level 57 on my friends list!

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Lol whaat? =P i've been 53 for a whiiile :P been workin on my archer ><

thugimmortal
06-23-2011, 06:38 PM

I dont think it is :(

I read that its going to come out on android then ios later.

someone correct me if im wrong.

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM

I hope you're wrong! That would make me quite the sad panda!

Acyer
06-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Nope you are right. As apple will not approve unfinished apps. Verizon and android have a deal worked out with star legends for beta.

thugimmortal
06-23-2011, 06:46 PM
I hope you're wrong! That would make me quite the sad panda!

I think its apple not accepting betas to the itunes store.
Ill try and hunt the article down unless sam would shead some light on the subject.

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
I think its apple not accepting betas to the itunes store.
Ill try and hunt the article down unless sam would shead some light on the subject.

Isn't there a way for them to upload the app somewhere or send it to people to Download into our itunes?

Hmm well then i hope its a quick beta so i can start playing! :D

jaminn
06-23-2011, 06:51 PM

I am 80% positive you are correct because android can post it quickly but apple needs to take it through the tests which takes some time for new products to be aproved...I think...(don't quote me on that)

Otukura
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM

99% sure you're right, and it's for all android devices.

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Sounds like i need to acquire an android device or that cool new xperia device, then beg the devs to let me in beta :banana:

Conradin
06-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I wish somehow you couldget android market on a jailbroken device

Otukura
06-23-2011, 06:56 PM

I don't think that would work; from what I've heard about the first android beta, the app is tied to each individual device.

Zojak
06-23-2011, 06:56 PM

my iPad would be jailbroken so fast ><

Redbridge
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Ima off down to the android shop then....

Before i do.... Is it a closed beta or open?

Zojak
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM

it's likely an invite-only beta, then everything resets for release ><

Otukura
06-23-2011, 07:03 PM

check your PMs, closed.

thugimmortal
06-23-2011, 07:06 PM

Uhm are you wishing that you could get android market on a jailbroken apple device or do you mean rooted android device ?

Im just a tad confused lol

Zojak
06-23-2011, 07:07 PM
i'm fairly sure he means jailbroken ios device :)

thugimmortal
06-23-2011, 07:13 PM
check your PMs, closed.

Oh man thats rough so its invite only ?

I was so looking forward to some allnight testing.
Oh well the only players that get to be in the beta are probably the ones who reserved thier names.

Otukura
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Oh man thats rough so its invite only ?

I was so looking forward to some allnight testing.
Oh well the only players that get to be in the beta are probably the ones who reserved thier names.

No... I think you're looking too deeply into what I said.

btw, I haven't reserved my name; if it's taken, I simply won't play.

Samhayne
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM

Unfortunately, no. As others have mentioned, Apple does not support betas or host incomplete Apps on their App store or allow limited access. It's either it works and everyone can get it, or it doesn't pass submission. In some respects, that's nice because if you get an App off the Apple App Store, you know it should work all the way. But, on the other hand, it limits developers like us from doing more with Beta activities.

We will have more details soon about the Limited Beta for Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. In the meantime, if you are thinking about reserving your name or getting the HardLight shield, now would be the time to do so.

Lesrider
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
No... I think you're looking too deeply into what I said.

btw, I haven't reserved my name; if it's taken, I simply won't play.

Agreed. I'm a tad peeved that that they didn't give us free name reservations in light of this info. Unless all accounts will be wiped after the beta and everyone will have an equal chance at the name thy want.

Paar
06-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Are they still gonna have PL when B* comes out?

Haikus
06-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Are they still gonna have PL when B* comes out?

Of course, Paar. They will still both be a work in progress. Why would they stop there current money train, just to jump on one not even as big as yet, because they just released it with high hopes that it will be successful? Only time will tell, if it will sale or not.

Lesrider
06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Of course, Paar. They will still both be a work in progress. Why would they stop there current money train, just to jump on one not even as big as yet, because they just released it with high hopes that it will be successful? Only time will tell, if it will sale or not.

Aww you beat me to it :( I wanted to say "Nope, you better play PL as much as possible before they delete it along with all your characters." :p

Otukura
06-23-2011, 09:30 PM
@Les, unquote him, then bribe him to take it down fast :)

Lesrider
06-23-2011, 09:35 PM
@Les, unquote him, then bribe him to take it down fast :)

Lol too devious.

Haikus
06-23-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll take it down. Want me to, Les?:o

Edit: He probably already read my post, but Dev didn't post on the topic, so he might not believe me. Neenerneenerneener. :rolleyes:

Lesrider
06-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Nah it's probably too mean anyway ;)

neko
06-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately, no. As others have mentioned, Apple does not support betas or host incomplete Apps on their App store or allow limited access. It's either it works and everyone can get it, or it doesn't pass submission. In some respects, that's nice because if you get an App off the Apple App Store, you know it should work all the way. But, on the other hand, it limits developers like us from doing more with Beta activities.

We will have more details soon about the Limited Beta for Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. In the meantime, if you are thinking about reserving your name or getting the HardLight shield, now would be the time to do so.

Did anyone else hear that?

Yes, it was my ever so quiet "sigh" of disappointment... :\

Conradin
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Why doesnt sts just relase the app to apple but dont call it a beta and still only allow selected players in? They can make pretty major updates without submitting anything to apple.

Now i know how droid users felt about PL being IOS only for the start

Cascade
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Hehe....I'm glad I have an IPad AND an android phone....and conradin I'm pretty sure Sam said that apple doesn't let people only let certain people to get their app.

Zojak
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM

Ahh darn! Oh well, it will just make me more pumped for the release!

And i've already reserved all 3 of my names! :)

Paar
06-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Whats Jailbroken and how do ya get it?

apocketlegend
06-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Sorry if this sounds noobish bit what is beta?

Paar
06-23-2011, 10:44 PM

Edit: He probably already read my post, but Dev didn't post on the topic, so he might not believe me. Neenerneenerneener. :rolleyes:

Lol Haha Funny Funny Guys Lol:P

AnRK
06-24-2011, 01:41 AM
Considering how much extra/inflated coding has to go into an ios release I'm surprised most devs don't release to android first. For a change those that didn't buy into Apple's hype will get first dibs at something stupendous instead of coming second best. Yeah!!!

DanielRH
06-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Guys, search for dual iboot. Let's you run android on an idevice (but be CAREFUL!) read up on it b4 doing anything!!! This is just an idea for someone who wants android, not responsible!

superglut2
06-24-2011, 02:31 AM
great, so gamevsoon

Redbridge
06-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Sorry if this sounds noobish bit what is beta?

That's not a noob question at all....

Check out this link for a nice simple explanation to the life cycle of any software.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

davidis57
06-24-2011, 05:41 AM
The guys at xda worked how to load android on apple devices. Just Google xda forum.

Acyer
06-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Easy fix get a DROID X2 problem fixed!

Snakespeare
06-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Well, when Snake and Les agree, it has to be significant.

We want to know if the name taken between the start of Beta and the availability to iOS will be wiped, or if the iOS users will just be expected to deal with it.

I need to know this because, I do have a way to deal with it. I have a friend who offered to grab the one unique name I want using his Android device. It is a name I tried to get when I joined a year ago, but it was taken. That player seems to be gone. In fact, I've never seen that player ever. No posts, nothing. So I figure the name should be available on the day of the release... and I want it. :)

But Snakespeare is reserved, of course.

starjaya
06-24-2011, 08:22 AM
coollllll;)

Mkcecil
06-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Sam could we get a estimate on how much longer we gotta wait? I mean I'm sure there is a post with something like this but maybe a update would make me more hopeful :) I feel we haven't had a release update in awhile... I'm sure others would agree :)

Snakespeare
06-24-2011, 10:45 AM
This is so strange. For a week I have been asking the same simple yes/no question and have received no response whatsoever. Either they don't know or they won't tell, but they won't even say that. Which naturally leaves me with only my worries, and the longer I am in that condition, the truer my worries seem to be. But... whatever. Only the devs own the game...

Samhayne
06-24-2011, 10:48 AM
This is so strange. For a week I have been asking the same simple yes/no question and have received no response whatsoever. Either they don't know or they won't tell, but they won't even say that. Which naturally leaves me with only my worries, and the longer I am in that condition, the truer my worries seem to be. But... whatever. Only the devs own the game...

What's your yes/no question, Snakespeare?

Snakespeare
06-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Sam.

It's the same question Les is asking. Does the Beta database get wiped at full release and everyone starts fresh together?

If yes (which I doubt), no problem. If no, then some iOS users who want to try to get names from dead PL accounts will need to find a friend with Android who will use a character slot and hold a name for them. See, names from dead PL accounts are not reservable, and are the most highly desired.

Samhayne
06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks, Sam.

It's the same question Les is asking. Does the Beta database get wiped at full release and everyone starts fresh together?

If yes (which I doubt), no problem. If no, then some iOS users who want to try to get names from dead PL accounts will need to find a friend with Android who will use a character slot and hold a name for them. See, names from dead PL accounts are not reservable, and are the most highly desired.

Just to be clear, we we're not answering this question previously because it wasn't finalized.

The limited beta (details to be posted shortly) will be a soft launch, in that characters will not be wiped. So, yes, if you have access to an Android device that has access to the Limited Beta, you could log in with your Spacetime Account (same that you use to log into Pocket Legends) and create a character to hold your name.

Snakespeare
06-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Aha!!! I was hoping so. Like I said "Either they don't know or they won't tell". You didn't know yet. :-) I had ruled out the third possibility (they don't care) because I know better.

OK, that clinches it. I will either borrow a friend's device or take someone up on his offer to hold the name for me.

THANKS!!!!! It's good to know.