PDA

View Full Version : There's aaaa fire... starting in my heart

Dragoonclaws
02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Just want to make a thread where everybody agrees on a general way to solve troubles between guildmates.

First thing first, if you want a great guild that actually works, you need rules and must let everyone know. Rules are the lines that guide the guild towards the right way. Include ToS in them. Basically, it's all about common sense. Your guild might have requirements too.

The most heated problems happen when people misunderstand eachother. It also happens when people keep and gather too much hate towards someone in themselves. The best thing is to always tell the person when something is wrong, make sure that you understand what he is saying and what he is doing.

Now guilds. Before taking straight decisions, you want to talk to the player and judge him the right way. Judging doesn't always go following rules. The first thing to do is to try finding a solution that fits both parties. If you can't find a solution OR you notice that someone is not honest, then you grab your rules and judge BOTH parties following the rules.

Att
02-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Good work you deserve a cookie :surprise:

Ardbeg
02-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Lead a guild with hundreds of players of all ages and origins on your spare time and find out how many problems you can solve in your live!

Ebezaanec
02-06-2016, 08:41 PM
That's the beauty of human interaction. It's pretty ugly.

Dragoonclaws
02-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Lead a guild with hundreds of players of all ages and origins on your spare time and find out how many problems you can solve in your live!

I was leading top 1-2 guild in SL with 1500 players. 30-50 players active at the very same time. About 100 players active daily. <The Untouchables>, a great success in SL history. The game was down and lost interrest in StS eyes, but our guild was awesome enough to bring players to play. I was co-GM. I was choosing the officers in the guild. I had officers of all ages, going from 9 yrs old to 40. It was hard and time consuming. I saw sooo many problems, I lived many of them between my own officers. I fixed many of them, hearing both parties and bringing everyone back together. I came to this game and saw that life was waaaay easier and big guilds were raised and more awesome people.

I made this thread so we take most problems and try to find a way to fix all of then. There is always a pattern that keeps coming back so I want to figure it out.

PS: 30-50 players online confirmed by the game program string. If you type /who it will tell you how many people are in the same area and tell you their name. I think its /guildonline to check the number of people online in the guild and their names. It was going from 30 to 50 players. Insane activity. I dare you to beat that.

Serancha
02-06-2016, 09:58 PM
They removed /guildonline from AL about a year and a half ago. I don't think it ever came back.

Dragoonclaws
02-07-2016, 01:32 AM
9 years aren't allowed to be on MMOs

@_@

Having people online isn't the same as having a successful guild!

When you find 9 year old people... more mature and respectful then 13-17 years old things... And i said it was top 1-2 guild. We were ex aequo with <Secret Garden>. SL guild LB was all about having the most maxed players in the guild, so we helped player cap. Secret Garden was a dead guild, that suddenly woke up and they started making runs with 1h combo elixirs, creating new alts and trying to keep the their #1 rank. It was hot back in the times.

SL was a dead game and we somehow made it fun again, and gathered everyone together. The game that was supposed to die... well it was on FIRE.

Potato is me
02-07-2016, 04:25 AM
Most guilds that are big always have people who wants to feel superior through their ranking within guild, if u hate such stuff create a guild with just ur group of friends, 5 to 6 ppl who can interact well and thats enough. I was in such a guild before, really nice experience, we had a certain log in timing and would do maps just by ourselves, no one cared who is officer or just a member, we all earn lots of gold tgt cos we were very focused. Unfortunately if 1 person quits it is a huge impact to everyone and also such guild cannot have selfish and uncooperative people so i.e. such guild are of arcane rarity

Motherless_Child
02-07-2016, 07:44 AM
When you find 9 year old people... more mature and respectful then 13-17 years old things... And i said it was top 1-2 guild. We were ex aequo with <Secret Garden>. SL guild LB was all about having the most maxed players in the guild, so we helped player cap. Secret Garden was a dead guild, that suddenly woke up and they started making runs with 1h combo elixirs, creating new alts and trying to keep the their #1 rank. It was hot back in the times.

SL was a dead game and we somehow made it fun again, and gathered everyone together. The game that was supposed to die... well it was on FIRE.

Dead game?.... Well, it's easy to be a top 1 - 2 guild when no one is playing...........

Avaree
02-07-2016, 09:05 AM
I was leading top 1-2 guild in SL with 1500 players. 30-50 players active at the very same time. About 100 players active daily. <The Untouchables>, a great success in SL history. The game was down and lost interrest in StS eyes, but our guild was awesome enough to bring players to play. I was co-GM. I was choosing the officers in the guild. I had officers of all ages, going from 9 yrs old to 40. It was hard and time consuming. I saw sooo many problems, I lived many of them between my own officers. I fixed many of them, hearing both parties and bringing everyone back together. I came to this game and saw that life was waaaay easier and big guilds were raised and more awesome people.

I made this thread so we take most problems and try to find a way to fix all of then. There is always a pattern that keeps coming back so I want to figure it out.

PS: 30-50 players online confirmed by the game program string. If you type /who it will tell you how many people are in the same area and tell you their name. I think its /guildonline to check the number of people online in the guild and their names. It was going from 30 to 50 players. Insane activity. I dare you to beat that.

I see a lot of "I's"...... So much for team work....

Dragoonclaws
02-07-2016, 10:11 AM
I see a lot of "I's"...... So much for team work....

>>I<< know :p

no but seriously guys. It's about trying to find ways to make things simpler and better for everyone... not about my ol' guild.

kinzmet
02-07-2016, 10:33 AM
There's aaaa fire... starting in my heart

I thougth its about an Adele song lol

And about the age limit on playing AL, I can't find it anywhere forbidding 9 y/o to play since the game have "Guest" login option when you start. The only age limit would be the email address, but that depends on factors such as location.

Age requirements on Google Accounts

Below are the minimum age requirements to own a Google Account:
United States: 13 or older
Spain: 14 or older
South Korea: 14 or older
Netherlands: 16 or older
Other countries: 13 or older

But this depends on the country your in, in my country theres no law nor decree limiting the age to use email. But I could still be wrong since I can't find written age limit to play, if anyone have link or screenshot then I would be happy to see it.

Dragoonclaws
02-07-2016, 11:27 AM
There's aaaa fire... starting in my heart

I thougth its about an Adele song lol

And about the age limit on playing AL, I can't find it anywhere forbidding 9 y/o to play since the game have "Guest" login option when you start. The only age limit would be the email address, but that depends on factors such as location.

Age requirements on Google Accounts

Below are the minimum age requirements to own a Google Account:
United States: 13 or older
Spain: 14 or older
South Korea: 14 or older
Netherlands: 16 or older
Other countries: 13 or older

But this depends on the country your in, in my country theres no law nor decree limiting the age to use email. But I could still be wrong since I can't find written age limit to play, if anyone have link or screenshot then I would be happy to see it.

I don't think there is a nice way of proving someone is not old enough... Anyways, it's the parents responsibility to check what his kid is doing.

Serancha
02-07-2016, 12:55 PM
>>I<< know :p

no but seriously guys. It's about trying to find ways to make things simpler and better for everyone... not about my ol' guild.

What's so difficult and complicated?

• Make a solid set of rules and make them written in stone.
• Don't bend or ignore the rules for anyone.
• Forget 3 strikes and you're out. If you offend once, you get a warning. Next time you're gone. Waiting to boot just causes instability.
• Keep a list of people who have been booted so they don't keep getting re-invited.
• Don't promote people based on length of time in the guild or as a reward.
• Only make enough officers to do the job, and pick those who you can trust to do it properly and without losing their tempers. (No loose cannons)
• Disallow drama completely (unless you get off on that stuff). It makes for a much saner environment

A guild is a group of people who enjoy the same things. A guild is not a counselling centre or a therapy session. If you want spend all your gaming time counselling and mediating between your members, that's your choice. It is totally unnecessary though. Personally, I play a game to play and progress. Therefore I chose to build a guild with people who are also here to play and progress. Other people prefer different things, so they go to other guilds. Ultimately you need to choose what you want out of a group, and then search for those who are like-minded. Remember bigger is only better when it comes to some things - and guilds are not one of those.