PDA

View Full Version : Cut the Devs some slack.

Ladyshooter
06-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting tired of the various incarnations of posts trying to get a firm release date for Blackstar. Anyone who has an IQ above that of you average Taliban supporter will know that because of the tight controls Apple places of software developers it is almost impossible to give firm dates for even the smallest program or update, let alone a huge release such as Blackstar. Not only do they have to satisfy Apples release critea, but also have in place the required server infrastructure to handle what will probably be a huge initial uptake, across numerous platforms. Unlike when Pocketlegends launched. I for one would rather wait an extra month for a finished, polished product rather than see a rushed bug laden one.

Also remember that we are also still getting regular updates to PL, with another, what looks like huge one coming shortly. Not only giving us 2 new playing areas, but level increases to 61 as well. So let's cut the guys some slack and be thankful that we have a developer who are truly that, and actually developing the product. Not just sitting back like so many others do.

Just my humble opinion

Ladyshooter Lv55~Archer, Sirtilcat Lv50~Mage, Lordtryfan Lv50~Tank

davidis57
06-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Excellent post. The sad news is they will still rant and rave and make stupid posts. To keep myself from going bonkers at the myraid of questions regarding PL and Blackstar I try not to read or comment to those posts. You could tell them a hundred times and they would still ask.

superglut2
06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
relax bro, pl is full of little kids, even the ones on forumare lik 15,16. i was the same this age, its perfeclty normal. they hvent rly got any hobbys yet besides palyimg video games so tjey ask every day for release date.

Orcish
06-24-2011, 03:34 AM
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting tired of the various incarnations of posts trying to get a firm release date for Blackstar. Anyone who has an IQ above that of you average Taliban supporter will know that because of the tight controls Apple places of software developers it is almost impossible to give firm dates for even the smallest program or update, let alone a huge release such as Blackstar. Not only do they have to satisfy Apples release critea, but also have in place the required server infrastructure to handle what will probably be a huge initial uptake, across numerous platforms. Unlike when Pocketlegends launched. I for one would rather wait an extra month for a finished, polished product rather than see a rushed bug laden one.Also remember that we are also still getting regular updates to PL, with another, what looks like huge one coming shortly. Not only giving us 2 new playing areas, but level increases to 61 as well. So let's cut the guys some slack and be thankful that we have a developer who are truly that, and actually developing the product. Not just sitting back like so many others do.Just my humble opinionLadyshooter Lv55~Archer, Sirtilcat Lv50~Mage, Lordtryfan Lv50~TankI 110% agree with you, well said. How many release threads must there be? Anyways good read thx.

ratava
06-24-2011, 04:58 AM
It's always the same, fans can NEVER get enough info. F.A.C.T

That said, I wish the devs would tell us a bit more... <.< !

thugimmortal
06-24-2011, 05:06 AM
I agree with what your saying but making threads like this just invites flame wars.
Im not saying the thread should be closed but be cautious as its a touchy subject.
Btw Welcome to the forum ladyshooter and what an entrance it was lol

Samhayne
06-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey Ladyshooter, welcome to the forums.

Anyone who has an IQ above that of you average Taliban supporter...

Hey now, Taliban supporters are people too! Please refrain from snipes or snarks when presenting your opinion in the future. We like to keep things friendly here on the forums. Locking this thread as a preemptive strike to the inevitable flame war this could roll into.

Thanks for your support!