PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of Choice

Battlegrinder
06-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Ok, I'm a lvl 35 Paladin, planning to go 173-105 str-int, and was wondering about what high lvl weapons players prefer to use. I normally use either shield+hand ax. I haven't been using 2 handed weapons much lately because I can't use a shield and then I take to much damage and die :( (Thank goodness for bears doing crowd control or I'd never survive a dudgeon crawl). Anyway I'd just like to know what weapons you prefer. I would ask in the enchantress forum, but I never use magic weapons and that's mostly what they talk about.

Arterra
06-27-2011, 11:47 PM
Ill give you the entire item guide lol

Lv30-40
Iceburg items will work fine thru swamps and ao1. You can replace iveburg axe with a swamp or skeller return Trident/fork for break armor effect. Mainly for bosses.

Lv40-45
Replace pieces of your iceburg gear with either lv40 Osiris gear or lv41/43 ao2 Thoth/Isis gear.

@lv45
Equip yourself in full Isis gear. Get a spear so as to have break armor effect.

Lv45-50
If you can find ao3 lv45/47 gear, go for it.

@lv50
Now you have choices.
-you can do the cyber quests to get free cyber armor set and level more easily to 53. Con: not that great set.
-do mystery armor set quests/crafting in ao3. Again, not as great but usable.
-buy rift set, or hate set.
-get to 51 and simply use lv51 sewer rooter gear (orange) or fury set if you can afford it. Sword, not axe. Gives better spell power.

Lv50-55
-either stick out with whatever gear you started your sewer farming on, or keep updating at lv51/53. Updating might make you look better and getless booting, but means more expense. Rooter all the way.

Battlegrinder
06-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I usually go to the auction every 5 or so levels and buy the best armor available, so I can usually afford any armor I think I need. Currently I have Legendary Zombie's armor and Saintly shield, with the Scalefield helm and a lvl 34 rusted ax of Legend. I am not to concerned with collecting items sets, and choose most of my items on aesthetic grounds. Are items sets really that important?

Arterra
06-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Ah well if you have the dough by all means, get yourself lv45 or 47 ao3 stuff to boost up,and either get hate set or lv51 fury.

I always give the option that costs a little less, so everybody can follow it. Swamps gear is a great addition between iceburg and Isis.

As for sets... tbh all ao2 stuff looks the same. Just get Isis equipment and a spear. Of you can afford one, either a conqueror or a zuraz shock lance instead. That item kicks mighty @55.
And yes try to get the full sets of rift, hate, or fury, since hate and rift I think give a nice stat bonus with completion. lv51 fury does not, but it provides higher overall stats anyway.

Battlegrinder
06-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Ok, thanks for the clarification. This was a big help.

Conradin
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
i say use iceberg long sword, chest and a (best helm you can find) through 45 for mana regen. I could tank plasma in that gear.

Dethwarior
06-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Mystery armor has great H/s for the warrior armor

Zeus
06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
i say use iceberg long sword, chest and a (best helm you can find) through 45 for mana regen. I could tank plasma in that gear.

Wouldn't a lance work better?