PDA

View Full Version : Clickable Names in Chat

FluffNStuff
06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
This may have been suggested, and if it has, I apologize. I feel that having the names in chat window be clickable to access the persons avatar would solve some of the issues I have had recently in town. The following examples would be ways this would help:

XX Tells you ... | You click XX to respond to the message.

XX is selling some awesome loot | Click XX to message or trade with the person, or ...

XX is selling some awesome loot again | Click XX to add ignore.

This idea spawned from a problem I had yesterday with a friend add. This person was a friend of my other character, but when you add a friend, there is no way to send a little message with it to say who you are. This person was able to message me from the friend pending screen to ask who I was, but as they were in a different area, I was not able to message back.

Anyway, love the game, and thanks for reading.

Avadonna
06-04-2010, 11:42 AM
If you type /tell and the player's name then your message, you should be able to tell them who you are that way.

FluffNStuff
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
If you type /tell and the player's name then your message, you should be able to tell them who you are that way.

Did not know that, THANKS!

edit: Curious as to where you learned that, and if there are other chat commands.

Rebel
06-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I still think that clickable names in chat would be very helpful.

Avadonna
06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
edit: Curious as to where you learned that, and if there are other chat commands.

There was another thread recently about it. I think it was called macros. It was said that you can also do /equip. I haven't tried either macro. I'm sorry I don't remember which forum the macro thread is in.

Avadonna
06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Here it is, I found it.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2689-Macros

Azrael
06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
A /reply feature would be great!