PDA

View Full Version : My new idea -- Opinions?

Pharcyde
06-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, so I just randomly thought of an epic idea for a new dungeon. I wanted to get the communities opinion on the idea. Just so I don't go and do a ton of work for it to be rejected by the community :p.

So, my idea for a new dungeon would be a metallic dungeon.

Example of enchantress mob:

http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab276/brandonb3/GlassEnchantress.jpg

This is kind of running into Sandstone Caves and Rocks and Mineral Sets etx.?

The story behind it would be that a new evil is rising in Alterra. The goop is controlled by a mystery creature, found in a dungeon unlocked at level 66 (Elite). He/she/it is controlling the magic goop. The goop "consumes" innocent citizens around alterra, and they are converted, and possessed into evil Gaussiac Minions. It's up to us to destroy the mystery creature to save the spirits of the possessed. This dungeon would also introduce the first mini-game in the game, "Goop Control". Basically, it's a small, circular dungeon. There will be a very large mass of goop swarming about the map. Five players will be placed randomly around the map on the start. The players have to run from the goop, while fighting respawning mobs around the map. Bosses will spawn every so often, their attack would be much higher, as well as item drop rates. When a player gets absorbed into the goop, they will be converted to a powerful Gaussiac minion that they control. Their goal will be to attack other players. There will be two types of points. Survivor points and Berserker points. There will be special armors and vanity items that you can trade points for. Or special ranks, and achievements. There will be different types of rewards for the two points.

Dungeon Level 61-66.
Mini Game Goop Control
Special ELITE map unlocked at level 66
.....- Holds all Bosses of dungeon series, and one special mega-boss that appears after all bosses are cleared
Due to "goop" design, allows flexibility of goop abilities. Such as surprise special attacks on bosses.
First dungeon series that has more than one tier 1 gears
.....- Special Elite Level 66 gear dropped by mystery mega boss in elite map.

Ayc2000
06-24-2011, 04:32 PM
hehe, that would be awesome, but looks like they would have amazing armor, so it would be like an elite dungeon?

Whirlzap
06-24-2011, 04:33 PM

Ayc2000
06-24-2011, 04:36 PM
it has a lot in common with other elite dungeons, rocks-sandstone cave, ice-frozen nightmare, and .....shadow caves, idk... :o

Whirlzap
06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
We haven't had anything to do with water..
We must have new dungeons:
1. Planet X- Finish off the Galactic Overlord's cronies and defeat the evil Pallarax from Green Lantern!!!!!!
2. Volcanirix- In the mists of Alterra looms an unforgettable volcano, where a dragon who once had the secref identity as the Elf Queen's Pet rests.
(Dont forget about the main storyline....)
3. Askenfall- Undead World!!
4. Kyronics- Ancient Undrrwater City!, help Fallen Princes little bro earn back his crown from Evil Neptunotron'

Hows dat for randOmmm

Ayc2000
06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
We haven't had anything to do with water..
We must have new dungeons:
1. Planet X- Finish off the Galactic Overlord's cronies and defeat the evil Pallarax from Green Lantern!!!!!!
omg i love that! have you seen green lantern btw?
2. Volcanirix- In the mists of Alterra looms an unforgettable volcano, where a dragon who once had the secret identity as the Elf Queen's Pet rests.
after you defeat the dragon, that's where you can get your own pet :)
(Dont forget about the main storyline....)
3. Askenfall- Undead World!!
4. Kyronics- Ancient Undrrwater City!, help Fallen Princes little bro earn back his crown from Evil Neptunotron'
neptunotron wounds like robot-y, so that would be cool
Hows dat for randOmmm
yep very random xD
my comments in blue

Pharcyde
06-24-2011, 04:49 PM

No, it's like a magical goop. The story behind it would be that a new evil is rising in Alterra. The goop is controlled by a mystery creature, found in a dungeon unlocked at level 66 (Elite). He/she/it is controlling the magic goop. The goop "consumes" innocent citizens around alterra, and they are converted, and possessed into evil Gaussiac Minions. It's up to us to destroy the mystery creature to save the spirits of the possessed. This dungeon would also introduce the first mini-game in the game, "Goop Control". Basically, it's a small, circular dungeon. There will be a very large mass of goop swarming about the map. Five players will be placed randomly around the map on the start. The players have to run from the goop, while fighting respawning mobs around the map. Bosses will spawn every so often, their attack would be much higher, as well as item drop rates. When a player gets absorbed into the goop, they will be converted to a powerful Gaussiac minion that they control. Their goal will be to attack other players. There will be two types of points. Survivor points and Berserker points. There will be special armors and vanity items that you can trade points for. Or special ranks, and achievements. There will be different types of rewards for the two points.

Ayc2000
06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
No, it's like a magical goop. The story behind it would be that a new evil is rising in Alterra. The goop is controlled by a mystery creature, found in a dungeon unlocked at level 66 (Elite). He/she/it is controlling the magic goop. The goop "consumes" innocent citizens around alterra, and they are converted, and possessed into evil Gaussiac Minions. It's up to us to destroy the mystery creature to save the spirits of the possessed. This dungeon would also introduce the first mini-game in the game, "Goop Control". Basically, it's a small, circular dungeon. There will be a very large mass of goop swarming about the map. Five players will be placed randomly around the map on the start. The players have to run from the goop, while fighting respawning mobs around the map. Bosses will spawn every so often, their attack would be much higher, as well as item drop rates. When a player gets absorbed into the goop, they will be converted to a powerful Gaussiac minion that they control. Their goal will be to attack other players. There will be two types of points. Survivor points and Berserker points. There will be special armors and vanity items that you can trade points for. Or special ranks, and achievements. There will be different types of rewards for the two points.
woah, i like that, a mini game, cool
gaussiac- also a cool name
if you get absorbed though and get to attack others, then wouldn't everyone try to get absorbed, or is that what survivabilaty points are for? are they points you get for staying alive and not turning into a minion?
when you are a minion, can the mobs and bosses still attack you or are they your allies?
overall, an awesome idea :) hope this is seen by a dev :)

Pharcyde
06-24-2011, 05:00 PM
woah, i like that, a mini game, cool
gaussiac- also a cool name
if you get absorbed though and get to attack others, then wouldn't everyone try to get absorbed, or is that what survivabilaty points are for? are they points you get for staying alive and not turning into a minion?
when you are a minion, can the mobs and bosses still attack you or are they your allies?
overall, an awesome idea :) hope this is seen by a dev :)

You would be awarded one survivor point for each boss you kill. Bosses spawn every 5 minutes.
Berserker points are awarded for each player you kill. Players killed can respawn as normal. Only players who are absorbed cannot respawn without goop.
Why not both? :) It adds more flexibility to the game. Just add a option for teams or Minion FFA.
I will make a more organized suggestion, with more details, and plead my case to the developers. Just want community opinion first. Thats what matters most.

Ayc2000
06-24-2011, 05:14 PM
You would be awarded one survivor point for each boss you kill. Bosses spawn every 5 minutes.
Berserker points are awarded for each player you kill. Players killed can respawn as normal. Only players who are absorbed cannot respawn without goop.
Why not both? :) It adds more flexibility to the game. Just add a option for teams or Minion FFA.
I will make a more organized suggestion, with more details, and plead my case to the developers. Just want community opinion first. Thats what matters most.

Oh, ok.
Thanks for answering my questions :) I'm sure the community will support this idea.

Register
06-24-2011, 05:34 PM
i like the idea especially the idea of mini games. If there were mini games, points should be awarded and those points can be redeemed for special vanity stuff or mini game stat boosting equipment.

ChrisFI
06-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Great Idea(:
The minigame idea would be kinda fun but that should be a separate payment of platinum coins. Just like pvp it would be separated from dungeons and instead a game to host.

Pharcyde
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Great Idea(:
The minigame idea would be kinda fun but that should be a separate payment of platinum coins. Just like pvp it would be separated from dungeons and instead a game to host.

Yeah maybe.

Whirlzap
06-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Yay my post got quoted.
Also Pharcyde,
I thought, "STS should really hire you for PL," after reading the first sentence , tl:dr.

Whirlzap
06-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Sorry for saying this, but isnt there animated magic goop in catacombs? Whole quest chain on it?

Orcish
06-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Very cool idea but people would manipulate the game. Everything else is a fine idea.

Silentarrow
06-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Looks cool to me, but instead of goop how about people made of crystals?

Pharcyde
06-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry for saying this, but isnt there animated magic goop in catacombs? Whole quest chain on it?

Kinda, The goop was just off the top of my head. I am still refining my idea and will make a much more organized post. I might name it like Mysterious Essence, or something like that. Not sure yet.

Very cool idea but people would manipulate the game. Everything else is a fine idea.

The mini game? That's why we have to make it fail proof.

Looks cool to me, but instead of goop how about people made of crystals?

Yeah sounds good, but thats way too much along the same lines as sandstone cave and sewers. Magical rocks and gem armor.

Slush
06-25-2011, 02:30 AM
I remember the devs saying aaages ago that they have all the maps from 1-100 planned out. But a great idea nevertheless!