PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please clarify this?

Justno
02-02-2016, 08:26 AM
There has been rumours going around lately that people have been getting banned for using VPNs as it appears that they are account sharing from a different location. I wanted someone to give a clear answer on this, is it true? There are many people who want to play AL during their lunch break at work, college or school but their institution blocks it and the only way to play is via a VPN.
There's not much point doing this if you're gonna get banned haha

aneshsinghblu
02-02-2016, 08:45 AM
so where are you using your vpn . . at work . college or school ?
if you willing to break 2 rules. . then you should get banned

Dragoonclaws
02-02-2016, 08:49 AM
VPN... People got banned for doing NativeX offers using VPN. The kind if things you want to avoid... and you're in school dude... go chill with your friends instead... and playing at work is not professional. If the institution blocks games, it's for a reason.

Justno
02-02-2016, 09:37 AM
All I'm saying is that during lunch break me and my mates want to play games but the school blocks them, I wanna know if using VPN just to play will get me banned, not plat farming or anything against ToS, just playing..

oekeone
02-02-2016, 09:53 AM
All I'm saying is that during lunch break me and my mates want to play games but the school blocks them, I wanna know if using VPN just to play will get me banned, not plat farming or anything against ToS, just playing..

You mean using school WiFi? Cause I use school WiFi and it blocks it so I can't play arcane legends that's why I pay for my phones data plan

Bidiel
02-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Vpn is ilegal for many reasons one.of them is the platinum farm, so yes u have more chances to been banned even if u only use vpn.to can.play

Enviado desde mi LG-P768 mediante Tapatalk

Hoardseeker
02-02-2016, 10:14 AM

None of the schools in my state allows bringing even Mobile to the school, at least your School allows Students to Bring Mobile Phones , Be happy with what you got! If I go to school with a Mobile and get caught then it would be the last time i'd see my mobile .

Justno
02-02-2016, 10:17 AM
I'm not allowed phones lmao, I play on iPad

So if I use VPN I'll get banned?

Dragoonclaws
02-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Well there is nothing very specific to VPN in here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?385-Terms-of-Service

Tap "Ctrl + f" and type "vpn"

Listen, VPN changes your original IP address, might be considered as spoofing (using of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information). And as it was said, StS had enough troubles with the VPN plat farming. VPN is not the best thing to use.

I hope that we get a developer answer to this.

Justno
02-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Well there is nothing very specific to VPN in here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?385-Terms-of-Service

Tap "Ctrl + f" and type "vpn"

Listen, VPN changes your original IP address, might be considered as spoofing (using of any means to disguise your online identity or alter original attribute information). And as it was said, StS had enough troubles with the VPN plat farming. VPN is not the best thing to use.

I hope that we get a developer answer to this.

Indeed :/ both ToS and privacy policy never mention VPNs...
Would be good to have a developers input ^^

Remiem
02-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Hey guys, just to clarify a lot of accounts have been banned recently as a result of a crack down on real world trading, which is against the TOS. VPN's specifically won't get you banned. If you feel that you've been banned in error, please contact support@spacetimestudios.com and we'll do what we can to sort it out.