PDA

View Full Version : Questions about platinum...

haoleflip719
06-27-2011, 01:28 AM
I am new to the game and I see a lot of "extras" that can be purchased with platinum. Is there any other way to get it besides spending real money? If not, can any of these features be unlocked by completing things in game? I'm kind of confused. If you're not willing to spend real money, will your character not be as geared or "loaded" as people who are spending their money for platinum?

Also, can someone please point me to a thread or info page on class builds etc. Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

IceCoffie
06-27-2011, 01:32 AM
You can get platinum by downloading free apps or watching vidoes.Hope this helps u.

Twinkman
06-27-2011, 01:32 AM
there is a free platinum option in the platinum menu on your character screen... u should be avable to earn a small amount of plat there :)

Twinkman
06-27-2011, 01:33 AM
also the add new free platinum adds everonce in a while

SkYLoC
06-27-2011, 01:36 AM
There's an option through the platinum store to earn free platinum by downloading apps,watching videos etc. Its not really critical to buy anything to be geared or enjoy the game though. As far as the class builds and whatnot theres tons of topics on that just use the search feature..i believe most of them are under the "guides" section or something like that. ;)

haoleflip719
06-27-2011, 01:41 AM
What are the benefits of buying plat?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk
[[[|(super dark v4 DJ05 rom)(blackish DJ05 theme)(otb voodoo5 kernel)|]]]

Zewebaby
06-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Mild stat increases (rings, +1 armor vanity helmets), inspect page customisation, gear, vanity items, emote packs, new campaigns, new face, extra inventory and auction slots, character slots, etc. - nothing vital, but it enhances your experience a lot. And it's cheap. Totally worth it imo.

Register
06-27-2011, 09:09 AM
ye they enhance gameplay! but you can totally get by on TapJoy offers even if you just do the free ones. Thats what im doing until i decide to buy plat. What i just do is take about half an hour and do as many free ones as i can and just use it on what you want badly...not on items unless its a ring crown or vanity. But leveling items imo arent worth it.

ChrisFI
06-27-2011, 02:47 PM
the free platinum offers to earn free plat. Other than that there is no other way to not spend real money on the game, etc.
If however an offer doesnt work you can send what you should have gotten to tap joy( go into the free plat, scroll all the way down, and you shoudl see what im talking about in small letters saying "missing platinum?"

friedkimchi
06-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Also be on the lookout for contests on the forums.
The recent droid contest saw a person winning 1000 plat.

But as the others said, getting plat improves your gaming experience.
I recently bought plat and I have one regret, not getting it sooner.