PDA

View Full Version : Must be doing something wrong ah!

Clodoveo
06-27-2011, 06:42 AM
I don't think I understand which stats are more important for my 51 pure int...I hear mana m/s but I usually have mana pots for that..
What does crit do? Or hit? What's diff between dps and the stat above it that has range....(can't remember)
I like firepower/aoe damage too
For example I see ppl using voodoo weapon but at same lvl I can find a bettwer weapon cheaper..
When I choose weapon I usually look at the damage stat ( example voodoo staff 75-100 or w/e..)

I am struggling to find a good wand/staff set with 200k budget beacause ppl tell me get isis/thoth but I seem to find what I think is better that might be yellow item....so I'm confused...help please!

Darkfader
06-27-2011, 07:10 AM
Crit is critical damage, when You hut critical Its 2x normal damage and is shown as orange instead of normal Red.
Hit is your hit %, as rxample with 75% hit You miss averagely every fourth hit You do.
Dps is damage per second, damage Dante is itself damage of single hit with your weapon You do.

For lvl 51 mage i prefer to get lvl 51 sewer orange items, looking for lvl 51 flusher wand set it gives good amount of regens, damage ans armor. And it doesnt cost really much.

Clodoveo
06-27-2011, 07:24 AM
What's difference between dps and damge( the min-max stat)? Which takes priority for me?

Can u list which stats shud bemy priority

Tamino
06-27-2011, 08:03 AM
What's difference between dps and damge( the min-max stat)? Which takes priority for me?
Usually Max-min damage is more effective. DPS (damage per sec) is average damage divided by weapon speed; because every hit is reduced by enemy armor it is usually better to have a weapon with more damage (and lower DPS) than one with less damage (and higher DPS). Extreme cases exist and are somehow debatable.

For a mage it is good to have two sets, one with wand/bracer for max defense and the other with staff only, for max damage.

Can u list which stats shud bemy priority
"Typical" mages put most of their stat points to INT (gaining Mana, M/s and skills power) and some point to STR (max 60-80) for health; many (like you) put all points to INT, for maximize damage but a "weak" resistance. Unusual builds also exist, DEX mages being similar to archers and STR mages (paladins) similar to bears, but I suggest to try them only when you are able to manage an INT mage.

Arterra
06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't think I understand which stats are more important for my 51 pure int...I hear mana m/s but I usually have mana pots for that..

Then that must be a big gold drain, if you use hundred's of pots for something that with the right gear regenerates on its own.

PS for lv51 mage and little budget, consider either saving up for a cosmos and keeper staff set or do the cyber quests to get free pink items (but still use the keeper staff)