PDA

View Full Version : Need Clarification: Is Elite Jarl a BOSS or NOT?

TuMadreee
01-28-2016, 05:53 PM
Been killing elite jarl over and over for almost two hours now, and i get no notifications after killing elite mobs/bosses so i have absolutely no idea of my boss kills left towards the achievement. To me it does seem that Jarl is considered an elite boss towards the achievent: He drops Elite chests and spawns after a certain number of mobs are killed.

But seriously, anyone know if he does count as a boss kill? Don't want to waste any more of my time farming Elite Brackenridge.

Jazzi
01-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Normal Jarl is most certainly not a boss. It would be logical if elite Jarl is not a boss either. But who knows ;)

I wouldn't risk it if I were u, even though elite killing elite jarl would take u less than 2 hours

Fyrce
01-28-2016, 06:08 PM
I think along the same lines as Jazzi. An AP progress check, in the AP section, or an AP npc, would be nice though.

TuMadreee
01-28-2016, 06:09 PM
Normal Jarl is most certainly not a boss. It would be logical if elite Jarl is not a boss either. But who knows ;)

I wouldn't risk it if I were u, even though elite killing elite jarl would take u less than 2 hours

Been hearing that from a lot of people I've asked! Waiting on clarification from a dev

TuMadreee
01-28-2016, 06:20 PM
It would be nice if Jarl were considered a boss in Elite.

Dragoonclaws
01-28-2016, 06:31 PM

I think we have an answer

Gouiwaa9000
01-29-2016, 02:18 PM
If you are going for new aps , then yes he counts . You can see a small yellow star "flying" towards your character icon once you kill him , which means it got counted in towards the progress of the archivment

Jexetta
01-29-2016, 02:47 PM
If you are going for new aps , then yes he counts . You can see a small yellow star "flying" towards your character icon once you kill him , which means it got counted in towards the progress of the archivment

Thanks for clarifying that Gou. Because the explanation from the developer in red above your post wasn't clear enough when he stated that "Jarl is a mini boss and counts towards your mob kills and not the boss achiement"

When there is a clear answer posted I'm not sure why people try to muck it up with nebulous and ambiguous responses. To clarify :

Jarl = Mini boss = counts towards mob achievement but NOT boss achievement.

This was verified per the ss above by dragoonclaws.

Dex_addict
01-29-2016, 02:48 PM

Yes but the star signifies that he is added to the "mobs" killed not the bosses. I believe that is what Drag has pointed out in the post above yours anyways :)

Xorrior
01-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Jarl has been downgraded by STS, he is a mini boss (like the shaman and the ogre guarding the egg), therefore loss of boss status. His kills are recorded on mob kills and not boss kills.

So basically if there ever is a quest or AP to kill a boss, you don't go to him.

Teh Zhi Hong
01-29-2016, 10:51 PM
Can confirm Jarl is NOT a boss. Done elite bracken(killing Thunk which IS the boss) for 4hrs+ to get the 5k kills and 100 boss AP.

nightmaresmoke
01-30-2016, 01:25 AM
It would be nice if the star notificator for killing bosses and mobs is different, yellow for mobs and red or blue for bosses. :)