Hey PL why not make the alternation of day and night,even whit rain or snow?:D

Roasty
06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Well guess what?! GUESS WHAT?!!!!

I like that idea...

noobmigo
06-28-2011, 11:49 AM
No! Nonononononononononononononononono!

You know why it's ALWAYS BRIGHT IN ALTERRA? (ABIA?)
BECAUSE OUR AWESOMENESS GLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZzz.

Roasty
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
It isn't bright in the shadow cave huh?! AH?! AH?! :D

Ovocotto
06-28-2011, 12:24 PM
O.o

Silentarrow
06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I like the idea of changing weather. It is a small change that makes a big difference.

Register
06-28-2011, 01:00 PM
another thing is that it should effect attacks! like certain weather would make certain skills better! like lightning would do better debuff in rain. And sunny weather would raise accuracy of everything!

Silentarrow
06-28-2011, 01:15 PM
That sounds good, also snowy weather would slow you down a bit.

Register
06-28-2011, 01:18 PM
that would be cool! but mages ice storm should do extra damage or a longer freeze

Ovocotto
06-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Hope u like my idea PL:) and ty guys

PatsoeGamer
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM

KingFu
06-30-2011, 12:29 PM
I like the idea, but it won't go well with all the zones. For example, if there's a snow in AO, or a rainbow in LE, it doesn't really help support the campaigns setting, as well as the day and night suggestion. I like the idea, and it has been suggested before, however some zones just should stay how they are IMO.

nazgulking
06-30-2011, 12:50 PM
I support the idea + 1
I suggest that ceratin areas have some preset weather effects associated (E.G. AO -> Sandstorm, sunny; Swamps -> fog, sunny, rain...) And everytime you host a new map a random weather effect will be chosen, with sunny beign the most probable of all of 'em

Kraze
06-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Eh sounds like a battery killer to add a bunch of effects

Ovocotto
06-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Ty all guys im so happy haha:D

Chant
06-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I like the idea, but it won't go well with all the zones. For example, if there's a snow in AO, or a rainbow in LE, it doesn't really help support the campaigns setting, as well as the day and night suggestion. I like the idea, and it has been suggested before, however some zones just should stay how they are IMO.

Frozen Nightmare -----------> Melted Heaven :)

nmyxspaceship
06-30-2011, 11:16 PM
well it does snow during xmas

xBearSpiritx
07-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I like this idea... it will create more of an ambience and add more realism to the game.

Conradin
07-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Heres it snowing at xmas- so the tech is tgere to do it.

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/e5ce7cd3.jpg

romgar1
07-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Just for fun, if the Devs ever do a series of hell dungeons, it would be fun to see it snow there during christmas.

ZeraJade
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Eh sounds like a battery killer to add a bunch of effects

This was my second thought. My first thought was 'Holy crap! Imagine the constant lag if suddenly there is rain everywhere and then lightning and add that to the sewers and I'd be lagged to a burnt dead crisp.'

Thirdly, time of day. Who's time of day? If you go by my day/night schedule outside, then everyone in Asia will always be opposite. If a set timing schedule is implemented such as 4 hrs = 24 hours (3 hrs day, 1 hr night) then you are not just adding a visual to the game but you are actually creating TIME within the game that can be measured in real time.

Occasionally adding special effects is one thing, but on a continual basis is too much for a phone based game.

Side note: PC games- when given the option to turn weather off, I always turn it off.

Kraze
07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
This was my second thought. My first thought was 'Holy crap! Imagine the constant lag if suddenly there is rain everywhere and then lightning and add that to the sewers and I'd be lagged to s burnt dead crisp.'

Thirdly, time of day. Who's time of day? If you go by my day/night schedule outside, then everyone in Asia will always be opposite. If a set timing schedule is implemented such as 4 hrs = 24 hours (3 hrs day, 1 hr night) then you are not just adding a visual to the game but you are actually creating TIME within the game that can be measured in real time.

Occasionally adding special effects is one thing, but on a continual basis is too much for a phone based game.

Side note: PC games- when given the option to turn weather off, I always turn it off.

Can't agree more. I know there is a number of tablet users playing but at heart this is a phone game. Extra lag faster battery death is bad. Also the time zone issue could be a problem. Can already see the OMG devs hate _____ because it's always night here during my peak play time. But I to always turn off weather when given choice. I don't need the clutter

xBearSpiritx
07-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Just for fun, if the Devs ever do a series of hell dungeons, it would be fun to see it snow there during christmas.

Yes, either that or have the sky rain down with balls of fire!