PDA

View Full Version : PL or B*?

Jsaieagle
06-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I think the new PL cap and B* may come out almost at the same time, just wondering how many PL players would stay in PL and how many would switch to B* ?

Many PL oldies have already left PL, I'm quite worrying more and more would be leaving when B* comes out...

Riccits
06-29-2011, 08:58 AM
some time i made a poll:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20537-What-will-PL-players-do-when-Blackstar-is-released

seems many will play both games.

but IMO ppl wich dont like PL wont like SL too...
sometimes i dont get it, ppl saying already they quit PL for SL. but how can someone say now that he will like SL more?
its like u when someone says i leave my girlfriend for a new one wich he saw only from fotos.

from that what i saw in the E3-videos, SL isnt the revolution. Kinda very very similar to PL. But i will try and figure it out.

Jsaieagle
06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes Riccit, but... look at the B* forum, they are crazy for the release...

Kakatoa91
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
The fuzz is just an impression. Everybody is just nervously happy when new toy is out.

Ill take a look in B* when it will b out.
Not sure if ill play fully. It will dpd on gameplay and content. If its too close to PL like a clone, then i wont b much more interested to play more.
My taste in sci-fi is tougher, in heroic fantasy im more open.

Register
06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
lmao i was just about to make a thread JUST like this yesterday...well, i think ill quit PL when SL comes out...i mean...my bird isnt fun anymore...i feel like my spent in char slots would be a waste...now i feel like i prefer a bear as my main and not a bird...i might quit unless PL gets really fun....well, all my friends, i hope to have a good time playing SL with you :) I might play PL every now and again...if my bird gets really fun before SL comes out, i might stay...

Gluttony
06-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I would imagine it's quite impossible to tell what is going to happen with any certainty. Sure they're is hype over SL, but it's not out yet so that mostly just anticipation. PL is getting quite monotonous for most who have been around for some length of time so you're basically comparing an old used junker to a BRAND NEW CAR! If the games are practically mirror images of each other then SL will probably prevail just because it's still got that new car smell.

Fyrce
06-29-2011, 01:02 PM
I don't think you can really tell who'll play which game either until they really play SL. Games can look great but fail to "hook" you. There'll probably be players of all types, including ones who like just scifi; others who like just fantasy; others who seek a certain game play; and who knows what else.

I thought SL was more mission-based. Some people won't like that; some will. I'm not sure we can tell until people start playing.

I myself like scifi a lot and one of my 1st online games was a scifi-based game and it was mission-based. But I also like fantasy a lot. At the moment, I intend to play both. Whether I will like SL, I won't know until I try it.

Tvis
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
If you buy a new game at the store, you usually play that game and forget the rest of the games for awhile. However, you are eventually going to get back strongly into the games you had before that new game came. People are going to jump to the new game and then when they hit the level cap or get bored, they will go back to Pocket Legends to try the update. That's just my opinion.

Conradin
06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
If there smart they will release the bew update before they relase B*. I will play both games, im definately hoping the classes in B* are balanced in pvp. I think pvp will be quite fun at the 25 cap.

Siejo
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
PL will still be my main game but I will multitask and play B* too;) gotta spread the love to be fair.

CanonicalKoi
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Meh. I'll likely take a look at Blackstar, but one addiction at a time. One. At a time. :0

ChrisFI
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Ill be playing both. Right now i have one level 26 character looking to get it to atleast level 50 before the new cap for PL comes out. Then im going to play blackstar for a while but will evetually get my PL character up to level 55. But if i could get it to 55 before the new cap comes out(that be better) and after it does come out i would eveutually finish the new dungeons and level to about 60. But ill be playing both. But blackstar more for a while since its a new game.

Mkcecil
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Depending on how well they put out star legends i will probably stay with pocket legends, i hope it will be all the fun it has been cracked up to be :) i will give it a try though. it looks fantastic though. anyone think that star legends will top pocket legends in the amount of people that will play it?

PatsoeGamer
06-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Staying with PL :-) Im bows and axe and magic mad lol