PDA

View Full Version : Asus EEE Pad Transformer vs Acer Iconia Tab

WhiteAsIce
06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I've done enough searching, and it seems like most sites prefer the Asus Pad because it is cheaper. After all, the two tablets are nearly identical
Well get this: after having searched around, I can get a 32gb Asus Pad for $489, but I can get a 32gb Acer Tab for $329.

Price aside, what can you tell me about the differences between these two tablets that other websites fail to mention? Which one is better for running typical apps? Which one is better for gaming (i.e. Pocket Legends)? I know the basic differences, but I want to know from those who have used these tablets to share their experiences.

zamt
07-21-2011, 07:00 PM
The eee pad has a keyboard dock with more USB slots, sd card and another battery so get the eee pad.

aquaveridian
12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
HI, im using that eeepad transformer to play PL, and its been awesome!! never want to use other device to play PL from ever since.
the Asus Transformer is more expensive, but the docking keyboard is awesome!! it also working as extra battery. isnt that enough reason already??
oh, and maybe its just me,...but, watching amazement on ppl's faces when they caught us transforming the tab to notebook or vice versa...is priceless...LMAO

DanielRH
12-16-2011, 10:31 AM
I did ALL this research, spent literally 2 months deciding... and it really depends on budget, and style.

If your a geeky kind of person who wants all those awesome USB ports and stuff then the Asus and Acer fit into that category, the Acer apparently has had some problems (you should research it) and I would never buy an Acer device, they have TERRIBLE SUPPORT. The Asus has been ranked pretty high on the list, so that was definitely one of the ones I was thinking of getting.

What won out in the end was the Samsung galaxy tab which I got for $385, it won due to the positively stunning screen, the size and weight and the general look and feel of the device. Like the Ipad it only has one port and its not a full sized USB port (though you can get an attachment for that), the software is amazing and its getting an update to icecream Sandwhich soon, the only complaint that I have with it is the charging cable is only like 2 feet long.

Hope that helps some...

WhoIsThis
12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd recommend the Transformer. The screen is better quality. The overall build quality, experience, and most other things seem to favor the Asus.

Consider waiting for the Transformer Prime.

StompArtist
12-16-2011, 02:48 PM
New transformer tf-201 has a quad core...