PDA

View Full Version : Just downloaded Star Legends from Vcast Apps.

KrachenVogel
06-29-2011, 02:37 AM
3:30AM EST - Downloaded, and installed. When I open it, I get a message saying I need a newer version. lol Am I missing something?

I want to play!!!

Corpser
06-29-2011, 02:49 AM
its not out yet.
is it?

:confused:

serprus
06-29-2011, 03:05 AM
Upload APK or it never happened :3

KrachenVogel
06-29-2011, 03:08 AM
I found it for download on VCast Apps at around 3:09 AM EST. Installed on my phone with no problems. I suppose if the servers are not up, then it's not yet playable.

Boo! I got all excited there for a minute. Was gonna stay up all night. :p

Raulur
06-29-2011, 04:55 AM
I downloaded it too, and had the same error.

KingFu
06-29-2011, 04:56 AM
App must be ready but STS isn't:/

KrachenVogel
06-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Omg can't sleep. I'm so enthused, I feel like an idiot.

What time does spacetime start work? Noon Eastern time, maybe?

Yvonnel
06-29-2011, 05:16 AM
I don't see it available yet.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Me too waiting for new patch

KingFu
06-29-2011, 05:32 AM
My account with Verizon is locked and they won't unlock it for me since I'm not the account holder-.-

xoxo
06-29-2011, 05:57 AM
I have a Verizon droid x how do I get v cast apps?

Acyer
06-29-2011, 06:20 AM
I have a Verizon droid x how do I get v cast apps?
Ok some phones that are running 2.2 (froyo ) have a app called vcast apps which is like the android marketplace. Phones with 2.3 the app is called just Apps.

Samhayne
06-29-2011, 06:28 AM
its not out yet.is it?:confused:It is not supposed to be out yet. I'll have more details shortly.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 06:30 AM
It is not supposed to be out yet. I'll have more details shortly.
Guess someone slipped then cause its there.

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Ok some phones that are running 2.2 (froyo ) have a app called vcast apps which is like the android marketplace. Phones with 2.3 the app is called just Apps.

Nope. Here is a detailed guide on how to get to VCast Apps from someone who uses a DROIDX with 2.3.3 (was same before update as well):

1. Enter the Marketplace
2. There are three caregory selections: Apps, Games, and Verizon. Verizon on the right. Press it.
3. This has taken you to VCast apps. When SL is available, this is where it shouod show up.

On a side note: There are fake apps out there. Make sure to either wait fir the STS announcement or see that it is from STS before installing this app. I am just as excited as everyone else, but I will wait for the official announcement before I install just to be safe.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Nope. Here is a detailed guide on how to get to VCast Apps from someone who uses a DROIDX with 2.3.3 (was same before update as well):

1. Enter the Marketplace
2. There are three caregory selections: Apps, Games, and Verizon. Verizon on the right. Press it.
3. This has taken you to VCast apps. When SL is available, this is where it shouod show up.

On a side note: There are fake apps out there. Make sure to either wait fir the STS announcement or see that it is from STS before installing this app. I am just as excited as everyone else, but I will wait for the official announcement before I install just to be safe.

Or just use the app on your phone...

Twinkman
06-29-2011, 06:40 AM
ya just use the app im the menu

Acyer
06-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Sam just to make sure app is real the build number I have now is 1.0.0.0 (62403.71000.0) is that right?

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Or just use the app on your phone...

Ok. Something I never realized...

From the home screen, select you apps icon on the bottom of the screen. Once in your apps, there is an app called Aps which looks like a shopping cart shaped like a V. Press it and this takes you to a section of VCast apps I have never seen.

SL is not available from the normal marketplace Vcast apps section, but f you go through the actual app and search for Star Legends.... YAHTZEE!! I have it downloaded as version 1.0.0.0 but the homescreen says it needs to be updated.

Hope this helps, Sam and others.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Ok. Something I never realized...

From the home screen, select you apps icon on the bottom of the screen. Once in your apps, there is an app called Aps which looks like a shopping cart shaped like a V. Press it and this takes you to a section of VCast apps I have never seen.

SL is not available from the normal marketplace Vcast apps section, but f you go through the actual app and search for Star Legends.... YAHTZEE!! I have it downloaded as version 1.0.0.0 but the homescreen says it needs to be updated.

Hope this helps, Sam and others.
My theory was right then. Looking like only phones with the app can play beta.

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 07:00 AM
As of now but when the app is officially announced tbis might change. Guess we have to wait and see. Looks awesome so far! The shortcut is already on my games screen next to PL.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 07:03 AM
As of now but when the app is officially announced tbis might change. Guess we have to wait and see. Looks awesome so far! The shortcut is already on my games screen next to PL.
Yeah its cool looks all modern.

Yvonnel
06-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Guys just hang on. Sam said more info was forthcoming.

Although, it's really going to tick me off it I can't download it because I don't have one if the newest Verizon phones.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Guys just hang on. Sam said more info was forthcoming.

Although, it's really going to tick me off it I can't download it because I don't have one if the newest Verizon phones.
yep I hope all you guys can participate in beta.

Samhayne
06-29-2011, 08:09 AM

I doubt that will be an issue Yvonnel. I'm sure that Verizon makes V CAST available to all of their customers. But then again, I don't work for them, so we'll just have to see.

As for the app being up, here's what happened. We are all ready to go and had submitted to Verizon V CAST last week when we posted the announcement (Star Legends Poised for Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29393-Star-Legends-Poised-For-Limited-Android-Beta-on-Verizon-V-CAST)). However, things are held up for some co-promotional opportunities (marketing stuff and whatnot) to finalize. So, I think what you're getting is our original submission, but the server's been updated since then (we're still making the game more awesome-er).

Sorry for the tease and the continued wait. We can't wait to let you guys in to play and hear what you think, but not... quite... yet...

Look for a more official announcement later today with the skinny on the end of the HardLight Shield offer and more details.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Ugh I think I just died a little

Acyer
06-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Also should we keep this app or delete it or will it patch when its ready?

StompArtist
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Sorry for the tease and the continued wait. We can't wait to let you guys in to play and hear what you think, but not... quite... yet...

Ah! You folks have been talking to me wife!!!!

Yvonnel
06-29-2011, 09:03 AM

I doubt that will be an issue Yvonnel. I'm sure that Verizon makes V CAST available to all of their customers. But then again, I don't work for them, so we'll just have to see.

As for the app being up, here's what happened. We are all ready to go and had submitted to Verizon V CAST last week when we posted the announcement (Star Legends Poised for Limited Android Beta on Verizon V CAST (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29393-Star-Legends-Poised-For-Limited-Android-Beta-on-Verizon-V-CAST)). However, things are held up for some co-promotional opportunities (marketing stuff and whatnot) to finalize. So, I think what you're getting is our original submission, but the server's been updated since then (we're still making the game more awesome-er).

Look for a more official announcement later today with the skinny on the end of the HardLight Shield offer and more details.

Thanks Sam. I can't wait to check it out.

romgar1
06-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Im hoping Sam is right. I had a pretty in depth conversation with my friend who is a Verizon phone tech. She said there are only certain phones with the vcast app store loaded on them. There is no way to download vcast. Its built in with certain phone brands and not a part of the os. I know futumsh and others know more about it than I do. I hope she is wrong or I have the wrong information. I really want to beta this.
NVM I found out how to use vcast on my phone thanks to crimsontider. Thanks buddy. ROLL TIDE!

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 09:53 AM

1. Enter the Marketplace

This did not work for me. Star Legends was NOT in the list of apps I could download. I was able to find Star Legends by searching my Vcast App Store app. This is on the Xperia Play.

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks Sam!! You guys rock!

@Romgar: That's right!! ROLL TIDE!!

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
This did not work for me. Star Legends was NOT in the list of apps I could download. I was able to find Star Legends by searching my Vcast App Store app. This is on the Xperia Play.

If you noticed, I made a second post regarding this.

apoceq
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
My VCAST app doesnt work. I talked to verizon, they said the app doesn't work on all phones.

karmakali
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm excited about the release...can't wait!

Acyer
06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
My VCAST app doesnt work. I talked to verizon, they said the app doesn't work on all phones.
If it was not originally on the phone its not gonna work and you can not get it thru The market place as it is a vcast exclusive app.
Simpler terms:
Star legends is a vcast exclusive app is meaning it can only be downloaded from vcast and not from the marketplace- Verizon -vcast cause then it would lose the exclusive part. So meaning if phones with either Vcast apps (2.2) or Apps (2.3) app can download star legends.

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Ok so here is the problem i am having guys. I have a phone that comes stock with the vcast apps app. Lol. But i always get errors in it. And it wont let me view any of the apps. So how am i supposed to get b*?

I have tried everything. Root. Unrooted. Factory restore. Everything.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Ok so here is the problem i am having guys. I have a phone that comes stock with the vcast apps app. Lol. But i always get errors in it. And it wont let me view any of the apps. So how am i supposed to get b*?

I have tried everything. Root. Unrooted. Factory restore. Everything.
Ok rooting wont help it may have hurt ya. Even tho you try to unroot your phone it doesn't fully unroot it as some files spider web. Id cal Verizon customers support or tech support.

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 10:57 AM
O believe me it is fully unrooted lol. I had verizon send me another phone. And still a no go.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 11:01 AM
O believe me it is fully unrooted lol. I had verizon send me another phone. And still a no go.
Weird like I said call Verizon tech Support.
Btw which phone do you have?

apoceq
06-29-2011, 11:03 AM
They told me it doesnt work on my samsung fascinate, nor did it work on any of the NEW phones I just played with at verizon. lame!

Acyer
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
They told me it doesnt work on my samsung fascinate, nor did it work on any of the NEW phones I just played with at verizon. lame!
My buddy has a fascinate and it doesn't have the app on it. Think The list I seen was DROIDX droidx2 experia play and htc incredible had the app but there may be more.

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Im on the phone with them now and the have no idea. Lol..... This is why i dont like calling them. Ill let you guys know what i get figured out.

apoceq
06-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I tried it on the DROID X 2. and i get the same errors on that phoine as I do on my fascinate..Hrmmm.

If your buddy has the fascinate and it doesnt have the app, he must be rooted. Because Mine is bone stock with OTA 2.2 and it has it.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Ok new info they have taken star legends down off the app so that's why it isn't showing up to download.

Acyer
06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I tried it on the DROID X 2. and i get the same errors on that phoine as I do on my fascinate..Hrmmm.

If your buddy has the fascinate and it doesnt have the app, he must be rooted. Because Mine is bone stock with OTA 2.2 and it has it.
Certain phones come with it and no he's not rooted. And I have a x2 and it worked great for me. Just they have taken the app down so you can't download it. That's why its not showing up.

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Lol i cant even look at the apps. As soon as i open the vcast app. It errors out. I never see any apps. Talking to tech support now. And this lady is a ditz. She has no clue. She has placed me on hold 7 times and i still got nothing.

PS I have the Commando.

apoceq
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Wierd...the X2 in the store didn't work..

Acyer
06-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Wierd...the X2 in the store didn't work..
Umm cause they are not tied to a account. So basically all your playing with is a demo phone. If you was to buy the phone it would have it.

Samhayne
06-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Ok new info they have taken star legends down off the app so that's why it isn't showing up to download.

Yeah, we had them take down the old Star Legends app so it doesn't confuse people. So if you are not seeing it now, that's why.

We're also following up with Verizon support about V Cast. If you have problems browsing apps on V Cast, please let us know which phone you have and what version you're running.

Tvis
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't have a Verizon phone that can use apps :( I'm depending on you who do have them to keep us (here on the forums) updated on the latest news. You guys rock!

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Sam. I just talked to tech support. It appears some phones have an older version of the vcast apps app. And verizon updated their side of the app making it to where anyphone running the old version can no longer connect.

Tech said that they are working on a fix. But the deadline that he says could be anywhere from 1 day to 1 year for a fix.

Yvonnel
06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't have the VCast App app (boy that looks funny). But I can access the VCast Apps from inside my Android Market app. I see a group of apps listed, but have never downloaded anything off of it.

Weak_Sauce
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
I had the same problem, use the link provided in one of the other threads to download latest version.

Wolffen
06-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Thanks for all the info on V Cast apps. You can't find anything on the Verizon site that rivals the information provided here on how to get to V Cast apps and I searched... Looking forward to Star Legends!

WoundedEagle
07-01-2011, 12:29 AM
It would only be me to go into Verizon this morning and buy an IPhone 4 after previously owning a Droid X with 2.3. *crys* Vcast apps is not running on my droid since it is inactive. Im praying that it will show on Vcast marketplace...... My only chance of playing the beta. Marketplace still works over Wifi. Pray for me :///

WoundedEagle
07-01-2011, 12:34 AM
So it's not just my Droid X that Vcast is not running on. Hey sam..... You should tell VZW to put it on there side in Android Marketplace... Wink wink

mrTOUCHER
07-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Check out my thread for vzw users. Should solve your issue

Zalmon
07-01-2011, 01:27 AM
will vcast charge me when i go to download the beta???

davidis57
07-01-2011, 01:48 AM
Even if you dl the app early beta starts most likely the 5th.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out beta is not working yet.

Pocket Legends Characters Timbabird -55 Oldsillymage -55

Ovocotto
07-01-2011, 02:34 AM
Is star legends aviable for ipod or ipad?

Riccits
07-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Is star legends aviable for ipod or ipad?
LOL certo, just porta pazienza..

Ovocotto
07-01-2011, 05:03 AM
LOL certo, just porta pazienza..

Si ma ancora non ho capito quando esce

Riccits
07-01-2011, 05:24 AM
Si ma ancora non ho capito quando esce
adesso esce una versione di prova per androide solo per due settimane e poi sara disponiblie per iphone etc...

Pokechmp
07-01-2011, 05:34 AM
They told me it doesnt work on my samsung fascinate, nor did it work on any of the NEW phones I just played with at verizon. lame!Ikr. iOS can't play either. Only droiders play it.

Ovocotto
07-01-2011, 07:05 AM
adesso esce una versione di prova per androide solo per due settimane e poi sara disponiblie per iphone etc...

Percui non ci posso giocare :(

Pharcyde
07-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Can someone clarify for me?

So I just got ahold of a droid with v cast. I haven't followed any of the beta stuff since I'm on a IOS, and wasn't planning on being able to play the beta.

After reading several posts -

There is, but there isn't, but there is a version available to download?...

I'm seeing people talk about beta as if they have played already. So was it available for play for a small amount of time?

It's going to be out on the late 4th or early 5th?

All information is appreciated, so confused in all these posts that are saying total polar opposites of information.

Pokechmp
07-02-2011, 06:14 AM
the 5th? Ding!

jespeygirl
07-06-2011, 11:13 PM
My vcast doesn't work but my boyfriends does exact same phone. Tech support has no idea. Any ideas why?