PDA

View Full Version : eCONOMY

Titanium
02-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Hello STS,

How would a STS developer would feel if he/she works hard for couple of months to get bonuses from work so he/she can finally afford his dream car ? And after buying it , ( for example VOLKSWAGEN ) next day to find out that it costs -50% less ?

It's time to really find game consultants which they know how to test new items and how to make the economy keep up with these new items.. Because what happend this week... is just beyond my limits of understanding. STS decides to release arcane daggers , which were supposed to make mythic bow look like something much less used by people who want to be op. Let's remember before the arcane daggers were released.. the fervor bow clean costed 4-5m less . So after releasing the daggers, what happens? The old mythic product is better than the new arcane product . Supply and demand and bows's price are increasing in next 24hours ! And then " guys wait wait ! we just find out that daggers are not good for their rarity ! Monday expect a fix ". Price is decreasing drastically ... like second time in 2 weeks of same product.

On another hand. Brood crates were supposed to cost more than 3x rengol crates. STS should think before releasing some shocking news to the world. Like how to protect their costumers investements more than 2 months. Not all MMOs are like this. Please don't tell me I'm wrong. You are supposed to farm to make gold and then buy your dream item... and after some shocking news... boom! your item costs nothing. You worked for nothing. You did a good job farming rengol crates... now people can open more.

Besides having nothing to farm in game after releasing awesome news about lvl 56 . Everybody gave up farming fangs. Why to farm them ? What to do in game? I rather stay on forum and do the same thing like everybody else. Waiting for more shocking news . Do you feel me?

Titanium
02-07-2016, 06:27 PM
This thread is not about me. I'm expressing my cocerns about the economy flow. I hope I'm going to be accused less of game changing devaluations and other ghosts and monsters . Narrow minds won't understand my thread. I don't blame them doe !

mesalin
02-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Finally somebody speak the truth!

<Forgiveness>

chummier248
02-07-2016, 06:33 PM
i fill you bro i bought maridos for 1.7m and now it drops to 1m im planning on quiting this game i also lost real money

kinzmet
02-07-2016, 06:41 PM
i fill you bro i bought maridos for 1.7m and now it drops to 1m im planning on quiting this game i also lost real money

I bought arcane ring for 35m now its 2m O.o"

steversj
02-07-2016, 06:43 PM
i agree man , another thing that isnt fair that if u spend a lot of money in sts then u decide to open some type of lock , and if u get something crappy you basically just waisted your money on sts , you gaved away your money to sts , thats bull man , sts is just hungry for money , and are you serious 40 plat to open a jewel chest -.- like how pathetic can they get

kinzmet
02-07-2016, 06:47 PM
But its really depends on the merching intuition, sometimes I lose golds but most of the time I win.

Nothing is ever certain in Live games. We take our best guess, but until something gets out into the wild we really don't know how it will be used with the near-infinite combinations that exist.

Michael Woolley
02-07-2016, 06:59 PM
The problem lies within the rarity of the item and its supply/demand. As of the rengol expansion they made arcane and mythic more available. Of course when an item of arcane comes out there are so many people that want that item immediately so they pay big coin for it. My advice to people is let the item settle its price for a bit before u buy even if it takes a month or 2. Mythic and arcane rarity seems to be like the old legendary. I believe also that they are bringing out a new type of rarity I read in the q16 letter. Correct me if I'm wrong hopefully this is like the old arcane but items won't be too op.

oekeone
02-07-2016, 07:07 PM
I feel you titanium I farmed up like 300+ recipes and till now I've got 213 brood crates and the left of recipes and till now just noticed there like 25k or something that's a disappointment I mean now large rengol cost more than brood crates but on the good side in a few months it will increase so don't be to upset all this happened cause more and more items are available to any player who buys and opens crates so opening more crates the cs/auc floods up with all these new items and arcane which become cheap and makes everything cheap I really like when things are cheap cause I get to buy my dream items and if things like this happens we will never earn money since everything is cheap I mean I will love it if the arcane weapons where farmable so we can make money out of it , I understand sts needs to earn profit so they can pay the employees but I'm guessing a better way they can earn money is if they made chest for jewels like the jewel chest which drops standard and above it will be good for the ones who buy plat and maybe add some new vanities and plat purchasable pets in my opinion

Dragoonclaws
02-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Titanium... tbh all these price raise and drop are very normal. Nobody can really predict them. I invite everyone to do like me and wait until things are stable before buying or selling any item.

You will either loose money or not. Regarding new weapons, new ones are usually better and expect bug fixes and buff/nerfs. If you don't sell your weapon, the value will go down anyways and that's very predictable. Now the first days for the new item are never sure. it might go very high, or very low in few days.

Want a real example? How about buying a new PC or a new phone? You might want to wait for the reviews to go out so you know if you buy the new phone or not. Regarding stock market, nobody REALLY knows how things will go. Regarding Volkswagen, it took the company one year for them to get stabbed with a 20-30% value loss. Yep, they knew about the scandal for a long while before taking action.

StS should be worrying about the items value. it's all about the players. They don't have direct control over the auction. They can't start thinking about releasing or not because the market value and all those problems. However, browsing forums is a good way to know what is going to happen and how things will go. Remiem did inform players about the arrival of new arcane weapons and expansion in November or December I think. I will have to check that out...

TBH Titanium if everyone was aware of everything that was going to happen... how better is the economy going to be? How better the merch is going to be? Less sudden highs/lows? New items will still have an insane value at the beginning and their value will drop and make the older items value less... unless it's an egg, a vanity or a discontinued item. Want to know the truth? You'll always be the loser if you don't pay plats.

oekeone
02-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Titanium... tbh all these price raise and drop are very normal. Nobody can really predict them. I invite everyone to do like me and wait until things are stable before buying or selling any item.

You will either loose money or not. Regarding new weapons, new ones are usually better and expect bug fixes and buff/nerfs. If you don't sell your weapon, the value will go down anyways and that's very predictable. Now the first days for the new item are never sure. it might go very high, or very low in few days.

Want a real example? How about buying a new PC or a new phone? You might want to wait for the reviews to go out so you know if you buy the new phone or not. Regarding stock market, nobody REALLY knows how things will go. Regarding Volkswagen, it took the company one year for them to get stabbed with a 20-30% value loss. Yep, they knew about the scandal for a long while before taking action.

StS should be worrying about the items value. it's all about the players. They don't have direct control over the auction. They can't start thinking about releasing or not because the market value and all those problems. However, browsing forums is a good way to know what is going to happen and how things will go. Remiem did inform players about the arrival of new arcane weapons and expansion in November or December I think. I will have to check that out...

TBH Titanium if everyone was aware of everything that was going to happen... how better is the economy going to be? How better the merch is going to be? Less sudden highs/lows? New items will still have an insane value at the beginning and their value will drop and make the older items value less... unless it's an egg, a vanity or a discontinued item. Want to know the truth? You'll always be the loser if you don't pay plats.

Yes so true last year in the birthday event arcane pets reached 800k!! And fossil like 700k-900k

Eagleye
02-07-2016, 07:36 PM
"And after buying it , ( for example VOLKSWAGEN ) next day to find out that it costs -50% less ?"

You must have never purchased a car because that's actual exactly what happens...value instantly decreases the second that car comes off the lot. This is a video game and it's yours and everyone else's choice to spend real money. The devs have nothing to do with how much we as players are willing to pay and not pay for items . New content comes and old become obsolete it's just the way the world works. Believe me when I say prices and value of things dont just drammitcally change over night in AL, this happens quite often in the real world as well. Sh** or get off the pot man

Iuxor
02-07-2016, 07:44 PM
And to play on more real life scenarios... Automobile manufacturers often release new cars(weapons) only to find out shortly after that they must recall that said item(arcane car) due to a flaw or consumer dislike... Therefor "theoretically" lowering the desirability of that car to a number of people, which in turn may affect the resell value....

Arachnophobik
02-07-2016, 07:47 PM
yes, I hoarded a lot of brood locks, and now it costs half of the price I bought them for >.< (and decreasing)

Dragoonclaws
02-07-2016, 07:51 PM
And to play on more real life scenarios... Automobile manufacturers often release new cars(weapons) only to find out shortly after that they must recall that said item(arcane car) due to a flaw or consumer dislike... Therefor "theoretically" lowering the desirability of that car to a number of people, which in turn may affect the resell value....
Unless you buy a toyota

Toyota never dies, Top Gear approves.

Iuxor
02-07-2016, 07:58 PM

Lol.. :drunk:

Dragoonclaws
02-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Last year, at lovecraft event, people spent over 500k buying lovecraft chests to loot the golden winged vanities. Sooo many complained to make the golden wings tradeable... Nothing happened. Same for St Patrick and people merching green and blue eggs and red eggs were sooo rare and people buying sooo many arlorian eggs to have a chance at obtaining the all mighty arlorian egg shell ring. The worst is that the ring wasnt that good. It was called mythic because of the 10% luck proc. People spent a looooot of money on a ring that never was really good... Just had stats for farming.

Veenihiv
02-07-2016, 08:12 PM
I also hoarded a lot of arc egss. now they're like 1mil

anague
02-07-2016, 08:13 PM
i hope u remember my post " reasons why people quitting" i got about 50 comment in 1 day where 70-75% agreed...same topic like u, but i did it in an angry manner and boom sts deleted it.. well its not that really angry tho. i just presented what is real....

TITANIUM fyi sts always do something so that we will start craving and craving for plats.. STS dont care if market price will go low, they dont care about players investment.

example:
player:i farmed lock for 1month just to buy grit maul(3m) and now the price is 1m?
sts be like...sorry its your fault,you bought the wrong item...u made a bad decision
player:i made a lot of investment, i put a lot of hard work into it and the price is so low now!
sts be like: its your choice u made a bad investment...i dont really care about that because its your fault you invest that thing
player: i opened a lot of lock, i i used a lot of money to get a what u call "WORT IT ITEM" and now!! that worth it item i got now cost 70% lesser...STS!! I did not use a lot of my money just to get an item cost 1m!!!!
sts be like: sorry but we did not force u to open lock, its your own decision, its your choice

sts you have the power to control the market!! i know u can balance it by doing something or by not doing something(4 consecutive plat event)
maybe because u just dont care or maybe its not just your priority, and whats your priority ??plat demands?? (thrs no such thing as free lunch) thats the quote i know that explains sts point of view...thats why i understand sts because this is also business...

i hope this issue will not be the forum topic again in the next future updates....

Iuxor
02-07-2016, 08:22 PM
sts...

mesalin
02-07-2016, 08:28 PM
All true... I saved 220 recipes...
My friend saved 450.and 250 brood. Now they are 25k :/ yes nobody forced us for do it but it's joke ? Also a lot of players bought and saved glinstone weapons, now they cost less than in event. I didn't personality saved one but some lost even about 10-20m. Somebody forced us? No but ehh. I know i know players opened so many locks that items became cheap af. All say market is crash and crap. Yes its true but who did it...STS.
We just got too many new things into game in short time that market won't come back to normal.
First plat sale, singe is back, double chance sns , arcane weapons, arcane deary , winter event. That all crashed market IMO. Cap 56 could bring balance to game. At the moment it just crashed market. I hope 56 bring more balance when it come to real but what i see in future is fervor bow 2-3m... Maybe if sts close auction and trade for weekend it will help ... Or idk... We just need something that will help us gain money, cause fangs and lock farm over and over and over made many ppl bored.

<Forgiveness>

Zeus
02-07-2016, 11:46 PM
It happens. Here's how much I've lost to depreciation: 120 + 70 + 40 + 70 + 30 + 20 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 10 = 400M...and I didn't even count everything. It happens, you build and prepare for each upcoming expansion. Yes, that was just depreciation alone.

bonjovi3223
02-07-2016, 11:48 PM
There are two parties to be blamed for the prices of brood locks:
1. Ppl who hoarded then made noise on the forum
2. STS actually listening to the ppl in 1 above & bringing back the recipes.
The fools who made noise to reinstate the recipes are the same ones complaining about the prices now.
There were a couple of us on the forum who were totally against bringing back those recipes because of exactly this particular reason. It was obvious that there were 1000s of recipes floating out there & it was never a good idea to bring it back. A total price crash was anticipated if brought back & its exactly what has happened.

xZauiflele
02-08-2016, 12:05 AM
At 56 cap arcane ring, planar pendant, any mythic arcane weapon or equipment will not be useful most probably the legendary set will replace all of these. It is the reason arcane ring 1.8m or less. and all weapons goes on same pattern everyone suggesting to sell everything and keep pure gold. Is it the right way? STS declaration about huge forthcoming new cap made 25%health economy to 0%health dead economy. One after one shocks happening in game btw on the other side we were always kecomplaininging about no weekly event now they did all weeks busy on updates it pulled the crash.

Jacinth Jay Geralla
02-08-2016, 12:20 AM
i hope u remember my post " reasons why people quitting" i got about 50 comment in 1 day where 70-75% agreed...same topic like u, but i did it in an angry manner and boom sts deleted it.. well its not that really angry tho. i just presented what is real....

TITANIUM fyi sts always do something so that we will start craving and craving for plats.. STS dont care if market price will go low, they dont care about players investment.

example:
player:i farmed lock for 1month just to buy grit maul(3m) and now the price is 1m?
sts be like...sorry its your fault,you bought the wrong item...u made a bad decision
player:i made a lot of investment, i put a lot of hard work into it and the price is so low now!
sts be like: its your choice u made a bad investment...i dont really care about that because its your fault you invest that thing
player: i opened a lot of lock, i i used a lot of money to get a what u call "WORT IT ITEM" and now!! that worth it item i got now cost 70% lesser...STS!! I did not use a lot of my money just to get an item cost 1m!!!!
sts be like: sorry but we did not force u to open lock, its your own decision, its your choice

sts you have the power to control the market!! i know u can balance it by doing something or by not doing something(4 consecutive plat event)
maybe because u just dont care or maybe its not just your priority, and whats your priority ??plat demands?? (thrs no such thing as free lunch) thats the quote i know that explains sts point of view...thats why i understand sts because this is also business...

i hope this issue will not be the forum topic again in the next future updates....

This game isn't about skills , It's all About how much money you use and spend

Redjellydonut
02-08-2016, 01:04 AM
Lol its funny how people expect things to maintains their same prices forever... best take an economics class and prepare for the future. Also stay updated on forums to prevent insane loss of gold. About the glint sets... WELL... Thats is pretty messed up lol.

xZauiflele
02-08-2016, 01:59 AM
Lol its funny how people expect things to maintains their same prices forever... best take an economics class and prepare for the future. Also stay updated on forums to prevent insane loss of gold. About the glint sets... WELL... Thats is pretty messed up lol.
Sir for your kind attention glintstone maul of grit was 7m same date before 2months after few days price stabled to 4-5m . And then plate sale arrived it went down to 2-3m. And now it is 1m. We didn't expect everything to price same as they were before but these Glint set and weapons expired like dairy products. And an big ? about future of arcane weapons.

Kakashis
02-08-2016, 03:30 AM
it's okay, I bought a whim egg at 6m thinking I'd make make some gold, and them boom, 2.3m now :( SNS was 40+ and now worth 10 XD Life goes on ... poor but it does go on

xZauiflele
02-08-2016, 03:36 AM
it's okay, I bought a whim egg at 6m thinking I'd make make some gold, and them boom, 2.3m now :( SNS was 40+ and now worth 10 XD Life goes on ... poor but it does go on

Me too bought whim for 6m to open now it worth 2m i don't worry about it bcz with pet its surely happens but for weapons its very bad

Titanium
02-08-2016, 04:17 AM
"And after buying it , ( for example VOLKSWAGEN ) next day to find out that it costs -50% less ?"

You must have never purchased a car because that's actual exactly what happens...value instantly decreases the second that car comes off the lot. This is a video game and it's yours and everyone else's choice to spend real money. The devs have nothing to do with how much we as players are willing to pay and not pay for items . New content comes and old become obsolete it's just the way the world works. Believe me when I say prices and value of things dont just drammitcally change over night in AL, this happens quite often in the real world as well. Sh** or get off the pot man

As a company you won't let all your products to lose their value over night then increase and then decrease again. Is this real life? when the economy looks like a montagne russe. Let's say you can fail once as a company with a product, twice... but this starts to be annoying. Check prices of all mythic level 46. ALL of them. It's so damn easy to see how their value decreased significantly. If tomorrow STS releases more news about upgradeable mythic set. Fangs are going to cost 2x more than they cost now. Should i add the medium cake frenzy?

xZauiflele
02-08-2016, 04:30 AM
Sts did not lost anything, loss occupied by players. We made gold through game, we may loss it too.
My stand is about very rushed releases however we will be lossing gold later after enjoying this weapons atleast 1season but it is not happened now. We didn't get value for money. STS should study consequences before revealing updates.

Vixenne
02-08-2016, 08:32 AM
2. STS actuzally listening to the ppl in 1 above & bringing back the recipes.
The fools who made noise to reinstate the recipes are the same ones complaining about the prices now.
There were a couple of us on the forum who were totally against bringing back those recipes because of exactly this particular reason. It was obvious that there were 1000s of recipes floating out there & it was never a good idea to bring it back. A total price crash was anticipated if brought back & its exactly what has happened.

Enough said.

anague
02-08-2016, 09:19 AM

lol ithink titanium ( the one who made this thread "economy") is one of the players who insisted to bring back brood crate...lol am i right titanium?? lol not idk maybe its u or someone...

lol i think titanium( the one who made this th

Jazzi
02-08-2016, 09:48 AM
So people want progression, good chances of looting arcanes in crates and a higher likelihood of obtaining the items by farming. Yet when they get that exactly they are not happy, nevertheless they don't want a return to the previous status quo :D

The controversy is mind boggling ;)

Vixenne
02-08-2016, 09:52 AM
So people want progression, good chances of looting arcanes in crates and a higher likelihood of obtaining the items by farming. Yet when they get that exactly they are not happy, nevertheless they don't want a return to the previous status quo :D

The controversy is mind boggling ;)

#ComedyTimeInArcaneLegends

Titanium
02-08-2016, 10:04 AM
lol ithink titanium ( the one who made this thread "economy") is one of the players who insisted to bring back brood crate...lol am i right titanium?? lol not idk maybe its u or someone...

lol i think titanium( the one who made this th

That was an example of an exclusive crate which was released not more than 40 days ago and now costs less than 3 rengol crates ( 3x rengol crate = brood crate )

Energizeric
02-08-2016, 10:16 AM
This isn't a banking game, you don't buy items to invest. You buy them to use.

If you buy to invest, you take a chance. It's 50/50, maybe the item goes up in value or maybe it goes down. There is no way to know for sure.

Titanium
02-08-2016, 10:46 AM
This isn't a banking game, you don't buy items to invest. You buy them to use.

If you buy to invest, you take a chance. It's 50/50, maybe the item goes up in value or maybe it goes down. There is no way to know for sure.

So encouraging to spend real money or time purchasing a costly item but wait... now it costs nothing. It's fantastic. I'm feeling like a lab rat. If stats of an item are changed over night due getting more feedback... then i have a problem veri big too ! Heck, grant everyone an arcane weapon to test it, get feedback then add it in crates only.

I was born during night but not last night. I know when I have to buy an item. I'm not buying the first arcane weapon ever popped from crates. I'm buying an op item 2 weeks after it's release all the time. I'm affected by the economy on a way or another. But don't tell me " we are changing the item stats cause we got great feedback " ! The hell is that?

Ebezaanec
02-08-2016, 11:19 AM
STG just needs better R&D.

You have to cut them some slack too. After several years of only releasing OP items, it can be very hard to pinpoint "balance." It's easy to punch some high numbers and dazzle everyone with high stats, but keeping things stable?

For now, the best course of action is to let people test out the gear once it is released and wait for prices to drop if it stinks. Buy if there's a good chance of a buff.

Motherless_Child
02-08-2016, 11:36 AM

Lol.. :drunk:

Sick sig........

oekeone
02-08-2016, 12:17 PM
To increase and not make items not be reduced like last year is to make items be farmable , you might ask yourself why? Why, the reason why is cause if you make things harder to obtain it will increase the price for that object and probaly the person can make money out of , the thing that happen last year is that mostly all the weapons and eggs were looted with platinum which makes all arcane,mythics lootable to any player who plays arcane legends, let's go back to the time kershal and maul came out they were like around 50m+ why? Cause they were hard to obtain , nekro was 15m+ or more I think idk but why? It was hard to obtain let's see the pet shade this pet is one of the hardest to obtain ! Do you see it in auc?? Barely! Why? Its not platnuim obtainable this pet still has it price since the start , SnS this pet was sold for 200m before it went to egg extinction why? It was only obtained in leaderboard , till this year where sts made it obtainable my friend bought one yesterday for 10mil....imagine that....10MIL!!!!!!! From 200m to 10m and that's not all its still going down, OK now arcane weapons this year ok I remember the day the weapons came out 4 days ago the same day the daggers hit 8mil and others to 8m-20m but there still reducing down probably in a week or 2 they probably hit 3-5m the thing I'm tryna say is that let's make items be hard to obtain not easy to obtain!

vfreakhun
02-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Lol.
I was one who "made noise" on forums to bring those recipes back.

BUT I am NOT complaining about prices (yes, I have few hundred recipes left).

Price dropped because of new items in the "un-time-capsuled" Locked Ren'gols.

Meanwhile I would like to comment the "hyper strong" deflation:
WHY this happens (economically)?
Because 80-99% of players cannot afford these good things, meanwhile the top 1-20% (partially including me) do not need another Arcane ring/Maridos/Fervor bow etc.

It is natural that money (gold) is flowing and concentrating in top 0.1% hands (they loose the most gold due to this).

I suggest to put more gold to the "poor"s hands. They will have money to buy mediocre things, mediocre players will able to buy good things....
SO good things price will not drop SOO dramatically AND new arcane prices will be like Arcane.

HOW?
Eg: I suggest to have a 10x "liquidating" week. I mean every crap (now 3-20 gold) would be 30-200 gold reward for liquidate. Then we can see.
OR somehow reward the daily login/or put more gold to the Wandering Ministrels chest at the end of the daily.

The real target: put a gold injecton to the economy - if possible put lower amount to the widest possible amount of players.

That was my 2 cents.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-G903F-el

Zeus
02-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Lol, the price didn't drop of brood due to too many recipes. The price dropped on brood because the weapons that come from those crates are no longer needed.

vfreakhun
02-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Lol, the price didn't drop of brood due to too many recipes. The price dropped on brood because the weapons that come from those crates are no longer needed.

... more precisely the value of the Brood Locked loot dropped - so the Brood Locked price dropped as well.

oekeone
02-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Lol.
I was one who "made noise" on forums to bring those recipes back.

BUT I am NOT complaining about prices (yes, I have few hundred recipes left).

Price dropped because of new items in the "un-time-capsuled" Locked Ren'gols.

Meanwhile I would like to comment the "hyper strong" deflation:
WHY this happens (economically)?
Because 80-99% of players cannot afford these good things, meanwhile the top 1-20% (partially including me) do not need another Arcane ring/Maridos/Fervor bow etc.

It is natural that money (gold) is flowing and concentrating in top 0.1% hands (they loose the most gold due to this).

I suggest to put more gold to the "poor"s hands. They will have money to buy mediocre things, mediocre players will able to buy good things....
SO good things price will not drop SOO dramatically AND new arcane prices will be like Arcane.

HOW?
Eg: I suggest to have a 10x "liquidating" week. I mean every crap (now 3-20 gold) would be 30-200 gold reward for liquidate. Then we can see.
OR somehow reward the daily login/or put more gold to the Wandering Ministrels chest at the end of the daily.

The real target: put a gold injecton to the economy - if possible put lower amount to the widest possible amount of players.

That was my 2 cents.

Yes I love this idea like back in pocket legends everyone I farmed for 3 runs with all the items I had I made 20k+ this is really useful especially when running km3! Cause on arcane legends for new people money is hard to get especially me when I started I had to buy platinum to make money -.- ������

Ebezaanec
02-08-2016, 01:34 PM
The arcanes were only released as the next step to phasing out para/eye gems for the coming expansion.

I would not hold onto these weapons for too long.

Iove
02-08-2016, 01:54 PM
You are 100% sure, its arcanes items, not legendarys, good time ago se farm Legends items and sell for good price, see now, what make in game ? Drop lockeds ? Nome item good to farm in maps, good times in planar, eggs and items like in time magma come in game, now all from locked, in first day 15 m days later its -5m, i bought 1 dagger for 4.5 m, its arcanes items, not Legends or mythics, waiting a lot for a new Arc weapon... You 100% Sure.

Enviado de meu XT1058 usando Tapatalk

bonjovi3223
02-08-2016, 02:24 PM
Whether arcane weapons were released or not, brood locks were gonna fail eventually. There are just too many brood locks out there.

Dex_addict
02-08-2016, 03:03 PM
Well I have told about the release time of arcane weapons were wrong in general discussion before. When there was so many things to upgrade in first place, we got an upgrade about most recent items-> fresh mythics weapons are dead -> People opened massive lockeds to obtain arcane weapons-> sns price and other arcane pets drops with it-> price drops on everything. Im not even counting the cost of upgrading with discontinued powerful gems. you also lost with short life mythics
Wait there is more, 56 cap coming how long do you think lvl 46 weapons could last? hmm that explains the cheapness.

Anyway my point being release after release about same stuff causing this mess. its not balanced progress.

I agree with this, I think that the new arcanes being released now at lvl 46 was a shame and I wasn't expecting them until nearer/or with the new cap but this has definitely been done for a reason. With us being told that the expansion is looking to be released in spring (around 8weeks or over?) and the fact that the new level cap will infact be 56 and not 51, it does make me wonder why I am getting myself so bothered about wether I should try to sell my bow or para ring for next to nothing to then buy a pair of daggers that will also most likely be worth next to nothing in just a few weeks, not including the fact that we are currently waiting for these daggers to be buffed without any idea of if the buff will be beneficial enough to make them worthy or how that will impact the price of the daggers themselves and the glintstone mythic bows. I feel like the AH has been at a stand still today, nobody knows wether to put their bow up for sale, nobody knows wether to buy said bow for sale and everyone is wondering and waiting to see if all the daggers that disappeared from the ah are going to re-appear after the buff at twice the price :p Regardless of all this I cant help but wonder how these daggers are going to compare to 56 legendary weapons...let alone the new mythics that we will all expect to see with the next event (surely we can hope to see lvl 56 or if not 51 mythics?) The more I think about it all the more I wonder if the best thing to do is just sell absolutely everything and come back in a couple of months when the expansion is here and hopefully things are more settled/balanced. I feel right now we have a situation of lots of weapons being released at once to try to counteract the issues of eyes and paras before the new cap and a very slow/non-existent progression of helms and armors to create "balance", unfortunately what IS being created is a lack of wanting to invest in anything and with the most recent events a feeling of disappointment at yet again more gears with different names/appearances but the same stats :/

xZauiflele
02-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Know i think the reason of market crash is variety. Each class have many options already and already many unsolds are there for sale in this situation lock opening events arcane weapons push economy to blackwhole.
I am trying to show availability..

WARRIORS::
Arcane Maul
Bulwarks X2 KINDS
Bonesaw
Glint Aegis X4 KINDS
Glinst Maul X4 KINDS
Arcane sword

ROGUE::
Old arcane blades
Elon/frost bow X2 KINDS
Goulish blades
Glint blades X4 KINDS
Glint bow X4 KINDS
Hunter Arcane Blades

MAGE::
Kershal
Elon/frost gun X2 KINDS
Glint gun X 4 KINDS
Glint staff X4 KINDS
Arcane staff

Variety made the decision hard and availability is more and nore and more day by day. And threat of all useless at 56 cap.

Dragoonclaws
02-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Know i think the reason of market crash is variety. Each class have many options already and already many unsolds are there for sale in this situation lock opening events arcane weapons push economy to blackwhole.
I am trying to show availability..

WARRIORS::
Arcane Maul
Bulwarks X2 KINDS
Bonesaw
Glint Aegis X4 KINDS
Glinst Maul X4 KINDS
Arcane sword

ROGUE::
Nefarious Hook
Elon/frost bow X2 KINDS
Goulish blades
Glint blades X4 KINDS
Glint bow X4 KINDS
Hunter Arcane Blades

MAGE::
Kershal
Elon/frost gun X2 KINDS
Scythe
Glint gun X 4 KINDS
Glint staff X4 KINDS
Arcane staff

Variety made the decision hard and availability is more and nore and more day by day. And threat of all useless at 56 cap.

you're missing this

raxaxic
02-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Just wait 2 years and the prices will go down. I can now finally buy my dream lunar pendant and blood ruby ring at a great price now.

mesalin
02-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Just wait 2 years and the prices will go down. I can now finally buy my dream lunar pendant and blood ruby ring at a great price now.
So true
Don't need wait 2 years. Just more plat sale , more new things at same time from lockeds and time will be reduced to 50% mate!

<Forgiveness>

anague
02-08-2016, 07:48 PM
IMO the biggest reason why the market crashed is because of the 4 consecutive events that is all about plat and lock...

Titanium
02-09-2016, 05:44 AM
Whether arcane weapons were released or not, brood locks were gonna fail eventually. There are just too many brood locks out there.

I think are many more brood recipes in everyone inventory than brood crates in game.

Victimzz
02-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Some Reasons for unstable economy:
1.MORE PLAYERS=>MORE LOCK OPENERS=>MORE PPL CAN HAVE GOOD DROP=>MORE SUPPLIES=>LESSER PRICES.
2.GREEDINESS(DONT NEED TO EXPLAIN YOU NEW IT, ITS HAPPENING EVERYDAY.)
3.HOARDING=>ITEMS WILL HAVE HIGHER PRICE=>HOARDERS WILL SHOW OFF=>DEFLATION.
How To Prevent:
1.CONTINUE GREEDINESS=>LESSER PLAYERS=>LESSER LOCK OPENERS=>LESSER PPL WILL DROP GOOD ITEMS=>LESSER SUPPLY=>HIGHER PRICE(BUT THIS DEPENDS IF ITEM WILL HAVE GOOD DEMANDS.)

THIS IS JUST FOR ME. :)

Niixed
02-09-2016, 09:25 AM
I feel your pain, but that isn't STS' attitude. STS isn't out to destroy your investments, they are attempting to keep the game going. A healthy game is a dynamic game, meaning the game must change on a frequent basis or risk stagnation. That change affects the economy in many ways and can lead to dramatic price shifts. Like in the real world economy, there are no guarantees.

However, STS knows they must also ensure a minimum level of economic stability. They do NOT want you to take heavy losses. To them, a happy player happily spends money on the game. Why would they want you to be unhappy? They don't.

Wow! First, and always, thank you all for the feedback. It is always encouraging that you, our community, are so open and clear with your concerns, feedback and suggestions. One of the goals that we set last year was to release more content to our players more often. This started with the event system last year, and now continues with smaller expansions (3 maps vs. 5) being released more often, rather than larger expansions further apart.

The Tindirin and Ren'gol expansions were released over a year apart, which meant that your power items kept their value for much longer--but there was much less to do in game and players found themselves *gasp* BORED in a game that they love so much, because of lack of progression. That's no good. Of course, all players are different and will progress at different rates, but the aim of our current release schedule is to keep the game progression lively while offering steady and predictable increase in the power curve.

The next expansion--a 10 level increase--does seem large and is definitely the biggest one we've had so far, but it is in line with the itemization plan that we laid out back in the beginning of 2015 that has contributed to a more sustainable power curve, a steadier secondary market (CS), and ultimately, the ability for the game to continue to grow and expand!

As always, keep the feedback coming and we'll be releasing more info on what more you can expect in the next expansion in the coming weeks--there's a TON of goodies coming your way.

Gouiwaa9000
02-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Predicting prices is one of the things you must do in AL and that's nice , makes you think a little XD , If you play long enough you will see that sts does this a lot , release an item and then buff/nerf it , and that usually affects its value a lot ( like fixing the stun bug for arc maul ) Don't buy expensive items right after the update , wait some time and you will save gold , problem solved Xd

Gouiwaa9000
02-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Also , why aren't you happy that items are easy to obtain ? It's not right when plat users have a huge advantage over the free players . also , how tf is buying an item with plat hard? Just confirm your credit card number and there you go , didn't even have to run one map , if you want items that are hard to obtain , you can always get the glind armor set ,

mesalin
02-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Also , why aren't you happy that items are easy to obtain ? It's not right when plat users have a huge advantage over the free players . also , how tf is buying an item with plat hard? Just confirm your credit card number and there you go , didn't even have to run one map , if you want items that are hard to obtain , you can always get the glind armor set ,

Not everybody wanna spend real money on game. And not everybody even can spend.

<Forgiveness>

Madxnoob
02-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Everything is subject to change, we seen that with Shady. The economy is still the same just more whining and failed mercher'$. Funny the people complaining should know the cycle by now and how it works.

Lyfiia
02-10-2016, 07:50 PM
Elondrian your thread says everything in just some words ... STS always do that whit us...
i agree whit your opinion and this fervor bow case also inflicted my gold bag ... i lost like 3m gold or more because of it... now a example likely anague's post:
AL players: STS i lost my gold whit your mistake
STS: you made a bad choice, next time think about what youll buy
AL players: but this mistake inflicted me to much, i lost to much because of your mistake not mine
STS: sorry we will fix this problem soon
AL players : but i lost to much because of this mistake... what should i do now?
STS: Sorry we cant do anything about it.
My personal commentary: yes they really cant do anything after a mistake... i agree... but they can test and think what will happen on market if theres will be any update... take a bit more time for decisions...

STS im not making a reclamation but please test things and think about the result of any update... its unfair for players... it happenned whit plat farmers... whit medium cakes... singe eggs for turn in nekro eggs ,of course all those things was just mistakes but those mistakes are always boring and always "lost cash"
Ok that its just a game ... of course its not like the real life, but the car example was exacly what we are felling ... we spend hours... days... weeks... maybe mounths and sometimes real world money on platinum to get any item ... example a nekro 3,5m then 1 day later ...
Update: nekro now will drop from large rengol lockeds , now nekro 2m on market... all work and time spent on it ...gone... its on trash...
Thank you all and sorry for my english... if i ofend someone please sorry, that post was to be construtive and not destrutive

Newcomx
02-12-2016, 04:31 AM
Player who complain how cheap arcane now may be not experiencing the time when price is high and less people playing... the the game is almost dead. The price is fine now. If you gambling by hoarding, you can profit but also you can lose a lot.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Tapash Bose
02-12-2016, 10:40 AM

I completely agree that to make the recipes usable after the event was a terrible idea.Now we have 50000 or more recipes lying in stash/inventory..so how do we expect the price to raise ?....rice depends on the rarity and by allowing the recipe to be used after the event..we have made rarity the casualty here.

Tapash Bose
02-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Thanks STS for the updates and for the continuous good work.Really appreciate your efforts and it is true whatever we do even with the best of intentions cannot satisfy 100%.I know and I believe that all the changes made on your part was an honest effort to make the game more playable for the not so rich players. 35m for nekro or 60m for arcane ring was not a very desirable situation.However sometimes the over-zealousness to please only a minute fraction of the audience can do more bad than good.Only humble request is please please never make the event specific lock recipes usable again after the event because some top players have stashed 1000 of them and is shouting.It really destabilizes the market.Well..Better have the eyes recipe back..LOL..it will definitely erase a lot of imbalance now prevailing

konafez
02-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Unless you buy a toyota

Toyota never dies, Top Gear approves.

Look up "can you kill a hilux" on YouTube, the answer is..no..no you cant

Royalty
02-12-2016, 01:26 PM
I bought a wep for 1.3 (normal price) ...

literely... next day arcane weps were fixed/buffed... and price dropped to like 900k..

I resold my wep 950 today.. bought it about 5 days ago... 5 days and i lost 350k :)

Learned my lesson. Gonna just play the game as if its being deleted off the face of the earth in 2 months. This is a dangerous time for gold. Gonna sit tf down and eat candy -.-

vfreakhun
02-12-2016, 02:30 PM
About Brood lockeds.
The problem was the non-clear communication.
STS made it CLEAR now:
- if "limited time" is show up in description/communication = craft will not work later.
- if not "limited" = it is unlimited.
Do you remember the Leaf Lockeds?
It was rare (it is rare) - and still worths nothing. I sold mine for 20k.
Brood locked is cheap not because of many available, but because there is MUCH better alternative.
Someone said: In arlor we have much more Brood recipes than Brood locked.
If I do not have more space, i just liquidate some for 5 gold. Better than creating Brood Locked.

Visiting
02-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Titanium, meh frend, meh brotha, pak econmy, pak monie, just buf fok wars ffs

Darwinb1995
02-13-2016, 07:46 PM
I bought arcane ring for 35m now its 2m O.o"
😂😂😂😂😂😂 I was going dumb *** but now Feel sorry for u 😂😂😂😁😏😛

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Visiting
02-13-2016, 10:31 PM
������������ I was going dumb *** but now Feel sorry for u ������������

Remember that arcane ring was once 130m+.

Potato is me
02-14-2016, 12:49 AM
Remember that arcane ring was once 130m+.

Or sns egg +40m :)

Zynzyn
02-14-2016, 01:11 AM

I agree with most of what you have said but I also get Titanium's point of view. While it is normal and acceptable for the market to be fluctuating and for newer items to devalue older ones, the time span between new items needs to be more or less stable and this factor can be controlled by sts. For example the Brood Locked Crates. I fail to understand what exactly that gimmick was. Shall we call it a fiasco or a joke? Did those event crates and the loot inside even have a shelf-life? Its just an example of utter disregard for customer investments.

So my point is, yes we accept "in with the new out with the old" notion. BUT let us follow this, while keeping in mind that players should atleast have some time to enjoy the benefits of what they have acquired. Even in the real world, the expiry date of an item is predictable. In AL atleast lets make new releases at regular intervals instead of doing it all haphazard.

Visiting
02-14-2016, 01:22 AM
Or sns egg +40m :)

At a certain point people were offering sums of 150m+ for them, too bad there weren't any left in the game at that point XD

harie
02-14-2016, 03:11 AM
Hii,

I was shocked to see that the economy gotten worst . so yesterday I just came back after 8 months offline doing my finals. I was so sad that prices of the myth belt went down like hell. In fact that I spent 1.5m buying myth belt with 3 glacial gems ( 2 grand 1 normal ) and now since the arcane weps came in myth belt with 2 grand cost 190k...

So now I'm really sad to see people suffering from this . I hope the economy will be like old times. I have been playing for 3 years now . I hope sts can solve this problem.pls I like the old times.....=>..ty

Pillowhead
02-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Don't buy anything that you don't need or you'll regret it sooner or later :s

kinzmet
02-14-2016, 04:26 PM
������������ I was going dumb *** but now Feel sorry for u ������������

LOL its all worth it at that time, I was making a point on chummier248's post that he would quit the game since he bought 1.7m maridos and the prize drops to 1m.

Savagekiddo
02-14-2016, 05:27 PM
items get outdated so make sure you buy new items like arcane weapons they will quite last a long time so their worth buying even if price drops

konafez
02-14-2016, 06:23 PM
I remember when the old locks were selling forv3k, blood gems for 2k and dragonite bars for 750k .. and me drooling over a bone saw in cs that was priced at 12mill knowing I would never be able to buy it..

Prices go up..they go down..its just how it is, you arlorian kids these days don't know how good you have it..

Ydqm
02-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Just don't buy anything.

epicrrr
02-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Stop comparing prices from months ago to now, move on you know the moment you buy an item there is a chance for it to devalue by 200%, youre just blinded by its usability/ during that time.

Ebezaanec
02-14-2016, 08:11 PM
I remember when the old locks were selling forv3k, blood gems for 2k and dragonite bars for 750k .. and me drooling over a bone saw in cs that was priced at 12mill knowing I would never be able to buy it..

Prices go up..they go down..its just how it is, you arlorian kids these days don't know how good you have it..

Makes you feel a bit like Bjorn, huh?

konafez
02-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Makes you feel a bit like Bjorn, huh?

Catches himself yelling at twinks to get off his lawn...

bonjovi3223
02-14-2016, 11:56 PM
I agree with most of what you have said but I also get Titanium's point of view. While it is normal and acceptable for the market to be fluctuating and for newer items to devalue older ones, the time span between new items needs to be more or less stable and this factor can be controlled by sts. For example the Brood Locked Crates. I fail to understand what exactly that gimmick was. Shall we call it a fiasco or a joke? Did those event crates and the loot inside even have a shelf-life? Its just an example of utter disregard for customer investments.

So my point is, yes we accept "in with the new out with the old" notion. BUT let us follow this, while keeping in mind that players should atleast have some time to enjoy the benefits of what they have acquired. Even in the real world, the expiry date of an item is predictable. In AL atleast lets make new releases at regular intervals instead of doing it all haphazard.
Well said bro.
The shelf life of items should be much longer then what was done with the sudden release of items.
I personally think that the main problem in prices has been caused by the forthcoming expansion & the fact that the lvl gap had a difference of 10 levels. A shorter lvl gap would keep items viable but a 10 lvl difference annhilates their effectivity stats wise.
Brood lock weapons would have been viable if not for the sudden expansion as not everyone can afford arcane weapons.
I myself have been contemplating on buying an imbued helm since last few days but i am just worried how effective a lv41 helm will be at lv56 & whether the 2m+ investment will be worth it.

bonjovi3223
02-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Stop comparing prices from months ago to now, move on you know the moment you buy an item there is a chance for it to devalue by 200%, youre just blinded by its usability/ during that time.
Well said.
Waiting 120 seconds.

Cead
02-15-2016, 12:51 AM

It was on this same forum many of us fought like crazy to lower the prices of mythic and arcane items so they could be accessible to everyone...

Titanium
02-15-2016, 02:09 AM

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I have better things to do than explaining twinks how to lose millions over an item which you bought in few days. Come at endgame and let me see you lose all the juice you got cause of market instability. You have to be a hypocrite to tell endgamers that to live with it when twinks are having same gear for 2 seasons. I didn't lose no gold atm. But i will lose if i won't keep up with the forums. PERIOD

Cead
02-15-2016, 03:21 AM
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I have better things to do than explaining twinks how to lose millions over an item which you bought in few days. Come at endgame and let me see you lose all the juice you got cause of market instability. You have to be a hypocrite to tell endgamers that to live with it when twinks are having same gear for 2 seasons. I didn't lose no gold atm. But i will lose if i won't keep up with the forums. PERIOD

You have been playing for a long time and yet you still haven't learnt how AL market works? Nearly a year has passed and here you still are complaining about the same things. Is this the first time sts nerfs or buffs an item or prices crash or rise? Such threads should be expected from newcomers not people who claim they know how to merch and play like you do/did.

Titanium
02-15-2016, 03:34 AM
You have been playing for a long time and yet you still haven't learnt how AL market works? Nearly a year has passed and here you still are complaining about the same things. Is this the first time sts nerfs or buffs an item or prices crash or rise? Such threads should be expected from newcomers not people who claim they know how to merch and play like you do/did.

I don't know what to reply you such comments anymore . I'm bored to death to repeat myself. This thread is not about me losing anything. I know how to protect my assets, but like I said. I'm too bored to explain myself again and again and again. Usually people who are not hurt by the market value are the ones which they have no worries. No money no problem. Feel me? And btw the quote which you made has nothing to do with what you commented.

Pillowhead
02-15-2016, 03:37 AM
I don't know what to reply you such comments anymore . I'm bored to death to repeat myself. This thread is not about me losing anything. I know how to protect my assets, but like I said. I'm too bored to explain myself again and again and again. Usually people who are not hurt by the market value are the ones which they have no worries. No money no problem. Feel me? And btw the quote which you made has nothing to do with what you commented.

No money, no problem. TRUE!

Cead
02-15-2016, 04:15 AM

That was supposed to be a tag rather than a quote but since you can't tag on this forum.....

My point is if you weren't hurt by the market and know how to protect your assets then why are you always complaining when prices crash. From what you say/said one might think you are smart enough to never lose gold but you just like complaining, i hope that isnt the case. :(

aneshsinghblu
02-15-2016, 06:15 AM

for somebody who is just returning to the game . . you sure do have a lot to say. .
do you actually know how many mythics have been released in last 5months. . and recently arcane weapons.
so you don't really know how much money we have lost to market crash.
I hate this trend by sts. . if nobody complains . .we might get another set of arcane in three months

Veenihiv
02-15-2016, 06:17 AM
for somebody who is just returning to the game . . you sure do have a lot to say. .
do you actually know how many mythics have been released in last 5months. . and recently arcane weapons.
I hate this trend by sts. . if nobody complains . .we might get another set of arcane in three months

What's the matter with his saying ?? If u have lost 0 gold when market crashed , then why complain about it ?

overon
02-15-2016, 06:48 AM
Not that you complain so much of the economy but because we have all the players do not plat and plat and sts.

overon
02-15-2016, 06:54 AM
All our fault if you poneis to think a little you will see that we all have as we both sts happens there is much anxious

Cead
02-15-2016, 08:17 AM
Flash news, AL market has been like this since 2013. It all started when the first mythic set was introduced. Since then its been a rat race, rat more rat less. If you think you can get a max gear or a pet and be op forever then you will end up losing lots of gold. Fact.
Some people can afford always having the best sets but it takes lots of sacrificies and money. Dont look up to these people, go at your pace.

What is really shocking me is that STS still cant produce a piece of equipment without nerfing and buffing it afterwards. Sometimes you are lucky and they buff your stuff but sometimes...

Its simple dont buy stuff you are not ready to accept risks on. The only people that buy stuff they arent sure they want but accept to take risks on are merchants, if you are a merchant and you complain you lost gold people will just lol in your face. Me first.

aneshsinghblu
02-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Flash news, AL market has been like this since 2013. It all started when the first mythic set was introduced. Since then its been a rat race, rat more rat less. If you think you can get a max gear or a pet and be op forever then you will end up losing lots of gold. Fact.
Some people can afford always having the best sets but it takes lots of sacrificies and money. Dont look up to these people, go at your pace.

What is really shocking me is that STS still cant produce a piece of equipment without nerfing and buffing it afterwards. Sometimes you are lucky and they buff your stuff but sometimes...

Its simple dont buy stuff you are not ready to accept risks on. The only people that buy stuff they arent sure they want but accept to take risks on are merchants, if you are a merchant and you complain you lost gold people will just lol in your face. Me first.

you really don't know what you talkin about . .
level 41 mythic weapons held their value for a year.
new mythic not even 5 months.
brood lock mythic weapons not even two months of service.

go ahead and make your new mage or rogue. .when expansion comes you will know what it feels likes to lose millions

Endkey 2.0
02-15-2016, 09:07 AM
I think that AL is an free market, run by the people themselves. But all these badly though items do mess things up quite a lot

Ebezaanec
02-15-2016, 09:53 AM

go ahead and make your new mage or rogue. .when expansion comes you will know what it feels likes to lose millions

I would like to know your time frame for "holding value." 6 months? A year?

In order to hold value, the item must be useful, whether in PvP or PvE. That would mean that STG has to hold off on releasing gear that is superior to said item to prevent people from losing their "investments." If the item holds value for too long like Arc Ring or Planar Pendant, then we have gear stagnation.

Not saying that STG should release gear every few weeks, but they need to find a balance. I would say that 4-6 months would be fine for new stuff.

Gorecaster
02-15-2016, 10:19 AM
All I can do anymore is sit back with my popcorn and lol at all this banter. Sts is in the business of making money. They used to have a good handle on the fun factor and a decent balanced economy. Now it's like a free for all and we all buy right into every time. The game is different now. No thrill of the elite drop, no excitement from seeing your gem go grand in craft. Nobody even kills bosses anymore unless for achievement and that itself speaks volumes about the way the game is currently set up. Crafting started off well and added an interesting aspect, but sts took it too far and crafting has taken over the majority of content here. It feels like homework. Don't even get me started on jewels...What a horrible idea. To fathom even just being plus 15 on an all new set of gear at new cap blows my mind. I saw someone did the math and it's 354k cracked to max ur gear at 56...Really? That's not reasonable and definitely not "fun".
What did you ppl expect from allowing crafting of brood crates after event? You got what you wanted, worthless crates. And no they aren't down strictly because of what's inside, those crates are 2x chance at the better of the new mythic weapons. These weapons (glint gun, bow and aegis) are completely relevant still. Higher skill dmg and better suited for pvp. Brood crates are down because of a saturated market. Period.
There used to be 2 types of players, 2 ways to play and be successful (make gold), the "elite farmer" (relatively plat free farming of elite pink drops) and the "crate popper" (plat user opening crates for loot). I myself preferred farming as it was more fun, more consistent and felt more like playing a game than gambling. It was also comparatively lucrative with a bit of work. Now the elite farmer is all but gone, this method of play rendered useless by the developer themselves. This economy is the way it is because is driven solely by plat. Ppl buy bundles and covert to gold by selling ankhs and luck lix cuz there's no alternative. Coincidence? I think not. Need jewels? Here, buy this limited time jewel elixer or jewel chest for a chance at a drop. These jewel drop rates are abysmal but there's new gear every 2 months now. Coincidence?
In a plat driven economy, there will never be stability. Combine this reality with the monotony that has become of crafting and questing and it's leaving us wanting more. Here's my suggestion...expect less.

Visiting
02-15-2016, 10:23 AM
All I can do anymore is sit back with my popcorn and lol at all this banter. Sts is in the business of making money. They used to have a good handle on the fun factor and a decent balanced economy. Now it's like a free for all and we all buy right into every time. The game is different now. No thrill of the elite drop, no excitement from seeing your gem go grand in craft. Nobody even kills bosses anymore unless for achievement and that itself speaks volumes about the way the game is currently set up. Crafting started off well and added an interesting aspect, but sts took it too far and crafting has taken over the majority of content here. It feels like homework. Don't even get me started on jewels...What a horrible idea. To fathom even just being plus 15 on an all new set of gear at new cap blows my mind. I saw someone did the math and it's 354k cracked to max ur gear at 56...Really? That's not reasonable and definitely not "fun".
What did you ppl expect from allowing crafting of brood crates after event? You got what you wanted, worthless crates. And no they aren't down strictly because of what's inside, those crates are 2x chance at the better of the new mythic weapons. These weapons (glint gun, bow and aegis) are completely relevant still. Higher skill dmg and better suited for pvp. Brood crates are down because of a saturated market. Period.
There used to be 2 types of players, 2 ways to play and be successful (make gold), the "elite farmer" (relatively plat free farming of elite pink drops) and the "crate popper" (plat user opening crates for loot). I myself preferred farming as it was more fun, more consistent and felt more like playing a game than gambling. It was also comparatively lucrative with a bit of work. Now the elite farmer is all but gone, this method of play rendered useless by the developer themselves. This economy is the way it is because is driven solely by plat. Ppl buy bundles and covert to gold by selling ankhs and luck lix cuz there's no alternative. Coincidence? I think not. Need jewels? Here, buy this limited time jewel elixer or jewel chest for a chance at a drop. These jewel drop rates are abysmal but there's new gear every 2 months now. Coincidence?
In a plat driven economy, there will never be stability. Combine this reality with the monotony that has become of crafting and questing and it's leaving us wanting more. Here's my suggestion...expect less.

Gore y u still play dis silly game? ;/

Ebezaanec
02-15-2016, 10:34 AM

And can you believe that after all these years and seasons, we still don't have actual mythic/arcane gear dropping from mobs? Well, I guess we have Ren'gol Runes and Planar Pendant recipes, right?

Cead
02-15-2016, 10:36 AM

There was a time forumers cried for new mythics and arcanes so they could set new goals, they also, somehow, wanted these stuff to be cheap. Now we have what we always wanted imagine my surprise when i see people complaining they don't like new stuff and prefer their items to be expensive.

I guess STS can't make everyone happy.

Kingofninjas
02-15-2016, 09:45 PM
It's a game.... You lost gold. Wow. That's 10 pixels gone. Did you get your enjoyment out of the gear? Yes? Then it's money well spent in my opinion. When the first set of lvl 46 mythic weapons came out, I had an Elon Bow, and frost gun. Lost a bunch of gold. My 3 eye wisdom gun devalued from 15m to 8m if I'm lucky. Do I care? No. I enjoyed using it and sometimes still do. If you bought items to merch and they lost value, well welcome to merching. If it was always a profit, everyone would do it. It's because of the risk involved that not everyone merches. I enjoy merching just for the thrill of seeing how much gold I can make. If I lose gold, well that's part of the fun too. People need to remember that at the end of the day AL is just a game and gold is just STS creating pixels.

Visiting
02-15-2016, 10:55 PM
It's a game.... You lost gold. Wow. That's 10 pixels gone. Did you get your enjoyment out of the gear? Yes? Then it's money well spent in my opinion. When the first set of lvl 46 mythic weapons came out, I had an Elon Bow, and frost gun. Lost a bunch of gold. My 3 eye wisdom gun devalued from 15m to 8m if I'm lucky. Do I care? No. I enjoyed using it and sometimes still do. If you bought items to merch and they lost value, well welcome to merching. If it was always a profit, everyone would do it. It's because of the risk involved that not everyone merches. I enjoy merching just for the thrill of seeing how much gold I can make. If I lose gold, well that's part of the fun too. People need to remember that at the end of the day AL is just a game and gold is just STS creating pixels.

Kingoffinances :O

konafez
02-16-2016, 02:59 AM
Gets stick, goes in search of nearest dead horse...

Veenihiv
02-16-2016, 03:14 AM
LoL Don't u guys think it's time to close this thread down ??

konafez
02-16-2016, 03:43 AM

My point exactly vee

Titanium
02-17-2016, 03:42 AM
Gets stick, goes in search of nearest dead horse...

The economy situation stands tall for people with nothing to do in game just chatting and do few pve runs. It's very awesome. I'm happy that AL is affordable by f2p like myself. But the boredom in game and nothing to make gold from affects the economy. On the other side, STS feeds more the poorness with more releases of thousands of items better than the previous ones which were released not much than 1 month ago. People will always think this is right to achieve in game and what awesome it is *clap clap* .

Yea, are just pixels. But we are investing time in pixels, my time, your time , everybody's time is invested in pixels. If I'm investing time I'm expecting to get something in return which will make me to achieve stats much higher than someone else who doesn't do nothing in game. People don't want to understand, they are too happy of their current situation. All my gold in game is invested like this 60% of my current gear and 40% of my gold kept in stash for future releases. I'm having a lot of gold and I don't know what to do with it with the unstable economy. Feel my pain? If you are thinking that you are so right ... go back to your cave and stop asking to close this thread when a lot of feedback can be given day-by-day by people who are affected by the economy.

xZauiflele
02-17-2016, 04:21 AM
The economy situation stands tall for people with nothing to do in game just chatting and do few pve runs. It's very awesome. I'm happy that AL is affordable by f2p like myself. But the boredom in game and nothing to make gold from affects the economy. On the other side, STS feeds more the poorness with more releases of thousands of items better than the previous ones which were released not much than 1 month ago. People will always think this is right to achieve in game and what awesome it is *clap clap* .

Yea, are just pixels. But we are investing time in pixels, my time, your time , everybody's time is invested in pixels. If I'm investing time I'm expecting to get something in return which will make me to achieve stats much higher than someone else who doesn't do nothing in game. People don't want to understand, they are too happy of their current situation. All my gold in game is invested like this 60% of my current gear and 40% of my gold kept in stash for future releases. I'm having a lot of gold and I don't know what to do with it with the unstable economy. Feel my pain? If you are thinking that you are so right ... go back to your cave and stop asking to close this thread when a lot of feedback can be given day-by-day by people who are affected by the economy.
Whenever i buy sonething that devalue before i came to enjoy the worth nvm, not everyone can afford losses. Many of my frnds did same :p all lost gold. Only those who kept gold=gold are happy now :p sts don't make plat prior crate prior events :p ill remember the recent plat sale which cause the depreciation to begin.

Cead
02-17-2016, 02:14 PM

I believe AL economy is just suffering from old age and platfarmers fall from grace. My guess is if there was a Solution to the slow decline of AL economy it would had been found time ago, Energizeric alone battered the horse with enough mastery to get anyone tired or consider STG a bunch of incompetents.

Talking about stuff to do, AL has been like this for years, there were always times you couldnt't sleep at night cause you had to do something and times you almost deleted the game from boredom. How would you fix this? More events? More events is synonymous of more recycled stuff since there won't be enough time between each event to properly plan anything and last time i checked nobody liked recolored stuff, except when they think they are arlors sets. Do you want to know what would really relieve part of your boredom? A new cap, but you dont want a new cap.

Talking about Instability, its demoralising to come back and see STS still cant produce any important piece of equipment without buffing or nerfing it afterwards, i believe by now everyone must have acknowledged we are their only decent testers or they probably never even test anything behind the doors. Instability is bad and imo it made many people quit this game but if you are still here and resisted despite all the mistakes, favoritisms, platfarmers, and secret nerfs you should had learnt by now instability is part of AL and it offers room for not only losing gold but also making profit. If a new item comes out you should keep in mind before any investment you might lose or make gold but i think you know this already. You are a merchant, right?

TL;DR Its too late to make a thread and think you can fix the fundamental flaws of this game. Demanding a reward for your time is, excuse me, ridiculous. You will never recover the time spent on this game so think about it carefully if it worths your time. As for me i am still convinced it wont anymore but i cant find a better game on the playstore, fml.

Titanium
02-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Talking about Instability, its demoralising to come back and see STS still cant produce any important piece of equipment without buffing or nerfing it afterwards, i believe by now everyone must have acknowledged we are their only decent testers or they probably never even test anything behind the doors. Instability is bad and imo it made many people quit this game but if you are still here and resisted despite all the mistakes, favoritisms, platfarmers, and secret nerfs you should had learnt by now instability is part of AL and it offers room for not only losing gold but also making profit. If a new item comes out you should keep in mind before any investment you might lose or make gold but i think you know this already. You are a merchant, right?

TL;DR Its too late to make a thread and think you can fix the fundamental flaws of this game. Demanding a reward for your time is, excuse me, ridiculous. You will never recover the time spent on this game so think about it carefully if it worths your time. As for me i am still convinced it wont anymore but i cant find a better game on the playstore, fml.

I was talking about the farming aspect. Believe it or not , are games out there who are offering compensations in currencies achieved with real money only - for server instabilities, secret nerfs, anything which affects the gaming from their side. I'm not expecting any reward or cake from anyone. I'm just worried about stuff which come out on forum. The only compensation i want from this game, is from the work i put in. For example, let's say tomorrow sts will release ursoth event, and are going to be new crates , new weapons whatever. As a person who makes all his gold from hoarding. I will hoard these crates for 1month or 2months . Expecting the price to go up in this time **boom** STS releases an annoucement with new weapons. All my hard work, all the energy which i need to used to get those recipes crate ( bought with platinum ) is dispersed. Prices are going down, everybody sells... nobody buys. GG ! I'm not a merchant. I quitted merching after season 5 cause of instability caused by economy. I'm having enough experience to not get affected but still ... such a shame.

konafez
02-17-2016, 05:45 PM
I I'm not expecting any reward or cake from anyone.
Oh I expect cake from everyone. In fact if your not giving me cake your just wrong..all your cake are belong to me!

Newcomx
02-17-2016, 06:16 PM
I was talking about the farming aspect. Believe it or not , are games out there who are offering compensations in currencies achieved with real money only - for server instabilities, secret nerfs, anything which affects the gaming from their side. I'm not expecting any reward or cake from anyone. I'm just worried about stuff which come out on forum. The only compensation i want from this game, is from the work i put in. For example, let's say tomorrow sts will release ursoth event, and are going to be new crates , new weapons whatever. As a person who makes all his gold from hoarding. I will hoard these crates for 1month or 2months . Expecting the price to go up in this time **boom** STS releases an annoucement with new weapons. All my hard work, all the energy which i need to used to get those recipes crate ( bought with platinum ) is dispersed. Prices are going down, everybody sells... nobody buys. GG ! I'm not a merchant. I quitted merching after season 5 cause of instability caused by economy. I'm having enough experience to not get affected but still ... such a shame.
You hoarding, you make bad judgment hoarding those items and now you complain that your "investment" not making gold? Get different investment strategy. Me myself stop hoarding too many items because of the price fluctuations. Many ways to have fun playing this game... playing "economy/ business" game is only one of them.

marsu4u
02-17-2016, 07:27 PM
Guys I agree with all your saying, but think about it from STS's half, how difficult would it be to fix the entire market of the game? There is not much they can do as faar as I can see. So we need to start suggesting some ideas or IDK something that will allow them to fix this issues with items being cheap and the market price of everything going completely down. For example when I started AL Arcane Maul was in the 30 mil and now its 3 mil. The price/rarity of items are not adding up, so I agree that STS need to rethink about the stats for the new gear. But yeah that my opinion :P

Titanium
02-18-2016, 01:41 AM
You hoarding, you make bad judgment hoarding those items and now you complain that your "investment" not making gold? Get different investment strategy. Me myself stop hoarding too many items because of the price fluctuations. Many ways to have fun playing this game... playing "economy/ business" game is only one of them.

I think i mentioned like 489728947 times that i didn't make any investement in any weapon. I didn't suffer any loss. Before assuming something about me, read the heck every line I wrote in this thread. Hope you continue to enjoy the game as it is.

Titanium
02-18-2016, 02:11 AM
Titanium, meh frend, meh brotha, pak econmy, pak monie, just buf fok wars ffs

I give up, brotha. Imma go find a twink thread or something . I hoarded 8932693 sns eggs expecting the price to be 130m like before. Bad investements :( Gonna give you something much better to read than whatever uselezz poor poayers saiyng. Witten more than 6 months ago

Sorry my bad englisch, but i dont like, now all people has nekro, before just few people has nekor and can make money now grrrrrr, i want sns egg and my freinds too we can pay. So fossil drop rate so high, make event and sns back. Or i want new arcane pet for crafting like fossil, and new arcane pet better then nekro, pl buff open nekro shield. So now useless poor players bought low price arc ring and fossil, its fair so riches poayer? My freind ppl boguht before 90 mill ar ane ring fossil 50 mill now fossil 1 mill arcane ring 3 mill0, 0
Its fok bs.

Visiting
02-18-2016, 02:11 AM
I give up, brotha. Imma go find a twink thread or something . I hoarded 8932693 sns eggs expecting the price to be 130m like before. Bad investements :( Gonna give you something much better to read than whatever uselezz poor poayers saiying

Hopefully this item that everyone thinks you invested in was an original jester set so I can hypothetically borrow it when I return to AL :D

Titanium
02-18-2016, 02:16 AM
Hopefully this item that everyone thinks you invested in was an original jester set so I can hypothetically borrow it when I return to AL :D

Going to be availabel soon for 1300 plats. Bring you credit card when you are returning .

konafez
02-18-2016, 01:58 PM
OK, so what is your solution to the problem, you keep posting how bad things are..but what is your solution?

Stop things from dropping from locks? Well that would kill the price of locks , and there's so much stuff out there now that it would take a year for the prices to come back up ( see Halloween even 2014 and what it did to the value of Grimm eggs)

Roll back the arcane weapons update? Well then Sts is going to have to give people back all the cash they spent on plat to pop locks..and let's be honest..that's just not going to happen

Take out the free plat offers? Well Sts is a businesses, and that have to moneterize the game ( make mony off of the f2p players) if they don't..then the game goes away and then well none of this matters

The facts are , for every person yowling about how bad the economy is, there is someone screaching for buffed jewel and fang drops, and more double plat offers. Honestly I would love to go back before the elite ren maps came out, I was making 700k a week farming but that got shot to ( insert banable word here).

I can also remember working my butt off for 12 locks and 10 fire gems, and selling it all for 65k in cs ..
I'm not disagreeing with anyone, the point I have been trying to make is...this is the same thing that people have been complaining about ever since I started playing, its just white noise at this point..

So..here is your stick..over there is your dead horse..beat away my friend..

Titanium
02-18-2016, 03:20 PM
OK, so what is your solution to the problem, you keep posting how bad things are..but what is your solution?

I previously posted that giving a mythic/arcane weapon from crates and another one from elites which can compete together... might fix the economy . But giving 3 types of weapon in 4 months all from crates is just beyond my expectations as a "successful" f2p, maybe is just me who finds it way too much? the market crash? I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for such ridiculous odds for arcane items. I'm happy that everyone is enjoying the game lately. Until they will get bored and then everybody will understand whatever I'm suggesting here from the starters. I'm bored cause I don't have nothing to farm and to make gold from. Merching is not my thing anymore, since season 4. Market crashed cause of the hilarious supply and rumours of the upcoming cap. Demand is too offering. Let's face it. If we didn't have no arcane weapons, no rumours about level cap 56 now we would had people busy farming fangs . SNS would be 30m still.

Wide market crashes:

Arcane ring's price felt after 9 months so please.
Ancient planar's pendant felt after 7 months, please.
Nekro felt's after more than 1 season, please.
Samael's price felt after 2 seasons

Supply of above mentioned items increased but still though....

potpot
02-21-2016, 06:45 AM
I previously posted that giving a mythic/arcane weapon from crates and another one from elites which can compete together... might fix the economy . But giving 3 types of weapon in 4 months all from crates is just beyond my expectations as a "successful" f2p, maybe is just me who finds it way too much? the market crash? I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for such ridiculous odds for arcane items. I'm happy that everyone is enjoying the game lately. Until they will get bored and then everybody will understand whatever I'm suggesting here from the starters. I'm bored cause I don't have nothing to farm and to make gold from. Merching is not my thing anymore, since season 4. Market crashed cause of the hilarious supply and rumours of the upcoming cap. Demand is too offering. Let's face it. If we didn't have no arcane weapons, no rumours about level cap 56 now we would had people busy farming fangs . SNS would be 30m still.

Wide market crashes:

Arcane ring's price felt after 9 months so please.
Ancient planar's pendant felt after 7 months, please.
Nekro felt's after more than 1 season, please.
Samael's price felt after 2 seasons

Supply of above mentioned items increased but still though....

yea it gets boring after all..
Best season or expansion that I enjoyed was Nordr Expansion. The whole season youre just farming. ANy pinks looted youll feel good. but nowadays most pinks are trash.

I be quitting in a while..

And be back when there is worth time spending in the game again.

Brianv333
02-21-2016, 09:02 PM
I certainly agree, I am heavily dissapointed with what sts has done to the economy. Now, on the other hand, has it given a chance to weaker players? Of course. But, did it really help the people who worked the hardest? Nope. That, my friends, is why this topic is sensitive—no matter which way you go, you offend a certain group of people...

raxaxic
02-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Sts please close this thread, it's way out of control imho. Thanks

Att
02-22-2016, 01:09 AM
sts please close this thread, it's way out of control imho. Thanks

nooooooooooooooo

vikram bhat
02-22-2016, 07:29 AM
You should keep tight the drop rate of all arcane items STS .. Arcane means rarity. If all can get all arcanes easly then it hurts games economy .. Tight the all arcane drop rates ..
TY STS

aneshsinghblu
02-22-2016, 09:32 AM
high drop rates is a sales gimmick . .more locks will be opened. .
mmmm he looted this and that. . she got this .
let me try my luck

Edward Green
02-22-2016, 10:37 AM
I have only been playing the game for a few months, and have seen items I paid dearly for drop in value significantly. I don't care.

I see buying stuff in AL as nothing like buying a new car. Rather it is like buying a gaming PC. If you buy a top of the range rig within 6 months something with the same performance will be considerably cheaper. Same with weapons or other items in AL, although it may be weeks rather than months in some cases. But I am paying for the pleasure of using the kit either way.

Just like the PC industry sometimes something disruptive happens - like sudden hikes or drops in the price of RAM. Other things stay stable, like decent keyboards or mice.

Yes STS engineers disruption with events. No I can't control it. Yes I can take advantage of it.

All the buy one get one free Luck elixirs I bought with horded platinum from double platinum events will soon be worth considerably more - but I was also happy to sell plenty to buy Arcane equipment I wanted now. Ren's are down in price at the moment. They will probably go up. Arcanes will go up shortly I imagine as well when this event ends. Jewels seem pretty stable, and with two spare characters bought with Story tokens I have plenty of crafting space to hit the profit sweet spot for them.

All of this is true whether you are farming ren's with gold bought luck elixirs to buy the best kit, or if you are sinking platinum and real Ł$s into the game (like any other hobby).

I am just still amazed that the game has so much depth and enjoyment and runs across all my devices from a Ł250 Chromebook through tablets, phones to my desktop PC.

Remiem
02-22-2016, 12:18 PM
Hey guys. There is a lot of valuable feedback here and we truly appreciate all of your opinions on the subject of the AL economy. I'm going to close this thread for now to make sure it doesn't get off track. Thanks!