PDA

View Full Version : First Time I Have Been Booted For Beening Too High Level.

kurl
06-26-2011, 08:56 PM
So I enter a Sewers game of BB stronghold and the host tells me you are too high level. When i am lv 54 and every person in there is lv 52-50. Wow What is the world coming to?

Kingsyan
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
They are scaling for lvl 51 drops.
Max lvl is 52.

Darkfader
06-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Some players doing runs with 50-52 to get more expensive lvl 51 items. It requires all on group to be from that level range. That's mostly they explanation for it.

kurl
06-26-2011, 09:01 PM
lol ok but i still think its funny how i got booted for being too high of a lv.

Register
06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
yeah.......what i hate more if when the host in my ctk run boots somebody and then laughs about it within the group....i left that group. Another thing, when you are leveling or something, and somebody says that you have to give them every drop, just say no if u dont want to. Several occasions i joined groups that were full once i joined and whenever the host said to give every drop or u get booted, i said no. and every time i wasn booted. One time somebody left a group like that and some new person joined and they said yes to give every drop and then forgot to give ONE drop and got boooted...
My point is....some people are stupid when it comes to booting....

and! "Beening" look at the title lol.

Roasty
06-26-2011, 09:16 PM
LMAO beening isn't a word ;)

Pharcyde
06-26-2011, 11:58 PM
lol ok but i still think its funny how i got booted for being too high of a lv.

Well it makes sense, they boot you, because you being there is spoiling their drops. Level 55 drops are junk. Level 51-53 drops are much more valuable.

Nightarcher
06-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah they scale for drops.

But today I did get booted for using a Sentinal Shotgun of Death. The reason? "I hate that gun" :P

SVTcobra
06-27-2011, 12:32 AM
I was booted today for not talking...? I don't usually talk to anyone when I'm playing. I dont see the need to.

Wretch
06-27-2011, 12:37 AM
I was booted today for not talking...? I don't usually talk to anyone when I'm playing. I dont see the need to.

same here with a PUG.... Although I'm quite chatty with a group of friends during a pause

Otukura
06-27-2011, 12:50 AM
I get booted fairly often for talking; a few of those times were at the boss.

Fyrce
06-27-2011, 01:14 AM
LOL.

Have seen all those reasons, but not recently. I'd just say, "Why?" or "No." or leave. I have no problems with hosts booting for any reason. If it's a really bad reason, then I know who not to friend or who to ignore. I'm thankful when a bad player shows themselves, because really, if a player ruins your game, you do not want to play with them anyways.

What you really want is then to host your own games or hang out in friends' games and you'll (almost) never encounter these issues at all.

Then the worse that'll happen is you have to wait because everyone's already been running in the group and it's full :) which I totally enjoy. Nothing is more pleasing than to see people having a good time in game.

Riccits
06-27-2011, 01:21 AM
So I enter a Sewers game of BB stronghold and the host tells me you are too high level. When i am lv 54 and every person in there is lv 52-50. Wow What is the world coming to?

probably i booted u ;) sorry but i told ya before its 52 max. then i give a timeout for 5-10sec to leave.

so when someone c host Xcarver and u arent under 52 dont enter!

WhoIsThis
06-27-2011, 09:00 AM

But today I did get booted for using a Sentinal Shotgun of Death. The reason? "I hate that gun" :P

Booting for equipment is unfortunately a relatively common event.

I once got booted because I was wearing mega mage and not enchanted. I guess in retrospect I shouldn't have been surprised; the minute I arrived, the host booted someone for wearing raid roach and not custom. I suspect that the host wanted a party of all 55 to 56 with green sparkles. Sad... player tactics and skill make the player, not (for the most part) what they wear.

Tamino
06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Booting for equipment is unfortunately a relatively common event.

I once got booted because I was wearing mega mage and not enchanted. I guess in retrospect I shouldn't have been surprised; the minute I arrived, the host booted someone for wearing raid roach and not custom. I suspect that the host wanted a party of all 55 to 56 with green sparkles. Sad... player tactics and skill make the player, not (for the most part) what they wear.

LOL. Actually I tested them and RR talon/wing are better than corresponding customized...

Hankomachos
06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
This thread is making me rofl!!! :banana::banana:

OrangeDreams
06-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Anymore I just leave a party when I see a host making weird boots. This is a game, and I'm here to have fun. Stupid boots leave me feeling kinda sour for the rest of that run. I'm invited to a lot of password protected games--it's not that hard to do. Farming for lvl-specific stuff? Password-protect the game.

I love the learning the nittygritty side of this game, but I also love running with casual gamers. Hardcore gamers who run in public games but can't tolerate the quirks of casual gamers w/o flipping out on them annoy me. The first "rule" of PL should be, Get Over Thyself.

btw, a question. What do people mean when they cite a party of four as "full?" I always leave when told this, but I've never really understood it. I mean, I was right there in the instance with them. Very clearly it wasn't a full party yet. Are they trying to avoid additional lag, or what?

kinawarrior
06-27-2011, 12:50 PM
What's worse is a lvl 51 item is worth more than a lvl 55 item with better stats

AnotherAzi
06-27-2011, 01:50 PM
A lvl 51 sewer king cap has all the same stats as a 55 but is 20 armor instead of 21. You can wear it from 51 to 55, meaning 26k xp sooner. It's not part of a set anyway.

You wouldn't pay more for that than for a 55?

ChrisFI
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
probably they were farming, get more of a chance of drops for their levels

Kingofhurtz
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
btw, a question. What do people mean when they cite a party of four as "full?" I always leave when told this, but I've never really understood it. I mean, I was right there in the instance with them. Very clearly it wasn't a full party yet. Are they trying to avoid additional lag, or what?

Most likely, they were running as a group before and the fifth of their group didn't join in time and you took their spot or they're waiting for the fifth person to join. Most don't want a party of 4 as far as I know...

kinawarrior
06-27-2011, 04:04 PM
A lvl 51 sewer king cap has all the same stats as a 55 but is 20 armor instead of 21. You can wear it from 51 to 55, meaning 26k xp sooner. It's not part of a set anyway.

You wouldn't pay more for that than for a 55?

If I wanted to stay at level 51 I would. If the goal was to get to 4 levels of the non max, adn not get to the max level, then yes, I would pay more.

WhoIsThis
06-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Full usually means that they are waiting for someone, a fifth person (usually someone that one, if not all of the players know) to come, so they are saving a spot.

CanonicalKoi
06-28-2011, 12:57 AM
I get booted fairly often for talking; a few of those times were at the boss.

C'mon, really? You and I have had some lovely chats while waiting for some annoying boss or other to die.

kurl
06-28-2011, 08:36 PM
probably i booted u ;) sorry but i told ya before its 52 max. then i give a timeout for 5-10sec to leave.

so when someone c host Xcarver and u arent under 52 dont enter!
Lol Oh i think it was you but i understand I just find it funny how it went backwards, cause we used to be booted for being to low lv but now its vice virsa.

kurl
06-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I KNOW! My finger just hit the E key twice instead of once. It was an accident.
and Good discussions guys lets keep it going!

Kingofhurtz
06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
C'mon, really? You and I have had some lovely chats while waiting for some annoying boss or other to die.

Omg this is the first time I realized that CanonicalKoi=Rauen=GrievousAngel!!!!! That's so awesome!!! I didn't know you were on forums!!! ^.^

/ends overexcitedness and puts the thread back on topic

LADYHADASSA
06-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Rofl seriousley?!?! This is a funny reason... Its almost like being excluded from a 5 star resturaunt for not wearing a tie..... Pl dress code......

CanonicalKoi
06-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Omg this is the first time I realized that CanonicalKoi=Rauen=GrievousAngel!!!!! That's so awesome!!! I didn't know you were on forums!!! ^.^

/ends overexcitedness and puts the thread back on topic

*blushes* Oh, stop! If anyone should be excited, it's me. I swoon when I see you in-game. You and Haikus--swoon-worthy. Stridz/Strydz (who I *finally* got to play with), also swoon-worthy. Hmmm....charm, pretzels and what-not being taken, maybe I should hand out Swoons....hmmm.....

Back to the thread already in progress, but still recovering from Swoon Overload.

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 11:55 AM

It isn't a word YET. Once we unravel the secrets to traversing the fourth dimension our primitive language will need to evolve to include words that encompass both past tense and present tense concurrently. Mind blown yet?

Kraze
06-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Lol after the server merge I got booted many times for using having a -fnord name lead to some renames and deletes I now regret but hey what can you do?

DPANDA
06-30-2011, 05:09 AM
I got booted at the start of keeper for asking if they were going to finish keeper.

Reason given was "no".

For crying out loud it was just a question, would have stayed even though it was an xp run.

Some people LOL

kinawarrior
06-30-2011, 07:59 AM
I get booted sometimes with the reason "No". No what? lol 55 with full fortified, it can't be for gear or level :)