PDA

View Full Version : The Last Airbender Movie

Violentsaint
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
anyone else super exited for the movie? ive been a fan of the cartoon for years, im guessing the movie wont be as funny as the cartoon but im not gonna hate on it before its even out.

heres the final japenese trailer, i chose to post this one as its accualy the longest trailer and focuses more on the art and drama of the movie instead of the english ones wich all seem to focus on draging americans into thinking its just a cool action movie, theres english parts in the trailer aswell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D6jFvIDTVY

i dont really agree with the cast, a kid thats never acted before is playing Aang, sokka is played by that dude from twilight, and for some reason zuko is indian?

it will be nowere near as good as the cartoon but it still looks like one of the best movies of the year, judging by the trailers.

anyone else watched the cartoons or going to see the movie in july

EDIT: found the ultimate trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7XyGs8xmhs

a fan mixed all the trailers into one, and did an exelent job!

Rebel
06-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I occasionally watched the show. The effects and visual graphics for the movie don't seem very bad, but I think that the acting is just going to ruin it. IMO, it is definitely a rental.

Aerospacegod
06-04-2010, 10:10 PM
First movie I'd like to see in 3d =)

Arjun
06-04-2010, 11:35 PM
thank you thank you. . . .am off to watch the trailers you posted. . . . oi u thinks they r gonna make a couple of iphone/pod/pad games to come out with this . . . fingers crossed. . . avatar i means. . . toes crossed. . . wht abt a legendesque (sp!?!) type . . . where we can walks around bending and such. . .but wht wld we be looting?? Ach. . .nevermind. . .trailer-tyme. . . droollllll. . . .

p.s. . . am confused abt the whole zuko being an indian dude as well. . .everybody knw's us indian's is earthbenders. . .not evil fierbenders. . . ..earth i tellz ya. . .. earth.

Violentsaint
06-05-2010, 02:41 AM
when i watched the ultimate trailer i was like, wow, id go see the movie just to watch the scenes in the trailer in 3D, thats how good the movie looks.

im gonna book premiere tickets online so i can watch it the day its out, and ill get to choose teh best seats in the cinema =D

comeon iphone game ^^ (or wii game, i wanna do some fire bending) =D

Violentsaint
06-05-2010, 03:50 AM
oh yea there making a wii game

http://thq.com/us/game/show/5799/The%20Last%20Airbender

ima gonna firebend some fools ^^

Rebel
06-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Just watched the fan-made trailer, and it shows a lot more scenes. I guess I take back my first post. I'll go see it in theaters, but I'm still unsure about the acting.

Pleasure_Pirate
06-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Looks like a good plot.. However, the acting for this type of movie can become very cheesy. Let's hope it isn't, because this has the potential to be an awesome movie.

Violentsaint
06-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Yer I don't know any of the acters, which makes me worry, I hope the acting is decent enough to draw me into the story, i hope the movie isn't just eye candy like James camerons Avatar

Rebel
06-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Yer I don't know any of the acters, which makes me worry, I hope the acting is decent enough to draw me into the story, i hope the movie isn't just eye candy like James camerons Avatar

IMO, Avatar was a great movie. I'm really big into cool plots, and the graphics of the movie were amazing.

Violentsaint
06-06-2010, 06:46 AM
avatar had a pretty good plot, i just think it was overshadowed by the visuals thats all

Violentsaint
06-13-2010, 04:51 AM
just thought id bump this thread as im really pumped for this movie and hopefully other people on forums are 2!

Away
06-13-2010, 08:00 AM
I only ever watch the show when i eat breakfast, and with the few episodes i've watched, it seems pretty decent; but let's all remember the dragonball movie was a disaster...

KingFu
06-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Watched the cartoons, haven't seen em in a while, I might go see it for kicks and special effect. The kid looks like a crappy actor though :/

Arjun
06-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Hey violentsaint. . .check out the link to this app and lemme knw wht ya think. . . .am not too sure about it myself but it beat's waiting around. Besides. . . am saving my purchasing-power for mo plat. . . so.

is called - Element Bender. . .

http://pendulumproductions.net/ElementBender/

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Hey violentsaint. . .check out the link to this app and lemme knw wht ya think. . . .am not too sure about it myself but it beat's waiting around. Besides. . . am saving my purchasing-power for mo plat. . . so.

is called - Element Bender. . .

http://pendulumproductions.net/ElementBender/

checked out the link, its $2.50 and i just spent $30 on plat, so i wont bother geting it.

looks alright tho

im hoping they get gameloft of someone to do an offical last airbender game for the touch devices, im gonna buy the game for the wii when it comes out, i kinda feel bad for my wii, i traded in all my wii games to get discounts on 360 games, and its just kinda been gathering dust ever since.

last airbender for wii has co-op, so i think it would be fun to play with mates :P

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 04:44 AM
OMG AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER MMO WITH PVP!!! www.avatarlegends.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPEyV4M2lQ0&feature=related

this looks freaking awesome, any way this could be played on mac?

P.S ITS FREE!

Elfche
06-17-2010, 05:08 AM
that's sexy

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 07:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-8z5wS36V0

game for wii coming out end of july (hoping they release on xbox when project natal is out)

ima gonna get it, you play from zuko's perspective, so ill get to firebend some mofo's, plus its got co-op aswell!

Sayishere
06-17-2010, 08:22 AM
after looking at some of those fight scenes, the god damn dragon ball fail movie should of taken a page out of this movies book lol

Arjun
06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Violentsaint. . .you'r my hero. . . .tried the link to the MMO thingie. . . .no dice . . . on a mac. Why can't spacetime license it. . .Last Airbender fo de iphone. Is it too late? U wld think M.Night be lurking somewhere in Alrerra. . . selling purps. . .. .or his kid's atleast (wot done convinced him to take on this project in the first place and to haf begun with). He's gotta be able to see how right they (spacetime) got it. Aah well.. . wishful thinking. . . as much as is the whole PL on Wii.

Count me in on co-op. Am in a permanent Avatar State. Or is gonna be at any-rate. Cheats.

Violentsaint
06-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Violentsaint. . .you'r my hero. . . .tried the link to the MMO thingie. . . .no dice . . . on a mac. Why can't spacetime license it. . .Last Airbender fo de iphone. Is it too late? U wld think M.Night be lurking somewhere in Alrerra. . . selling purps. . .. .or his kid's atleast (wot done convinced him to take on this project in the first place and to haf begun with). He's gotta be able to see how right they (spacetime) got it. Aah well.. . wishful thinking. . . as much as is the whole PL on Wii.

Count me in on co-op. Am in a permanent Avatar State. Or is gonna be at any-rate. Cheats.

man i really wanna play that mmo, i looked at some other videos of it and you can completely customise the look of your character, you dont have to play as characters from the series, you can make your own bender!

*watches video and mashes keyboard pretending to play*

Violentsaint
07-01-2010, 09:04 AM
hey has anyone seen the movie yet? is it any good?

also if you search the last airbender in app store theres a game, only available in US store tho, i have king richie to thank for leting me use his US account so i could download it.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FAirbenderiPhoneApp&h=96ed2MxKalNpVrHvsh9SbN1Xh8w

im gonna go play it, ive only got light version tho... il let ya know if its good

alos downloaded element bender lite, thanks arjun for tellin me bout it, im gonna try it now also.

FluffNStuff
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Just read a review that it is "Worse then Jonah Hex" That's cold, just cold.

flaimdude
07-01-2010, 03:29 PM
It got 7% on Rotten Tomatoes. XD I knew it was gonna tank, I didn't know it was gonna tank THAT bad. XD

Violentsaint
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
lets keep in mind guys that most critics probly havnt even watch the tv series and arnt fans, and critics look at movies from a competely different angle to what a fan would.

i will leave the judging to myself when i see it. im a die hard fan... so im either gonna love it or hate it, guess only time will tell

also i played both of the games

element bender is meh...

the official last airbender app is accualy pretty fun. you draw a line with your finger to sheild your base, then chose a heavy or light attack. spin your finger until its ready to cast then you tilt the screen left or right to move your attack to pick up powerups and avoid opstacles and when u get to the enemys base you either blow a hole in their sheild or try and find a gap in there sheild or tilt your screen left and right and send your attack through any gap in the sheild and reak havoic on the enemys base.

simple yet fun.

Violentsaint
07-13-2010, 07:54 AM
im gonna go see the movie tomorro, ill let u guys know if its good

Nouda
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
i saw it yesterday and didnt think it was that bad. yea some of the acting sucked But they pretty much followednthe story line of the cartoon. theonly problem is it was way to short.

ratava
07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
avatar had a pretty good plot, i just think it was overshadowed by the visuals thats all

That's a good point of view. I could not say it better. Actually, I love Mythic stories eg world tales and folk tales and myths etc. I found a lot of good things in the Avatar story, personally.

Inception is next on my list of movies. A lot of movies I find depend a lot on your expectations being high/low. So I know zip about this one and will wait and find out is the best way to see a movie I find. Unfortunately for remakes, sequels or unoriginal rehashes that is not an option!

KingFu
07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
It got 7% on Rotten Tomatoes. XD I knew it was gonna tank, I didn't know it was gonna tank THAT bad. XD

Correction, 8%. He is planning on making a second and third to cover the other 2 seasons....

Jstizar
07-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Correction, 8%. He is planning on making a second and third to cover the other 2 seasons....

I know he was planning on it but I really don't think he is seeing how badly this one tanked. It made almost no money, I checked on IMDB how much but I don't remember and am way too lazy to check again. He already ruined book 1, there is no reason to ruin book 2 and especially book 3, my favorite.

KingFu
07-14-2010, 12:51 AM
I know he was planning on it but I really don't think he is seeing how badly this one tanked. It made almost no money, I checked on IMDB how much but I don't remember and am way too lazy to check again. He already ruined book 1, there is no reason to ruin book 2 and especially book 3, my favorite.

It is one of the lowest box-office records ever.