PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it?

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 07:36 PM
First of all this isn't rant or flaming thread. But for serious, why all lower level characters put themselves into higherlevel games and dungeons?

It doesn't make sense because of...

1. They slowdown
2. Doesn't usually help group a lot
3. They are way too weak into there and die a lot.

Following pic isn't faked and too bad I didn't take more about conversations with him when he claimed that he usually won't die at sewers.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/darkfader90/4af58a9a.jpg

Gluttony
06-26-2011, 07:55 PM
As a founder, you should know that this problem has been curbed quite a bit in the past months. A level 1 used to be able to access the highest dungeon in the game before the change, so this is nothing imo. A 48 is just a bit low to be in sewers, at 50 with high level sets one should be ok but there is nothing significant at 48 that is worthy. As for the question why, well we all know the answer to that... for the lulz... I mean xp.

I don't think I understand what you mean by they slowdown, like they slow the group down? Not really, most groups that I see with a low level are usually helping him learn, or passing him by. Their failure to help the group is based in part on the fact that they are weak in comparison to a toon who is potentially 8 levels higher than they are, but I've watched some low level mages who have heal maxed out play a significant role. As for dying a lot, well sewers are hard and can sometimes be complicated; I die in sewers mostly due to a slight lag spike or mistimed firegrate crossing as a 56 DEX bird so no one is immune (except bears).

As for your initial question, hate is a strong word. It's quite easy to avoid the situation by either looking for another group, or waiting for the host to boot them. Don't forget that there is an end rush to try to get to 56 before it's too late so this tactic is all the rage, after the new content comes out this issue should die down a bit.

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 07:59 PM
I see your point at there.

With slowdown I mean they slowdown time what's used for one dungeon, because of multiple revives / won't bring up so much power(tanking/dpsing/healing) as would happen if he get replaced with 55.

And in my opinion hate is exact word since there is lower level content where they belong and they can bring their usefulness better out at there, not to "ruin" higher level games.

Also I Mostly hate those who comes into higher level content, knows they can't do well there so they decide to follow 20m behind others and collect money/xp/drops.

EDIT: anyone shouldn't take anything of this personally, I don't hate lower level players, just wondering why they join games where they have no possibility to survive.

toronero
06-26-2011, 08:00 PM
i dont like it when someone comes in a group and just sits in the beginning while everyone else is doing their job.
why is it going to be too late soon to hit 56?

KingFu
06-26-2011, 08:04 PM
i dont like it when someone comes in a group and just sits in the beginning while everyone else is doing their job.
why is it going to be too late soon to hit 56?

56 ATM is the Elite cap. When the new campaign comes out the new elite cap will be 61 and the current crown of persistence will no longer be available.

Meh, play with friends or host your own game. This problem has died down ever since the level requirement to access each dungeon has been finally implemented.

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 08:17 PM
56 ATM is the Elite cap. When the new campaign comes out the new elite cap will be 61 and the current crown of persistence will no longer be available.

Meh, play with friends or host your own game. This problem has died down ever since the level requirement to access each dungeon has been finally implemented.

I really haven't made friends ingame, I join random games from game list and do the job. :) and this problem haven't died because at this example 48 can join sewers and that's not enough to be enough useful on sewers.

KingFu
06-26-2011, 08:20 PM
I really haven't made friends ingame, I join random games from game list and do the job. :) and this problem haven't died because at this example 48 can join sewers and that's not enough to be enough useful on sewers.

Adding people from the forums can solve that problem:) But I'd much rather have a Lv 48 in the party than a Lv 2 like before:p

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Adding people from the forums can solve that problem:) But I'd much rather have a Lv 48 in the party than a Lv 2 like before:p

I'm doing my best to avoid myself being part of this group called PL forumers :D I know that little inside group there is rolling inside all the time. :) but ye it's better than before Ofc. ^^

Twinkman
06-26-2011, 08:24 PM
why dont just be nice to the guy and give him a chance? :) im a african american peacemaker :D

toronero
06-26-2011, 08:25 PM
56 ATM is the Elite cap. When the new campaign comes out the new elite cap will be 61 and the current crown of persistence will no longer be available. ahh ok thnx

i dont have any friends lol. new to the game and usually when i host, no one gets in and im not making any password.

KingFu
06-26-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm doing my best to avoid myself being part of this group called PL forumers :D I know that little inside group there is rolling inside all the time. :) but ye it's better than before Ofc. ^^

Hmm, alright, don't exactly get what you mean but okay:confused:

*shifty eyes and runs*

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 08:40 PM
why dont just be nice to the guy and give him a chance? :) im a african american peacemaker :D

Answer is a screenshot at the bottom of my first post. :)

Hmm, alright, don't exactly get what you mean but okay:confused:

*shifty eyes and runs*

Outside of ring you would see better than from inside of it. :)

Twinkman
06-26-2011, 08:43 PM
well... maybe he just needed a little level

Arterra
06-26-2011, 09:00 PM
As a founder, you should know that

As a August joiner, I do too! How odd amirite?

Yvonnel
06-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Forumers we have to be more careful. They catching on to us!

Register
06-26-2011, 09:18 PM
+1 gluttony!

and not all low levels are useless....I let in low levels to my groups just to teach them and see how good of a player they are. Usually they are kinda bad so i teach them how to become better. If they are good, i might friend them and help them level up. but never would i boot for being low level.

Roasty
06-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Nah that isn't so bad....okay that is kinda bad. But give the little guy a break! I mean I was stupid enough to join an AO3 game once when I was level 35! Never doing that again though...:(

Silentarrow
06-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Did this person even mind that they died so much :). I usually don't mind at the most 1 low level in a group as long as they at least try to help out the group. And if they're messing up a lot (ex mage running ahead of tanks). I tell them what they should do.

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 10:38 PM

Did this person even mind that they died so much :). I usually don't mind at the most 1 low level in a group as long as they at least try to help out the group. And if they're messing up a lot (ex mage running ahead of tanks). I tell them what they should do.

As said on original post didn't took screenshot of conversation where he said he usually won't die at sewers at all. Also this is just one example whne there us many others go do same. :)

Fyrce
06-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I usually don't mind 1 sub-50 in group either. Sometimes they're not so great (die, stay back), so they're not getting friended.
But most times, they're not so bad and know how to run perfectly fine.

Riccits
06-27-2011, 01:59 AM
if i do scaled farming, sometimes i dont mind if there joins a 48-49. some are good and know they dont have that much armor and try to be usefull with theyr capabilitys. so its ok. but most are some noobs wich breaks down the whole group.

Piosidon
06-27-2011, 02:03 AM
How many times did he die?

Riccits
06-27-2011, 02:24 AM

lol iam still counting the dead bodys...

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 05:37 AM

Sorry but I didnt count anymore after 15th death. :D

cjackyo
06-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Let the bodies hit flooooorrorrrrrr!!!!!! Lol

CanonicalKoi
06-27-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't mind them either. Running Hideout yesterday on my 55 mage, we had a 55 tank, a 50 mage, a 51 mage and a 48 bird. No deaths the entire run and no slowdown that I noticed. If people know how to play, they'll play well. If not, doesn't matter what their level is--fancy-shmancy armor and weapons aren't going to save them for long. :)

noobmigo
06-27-2011, 08:56 AM
First of all this isn't rant or flaming thread. But for serious, why all lower level characters put themselves into higherlevel games and dungeons?

It doesn't make sense because of...

1. They slowdown
2. Doesn't usually help group a lot
3. They are way too weak into there and die a lot.

Following pic isn't faked and too bad I didn't take more about conversations with him when he claimed that he usually won't die at sewers.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/darkfader90/4af58a9a.jpg

I'm sorry all you kind people, but that..made me fall out of my chair LAUGHING.

And: Boot him with a kind reason. Don't feel bad. He isn't getting ANYTHING from dying 15 times in 3 seconds or whatever. Boot him, tell him to go to AO3, do CTK, and stop and keeper. Give him a strategy and the level where most people would be comfortable with him in BS.

For me, it's probably 51.

However, I do get booted a lot, usually because I just go over there, spam and joke, and I get booted for not doing anything. :D
I can yell out "I'm NOOBMIGO!" to Random PUGS, and they'll go, *Boot* "Yes you are a noob, amigo" <---Corny, amirite?
I'm not kidding.

But, uh, do you guys think I should start going to AO3 now? D:

OrangeDreams
06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
They qualify for the dungeon. I don't really see the problem. Most of them have higher armor ratings than I do at 55 anyhow. And there are a ton of 55's with hopelessly nerfed base damage. I just ran with a group of 48-49's and they did fine. Several days ago ran with a 48 tank named osodox or osadex who was quite impressive in sewers. I've been in sewers and shadows since 48 mainly because my eyes woulda started bleeding if I had to do anymore ao3 runs.

imo the sewers are hard on an awareness and tactical level, not on the level of gear. The mobs don't pound all that hard and aside from the tox birds have little hp - it's mainly knowing ones ways about the fire traps and knowing each bosses's indiv combat styles that makes it hard.

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 01:49 PM
They qualify for the dungeon. I don't really see the problem. Most of them have higher armor ratings than I do at 55 anyhow. And there are a ton of 55's with hopelessly nerfed base damage. I just ran with a group of 48-49's and they did fine. Several days ago ran with a 48 tank named osodox or osadex who was quite impressive in sewers. I've been in sewers and shadows since 48 mainly because my eyes woulda started bleeding if I had to do anymore ao3 runs.

imo the sewers are hard on an awareness and tactical level, not on the level of gear. The mobs don't pound all that hard and aside from the tox birds have little hp - it's mainly knowing ones ways about the fire traps and knowing each bosses's indiv combat styles that makes it hard.

1. Everyone qulify in real life to challenge their local wrestler to match, wondering why they won't do it because of they can? ;)
2. There is also good lower level sewer players, but mostly not and ends up to what i mentioned on first post.

OrangeDreams
06-27-2011, 02:08 PM
1. Everyone qulify in real life to challenge their local wrestler to match, wondering why they won't do it because of they can? ;)
2. There is also good lower level sewer players, but mostly not and ends up to what i mentioned on first post.

1. A non-reply. I understand it was different in the past, but the dungeons are deliberately ordered by the devs to fit a certain level-progression. I've gone ahead into the new dungeon every time I was two below the suggested level and never found that I was grossly overpowered. You seem to have a more general complaint about poor players but are for whatever reason pinning it solely on lv48-49 players. It's condescending.

2. I've been in the sewers a LOT lately (mad dash to 56) and haven't really noticed this. Skill level seems to be more or less evenly distributed among the pre-55 levels.

Snakespeare
06-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Dude, that is impossible. Someone ... a bear probably ... who doesn't like low levels probably ... was probably taunting every time he got rez'd. It looks like there were some mean level-capped players who should have been protecting the mage, not killing it for laughs.

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Dude, that is impossible. Someone ... a bear probably ... who doesn't like low levels probably ... was probably taunting every time he got rez'd. It looks like there were some mean level-capped players who should have been protecting the mage, not killing it for laughs.

We didn't kill him on purpose, aggro was on me all the time since i kept taunting all the time ofc, but queen hits aoe and he was 1hit/dead all the time and mage kept resurecting him. It was him choise to accept revive all the time, not just leave as i would do lol.

Snakespeare
06-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh duh! It's outside the K&Q. No grates.

But rez takes 1/2 sec. how can there be that many bodies? They should fall through the floor.

noobmigo
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Oh duh! It's outside the K&Q. No grates.

But rez takes 1/2 sec. how can there be that many bodies? They should fall through the floor.

Possible.
There is a slight glitch, and also, some of them are just starting to fall thru in the pic.

Snakespeare
06-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Oh... he's not hitting a health pot after getting rez'd. waddanoob

noobmigo
06-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Oh... he's not hitting a health pot after getting rez'd. waddanoob

Plus, he;s using a WF Slash. :D

Griazity
06-27-2011, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is here. The whole level issue is fixed now so we don't get low levels in high level dungeons. For those who have a problem with 48s in sewers etc you were that level once and im sure you tried to do runs there as well.

The minimum levels have been set so whether you are 48 or 56 those people have as much right as you do.

Don't get me wrong because i would much rather have higher levels in the party too but im not going to hate people for it. We've all got to level up some how.

IceCoffie
06-27-2011, 06:35 PM
I played with that guy.I think all he needed was a good team to play with him and encourge him.

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm not sure what the problem is here. The whole level issue is fixed now so we don't get low levels in high level dungeons. For those who have a problem with 48s in sewers etc you were that level once and im sure you tried to do runs there as well.

The minimum levels have been set so whether you are 48 or 56 those people have as much right as you do.

Don't get me wrong because i would much rather have higher levels in the party too but im not going to hate people for it. We've all got to level up some how.

There is no problem itself, this is discussion about why lower lever player intrude higherlevel dungeons, even they are not really useful there for others(mostly), and "ruin" others game at there(mostly).

Arterra
06-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Lol not all lower level players "ruin" the game. Watch me make a lv53 and use it in new area

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Lol not all lower level players "ruin" the game. Watch me make a lv53 and use it in new area

Thats why i have all the time said, MOSTLY, not always. ;)

Fyrce
06-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Hehe. I don't see this problem today as a problem between high levels and low levels as it has been before. I think today, it's more between people who want to learn or know how to play, and those who are horrible players. Not sure if the OP's pix showed that, but the dead mage's equips isn't that great, so I'm guessing he needs at least some guidance.

I admit to regretting a bit some of the faster runs, because such runs do not give time to train anyone. You barely have time to talk before you're remaking. The players either know how to do those runs or LEARN how to do those runs as they are running or they get dropped quickly as everyone joins the next game and these "noobs" are left behind, because no one friends them so they are slower to join.

It'd be good if such players found slower games to join so at least there's chance for someone to speak to them and train them. What's interesting is these types seem to either be non-talkers or beggars. Makes me think they think the games requires them to die a lot. I wish they'd go back and play the game again, slower this time so they can better observe the dynamics and mechanics of the game. It'd really help them I think.

But then again... who knows... maybe there are some people who are beyond help. I know at least one person in RL who plays enough games to be called a gamer. He plays way more games than I will ever have time for. However, I can play a game a shorter period of time and get more strategy than he does and tell him what he needs to do. And I know there are way better players than I out there...

Which reminds me that my level 51 mage recently helped someone clear Hideout after the group left, after defeating GF. I kind of thought the L51 bird could have done it himself and maybe I should have said that, but he was really really begging... Not sure I did him any favors... Oh well.

Piosidon
06-28-2011, 01:32 AM
Just met Angelcraft today. He is 49 close to 50 and I found him in goblin tunnels