PDA

View Full Version : Throwing away plat(real money)

Savagekantus
01-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Hello all,

Im a first time plat buyer and im really discontent how its been going to waste. Let me explain. I bought 1700 plat, during plat sale and i was really excited! I opened a few locks and the end result was a bust, leaving me broke with enormous amount of plat, that cant really be spent the way I want. So my decision/intention was to save the plat i had left , farm more locks, and wait for new arcane weapons to be released to open a few more locks. Since the new update I have been farming elite Bracken and Ydra for the new Achievement points, the way you guys have set up a 35 plat combo elixir under the maps have led me to buy combo elixirs on two different occasions, when i dont intend on buying it. There is no confirmation button or anything to prevent this and that is my issue. Im sure it is bound to happen again and im positive many people have this issue too, as well as the other elixirs thats cost 4+ plat. If guys can reimburse or reslove this issue I will be more than satisfied. If you guys wanna share anything, you are more than welcome to.

Thank you for your time
Savagedrone

nightmaresmoke
01-30-2016, 12:49 PM
It's your choice for opening those locks not others so it's your responsibility, it's a gamble by opening them you might get something good or not you will get lucky eventually the only question is when :)

XxpuretankxX
01-30-2016, 01:14 PM
u can buy luck elixer for 40 plat each and sell in auction, with 1700plat u can make up to 7-8m

erikdg
01-30-2016, 01:19 PM
Go to game options and check if plat buy confirmation is on

Happykitty
01-30-2016, 01:53 PM
It's your choice for opening those locks not others so it's your responsibility, it's a gamble by opening them you might get something good or not you will get lucky eventually the only question is when :)

This thread wasnt complain about opening rengols, its about missclicking to purschase combo elixir with plat when join elite maps.

Zylx
01-30-2016, 02:13 PM
There should be an option to remove the elixir tab from the in-game hud. Cuz i also have accidentally bought speed elixirs and such when i didnt really need them

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Happykitty
01-30-2016, 02:18 PM
This is what Savagedrone meant with this thread !

UnnamedGuy
01-30-2016, 02:19 PM
there is a "Confirm Platinum Purchase" option to activate in game options. So you won't spend your plats by mistake. :banana:

Nickleo
01-30-2016, 03:09 PM
I have lost a lot of plats with this way and its really annoying as I do offers to open at least 1 locked...I would love if they make a change about this.For example they could make this:Are you sure you want to purchase this elixir?
P.S. I am not just mentioning in the above picture but jenerally.The button at the center of the screen to be specific which contains different elixirs

Fyrce
01-30-2016, 03:14 PM
I love plat confirmation. I love egg opening confirmation!

I also have purchased elixirs accidentally before though not in a long time. Check the plat confirmation button and email sts support for a refund.

Eskaygee
01-30-2016, 04:14 PM
there is a "Confirm Platinum Purchase" option to activate in game options. So you won't spend your plats by mistake. :banana:

Yes Sav, as Unnamed Guy stated there is an option in the game setting that you can activate. I didn't know about this until recently when I made the same mistake of accidentally purchasing a combo elixr when switching maps to hunt fangs. If you email STS's Support team (support@spacetimestudios.com) they should (as they did for me) reimburse you for your platinum the first time this happens. I did find out however that the confirm platinum purchases option does work for all elixrs but doesn't work for opening locks. Say you misclick and accidentally open a crate/lock there will not be a confirmation option and you will lose 5-15 plat. I personally believe there should be a confirmation after pressing open as they do for eggs. Just some thoughts. Shoot the support team an email Sav, best of luck. (:

Dragoonclaws
01-30-2016, 06:06 PM
This is what Savagedrone meant with this thread !

Em that button was meant to be there. You're just confirming that the button point is very effective. It's marketing :) They want to sell their platinums. People often forget (or just don't know) that the game is there for STS to make money, so they can pay the workers and live. If you want to save your platinums, control yourself and spend it wisely.

I do agree on the confirmation button, it must be always there even if the players always spend platinums and it's annoying.

Happykitty
01-30-2016, 08:53 PM
Em that button was meant to be there. You're just confirming that the button point is very effective. It's marketing :) They want to sell their platinums. People often forget (or just don't know) that the game is there for STS to make money, so they can pay the workers and live. If you want to save your platinums, control yourself and spend it wisely.

I do agree on the confirmation button, it must be always there even if the players always spend platinums and it's annoying.

Yes ik, just clarified what this thread was about bcoz ppl tought this was complaining thread about opening rengols:victorious::stupid:

Vvildfire
01-31-2016, 02:30 AM

With the confirmation option on, I still accidentally opened 3 Watch locks when I didn't mean to and wasted 45 plat (could have gotten almost 200k with those through other means). They should add confirmation to that too, those who do open locks can just untick the confirmation option. I put a legendary egg on each toon so that whenever it opens the inventory, at worst I'd just accidentally open a 1k egg. Now they added the confirmation button for Eggs too! And, as far as I know, still not for locks!

Edit: *pout* I didn't realize Eskaygee had already pointed it out, but at least I'm not the only on who did it >.<

Lopezman
01-31-2016, 04:54 AM
This thread wasnt complain about opening rengols, its about missclicking to purschase combo elixir with plat when join elite maps.

Then dont talk about the lock experience lolol

Vvildfire
01-31-2016, 08:19 AM
Then dont talk about the lock experience lolol

Wellll the title says "Throwing away plat (real money)" so I wouldn't say it's about combo elix specifically. It is (should be) about accidentally spending plat when you don't mean to, thus wasting plat.

scarysmerf
01-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Ajust your settings to plat confirm and also opening a few locks isnt the best way to do things I open like 250 locks and I find mythics or arcane quite alot its all about how lucky u are and I dont open during red ping I get junk when I have red ping.

Edward Coug
01-31-2016, 02:03 PM
The elixir button in the middle button in the middle of the screen was not a wise business decision. I tried to get a few of my friends into the game, but they were immediately turned off when I explained to them what it was, and frankly, I can't blame them. It's amazing that they would put in a cash grab button that interferes with gameplay.

The combo elixir button is only slightly less obtrusive.

Candylicks
01-31-2016, 05:29 PM
I would send email to support@spacetimestudios.com

They should take care of you mate.

Also, as stated adjust your settings so there is a confirm when you use plat to purchase items.

Dex_addict
02-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Yep, I agree it is annoying purchasing an elixir with plat by accident, I have done this before also! Glad to know I'm not the only one lol!

Remiem
02-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Hiya! Thanks to those of you have have already leaped in with some great solutions. Just to re-iterated, definitely turn on that Purchase Confirmation option in the Options. It's the best way to prevent accidental plat spend. THEN, contact support. Often times they can help you out with these things. That doesn't mean "spend your plat all willy nilly," but most times we can help fix honest mistakes.