PDA

View Full Version : Coding for games

Vigilante
02-04-2016, 03:39 PM
Do any of you guys know any sites to code for a game that is simple rather than something complicated? Basically for beginners?

Schnitzel
02-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Do any of you guys know any sites to code for a game that is simple rather than something complicated? Basically for beginners?

You could always try to do command line games.
They aren't as flashy or attractive as the games you see in the app stores, but still considered a "game"

examples would include:
CommandLine Battleship
CommandLine TicTacToe

I remember learning to write BattleShip in Python from Codecademy...

wangkj
02-04-2016, 11:10 PM
yes codecademy very boring but educational. You like Python ruizhe? I program in java

Schnitzel
02-05-2016, 01:23 AM
yes codecademy very boring but educational. You like Python ruizhe? I program in java

Yeah, I learned Java from taking AP CompSci at school, and did some reading into the Java programming books.
I picked up Python a while later.

Python is currently my preferred language. (I've got nothing against Java, just grown more used to the Python way of things)

Burningdex
02-05-2016, 08:11 PM
yeah, they are made in javascript (for the most part); i believe, a little bit of python? We do codecademy in our software/programming class, id suggest that too start off :-), it can be long and boring, but it really really works well

Yohan Blank
02-10-2016, 09:13 AM
meh i only know gamemaker xd

Vigilante
02-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Well, instead of coding it is there an website that already does the coding for you and you can customize it?