PDA

View Full Version : Reward for 56's after new level cap?

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 09:49 AM
I've been hearing a lot of rumors about the new level cap. Alot of people say that 61 will be the new 56, and that they are going to drastically reduce the xp it takes to get from 55 to 56. Hearing this I power levelled to 56 as fast as I could with my lvl 55 paladin. About a week, and 300 plat later, I was 56. I did this because space-time loves to reward their dedicated players when they change something that most of those people are unhappy with. Like the shield of gratitude. So I'm thinking if they do lower it, they'll probably give people already 56 some sort of vanity item right?

But is it true they'll lower it?
Has the level cap even been confirmed? ( some people are saying it's just a rumor not fact )
And does anyone else think they'll do a vanity reward/Is there any already existing information on this?

Bobloblaw
06-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, the new cap of 60/61 has been confirmed as have been two new 55+ zones.

Yes, they will lower the amount of xp required to get to 56 (to only ~10% of what it takes currently) and the new elite level will be getting from 60 to 61.

They have not mentioned anything as far as an additional vanity or reward. The current rewards are already more than enough imo: the pleasure of knowing you hit 56 (when it was elite), owning the soon to be discontinued lvl 56 crown of persistence, and having 1 less level to go when they release the new content.

Lesrider
06-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Read the Announcements section...

apocketlegend
06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
What's going to happen to all the lazy Ppl who Wen got to 55 stopped lvling to 56...? Will they get a huge break to 56 with update?

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Yes, the new cap of 60/61 has been confirmed as have been two new 55+ zones.

Yes, they will lower the amount of xp required to get to 56 (to only ~10% of what it takes currently) and the new elite level will be getting from 60 to 61.

They have not mentioned anything as far as an additional vanity or reward. The current rewards are already more than enough imo: the pleasure of knowing you hit 56 (when it was elite), owning the soon to be discontinued lvl 56 crown of persistence, and having 1 less level to go when they release the new content.

I see. Thank you very much. Like you said, the current rewards of already being 56, and having the crown(which I didn't know was going to be discontinued) is also more than enough for me as well. Im just a complete sucker for vanity items. Especially ones only certain(usually elite) players can get. Like the gratitude and hardlight shield. Which is why I wanted to hit 56 so fast, to be sure if they do(which I'm 110% positive now that they will, despite that they haven't said anything yet) that I'll be one of the few lucky people that receive it.

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 10:09 AM
What's going to happen to all the lazy Ppl who Wen got to 55 stopped lvling to 56...? Will they get a huge break to 56 with update?

Yes, they will get a HUGE break to get to 56. Although 56 isn't going to mean much. And for all the people who spent time and plat already getting to 56, they have to be compensated. I spent 300 plat, and if that goes to waste, I'm gonna be pretty upset.

Lesrider
06-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, they will get a HUGE break to get to 56. Although 56 isn't going to mean much. And for all the people who spent time and plat already getting to 56, they have to be compensated. I spent 300 plat, and if that goes to waste, I'm gonna be pretty upset.

Compensated how? Your compensation was the Crown.

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Compensated how? Your compensation was the Crown.

Ok everyone just to clarify, I am NOT complaining. I'm not whining, all I'm saying is Im HOPING for a vanity item reward for all the plat and time I spent getting to 56. Like how they did withthe shield of gratitude and the founders helm. The 56 crown to me is pretty useless(I just wear it outside of dungeons to look cool but if they change it to a vanity item I will be completely satisfied. As of right now all it will do is take away my set bonus). I would be disappointed if I just wasted about 50$ on something if I waited I coulda gotten for free.

I think that's a fair enough thing to hope for right? I'm not asking for a huge change. I'm a huge supporter of Space-time, I paid for the name reservation In blackstar(Even though I don't plan on playin it all that often just yet) just to pay my dues to space-time and show my support and appreciation. Also the shield is cool too. I've spent a huge chunk of change on PL, and I just want to be showed that my contribution and loyalty doesn't go unappreciated is all.

JaytB
06-24-2011, 10:22 AM

Personally, I knew from the start that there would come a time that 56 wouldn't mean much anymore. Also that xp would be cut to 10%. I CHOSE to do it, it was a goal I had set. On top of that, I got a cool vanity item that will soon be discontinued. Ow yes, and I spent lots of plat too (although not too much on elix really).

Didn't you know from the start this was going to go down like this? It has been discussed many times in the past. It just seems a bit unfair to want more than what was promised in the first place. If you didn't like what they had planned , you should've brought that up earlier. I dont remember anyone complained when they announced this the first time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to flame or be offensive in any way here. I'm just trying to express why I don't agree with what you're saying :)

DJMdivine
06-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Your reward was the crown why would you want to ask for more? It will soon be a "discontinued" crown of persistance that no others will soon be able to get. There shouldnt be any ither vanity reward and if that the crown would become vanity.

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Also, since they're apparently going to discontinue the lvl 56 crown, if they made it a vanity item, I would be totally happy. It's one of my favorite items to wear because it looks so cool, and shows other players you mean business. But I can't wear it in dungeons because it takes away my set bonus, and isn't worth wearing in battle.

JaytB
06-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Your reward was the crown why would you want to ask for more? It will soon be a "discontinued" crown of persistance that no others will soon be able to get. There shouldnt be any ither vanity reward and if that the crown would become vanity.

I don't know if I understood you correctly, but that would be cool. I mean, if they'd turn the crown into a vanity item as a reward. This way the original 56's can 'show off' their crown, without breaking their set.

But, as said, I'm perfectly fine with how it is now too :)

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 10:30 AM

I was NOT aware when I made this post that they were discontinuing it. If I knew that I would NOT have even posted this.

So please everyone get off my back. I didn't know any of this, which is why I made this post. I don't think I'm asking for too much. I just want the crown to be a vanity item. And if it wasn't going to be, then a different vanity item would be cool. If they dont do anything at all I wouldn't complain, I'd be disappointed, but I don't think I'm asking for too much.

I'm VERY happy and totally satisfied hearing thatthe crown will be discontinued and made a vanity item. So please everyone, you're misunderstanding where I'm coming from.

Whirlzap
06-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Yeah I want it as vanity.

Lesrider
06-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Ok everyone just to clarify, I am NOT complaining. I'm not whining, all I'm saying is Im HOPING for a vanity item reward for all the plat and time I spent getting to 56. Like how they did withthe shield of gratitude and the founders helm. The 56 crown to me is pretty useless(I just wear it outside of dungeons to look cool but if they change it to a vanity item I will be completely satisfied). I would be disappointed if I just wasted about 50$ on something if I waited I coulda gotten for free.

The vanity vs non-vanity issue of the Crown has been discussed many times. But the deva have never given any sign that they would change it, and you still knew when you worked to 56 what you were getting.

I'm not sure what you're talking about getting for free. The lvl 56 Crown will be discontinued when the lvl cap increase comes, so there will be no way to get it anymore. That was your reward.

Now, imagine if suddenly the devs gave out an unannounced reward for those who got the Crown. How would that be fair to others who didn't grind because the crown wasn't enough of a reward for them? If there was going to be other perks for getting to 56, they should have been announced while everyone had the chance to get it. You shouldn't expect or ask for unannounced perks. You knew what you were working/spending time/plat to get. You made the choice, knowing the reward. The only reason the devs would owe you anything more is if they went back on their word and made the Crown available to all, and not a limited time item. They're not doing that, so you shouldn't expect or even ask for anything more.

CanonicalKoi
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
But I'm not seeing where "compensation" comes into it. It's a game--sure, there are some gifties along the way like the Founders Helm and the Shield of Gratitude, but those are added extras and not a given for doing X or Y. Surprise items like those are fun, but they wouldn't be fun if every week something else was handed out for silly reasons. For obtaining level 56, you have the Crown of Persistence, an item that will be discontinued and impossible for anyone to get after the cap is raised and no one will be getting it for free or otherwise. That's pretty styling right there and great bragging rights material. You may have made new friends or found a crew that you really enjoy running with--an added bonus for making the run to 56.

As far as being compensated for plat spent, well, that was your choice to spend it. Your compensation was the value received in entertainment and a Crown of Persistence. To put it another way, if you'd sunk that $50 into going to the movies, at local matinee prices ($6), you would've seen a little over 8 movies. Assuming those movies to be a full 2 hours, you'd have gotten roughly 16-17 hours of entertainment at $3 an hour. And you walk away from the theatre slightly woozy from popcorn overload, but nothing to show for it then having been entertained. My guess would be that you played more than that. Hey! Cheap entertainment. :)

Rhudien
06-24-2011, 10:41 AM
The vanity vs non-vanity issue of the Crown has been discussed many times. But the deva have never given any sign that they would change it, and you still knew when you worked to 56 what you were getting.

I'm not sure what you're talking about getting for free. The lvl 56 Crown will be discontinued when the lvl cap increase comes, so there will be no way to get it anymore. That was your reward.

Now, imagine if suddenly the devs gave out an unannounced reward for those who got the Crown. How would that be fair to others who didn't grind because the crown wasn't enough of a reward for them? If there was going to be other perks for getting to 56, they should have been announced while everyone had the chance to get it. You shouldn't expect or ask for unannounced perks. You knew what you were working/spending time/plat to get. You made the choice, knowing the reward. The only reason the devs would owe you anything more is if they went back on their word and made the Crown available to all, and not a limited time item. They're not doing that, so you shouldn't expect or even ask for anything more.

Ok I don't know how many times I have to say this but,

I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE DISCONTINUING THE CROWN AND I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THAT.

End of story, that's why I made this post, NOT to ask for free stuff and complaint about not getting it, but to see what was going on.

JaytB
06-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok I don't know how many times I have to say this but,

I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE DISCONTINUING THE CROWN AND I AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THAT.

End of story, that's why I made this post, NOT to ask for free stuff and complaint about not getting it, but to see what was going on.

Anyway, it seems like we all happy then. So, I think this would be in pace here now: :banana: