PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Skipping Mini-bosses in hideout?

YYZ????
06-26-2011, 08:29 PM
I have been doing some lvl 51 gear farming and most parties are now skipping the mini-bosses. Proceed to kill Gold-Fever, then going back to the mini-bosses? Is there a purpose for this?

IceCoffie
06-26-2011, 08:43 PM
When i want farming and they did the same thing. So i asked why and they told me that u have a better chance of getting a pink. People do some werid stuff to try to get a pink.

TANKKAAR
06-26-2011, 08:45 PM
I have been doing some lvl 51 gear farming and most parties are now skipping the mini-bosses. Proceed to kill Gold-Fever, then going back to the mini-bosses? Is there a purpose for this?

There is NO reason that I have ever heard of...? People do the funniest things tho because they heard from a friend, who heard from a friend that it will increase the drop rate of pink items. This isn't the case, drop rates are 100% random and there is no way to manipulate besides with the Big Luck vanity and the use of elixers :-) I'm curious have you asked these lvl51 farners yet? If so what did they tell you?

Duped
06-26-2011, 08:54 PM
There is an actual reason. You won't get a 51 drop from the mini bosses until the level is cleared sufficiently :)

TANKKAAR
06-26-2011, 08:58 PM
There is an actual reason. You won't get a 51 drop from the mini bosses until the level is cleared sufficiently :)

This is very interesting and would explain a few things..... I wish I have my lvl 51 farmer still to test this....lol

Duped
06-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Test if you will, but I speak from a bunch of experience... Way too much 51 farming really.

Silentarrow
06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll test it out tommorow on my bear, anyone want to join me?

Magicfrost
06-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Duped is right I knew about that unless you clear the entire dungeon the mini boss will NOT drop a lvl 51 item.

YYZ????
06-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks, Duped is right. I went solo to the minis, no drops. Cleared most and then they dropped. Thanks for the info. I thought they maybe were on the rumor pink thing. I asked and got called a noob.

Pharcyde
06-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Dupe is correct. Even though the entire party is level 51 or lower, the threat level of the mini bosses is levels 52-55 (yellow and red.) The threat level goes down when X many of Mobs has been cleared +/- Gold Fever X Players in party X Level of highest player.

Fyrce
06-26-2011, 11:59 PM
It's like a game telephone :)

At one time, someone knew you had to clear a certain amount to get the mini bosses to drop L51.
So someone (else) devised a way to run the dungeon.
At some point, it became more pinks drop that way.

So funny.

Riccits
06-27-2011, 01:27 AM

hiya! u was in my team yesterday :) pharcyde said the reasons perfectly. and it has nothing to do with more pinks dropping from goldy or some strange theories.

we skip blanky too if he there. its always worth going back the way...

CanonicalKoi
06-27-2011, 08:49 AM
I think this is going to wind-up being another PL legend, this "mini-bosses don't drop unless X number of mobs is cleared". I've done a fair amount of soloing Hideout and sometimes I get Catspaw or Blanky (if there) drops, sometimes not, but it's after only clearing up to their areas--I don't turn around and come back. You'd need a pretty good sample size to verify it one way or another.

Riccits
06-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I think this is going to wind-up being another PL legend, this "mini-bosses don't drop unless X number of mobs is cleared". I've done a fair amount of soloing Hideout and sometimes I get Catspaw or Blanky (if there) drops, sometimes not, but it's after only clearing up to their areas--I don't turn around and come back. You'd need a pretty good sample size to verify it one way or another.

read what pharcyde wrote. the numbers of players and their level count too. if u solo the map, the threat level goes down earlier than in 5 ppl.
best example is: try to solo bank vault with ur 51 char (lure one by one and boss last!!!). then u clear it with five 51 chars. then u will c what happens.

Snakespeare
06-27-2011, 10:04 AM
oh yeah, there is nothing more irritating than getting a level 53 drops from Catspaw when everyone is level 50 or lower. save her and come back later when the mob count is lower.

davidis57
06-27-2011, 10:45 AM
People have some of the lamest ideas in order to get a pink.

Pocket Legends Characters Timbabird -55 Oldsillymage -55

Snakespeare
06-27-2011, 11:18 AM
No, level 53 items do not sell for the same price. You can get 7 - 10 K for an orange 51. More for a green. It is worth it to wait and walk back (takes an entire minute). It will at least pay for all those health pots you had to burn on GF.

Today someone said that Blanky is glitched and always drops level 55, no matter what you do.

drewcapu
06-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Not so much for selling, but for keeping, when you finally level your 51 to a 53. That way you don't have to kick out 55+s from a 54 and under run :)

Riccits
06-28-2011, 02:02 AM
Today someone said that Blanky is glitched and always drops level 55, no matter what you do.

can confirm its not so, u need to walk or rejoin :)