PDA

View Full Version : Is making a warrior worth it?

Neutrone
02-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Ive played rogue and mage before (mainly rogue) and I kinda got bored of that fast paced gameplay (in pvp). I COULD make a warrior but my only problem is that they have VERY low demand when it comes to farming. So I wanted to ask you guys how you handle these situations? What are your farming alternatives? Do you enjoy using a tank? Do you enjoy pvp? How frequently do you get kills? Are you fine with this? What lvl would you suggest someone to twink so that they can get a hang of using a warrior before going to endgame? What arcane pets would you recommend?

Please try to answer some or all of these questions. Arigato gozaimasu.

Ign Mustang

Greatankush
02-06-2016, 12:44 PM
i didnt read it all but my short answer is: NO
i have wasted a lot of time in my warrior and its useless now. be happy with your rogue and mage.

oekeone
02-07-2016, 12:46 AM
Ive played rogue and mage before (mainly rogue) and I kinda got bored of that fast paced gameplay (in pvp). I COULD make a warrior but my only problem is that they have VERY low demand when it comes to farming. So I wanted to ask you guys how you handle these situations? What are your farming alternatives? Do you enjoy using a tank? Do you enjoy pvp? How frequently do you get kills? Are you fine with this? What lvl would you suggest someone to twink so that they can get a hang of using a warrior before going to endgame? What arcane pets would you recommend?

Please try to answer some or all of these questions. Arigato gozaimasu.

Ign Mustang

It is worth making a warrior I sent like probably 500k on it without pets here's the stats I mean its OK lol for farming elites and arena I mostly use it for fang farming and wt4/km3 146611

Ravager
02-07-2016, 10:35 PM
Many warriors nowadays have either switched to rogue or maybe even mage. The ones that stick around are mostly due to the fact that they invested too much in their warrior and probably dont want to start again with another character but if they could go back in time would choose a rogue. Maybe even mage. Theres no major benefit to switching to warrior and nothing your rogue cant do that a warrior can. Rogue is best character in both pvp and pve.

oekeone
02-08-2016, 12:59 AM
Many warriors nowadays have either switched to rogue or maybe even mage. The ones that stick around are mostly due to the fact that they invested too much in their warrior and probably dont want to start again with another character but if they could go back in time would choose a rogue. Maybe even mage. Theres no major benefit to switching to warrior and nothing your rogue cant do that a warrior can. Rogue is best character in both pvp and pve.

Mage is best in pve for the control of mobs and fastest runs and warrior is the best for elites and support

Zaizor
02-08-2016, 05:34 PM
So I wanted to ask you guys how you handle these situations?
What are your farming alternatives? Do you enjoy using a tank?
Do you enjoy pvp?
How frequently do you get kills? Are you fine with this?
What lvl would you suggest someone to twink so that they can get a hang of using a warrior before going to endgame?
What arcane pets would you recommend?

I've only played as a warrior for three years, I don't have alts. I still love it, but I've farmed it to death and apparently am considered OP.

I don't play PVP, it's always nonsense drama, fighting, and childish behavior. I get enough of that in real life.

Since I run for gold in PvE, kills isn't something I'm concerned with, just cash.

I don't twink, I've ridden my end game warrior for a while. Where ever the cap stopped, that's where I was, farming, running, saving for the best gear.

My build is pure strength, and all strength related abilities. I use a Toor for an arcane pet. I suggest Nexus if you ever need mana bursts/recharge, Ethyl for a budget pet that adds some punch and slows mobs, I use Blinky, Yowie, Malison, Breeze, Gyrm, Courage, Blight, Nilbog, Abbadon, Slag, (I have a few more that I use, but I renamed them and forget what they're originally called.)

But like other's have said, I invested three years in this toon, I'm not changing, I dont' get a lot of time to play, so rather than use alts, I use this, and it works just fine for me. But, it's three years invested. If you're looking to farm, stay a rogue or mage.

Invalid
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM
If your more of a tanker (attracts mobs and higher health) then you should. Warriors sometimes with the right gear and pets can also be pretty good at pvp.

Ulfric
02-11-2016, 08:27 AM
don't waste your time. i was a good tank. i know when to use my skills and how to keep team mates alive but recently mage and rogues have become way too strong that they dont need warior to run maps anymore. better fast dps run than with tanks. they are getting left out so i sold all my stuff and made a mage with nekro, planars pendant, arcne ring and glintstone gun and im loving it. i just feel sorry for those arcane pets and good legendary pets left unused on the warrior. but for duels and pvp wariors still kick ***. warriors are the only class that can defeat a rogue fair and clean (with axe throw and chest spliter) ezzz

Teddy Ray Robbins
02-11-2016, 02:22 PM
I am a warrior and they just nerfed the arc sword afer all bought, for one week the warriors were finally able to be of equal threat, and finally relivent again, now sword is no good and ask any warriors that having quit playing after today, they all agree,we are the class that is obviously not needed, I will quit also today, I've spent too much money to be nerfed or " bug fixed" ,when rogues complain about something, they get their way, they have been able to one shot hit crit us ,noone cared,so obviously the warriors class and feelings are errillivent,short answer,, NO,don't build warrior, we get no respect: (

Drasiteal
02-12-2016, 08:46 AM
I have all.three alts and do almost only pve so thats my perspective. I must say i really like tanking hard elite like garetta and planr tombs. Its good to have rendtails arcane ring and planar pendant together with aegis. Arcane ring and planar pendant u share between your alts so all u need is the aegis to get a really good tank. And a decent pet. imo for tanking singe is number one. I have nekro to and use it sometimes for helping pt with his aa and for some.bosses. And then go for legendary assult gear and a legendary belt and u can gem it cheap to begin with using diamonds. And then shift out to some fury over time. then u will have a awesome tank. For easy solofarming with mobs i like using my mage its fast. And for maps where the boss is hard to kill a rogue is.not bad. But my tank is good there to. But solo.farming is not the.strongest part for tank. But to just have one rogue or mage with u works nice on most elite maps. I reccomend to get a tank its a different ballgame. In pt your main concerne is not to do damage.its.to.take.damage and.keep.all.safe :)

Starlordxx
02-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Warrs are awesome now lol

Luciano Lobo
03-07-2016, 01:36 AM
If you don't have troubles in going solo or not doing timed runs, warriors is the best class for every map. Not even with a mage or rogue you will be able to run elite maps solo easier than a warrior and you don't need the best gear just decent gear and a good pet.

piaoruim
03-08-2016, 11:03 AM
dar para português

Challenge here any rogue or mage to go a duel with me !

I can prove to pvp or duel , Warrior is the best option !

BlackPigeon
03-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Warrior is the best I have all 3 classes. Warrior not a waste , next update i bet people going be demanding warrior for tanking jobs . the warrior is under rated because most dont know how to use a warrior. When i join games with GrayPigeon, i am taking over , and have to remind a mage and a rouge . "keep clam ..real tank here". I find it cute when a mage and rouge try to tank, lure , pile up. I passed them and take 3×mobs they were trying to attemp . Warrior is the best class for pve . i not pvper. Hands down . warrior owns maps. Like it or not . I proved it last night. The point is warrior's aggro and take lead, white mage and rouge kills. Warrior is the best and will be in demand . Look up GrayPigeon. All i do is take over.

IronWolfert
03-08-2016, 11:34 AM
i still love my war toon, although sometimes war get no love. in the end, its all up to your preference, whether to get a war toon or not. cheers.

BlackPigeon
03-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Excuse my typos . i on the road while waiting on updated .
My question to all .
What are your warrior builds?
Mine is simple and almost like playing snes.
Skills
C.S 5/5
Jugg 5/5
VB 5/5
Heal
Passive
Def 5/5
Str 5/5
Intell 5/5
Agi 5/5
Crit 5/5
Gear at the moment
Dragon stalker of assualt
Glitsone Maul.
I tank map with this set up. To be real..a true tank use wepon and '''shield """ i seen a good few real tanks. I mean shield def skill with the gear. The damge with a warrior is great, the weapon ability is great. Saving for my dragonsword .

Little Table
03-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Aegis is same op wpn, proc kills mobs like mini mage, for pve best buy.

uecho
03-09-2016, 09:50 AM
Juggenaught is op:)

Ulfric
03-18-2016, 03:25 AM
lol now i'm thinking about going back to tank. They becoming OP once again. I love we can play tank skillfully instead of those squishy mage. But mages are still the best role to have fun in both pvp and pve except duels

sipackong
04-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Im enjoy play tank, but is possible a tank run solo elite? (shuyal, tindirin, rengol)

Exxotik
04-20-2016, 03:00 PM

I dont think warrior is all that bad it could be actually worth switching to but i really dont think rogue is the best in anything ive played it before, its expensive, they die a lot and many other downsides but mages have the arcane shield healing any status ailment and granting three seconds of invincibility. Warriors cant make fast gold besides merching or km3 but thats the only downside for me its cheap, good in pvp. I mainly play warrior and mage but i play rogue sometimes i dislike it i only use it now because of bard dailies lol

Exxotik
04-20-2016, 03:08 PM
I am a warrior and they just nerfed the arc sword afer all bought, for one week the warriors were finally able to be of equal threat, and finally relivent again, now sword is no good and ask any warriors that having quit playing after today, they all agree,we are the class that is obviously not needed, I will quit also today, I've spent too much money to be nerfed or " bug fixed" ,when rogues complain about something, they get their way, they have been able to one shot hit crit us ,noone cared,so obviously the warriors class and feelings are errillivent,short answer,, NO,don't build warrior, we get no respect: (
Yeah warriors do get no respect just nerfed and fixed Sts should make it fair like a damage and health increase because a warrior around 8k-9k health can still get 1 hit from a rogue with 30 crit and rogues complain when they get in the arena with warriors which is actually really stupid warriors deserves ways of getting gold and not get disrespected and discriminated while doing it.

jonathan4210
04-27-2016, 08:48 AM
I just started a warrior. Im lv14 now, and I havent seen a sword/shield drop ever. All I find are two handed axes, swords, and mauls. And when I check the auction, all weapons in my level range cost about 500 gold, yet sword and shield weapons are priced over 40k. Why are they so hard to get? Im a shield lover in rpgs. Will this be a problem even in endgame?

Robhawk
04-27-2016, 09:25 AM
I just started a warrior. Im lv14 now, and I havent seen a sword/shield drop ever. All I find are two handed axes, swords, and mauls. And when I check the auction, all weapons in my level range cost about 500 gold, yet sword and shield weapons are priced over 40k. Why are they so hard to get? Im a shield lover in rpgs. Will this be a problem even in endgame?

At endgame you just loot or buy the arcane sword and you are ready to go, no other weapon needed!

jonathan4210
04-27-2016, 10:09 AM
At endgame you just loot or buy the arcane sword and you are ready to go, no other weapon needed!

Whats the arcane sword? Is that like the strongest weapon in the game that everyone uses? Does it come in different forms (sword and shield, 2H axe, 2H maul, etc.)?

dinzly
05-11-2016, 01:29 PM
good weapons comes from event chest/elite golden chest/locked crates...thats all ty

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

dinzly
05-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Whats the arcane sword? Is that like the strongest weapon in the game that everyone uses? Does it come in different forms (sword and shield, 2H axe, 2H maul, etc.)?
arc sword no.1 weap for tank because of its insane lava pool proc..no.2 goes to glintstone aegis for its stacking shield that taunts the enemy plus add armor and BOOM!! ! all mobs dead.

for the design arc sword is 2H sword and for aegis comes with a shield..for 2H maul there u hv glintstone maul and old Maul of Ollerus (my dream weap)..latest weapon u can see new mythic 51 flame forged hammer..idk any good of it atm...ty

dinzly
05-11-2016, 01:45 PM
whats your current lvl now..if u r not endgame yet better use legendary weapon like galen maul potency/storm sword potency..it hv awesome proc like toor's AA

jonathan4210
05-12-2016, 07:27 AM
whats your current lvl now..if u r not endgame yet better use legendary weapon like galen maul potency/storm sword potency..it hv awesome proc like toor's AA

Now im lvl 29. For gear, I dont know if this is the normal way, but every 5 levels I just buy new legendaries from the CS. I always spend around 2k for a full set (including ring and necklace). I never found useful drops. I always relied on the CS for gearing up.

jonathan4210
05-12-2016, 07:29 AM
Also whats the best companion for a tank? I use courage, but I mostly bought the kit for the xp bonus.

Dopefx
06-10-2016, 12:35 PM
as others have said, make a rogue or Mage. I find myself left asking to pt for hours on my old tank and gave him up. my Mage with a nekro gets invites all the time without even asking. never really got into rogue due to lack of damage when it comes to aoe skills. not bolt is and aimed shot is all you need for bosses and it tends to get boring fast.

Dopefx
06-10-2016, 12:38 PM
I should add. warrior twink kicks butt. be weary of 18 to 20 range thought. rogues kick my butt but mages are easy again with the korruption nerf

Vuhoangtc1
07-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Warrs are awesome now lol
Yeah i think so

Mahlon
08-12-2018, 07:58 PM
I enjoy my warrior which was my first and main. I have a mage that's in the 60s and I really enjoy playing him but my warrior is so much better gear and pets wise. But all in all tank is fun

Allset
09-16-2018, 04:23 AM
i am leveling a warrior and have him up to lvl 60. I have all character classes and although the warrior has great survivability. It's my least favorite char class. I almost want to compare the char game play to watching paint dry. Just IMO.

Thewolfbull
09-17-2018, 12:32 AM
i am leveling a warrior and have him up to lvl 60. I have all character classes and although the warrior has great survivability. It's my least favorite char class. I almost want to compare the char game play to watching paint dry. Just IMO.

Tank is only good on the hardest of maps mostly useless for leveling and doing easy maps/events and you do need to rely on proc to do dmg/help team do dmg imo it's hardest class to play and do well at but once you do get good at it it's fun :)

Obooo
09-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Ya, in theory, tank should be useful in the hardest map. Btw, the hardest map? Are we talking about Hydra ... Laugh in Tears...

Ucamaeben
09-28-2018, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately we have many tanks that are not capable of tanking on the tougher maps. This, in the long run, ruins our credibility with the other classes.

I do have to say that I am also critical of undergeared and ineffective rogues and mages as well.

For any warrior, work on building your reputation with your guild and friends. You will find that once you have a good reputation, you will be invited to parties all the time.

Goodluck!

Tuhguhbuhbuh
09-30-2018, 08:21 AM
Nope! Unless they change warrior as a debuff class. Debuff mobs and bosses with their skills. Warriors will then def be invited to parties, especially elite parties or bosses with extremely high armour. Warrior has been a neglected class in this game like forever, just read all the old posts by warriors of yesteryear who either became rogue or subsequently quit.

SuperSquish
10-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Idk, I had fun