PDA

View Full Version : Expansion coming up soon, Eyes and Paras should not scale!

Zylx
02-02-2016, 02:11 PM
The expansion is coming up really quickly and there is not one thing i cannot express my concern for more than i can for the paras and eyes! So, as a reminder of an available and very reasonable option that can make or break this next expansion's overall balance and gear progression, please limit the eyes and paras to gear under lv46!

In no way should a mage of the same level have substantially more more health, armor, damage, AND crit than a similarly geared rogue simply because they managed to stack all of their eyes into their gear.

For the sake of Arlor, for the humanity in the 51 cap, for the love of Gustav, and for the cuteness of Emma Stone, pleeeease keep these old gems out of the next expansion! End this abominable ailment that's lingered in the game for over a year.

Gear should only be accented by gems/jewels, not defined by them.

illidan
02-02-2016, 02:23 PM
The expansion is coming up really quickly and there is not one thing i cannot express my concern for more than i can for the paras and eyes! So, as a reminder of an available and very reasonable option that can make or break this next expansion's overall balance and gear progression, please limit the eyes and paras to gear under lv46!

In no way should a mage of the same level have substantially more more health, armor, damage, AND crit than a similarly geared rogue simply because they managed to stack all of their eyes into their gear.

For the sake of Arlor, for the humanity in the 51 cap, for the love of Gustav, and for the cuteness of Emma Stone, pleeeease keep these old gems out of the next expansion! End this abominable ailment that's lingered in the game for over a year.

agree...sts already said that para and eyes r op and we wont see them as reward next time - but its not 100% solving of problem...there will be para/eye users even few next lvl caps if sts wont make something about it

Oezheasate
02-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Agreed let the jewels fulfill their roles instead of being a joke.

xZauiflele
02-02-2016, 02:36 PM
I would suggest to make a deadline to all eye para stockers. And remove it from game after that deadline so there will an neutrality that no one have op gems xD focus on jewels now. Just a suggestion don't get angry if u stock em haha

illidan
02-02-2016, 02:44 PM
I would suggest to make a deadline to all eye para stockers. And remove it from game after that deadline so there will an neutrality that no one have op gems xD focus on jewels now. Just a suggestion don't get angry if u stock em haha

really bad idea...ppl should be able to use their rewards...

Goldenlotus
02-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Imo ideal fix is just make para and eye unsocketable and tradeable...loses value but evens out the problems they cause by making them available to all.

csyui
02-02-2016, 02:48 PM
No.

There are not many eye gems left in the game now as you thought, and para gems are even rarer. As time goes by, these limited gems will be extinguished sooner or later.

I myself have few para/eye gems left in my stash, but that took me lots of time and efforts to get these exclusive gems during old time event. Your suggestion will make me lose a lot and let me feel my hard work is worthless.

Edward Coug
02-02-2016, 02:48 PM
I think main stat jewels are underrated. In the next cap, I would much rather have a +10 finesse jewel (assuming they go that high) than a second para.

If this idea gets instituted, I think arcane rings with a para are going to be the best ring in the next cap. I keep hearing about gear progression. I'll believe it when I see it.

xZauiflele
02-02-2016, 02:53 PM
really bad idea...ppl should be able to use their rewards...
The terms para and eye is the only thing which widened the difference btw rich and poor/ undergeared over geared, If this will be removed from the economy it will give loss to less than 10% players(riches/plat buyers) rest 90% will be blessed coz jwls can't make such difference among the players. concept of equity
Just a Suggestion !! hope u aren't the one of who have em for later sale. Reward provided to a player to use not to stock it like money. If ppl starts stocking notes coins govt. may burie those old notes/coins and introduce new .... it happens under admin of economy

eugene9707
02-02-2016, 02:58 PM
I think main stat jewels are underrated. In the next cap, I would much rather have a +10 finesse jewel (assuming they go that high) than a second para.

If this idea gets instituted, I think arcane rings with a para are going to be the best ring in the next cap. I keep hearing about gear progression. I'll believe it when I see it.

ya.... +10 finesses.... good luck farming ....

+8 is 2187 cracked, +9 will be 6561 cracked, and +10 will be 19683 cracked !!!
and that's only ONE JEWEL, now do that 18 times lol (354,294 cracked)

No.

There are not many eye gems left in the game now as you thought, and para gems are even rarer. As time goes by, these limited gems will be extinguished sooner or later.

I myself have few para/eye gems left in my stash, but that took me lots of time and efforts to get these exclusive gems during old time event. Your suggestion will make me lose a lot and let me feel my hard work is worthless.

Is 10M for a para, and 6m for eyes not enough ? or are you just waiting for lv 71 cap when eyes gives like +5 +5 +5 +1.57 crit and sell it for 50mil ? (yes, those stats are based on how it scales)

Remiem
02-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the feedback you guys. We'll definitely take it into consideration. :)

illidan
02-02-2016, 03:01 PM
The terms para and eye is the only thing which widened the difference btw rich and poor/ undergeared over geared, If this will be removed from the economy it will give loss to less than 10% players(riches/plat buyers) rest 90% will be blessed coz jwls can't make such difference among the players. concept of equity
Just a Suggestion !! hope u aren't the one of who have em for later sale. Reward provided to a player to use not to stock it like money. If ppl starts stocking notes coins govt. may burie those old notes/coins and introduce new .... it happens under admin of economy

I dont have para/eye ..nor Im one of the rich guyz who can aford full gear of these :)
I just think its bad idea to delete them totaly...there have to be compromise ( ur idea is far away from compromise)

Yea, I understand its just suggestion :) mine was only suggestion too

Energizeric
02-02-2016, 03:08 PM
I had already made this suggestion on an earlier thread. Just make it so that gems cannot be used on level 47+ gear, only jewels. Gems can still be used on lower level gear, and paras and eyes will still retain their value for use on twink gear. But for end game, they will be gone.

Energizeric
02-02-2016, 03:11 PM
ya.... +10 finesses.... good luck farming ....

+8 is 2187 cracked, +9 will be 6561 cracked, and +10 will be 19683 cracked !!!
and that's only ONE JEWEL, now do that 18 times lol (354,294 cracked)

I think that is a great idea. Seriously! Why not? This will give max geared players something they can work towards, and yet it won't give them OP stats like para & eye gems do. If they are willing to work hard enough to obtain such a jewel, then they deserve a slight stat advantage. I think this only becomes a problem when the stat advantage of a better gem/jewel is big. +1 or +2 does not give a big advantage.

xZauiflele
02-02-2016, 03:17 PM
I dont have para/eye ..nor Im one of the rich guyz who can aford full gear of these :)
I just think its bad idea to delete them totaly...there have to be compromise ( ur idea is far away from compromise)

Yea, I understand its just suggestion :) mine was only suggestion too
Compromise is after removing em give 2 jewels join recipe
1stats jewel(fine/mind/fury) from cracklevel to fortified levels can be combined with light/diamond/water(water not for mind)/nature(nature not for fury) from weak to noble levels.
FOR WARRIOR BEST COMBO:
fortified fury+noble diamond (insane states)
FOR ROGUES:
Fortified Finesse+noble light
For MAGES:
Fortified mind+ any

I said nature not for fury coz it will be very over burst of hp and same with mind can't be combined with water. And after fortified stats jewels should be usable separately (not combinable) so there will not be an overflow of demand on higher jewels and overpoweredness will happen less.
Suggestion thnx

eugene9707
02-02-2016, 03:27 PM
I think that is a great idea. Seriously! Why not? This will give max geared players something they can work towards, and yet it won't give them OP stats like para & eye gems do. If they are willing to work hard enough to obtain such a jewel, then they deserve a slight stat advantage. I think this only becomes a problem when the stat advantage of a better gem/jewel is big. +1 or +2 does not give a big advantage.

true, i still think it'll be quite un-reachable with the way drops are though ...
maybe make elite boss drop +2 or +3 or something

Also, another reason to stop eyes from going to higher levels: the "hard work" those people did for eyes is nothing compare to the work needed to put into the "comparable" higher tire jewel, especially later on (as mentioned, 19,683 cracked )

Zylx
02-02-2016, 03:28 PM
No.

Originally i had the idea to give a deadline and remove the remaining unsocketed gems from the game, but that idea was countered with this exact argument.

Now, i support the idea of limiting the existing eyes and paras to lv46 and under. For the sake of the upcoming gear balances and general improvement of the game, the only way to effectively transition to the new jewels system is to manually end the scaling of the old and overpowering para and eye gems.

You would certainly still be able to use these gems for twink gears and they would still greatly retain value. But the only way the game can move on and take a step from the past is to start a whole new slate with new gear limited to what's currently available.

In no way should half a month of work give a player such a huge advantage over 1.5 years and 2 level caps. As the current pattern plans out, next season's primary gear should be on par with the eye/para-filled gear of this season, adding more balance to the gear differences between players. No matter what, i see the new, upcoming arcane weapons to be op well over a year from now, possibly a year and a half to two years if decked out with eye gems, which is too late to change anyway.

Twink levels have already been greatly affected by these gems and are now made much more exclusive because of that. Already it would take years of itemization for the damage to be controlled, so the best decision would be to allow the existing gems to be limited only to these levels (more of a past-time) so that the endgame (which is the main focus of the game) can actually improve for everybody rather than a select group of people.

Anyona
02-02-2016, 03:28 PM
The thing is that in the next expansion para and eye gems will be extremely rare. Therefore meaning para/eye gears will be hard to come by. Mages will suffer a lot without eyes as they pretty much make mages able to kill rogues/warriors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illidan
02-02-2016, 03:31 PM
No.

actually, twinks will be still buying them , so where is problem? price will go up anyways, cuz there will be less of them

Jazzi
02-02-2016, 03:51 PM
The idea is generally not bad, but it is taken out of the context of the current game reality. The jewel system is quite broken and +5 main stat jewels and higher are unreachable for the average player. Further all your concerns are only relevant in pvp, which is a bonus side of a pve orientated game.
There is a reason why noble jewels are so expensive, in fact more expensive than the "oh so op eyes". Noble finesse jewels are already better than the second para and pretty much better in pve than eyes (at least from a rogue's perspective)

Anyway as long as the jewel system is broken and higher tier jewels are a mirage, the cheaper " op" gems should stay in the game imho.

Jazzi
02-02-2016, 03:53 PM
The thing is that in the next expansion para and eye gems will be extremely rare. Therefore meaning para/eye gears will be hard to come by. Mages will suffer a lot without eyes as they pretty much make mages able to kill rogues/warriors.

Last but not least this^^. Lack of eye will nerf mages greatly.

debitmandiri
02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Pls no, ppl earned those gems by efforts. it will not ruin the game, top tier main stat jewel are in par with it (i know its expensive and rare but so does paras and eyes ?).
This is for comparison :
#full eyes rogue para have 910-920dmg 60%crit,
#full noble rogue para have 1010-1020dmg 43%crit.
PURE stat pet nekro. its not like comparing bloodruby fang combo vs arc.ring p.pendant combo lol (too far), they are still similar

PS : im no longer using gems and not owning one of them, all my gears filled by jewels (except para).

i think u should be worry about arcane weapon, what ever ur gems / jewels no weapon = GG :wink:
(try compare kershal vs 36mythic staff thats the gap :p )

Zylx
02-02-2016, 05:01 PM

There is still quite an abundance left (a guildie of mine was trying to sell 8 eyes yesterday), and i know there are several hoarders left out there.

Gear should only be accented by the gems and jewels, not defined by them.

People in the game also tend to confuse each class role as a solo class, not as a tank class, damage class, or support class, and they get angry when they see that the tank has low damage, the rogues are squishy, and the mage has low damage and are squishy.

The tank class (warrior) is mainly there to take aggro away from the rest of the group and absorb the damage. Tanks in AL are mostly efficient with this style, although could use a few tweaks in maintaining aggro and being able to absorb a bit more damage before dying.

The damage class (rogue) is there to deal damage to single enemies and eliminate the most problematic enemies first. This class is the most perfected in the game and i dont think needs any tweaking.

The support class (mage) is there to control enemy groups using AoE debuffs, as well as heal the group and place buffs to the party. This class needs a lot of work, mainly with the heal skill. The heal skill seriously needs a revision. Mages are also a bit too squishy than they should be.

Classes are meant to work together, not independently against each other.

In no way should a mage surpass every stat of an average rogue though. That is utterly ridiculous

debitmandiri
02-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Another theory :
eye gems now worth 6.5-7m (at that price still not so easy to find one, go try urself if u dont believe :wink: ).
maximum gear slots are 18 (arcane/mythic) thats mean u need 17x6.5-7m = 110-119m one slot left for para, how much para at next cap do u think ? I bet it will be cost minimum 20m so u need 130-139millions of gold to make it full eyes para, and u cant re use it

someone OP coz he has full eyes para ? let it be ! he deserves it, look at the ammount of gold he needs. have u ever farm 140million gold in entire ur life ? :wink: , secondly there are not many of those gems left, i can bet there are only 1:1millons player that has full eye para next cap.

Anyona
02-02-2016, 05:12 PM
There is still quite an abundance left (a guildie of mine was trying to sell 8 eyes yesterday), and i know there are several hoarders left out there.

People in the game also tend to confuse each class role as a solo class, not as a tank class, damage class, or support class, and they get angry when they see that the tank has low damage, the rogues are squishy, and the mage has low damage and are squishy.

The tank class (warrior) is mainly there to take aggro away from the rest of the group and absorb the damage. Tanks in AL are mostly efficient with this style, although could use a few tweaks in maintaining aggro and being able to absorb a bit more damage before dying.

The damage class (rogue) is there to deal damage to single enemies and eliminate the most problematic enemies first. This class is the most perfected in the game and i dont think needs any tweaking.

The support class (mage) is there to control enemy groups using AoE debuffs, as well as heal the group and place buffs to the party. This class needs a lot of work, mainly with the heal skill. The heal skill seriously needs a revision. Mages are also a bit too squishy than they should be.

In no way should a mage surpass every stat of an average rogue though. That is utterly ridiculous

You do not need to educate me on the roles of each class, I am well aware of them. Eyes are essential for mages.

They're unable to kill rogues due to their stuns not being affective because of nekro. They rely on crits.

Zylx
02-02-2016, 05:17 PM
You do not need to educate me on the roles of each class, I am well aware of them. Eyes are essential for mages.

They're unable to kill rogues due to their stuns not being affective because of nekro. They rely on crits.

Then that's something that a revision to the skill system would help, not a bunch of old gems.

If something helps a class, then it should be available to everyone, not just a select few.

Anyona
02-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Then that's something that a revision to the skill system would help, not a bunch of old gems.

If something helps a class, then it should be available to everyone, not just a select few.

Eyes are available to all classes. I agree, the skill system is currently bad but we don't know what STS' plans are for the new skill mastery system so I can't comment on how that will balance things out.

I am not saying "Bring para and eye gems back" I am just simply outlining that the mage class will certainly suffer the most with eye gems gone.

A jewel combination recipe is something which could potentially fix this and imo it is something which should be implemented.

Bidiel
02-02-2016, 05:35 PM

Emma stone *.*

Enviado desde mi LG-P768 mediante Tapatalk

Edward Coug
02-02-2016, 05:38 PM

Perhaps, a compromise would be better. Instead of limiting eye gems to lvl 46 and under, make lightning jewels into a poor man's version of eye gems. In their current state, lightning jewels simply aren't worth using and won't be for several seasons.

extrapayah
02-02-2016, 05:41 PM
limiting the use of of para and eyes is almost no different with removing those, and it's simply not fair to the holder

sts simply need a system/limited time event, to trade unsocketed eyes to tier 9/10 primary stat jewel, and unsocketed para gem to tier 9/10 chaos jewel, and everyone will be happy, and socketed eyes/para to tier 4/5 primary/chaos jewel and make all jewels cease to function, because i'm pretty sure paragem also hurting balance in twink, with this, sts can have clean start with jewels in AL, also please don't forget about the powerful reinforced jewels :P

along with this, they need to improve nature/water/lightning/diamond jewel, and make them equally available in better chance, along with other jewels

lastly, if you're really going to take into consideration about these feedbacks in forum, before that, you might also want to know that not everyone in this forum are actually playing the game, so please don't take all these consideration blindly,

thank you

Edward Coug
02-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Maybe someone should put out an authentic-looking fake STS announcement saying that paras and eyes aren't going to be socketable in the next expansion. That would probably get rid of a bunch.

Seriously though, was the player who impersonated Remiem and put out the fake announcement punished? I know more than a few players who got conned into selling their paras and eyes sooner than they wanted. Clearly, it violated the TOS. Disappointing that a player so bright would use their talents that way and surprising that they would risk losing their account over something so petty.

csyui
02-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Originally i had the idea to give a deadline and remove the remaining unsocketed gems from the game, but that idea was countered with this exact argument.

Now, i support the idea of limiting the existing eyes and paras to lv46 and under. For the sake of the upcoming gear balances and general improvement of the game, the only way to effectively transition to the new jewels system is to manually end the scaling of the old and overpowering para and eye gems.

You would certainly still be able to use these gems for twink gears and they would still greatly retain value. But the only way the game can move on and take a step from the past is to start a whole new slate with new gear limited to what's currently available.

In no way should half a month of work give a player such a huge advantage over 1.5 years and 2 level caps. As the current pattern plans out, next season's primary gear should be on par with the eye/para-filled gear of this season, adding more balance to the gear differences between players. No matter what, i see the new, upcoming arcane weapons to be op well over a year from now, possibly a year and a half to two years if decked out with eye gems, which is too late to change anyway.

Twink levels have already been greatly affected by these gems and are now made much more exclusive because of that. Already it would take years of itemization for the damage to be controlled, so the best decision would be to allow the existing gems to be limited only to these levels (more of a past-time) so that the endgame (which is the main focus of the game) can actually improve for everybody rather than a select group of people.

1. This is a PvE based game, most of players don't even play PvP, let alone twinks. All your personal concern is related to the PvP part, but for most of us, we won't mind if one of party members has para/gem which can help the team finish dungeons faster.

2. We are talking about the para/eye gems, not blood/fire/glacial gems. Yes, there are still a few these gems left, but they are very rare and expensive. Try to find a 'real' para/eye gems seller with limited gold these days, you will see how hard it is. When lv51 expansion comes, it won't be easy for you to meet a lot para/eye equipped players in PvP room.

3. It is simple, full noble gem > full eye gem > full para gem. Who you really need to be worry about are those fully equipped with noble jewels.

Zylx
02-02-2016, 07:13 PM
1. This is a PvE based game, most of players don't even play PvP, let alone twinks. All your personal concern is related to the PvP part, but for most of us, we won't mind if one of party members has para/gem which can help the team finish dungeons faster.

2. We are talking about the para/eye gems, not blood/fire/glacial gems. Yes, there are still a few these gems left, but they are very rare and expensive. Try to find a 'real' para/eye gems seller with limited gold these days, you will see how hard it is. When lv51 expansion comes, it won't be easy for you to meet a lot para/eye equipped players in PvP room.

3. It is simple, full noble gem > full eye gem > full para gem. Who you really need to be worry about are those fully equipped with noble jewels.

1.) PvE is more heavily focused on STS's side, yet many players only PvE to farm gold to afford to compete in PvP, where all the fun competition is. Sure, you can run the same map repeatedly for seemingly no reason over and over and over again, but most of the fun in the game is in PvP.

2.) The fire/blood/glacial gems are matched by jewels, and they aren't extremely op as the eye and para gems. Yes, they are relatively rare and expensive, but what good does that do to the middle class? There are more out there than you think, and it has been long overdue for these to expire in endgame, especially since they give their owners such a huge advantage.

3.) If you honestly believe the Noble gems are best, then why are you defending the eye and para gems? Why are you so much against the limitation of an item that you believe is outweighed by something available today? Im not worried about the noble gems, eventually they'll be more readily available as more are farmed and will soon be more common than they are now. They can easily be farmed for, given the amount of time a player has to work for it.

ThaAnas
02-02-2016, 07:40 PM
just to sum up ...
hard work = running event
holding para and eye = to get more gold
for people who havent played that time = lost 10-20 m only because 1 event

seems to me very hard to run an event @.@'
waiting for reply

Zylx
02-02-2016, 07:46 PM
just to sum up ...
hard work = running event
holding para and eye = to get more gold
for people who havent played that time = lost 10-20 m only because 1 event

seems to me very hard to run an event @.@'
waiting for reply

These gems were a reward for reaching plat tier, so it wasn't strenuous work like a leaderboard reward

ThaAnas
02-02-2016, 07:51 PM
1.) PvE is more heavily focused on STS's side, yet many players only PvE to farm gold to afford to compete in PvP, where all the fun competition is. Sure, you can run the same map repeatedly for seemingly no reason over and over and over again, but most of the fun in the game is in PvP.

2.) The fire/blood/glacial gems are matched by jewels, and they aren't extremely op as the eye and para gems. Yes, they are relatively rare and expensive, but what good does that do to the middle class? There are more out there than you think, and it has been long overdue for these to expire in endgame, especially since they give their owners such a huge advantage.

3.) If you honestly believe the Noble gems are best, then why are you defending the eye and para gems? Why are you so much against the limitation of an item that you believe is outweighed by something available today? Im not worried about the noble gems, eventually they'll be more readily available as more are farmed and will soon be more common than they are now. They can easily be farmed for, given the amount of time a player has to work for it.

You cant compare middle class anymore... Since all prices got lower the middle class should be happy enough.
There must be something to focus on if u want to show ur best stats... jewels are for all reachable eyes and paras not ...
Look what happens with the price of nekro if everything got the gear to farm arena like nothing.
Nothing has his value anymore, if u complete glinstone still lower level things are better than this... so what to reach then?
Sure noble jewels are expensive but it does not give u smth special.
I havent played to that time when para and eye event was, I defend those items just because it shows that not everyone is able to have it.
1 year ago there was nothing to get (eg Arcane Eggs [Maridos, Glacian, Nekro] Arcane Ring]

Zylx
02-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Another theory :
eye gems now worth 6.5-7m (at that price still not so easy to find one, go try urself if u dont believe :wink: ).
maximum gear slots are 18 (arcane/mythic) thats mean u need 17x6.5-7m = 110-119m one slot left for para, how much para at next cap do u think ? I bet it will be cost minimum 20m so u need 130-139millions of gold to make it full eyes para, and u cant re use it

someone OP coz he has full eyes para ? let it be ! he deserves it, look at the ammount of gold he needs. have u ever farm 140million gold in entire ur life ? :wink: , secondly there are not many of those gems left, i can bet there are only 1:1millons player that has full eye para next cap.

Further on down the line when lv46 is considered a twink lvl, that full eye/para gear can be sold for a great value. It's not that much of a profit loss, considering you've used it as well.

Zylx
02-02-2016, 08:24 PM
limiting the use of of para and eyes is almost no different with removing those, and it's simply not fair to the holder

Are you being serious? Twinks would pay millions for these jewels and still very much use them. They would still retain great value and there would always be a demand for them. They just wont be apparent in endgame, which is the main focus of the game. It's certainly fair for the hoarders as well as the players who weren't so fortunate to have been here over a year ago.

sts simply need a system/limited time event, to trade unsocketed eyes to tier 9/10 primary stat jewel, and unsocketed para gem to tier 9/10 chaos jewel, and everyone will be happy, and socketed eyes/para to tier 4/5 primary/chaos jewel and make all jewels cease to function, because i'm pretty sure paragem also hurting balance in twink, with this, sts can have clean start with jewels in AL, also please don't forget about the powerful reinforced jewels [emoji14]

along with this, they need to improve nature/water/lightning/diamond jewel, and make them equally available in better chance, along with other jewels

lastly, if you're really going to take into consideration about these feedbacks in forum, before that, you might also want to know that not everyone in this forum are actually playing the game, so please don't take all these consideration blindly,

If this was directed towards me, news flash, i came back about 3 weeks ago.

thank you

Responses are in bold

eugene9707
02-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Maybe i'm too futuristic, but i feel like a lot of you who are saying that "stats jewels are just as good as eyes" didn't think about balance in the long run...

Using the number i've given before, at lv 71, eye will give +5 +5 +5 +1.57 crit, which is +15 stats and 1.57 crit, in one gem slot !!

assuming STS decide to release +13 jewels (+1 for every new expansion) it will take 531,441(3^12) cracked jewels to make it.

So tell me.... is reaching plat tire in a single event (some people can do it in 2-3 days) then put the gem in stash for 4 years more effort than farming 531,441 cracked jewels?

I guess i might as well buy some for 7mil now and sell it 4 years later for 99mil each

Jazzi
02-03-2016, 02:29 AM

So you are looking at the classes from a PvE perspective, yet your concerns about the gems is from a pvp perspective. I am getting confused now. Those gems are not an issue in PvE and making them not usable for it makes absolutely no sense at all. The only thing one would achieve by doing so is an even higher jewel price.

P.S. comparing a fully maxed mage to an average rogue makes even less sense imo ;)

Earlingstad
02-03-2016, 02:33 AM

I agree with Energizeric and Zylx but I also agree with you. What you have mentioned does have a solution.

Sts can release a new pendant or ring - styled in a way that gives a bonus for each class - for example, for mages it gives bonus crit. (Same thing that a eye does)

Zylx
02-03-2016, 02:35 AM
So you are looking at the classes from a PvE perspective, yet your concerns about the gems is from a pvp perspective. I am getting confused now. Those gems are not an issue in PvE and making them not usable for it makes absolutely no sense at all. The only thing one would achieve by doing so is an even higher jewel price.

I was referring to a more team-based PvP perspective not an individual PvP one. My explanation of the classes was more to explain why the gems were making the mage more of a combination of all three classes rather than as a support class which is the way it should be.

Tatman
02-03-2016, 07:47 AM
I won't repeat what I've already said a dozen times. I'll just say this:

Either remove old gems - there are many ways to do that in a neat fashion, it's been discussed a lot already.

Or reform the jewel system and make jewels better than gems.

Thank you.

Schnitzel
02-03-2016, 07:22 PM
I won't repeat what I've already said a dozen times. I'll just say this:

Either remove old gems - there are many ways to do that in a neat fashion, it's been discussed a lot already.

Or reform the jewel system and make jewels better than gems.

Thank you.

In PL a while ago, they set high liquidation prices on "Forgotten" Weapons, and the economy's quantity of them dropped to where there are only collectors that have them now.

Maybe same can happen with the gems.

And as for jewels, I would like that the gems replaced only the mind/fury/finesse jewels, but kept all the other jewels.

Zeus
02-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Maybe someone should put out an authentic-looking fake STS announcement saying that paras and eyes aren't going to be socketable in the next expansion. That would probably get rid of a bunch.

Seriously though, was the player who impersonated Remiem and put out the fake announcement punished? I know more than a few players who got conned into selling their paras and eyes sooner than they wanted. Clearly, it violated the TOS. Disappointing that a player so bright would use their talents that way and surprising that they would risk losing their account over something so petty.

There's no evidence to ban anyone, especially if it was done through a third party app. There are a lot of impersonators on Line (a third party app that many who play AL use).

Zeus
02-03-2016, 11:26 PM
In PL a while ago, they set high liquidation prices on "Forgotten" Weapons, and the economy's quantity of them dropped to where there are only collectors that have them now.

Maybe same can happen with the gems.

And as for jewels, I would like that the gems replaced only the mind/fury/finesse jewels, but kept all the other jewels.

That will be horrible for the economy if that happens. The forgotten weapons generated huge amounts of inflation that PL never recovered from. Now, people need to bring 20 characters (gold cap is 10M/char there) just to buy a 200M weapon...

Schnitzel
02-04-2016, 01:09 AM
That will be horrible for the economy if that happens. The forgotten weapons generated huge amounts of inflation that PL never recovered from. Now, people need to bring 20 characters (gold cap is 10M/char there) just to buy a 200M weapon...

Lol I forgot about the inflation part

I guess the only option would be to tweak the jewels so that they are better than gems

Edward Coug
02-04-2016, 12:23 PM
There's no evidence to ban anyone, especially if it was done through a third party app. There are a lot of impersonators on Line (a third party app that many who play AL use).

Evidence irrefutably tying the player to the fake AL announcement that tricked players into selling paras and eyes would probably be difficult if not impossible to get. Of course, the STS's system of enforcement does not involve attorneys and a courtroom. Their burden of proof, it seems, is quite lower.

That said, I doubt anything happens. It's just very disappointing that a player of that kind of talent, with a clear passion for the game, would feel it was ok to dupe the community for what he or she believed was the greater good. It would be one thing if it were poorly done. But it wasn't, and players really did fall for it.

Zeus
02-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Evidence irrefutably tying the player to the fake AL announcement that tricked players into selling paras and eyes would probably be difficult if not impossible to get. Of course, the STS's system of enforcement does not involve attorneys and a courtroom. Their burden of proof, it seems, is quite lower.

That said, I doubt anything happens. It's just very disappointing that a player of that kind of talent, with a clear passion for the game, would feel it was ok to dupe the community for what he or she believed was the greater good. It would be one thing if it were poorly done. But it wasn't, and players really did fall for it.

The lesson I would take from that is to never take information from a secondary source to be guaranteed. Until I read something on forums for myself, I personally don't see it as real information. I don't agree with what happened, but I'm listing ways to prevent it for next time.

Golem
02-04-2016, 01:15 PM
I am so sure this para gems/eyes will destroy this game if sts not bring them back. Just wait.

Earlingstad
02-08-2016, 08:28 AM
I vote for "no para and eye on levels above 46" and "'new jewelry please."

debitmandiri
02-08-2016, 10:26 AM
anyway no matter what gems u are using if ur team messed up then it GG (in equal gear condition). at pve no matter what gem u are using, slow pt is a slow pt (FACT). so these "no gems allowed @ next cap suggestion" are senseless.
team is no 1, second is gear ( pet), rest are jewels/gems. why bothering the last thing u need if dont have no.1 and no.2 . im out ty :wink:

Goen
02-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Im just observing many opinions above.
So the main problem is on pvp ? So why dont make the extra bonus of the para and eye gem not working on pvp (main stat still counted)
On the other side - on pve, not bring any commution, even makes other players on the team happy, so no need to eleminate the bonus - just working like current condition.

Thats just my oppinion...

Lethoiun
02-08-2016, 02:09 PM
What if sts makes it where u can't socket eye or para on anything above 46 to keep it out of endgame

Zylx
02-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Just a thought. The eyes and paras do actually have a negative affect for PvE.

I've heard the argument "i'd love to run with people who stack the eyes and paras".

Ok, say you're in a town or guild looking to organize a party with strangers to run planar tombs. Two mages come up to you and would like to join, but you only have one slot available. Mage1 has a full eye/para set of gear, and mage2 has the same gear filled with weak mind jewels. They both have the same pet. Mage1 has substantially more hp/crit/damage than mage2 despite the similar gear. In a difficult map like Planar Tombs, who would you honestly invite?

Most people would go for the one that stacks the eyes even if they werent the one who asked to join first. That leaves mage2 in the dust because they weren't around to take advantage of the eyes and paras events. How is that fair?

People tend to have preference over eye gemmed mages rather than non-eye mages.

Edward Coug
02-08-2016, 07:40 PM

I've heard the argument "i'd love to run with people who stack the eyes and paras".

Ok, say you're in a town or guild looking to organize a party with strangers to run planar tombs. Two mages come up to you and would like to join, but you only have one slot available. Mage1 has a full eye/para set of gear, and mage2 has the same gear filled with weak mind jewels. They both have the same pet. Mage1 has substantially more hp/crit/damage than mage2 despite the similar gear. In a difficult map like Planar Tombs, who would you honestly invite?

Most people would go for the one that stacks the eyes even if they werent the one who asked to join first. That leaves mage2 in the dust because they weren't around to take advantage of the eyes and paras events. How is that fair?

I've played with far too many really good "Mage2s" and really bad "Mage1s" to judge players by their gear.

Kingofninjas
02-09-2016, 10:50 AM

This same argument applies for every class. Obviously you would want to run with someone with better stats. This will be an issue even if eyes and para gems are no longer socketable, but next time between superb/ noble and weak/ standard. Do you want to get rid of noble and superb jewels too?

The most likely scenario is the party leader would leave both hanging and invite a rogue.

Tatman
02-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Do you want to get rid of noble and superb jewels too?
Yes. If STS grossly overhype their next big thing, like you know "woowee jewels coming, yay yay woohoo", and then it flops like LeBron vs the Dubs, you know.

Zylx
02-09-2016, 12:32 PM
This same argument applies for every class. Obviously you would want to run with someone with better stats. This will be an issue even if eyes and para gems are no longer socketable, but next time between superb/ noble and weak/ standard. Do you want to get rid of noble and superb jewels too?

The most likely scenario is the party leader would leave both hanging and invite a rogue.
Obviously each class has its uses and comparing classes vs jewels/gems is like comparing apples to oranges. Say you actually want a mage to run with you, and then the same scenario i previously described happens.

Class balance is an issue in the class structure. Thus it can be fixed by tweaking something in the class (perhaps the new skill mastery system coming up would help?). This kind of fix shouldn't be substituted by gem augmentation, because gems dont overpower the whole class to be competitive with other classes, it only overpowers a select few of the class and it ruins the balance within the class.

Haligali
02-09-2016, 01:13 PM
No.

playing 2 hour during 2014 halloween and buying eye gems for 400k after winter event isn't hard work (or at least that's what i did).

Edward Coug
02-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Obviously each class has its uses and comparing classes vs jewels/gems is like comparing apples to oranges. Say you actually want a mage to run with you, and then the same scenario i previously described happens.

Class balance is an issue in the class structure. Thus it can be fixed by tweaking something in the class (perhaps the new skill mastery system coming up would help?). This kind of fix shouldn't be substituted by gem augmentation, because gems dont overpower the whole class to be competitive with other classes, it only overpowers a select few of the class and it ruins the balance within the class.

Wouldn't that same person pick a full noble jewel mage over a full weak/standard jewel mage? The cost and stat gap between the two is still substantial. I don't really see how this is apples to oranges. A gap is a gap.

I think you're better off making your case for PvP, where stacking eyes makes a huge difference and you can't use effigies to make up for lost crit.

Zylx
02-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Wouldn't that same person pick a full noble jewel mage over a full weak/standard jewel mage? The cost and stat gap between the two is still substantial. I don't really see how this is apples to oranges. A gap is a gap.

I think you're better off making your case for PvP, where stacking eyes makes a huge difference and you can't use effigies to make up for lost crit.

Perhaps noble and superb jewels should also be removed as King said.

Edward Coug
02-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Perhaps noble and superb jewels should also be removed as King said.

I assume you're joking. If jewels are capped at +6, we might as well get rid of slots.

Earlingstad
02-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Jewels are accessible- even nobles- albeit after a substantial amount of time and effort. But Para and eyes are better than current jewels (the bonus from the first) AND are not coming back. Hence, apples to oranges.

Edward Coug
02-09-2016, 02:23 PM
Jewels are accessible- even nobles- albeit after a substantial amount of time and effort. But Para and eyes are better than current jewels (the bonus from the first) AND are not coming back. Hence, apples to oranges.

Eyes 6.5 to 7m
Paras 11 to 12m
Noble finesse jewels 11 to 12m

Do you know any players who have successfully farmed a single noble main stat jewel? I don't.

Iove
02-09-2016, 07:38 PM
I agree.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
02-09-2016, 08:22 PM

I'll be honest here. I don't see as much domination of full eye players in PvP as people make it sound like there is. Yes, when one of the few full eye players actually does play a random game (which doesn't happen too much), they give their team a better chance at winning. But that isn't only because of gear. Coincidentally, most of the current full eye players are among the top of their respective classes and usually only clash with players of similar gear. Howany truly full eye (more than 10 eyes and 1 para) players can you name?

Also, the gap between noble and standard jewels will always remain. 4*18= 72 primary stat, which adds up to roughly 80 damage and whatever other benefits that gives. The only solution to make things entirely equal is to remove crafting slots in gear like it was in the nordr expansion.

To all those commenting on my suggestion to remove superb and noble jewels, please don't take it out of context. It was merely meant to make a point, that whether it is gems or jewels, some will always have better stats than others.

Kingofninjas
02-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Eyes 6.5 to 7m
Paras 11 to 12m
Noble finesse jewels 11 to 12m

Do you know any players who have successfully farmed a single noble main stat jewel? I don't.

Eyes are actually 7.5-8m.
Para are 14-16m.
Judging by current trend of price increase, by expansion maybe 10 players in AL will be able to afford full para/eyes. If they are willing to drop 200-300m on it, let them enjoy the stats that come with it.

Tatman
02-09-2016, 09:47 PM
I'llIt was merely meant to make a point, that whether it is gems or jewels, some will always have better stats than others.
That's true, but it's not the point. The point is the people with better stats are and will remain those with discontinued gems vs those with the new and supposedly better jewels. This is a complete flop to me.

Serancha
02-09-2016, 09:50 PM

No class should be relying on an event reward to remain competitive. If this is indeed the case, people should be discussing why it is that mages feel they need eyes to compete and what sts might be able to do to fix the issues with the class. Using this as a reason not to move on past items 18 months old isn't really a good argument.

Personally I am tired of nothing ever becoming obsolete because people think if they work for a week for something, it should be good forever. Nothing should work that way. If there is not new and better stuff to earn, and you can still use the old stuff and be "top" (or must use the old stuff to be "top") then we remain in a stagnant state, people get bored and the game loses population. People leave which leads to more boredom and the spiral continues.

Kingofninjas
02-09-2016, 10:48 PM
No class should be relying on an event reward to remain competitive. If this is indeed the case, people should be discussing why it is that mages feel they need eyes to compete and what sts might be able to do to fix the issues with the class. Using this as a reason not to move on past items 18 months old isn't really a good argument.

Personally I am tired of nothing ever becoming obsolete because people think if they work for a week for something, it should be good forever. Nothing should work that way. If there is not new and better stuff to earn, and you can still use the old stuff and be "top" (or must use the old stuff to be "top") then we remain in a stagnant state, people get bored and the game loses population. People leave which leads to more boredom and the spiral continues.

The reason mages are dependent on crit (and hence eyes) is because Nekro took away our main offensive ability: stuns. Now, mages play the role of mana machines and rogues with much better survival. 3 skill mages can kill just as effectively as rogues and the support ones play the intended role of the mage class.

I understand that lightning jewels also give crit, but rogues would 1 combo us through shield. I have 244 str and 722 Int, and about 1540 armor if I maxed out passive. I still can't even tank 2 combos from a rogue without dying. I only get to survive past the first combo because of all the eyes in my gear. If I replaced them all with lightning jewels, I would lose significant damage and over 600 hp (not taking into account the weakened shield because of loss of Int and str).

Zylx
02-09-2016, 11:35 PM

The reason mages are dependent on crit (and hence eyes) is because Nekro took away our main offensive ability: stuns. Now, mages play the role of mana machines and rogues with much better survival. 3 skill mages can kill just as effectively as rogues and the support ones play the intended role of the mage class.

I understand that lightning jewels also give crit, but rogues would 1 combo us through shield. I have 244 str and 722 Int, and about 1540 armor if I maxed out passive. I still can't even tank 2 combos from a rogue without dying. I only get to survive past the first combo because of all the eyes in my gear. If I replaced them all with lightning jewels, I would lose significant damage and over 600 hp (not taking into account the weakened shield because of loss of Int and str).

For the fiftieth time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues. Rather than fixing it for everyone, it just masks the issue with a buff for a limited number of people. Why is it okay for someone who worked a week to have advantage over people who worked a year to try and catch up to them, and still are coming short?

Eyes and paras should go because they are simply too overpowered.

Kingofninjas
02-10-2016, 12:12 AM
For the fiftieth time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues. Rather than fixing it for everyone, it just masks the issue with a buff for a limited number of people. Why is it okay for someone who worked a week to have advantage over people who worked a year to try and catch up to them, and still are coming short?

Eyes and paras should go because they are simply too overpowered.

How many people do u know who farmed all the eyes/ para they are using now? Anyone can buy the gems if they have enough gold.

Zylx
02-10-2016, 12:18 AM
How many people do u know who farmed all the eyes/ para they are using now? Anyone can buy the gems if they have enough gold.
Even still, the eyes are discontinued, so the only way to get them would be to buy them off of another player, which is still kind of messed up. The best thing should always be obtainable from the game, not solely from the market.

Serancha
02-10-2016, 01:52 AM

When did you become a mage?

I believe you missed my point about an event reward not being an appropriate way of addressing what are game-wide balance issues.

Tatman
02-10-2016, 05:58 AM
I fail to understand why gems had to be discontinued and replaced with jewels, if the proposed solution to remain competitive is "buy gems from the hoarders".

Kingofninjas
02-10-2016, 10:39 AM
When did you become a mage?

I believe you missed my point about an event reward not being an appropriate way of addressing what are game-wide balance issues.

I am not missing anything. I am saying that if that is the only way to get class balance, we shouldn't be asking for it to be taken away.

Zylx
02-11-2016, 12:23 PM
I am not missing anything. I am saying that if that is the only way to get class balance, we shouldn't be asking for it to be taken away.

*facepalm*

For the 52nd time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues.. gems dont give class balance, they only make a select few OP and actually makes the class further unbalanced. Instead, STS needs to work on the core skill/stat system to "balance" the entire class

Kingofninjas
02-12-2016, 10:43 AM
*facepalm*

For the 52nd time, gems/jewels are not an appropriate substitution for class balance issues.. gems dont give class balance, they only make a select few OP and actually makes the class further unbalanced. Instead, STS needs to work on the core skill/stat system to "balance" the entire class

When that happens I will agree with you. But class balance has been coming through weapons. Sure, tanks got a jugg buff, but it's all the OP weapons they got that set them at the top of the food chain. I see eyes and para gems as other such items to raise a class, just like the arcane sword and mythic set has done for tanks.

Ardbeg
02-12-2016, 02:54 PM
Gear balance is pretty good now, gems and jewels aside. Nekro, AR and PP are in reach of everyone with some effort and jewel progression makes it hard to get a real heads up. the jump from superb to noble jewel set cost how much for 18 prime stats? In that light i shake my head that paras and eyes are still allowed to give so much boost. It s the opposite of all other decisions regarding balance this game has taken.

Ipoopsy
02-23-2016, 02:38 PM

P.S. comparing a fully maxed mage to an average rogue makes even less sense imo ;)

Very well said. Most people like him complained/whined is because , they don't have any more Eyes/Paras Gems anymore. So their mentality is , "if i don't have it, might as well not let everyone have it."

Like i mention a long time ago on a similar topic, as time goes by, those gems will eventually be depleted. And if someone happens to hoard it and not use it, it wouldn't affect PVE/PVP anyway, because it's just collecting dust in the STASH.

greekAL
02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
my opinion just let the para eyes buffs count only in pve so no1 will complain ppl still can use them!all ppl still can play pvp!

Platfarmer
02-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Very well said. Most people like him complained/whined is because , they don't have any more Eyes/Paras Gems anymore. So their mentality is , "if i don't have it, might as well not let everyone have it."

Like i mention a long time ago on a similar topic, as time goes by, those gems will eventually be depleted. And if someone happens to hoard it and not use it, it wouldn't affect PVE/PVP anyway, because it's just collecting dust in the STASH.

I thanked your post cos i have para and eyes in my stash :D