PDA

View Full Version : What would make this game a lot better

Flamin
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Please see my new thread, it is a revised version of this one.

The game needs to show how much xp a player is getting instead of it just saying “+xp”.
The xp bar needs to list a number of how much xp is left until the next level.
The cooling bar needs to be accurate.
There needs to be shops at the town, so players can buy equipment in game (because that would be a lot more fun.)
There also needs to be a story mode, quests, worlds to explore, more achievements.
There should be titles that players can add to their name.
There should be different kinds of gold chests.
There needs to be more classes and more skills for each class.
There needs to be more attributes, instead of just dexterity, strength and intelligence.
There also needs to be more different kinds of stats.
Players should be able to create clans and join other clans (basically there should be clans or guilds).
There should be public chat so that everyone can see what you (a player) type.
And there should also be a clan chat, so that only people who are in the same clan as you (a player) are can see what you (a player) type.
And players should also be able to send messages to friends.
There should be pvp modes and clan wars, and things like that where players can fight and put down stakes to see who will win and get the items/gold. About that, there should also be an option so players do not have to place/set any stakes.
There should be a lot more game modes, so that players can have more fun and a never ending fun.
There also needs to be a lot more different kinds of enemies, like dragons, orcs, goblins, ghosts, giant spiders, giants, wargs and several others too.
There needs to be a separate virtually button for auto attack, because the way auto attack is now, is not working very well, and is glitch.
Another thing is that the game sorting is not working, and joining a friend’s game is also not working.
Players should also be able to invite their friends and other players to join their game, or the game they’re in.
There needs to be more different kinds of equipment like shoes, gloves, cape, rings, bracelets, pocket items, necklaces, and class items.
Players should be able to decide to either display certain equipment so that other players can see them, or hide the items so that the stats still apply but just other players don’t see the item on their character.
Players should also be able to buy dyes so that they can dye different parts of their equipment different colors, according to how they like it.
Players should also get to buy pets, which would help them fight.
Players should be able to trade with other players, and there should also be a confirmation screen so that players don’t get scammed (basically just make the trading safe).
There also need to be a larger variety of all equipment in general.
There needs to be a bank so that players can store their items (this would be nice).
The max level needs to be a lot higher (something like level 120).
Players should also be able to change their character names, and customize their character looks and gender.
There really needs to be a story mode with quests and stuff, like in all the other mmorpg games.
There also really needs to be some pvp modes and clans.
The helmet needs to actually display itself and be visual instead of hidden.
When players view other players, they should be able to view their equipment and what their equipment is called.
There definitely needs to be more achievements and different kinds of achievements too.
Players should be able to earn titles through achievements and be able to choose a title out of what they have earned to add it to their name (like “John the necromancer”). And different titles should give different bonus stats.
And when players earn achievements they should also get a reward, like a little gold and an item.
There really needs to be different kinds of gold chests, and different kinds of enemies.
At the end of each level players should get a certain amount of stuff/bonuses/items depending on how much they helped/killed during that level.
There should be a sorting option, so the list of games would be listed by dungeon pack.
(DEV TEAM, READ THIS PART PLEASE) The feature I think is the most urgent update and needs to be done the soonest, is sorting game packs so that players can actually find the games they want to join. The second most urgent update that needs to be done the soonest is more levels and level packs. And the third is adding all of the ideas and feature suggestions to the town.
There needs to be a pure buff class, where all skills are to give buffs to help other players, like what some of the enchantress skills are. but the class would be more like a pure healing and some skills to make enemies weaker, but alot more healing skills.
It would be nice if players health and Mana would reset to max before players joins a new game.
There needs to be an option to decreas skill rank and get back some skill points. Because some players decide they dont want to rank up one skill but rather want to rank up a different skill.
players should have to collect keys by doing something (like collecting it through a gold chest or by killing an enemy) to open the door to the boss room, and once they have the key all they have to do it walk up to the boss room door then the door will automatically open (or just disappear). If you guys add in this feature then also add in a map of the level so that players wont get stuck because they can't find a room.
On buffs like blessing of might and skills like that, there needs to be something that tells players the time remaining until the buff no longer is affecting them.
There needs to be an extra tab next to the skills or friends tab that lists the achievments players have earned.
(CRAFTING) Players should be able to do crafting and learn different crafting skills, and level up in crafting, and have to acquire recipes to use for crafting. In crafting, players should be able to make equipment and other things too.
On the crafting there would only be recipees and not any materials needed like Buvet said so that players dont end up with 200 "twigs" and not enough "rocks".
There could be different Vocations.
Scholar: which would be able to produce a wide variety of scrolls, potions, dyes, and other useful items. All recipees that a scholar uses tend to show up as treasure from humanoid foes. recipees can also be obtained from artifacts.
Armorour: Metalsmith, tailor, prospector
Armsman: Woodworker, weaponsmith, prospector
Tinker: Jeweller, cook, prospector
Woodsman: Woodworker, farmer, forester

Well, that’s about all I can think of right now, I also liked several of the other reviews because of their ideas. If someone has anymore ideas just post it here. By the way I am the same person who wrote that review just like this.

Oh by the way I have a request, Could one of you administrators change the title of this thread to "All Suggestions, comments and Ideas"

Rylin
04-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Great big wall of text. Might want to break up your ideas into sections or put into a list ;)

After reading all of it, I do agree with almost all points made.

rdurham527
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
I agree with some of your topics, and the guy above me. Need to make a more organized list or seperate text lol some things however will be hard to implement. Since this game is for mobile devices, and not a computer or console game, some ideas will take a very long time to implement. Good list though, i like it

asommers
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM
These are fantastic ideas and a lot of them resemble ideas we have on a big whiteboard here in the office. Keep them coming and we'll get to them as soon as possible. Our main focus with the launch and release was to build something fun, scalable, and flexible including the community to shape its future.

-ALS

Flamin
04-13-2010, 11:01 AM
On the loot there should be a need/greed/pass option so that people get the item needed for their class. And if two or more people say greed or need then they roll a random dice to see who gets that item. And bosses should have lots more loot.
There should be a separate button for the auto attack.
Another thing is that players should be able to go to town and there should be a smith there that can upgrade weapons. To upgrade a weapon, the player should have to kill x amount of enemies with that weapon, and also the smith should charge some gold for each upgrade. I just think this would be a really cool feature.
Also there really needs to be vendors at the town. And a grand exchange or auction house at the town too where players can post things they want to sell and at certain prices, and also view things they want to buy and find the best deal for that item. The town should be alot larger with lots NPCs that give players quests to do.
And if the game gets too complicated for some players you can just like make a advanced town and advanced storymode and other things for players who are more experianced. Like players could unlock new towns with vendors that sell higher level items, as they get to be higher levels. for example once you turn level 15 you unlock the second town. And to add to that each town should have a little different back ground or at least every 3 towns or every other town.
About the pets, There could be a pet shop with a pin and a vendor that sells pets.
When players talk to vendors, a screen should pop up showing the stuff available to purchase with gold. And it should be gold used and not real money.
And there should be a few fishing ponds where players can fish, and get better fishing poles, fishing bait, and better fish too. And players would also be able to increase their fishing skill aka upgrade their fishing skill.
The town should be a lot bigger area too.
And the thread about Two Impressive Improvments by Garrison, And also the thread about Extra feature by Ezetquiel, These contain very good ideas too.
(I will be posting more things to add to town)
And another thing is I think this game should also be for the computer and not just the ipad, iphone, and ipod touch.
And also I agree with Avilux, we do need a vote kick. A way to kick a player who is just leeching.

and as mefiik said "maybe will be better to make bigger party 5+ members and more specific jobs (magic- healer, dark magic... Warrior- dual sword.. etc... you get the point..)"
and another quote of idea is what Rylin said
"-Character Customization
-Trade System, where players can buy, trade, and sell things to other players.
-Invite friends to games
-Mana/Health refreshed upon start of new dungeon
-Form parties/buy equipment/partake in 'mini quests' from npc's in town
-Create Guilds/Clans
-Private messaging
-PvP
-Greater variety of enemies
'Bank' to store items
-Visible Helmet Gear
- more Achievements, and larger variety and different kinds of achievments"
- grand exchange or auction house

There needs to be a lot more, a ton more, higher level raids. And as ArtofLife said “I don’t know about you guys, but 2 dollars per 5 levels is way too weird, and 5 levels is too easy to reach. No challenge at all.” And as Sir Darkened says, “With all these packs do you ever plan on having a sale? Also when will the level cap stop? Seeing as $2 per 5 level ups starting at 10. Doing quick math you pay $20 for 50 level ups. So will future packs level higher (IE. 40-50)? As well do you plan on having a double xp weekend or something?”
Basically there needs to be more levels per an expansion, a lot more levels. And also there needs to be a sort/filter play by dungeon pack. It would be cool for some places to have different/multiple floors. There should be events like festivals, +50% xp weekend, discount weekend and stuff like that to keep players interested. Just a suggestion but I think It would be nice if you guys would reply more often to our ideas, suggestions, and questions.
You guys could also add in giants, there could be ice giants for the lost expedition, and there really needs to be inter account trading. A bank could be used for inter account trading, all characters on one account would all share the same bank, would share the same items in the bank. This would be a way to implement two ideas with one stone.
There should be different kinds of armor like light armor for enchantress, medium armor for archer, and heavy armor for warrior. And there should also be a follow option so players can follow other players.
And could you add in Ice giants, and some other different enemies too? And on the lost expidition or another expantion could you make the levels with mutiple floors or something? because that would be really awsome. And also could you add in more than just 5 levels, It should be more like 10 levels or something. Anyway I just hope you consider these comments, ideas and questions, and hopefully relpy to them. I'm a curious person who would really like to know more about upcoming features, expantions and updates.
There should also be a minimap, that would help alot, or just a map of the dungeon that players can pull up. And on the enchantress, players should be able to change gender to enchanter, instead of if players want to be a wizard they dont have to be a female but they can also be a male. Players should be able to change this feature not just when they first create their characters but also later, so that they do not have to create a whole new character to change genders.
The sound effects are not very good they need to be more basic. And with the music, players should be able to use their own itunes library. There should be more achievments, and a larger variety and different kinds of achievments. There should also be bigger parties, instead of just 5 members of a party there should be able to be more. And also it is too easy to accidently remove friends from the freinds list, this definantly needs to be fixed, by adding a confirm option or something saying are you sure you want to remove from this player from your friends list.
There should also be a save password check box. The warrior is way underpowered, it needs to be more of a tank with higher health and area damage.

Ezetquiel
04-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I totally agree with all that. But I think that is good to prioritize. For example trade is not on the same step with change your clothes colour...

I know this list is not a rank, but there is a lot of upgrades to do. And it need to conscientiously carry out.

@asommers I have so much hope put on your whiteboard... keep up the good work!

best regards

--
Ezetquiel

Flyingcookie
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I disagree about things such as crafting or pets but otherwise yea... This list is full of great ideas =), what about more combos? ;)

Reaper
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
I like idea of crafting :)

Jamie
04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
It would be good if we could add those titles we keep getting to our name so it looks like

(TITLE)
(YOUR NAME)

Or something, It would also be good maybe if you could pay $1 to change your name so you don't have to make a whole new character if you decide you like a different name.

Maybe also add a button to see how long you have been playing for on your current session

Flyingcookie
04-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Custom titles would be useless imo... We need titles you have to earn, but the game is a bit too simple for titles atm i think =)

Flamin
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Custom titles would be useless imo... We need titles you have to earn, but the game is a bit too simple for titles atm i think =)

I agree, no custom titles, you have to earn the titles by doing achievments or getting to certain levels or something

Mez
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
The main thing that did disappoint me was the lack of hat graphics. The game feels a bit unfinished without them. One way around that would be to change the hat slot to an amulet slot, or something that wouldn't be represented by a graphic.

Flamin
04-13-2010, 07:23 PM
The top Four priorities in my opinion. The first is to add a lot, a ton, longer game play (because 25 levels is way to easy to achieve) and the Second is to apply all of the ideas about the town/towns to the town/towns. And the third priority in my opinion is to add a story mode with a huge world and lots of quests and stuff to do (lots more stuff, and things to do too). The fourth priority would be A trading system where players can trade with other players and can also inter account trade too. Because mmorpg games are supposed to be almost impossible to beat.

There should be an option on the forums to be able to change the title of your thread.

Buvet
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't think that it's needed to have crafting... In a lot of mmos crafting goes out of control and you end up with 200 "twigs" and not enough "rocks". The one thing I'm really looking for is the separation of race and class. I think that if I want to play an ursan Mage, I should be able to. Also, more variety in those areas, right now three classes is just not enough. A fully healing class is very much needed.

burst
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
There Should be a town were you can trade and buy things. this would make it even better. It should be more of a free room. beside that this game is really fun and addicting. I hope the creators read this and maybe improve it.

Flamin
04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
The one thing I'm really looking for is the separation of race and class. I think that if I want to play an ursan Mage, I should be able to. Also, more variety in those areas, right now three classes is just not enough. A fully healing class is very much needed.

I agree with this part, and nice idea.

Zithorio
04-14-2010, 01:23 AM
You shouldn't be able to steal stuff from other players! Twice in a row this guy got the last blow to a creature and both creatures dropped blue titled items, none of which he could use and one I could! Infuriating I say inconcievable!!!!

KronicDecay
04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I agree, no custom titles, you have to earn the titles by doing achievments or getting to certain levels or something

I agree with this. Why not get the titles on our avatar when we get the 200,300,500 kills achievements. What else are they for anyway?

KronicDecay
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
You shouldn't be able to steal stuff from other players! Twice in a row this guy got the last blow to a creature and both creatures dropped blue titled items, none of which he could use and one I could! Infuriating I say inconcievable!!!!
This happens to me on a daily basis. Shouldn't have some level 8 in a level 17 game taking loot they can't use

Flamin
04-14-2010, 10:08 AM

This is why I suggested the need/greed/pass looting system.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree with this. Why not get the titles on our avatar when we get the 200,300,500 kills achievements. What else are they for anyway?

Ya but player would also get a reward for achievments, and also a stat increase or something. players need to be able to view the achievments they have earned.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Ya but player would also get a reward for achievments, and also a stat increase or something. players need to be able to view the achievments they have earned.

I dunno, I think that the reward is the pride gained from having the title itself. I think titles are not necessarily about gaining a statistical edge, it's about being able to say "I succeeded at this!", which helps to prove themselves to other players, a social aspect that is very important to players in many MMOs.

Flamin
04-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Please see my other thread, and post your ideas suggestions and comments there.

woodfeet
04-13-2011, 08:08 AM
If they want to make game better fix gcd and leave the other "improvements " the way they are