PDA

View Full Version : so what is verizon

Corpser
06-26-2011, 04:10 AM
think thats how its spelt. the devs keep mentioning it and im really confused as to what it is ad how it works.

(also can you get verizon on a sony xperia play)

just curous cause im looking into getting an android phone (im so sick of apple)

another thing on an android do they have gift cards cause i dont have a credit card.

Thank you for any help
id appreciate link to

-sincerly

Corpser.

KingFu
06-26-2011, 04:20 AM
Verizon is an American cell phone company that provides service for some android devices such as the Xperia play, Droid X, and many more.

http://www.verizonwireless.com

Corpser
06-26-2011, 05:35 AM
okay cool thanks for that now um does it come installed on xperia play or something.

also does it work in australia?

thanks for the reply btw

RedRyder
06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
You install it yourself. There aren't gift cards, I'm sure it goes to your phone bill.
Google is your best bet for instant answers

Arterra
06-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Verizon is a data network for making phone calls and internet connection. Similar to at&t, sprint, T-Mobile,etc.
You can't just install it. Need to make a contract with them and use a phone they have support for.

WJJ
06-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Verizon is capping data usage @ 2gb and charging out the ___ for anything more. If Verizon is the only provider that offers the xplay, they may not sell as well as once hoped.

Ebalere
06-27-2011, 04:48 PM
2gb is PLENTY for this game anyway, i have a gig plan and i use pl for hours each day, on 4g, with my girlfriend piggybacking off my phones wifi hotspot on her ipod touch, and ive only hit 800Mb before. I cant see anyone going over as some days i hit 12 hours of play time with my gf on too.

thugimmortal
06-27-2011, 06:32 PM
think thats how its spelt. the devs keep mentioning it and im really confused as to what it is ad how it works.

(also can you get verizon on a sony xperia play)

just curous cause im looking into getting an android phone (im so sick of apple)

another thing on an android do they have gift cards cause i dont have a credit card.

Thank you for any help
id appreciate link to

-sincerly

Corpser.

Theres no android gift cards and theres no way of getting a paid app from the android market without a credit card. I cant say about the verizon app market. but if its platinum you worried about getting google IAP is coming soon ;)

Sent from my GT540 using Tapatalk

Corpser
06-27-2011, 06:45 PM
so verizon is an app market?

if it is does it have all the apps (or at least most) of the games in other android markets.

and @wjj what do you mean capped usage does that mean i can only get 2g worth of games before i have to pay or is it 3g???

im such an android noob lol

Sigkill
06-27-2011, 06:54 PM
so verizon is an app market?

if it is does it have all the apps (or at least most) of the games in other android markets.

and @wjj what do you mean capped usage does that mean i can only get 2g worth of games before i have to pay or is it 3g???

im such an android noob lol

NO, Verizon is a cell phone company lmao, In Europe it would be similar to Orange, In America it would be similar to other phone companies like T-mobile, ATT, Sprint etc...

noobmigo
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Psst. These guys are TRIPPING!

Verizon is ACTUALLY a kind of PIZZA found exclusively in Death Valley, CA.
What they mean by V CAST, is that if you watch the Death Valley, CA FORE cast, you will receive a chance to be in the Beta.

Nah, tripping. Sig is CORRECTUMUNDO.

thugimmortal
06-27-2011, 07:13 PM
NO, Verizon is a cell phone company lmao, In Europe it would be similar to Orange, In America it would be similar to other phone companies like T-mobile, ATT, Sprint etc...

And V cast is Verizons app market or android market addon of verizon approved apps.

Arterra
06-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Wow lol completely forgot about listing examples of cellphone carriers that are non.us...