PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, Power-Cycles! [I Hope...]

Ephemeris
06-25-2011, 10:35 PM
As a few of you know, I have been battling unpredictable (and, needless to say, extremely frustrating) power-cycle issues on my two means of playing PL (both phones) since day one. I was able to play for upwards of two hours, free of any power-cycles, on good days; however, I also experienced days where I'd encounter back-to-back-to-back power-cycles. Well, today was the final straw: My phone power-cycled on me while three-manning my dear friend, Mr. Shadow Demon, with a sliver of health left. I got back in-game as quickly as possible only to learn that my two group mates wiped as a result of my unexpected departure (I'm certain that the Shadow Demon in question had a Creepy Doll of Shadows stuck in his craw, too -- this is always the case given the circumstances, right?). At any rate, I decided to treat myself to a [so far, so good] early birthday present which may double as a fix to my power-cycle woes: A Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Quoting Bubb Rubb for the occasion, "The whistles go WOO!"

It is definitely a bit of an adjustment to go from a traditional phone screen to a tablet with a 10.1" screen, but -- dang -- what a difference! Are any of you playing PL on this particular flavor of tablet? If so, have you had any trouble with it thus far?

To the various people that have been affected by my ridiculous number of untimely in-game exits to date, I do apologize. Hopefully today is a new dawn in terms of my ability not to bail on you at the worst possible times. :)

Kind Regards,
-E

Arterra
06-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I switched from a itouch to a Nook, maybe 2/3 the size of a ipad, and half or less the weight. Never looking back xD

On a side note,get used to typos unless you are good at balancing on your lap, and no keyboard ridges. When posting on forums, I use portrait to type. Smaller screens and buttons are somehow easier...

Conradin
06-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Art, how much did you get a nook for- i want one.

Arterra
06-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Art, how much did you get a nook for- i want one.

Consider this: ipad (wifi) $500, NookColor (wifi) $300
Requires rooting to get full android, but that's just a few downloads and a little research.

Conradin
06-25-2011, 11:26 PM
HMm i dont have 300 bucks to spare (well i do but im buying some parts for my longboard) so ill try to get a used one.

Arterra
06-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Ithink it is the cheapest tablet option available...definetly not Samsung galaxy quality, but can play pl perfectly so must have some power.

Ephemeris
06-26-2011, 12:10 AM
There's always a balance to be had. :)