PDA

View Full Version : Thinking out loud...

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Ok,

So in the last few days we have seen threads suggesting Fourth of July and American collegiate vanity items (I still want a Bama helmet!!). However, I understand the devs points with these being Amercianized ideas and not serving the function of our global community. Welllllll....

While watching the Women's World Cup today, it hit me: World themed vanity items. Basically, vanity shields/armor which represent the country you are from. I understand this would take a great deal of work because of the vast amounts of vanities which would have to be made, but I think it is an idea which would catch on quickly and would allow EVERYONE the chance to represent something close to them.

Thoughts... Ideas... Suggestions...

noobmigo
06-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Or they could do the soccer ball gun. Or soccer vanity helm.

Silentarrow
06-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I like the idea of it. Maybe a flag as a cape?

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Or they could do the soccer ball gun. Or soccer vanity helm.

Good idea but I'm not focusing on the sport... The sport just gave the idea.

I love it!!

Pandamoni
06-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Cool idea! I'd like antenna. Or something like the hearts I love so much.

Kraze
06-29-2011, 12:55 PM
As awesome as this sounds. (uncle Sam hat on my bird ftw) it would be so massive to include every country people play from and to easy to alienate some players. But hey the cape thing would be awesome in like some super hero like get up complete with the cheesy mask and all

Pharcyde
06-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Welllll... Fireworks were made in China. United States has a event based completely around fireworks. UK and Africa use fireworks during rugby and soccer matches. Sooo.. Why not just make a bow/gun that shoots fireworks? Then a GIANT firework as a shield. Then for the enchantress, it would be a spinning sparkler shield. Then the vanity should be a oldschool Chinese helmet. Maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.

Hundreds of years ago, Chinese performers had a square block of wood strapped to their head. There was leather straps around the chin. Then there were fireworks attached to the top of the block of wood. Then during plays and performances, the fireworks would shoot off of the top of their heads when they lit them. So why not make something like that with shooting fireworks?

As awesome as this sounds. (uncle Sam hat on my bird ftw) it would be so massive to include every country people play from and to easy to alienate some players. But hey the cape thing would be awesome in like some super hero like get up complete with the cheesy mask and all

Good point on countries. But the capes doesn't fit Fourth of July? Maybe Superhero day.

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Again, just me thinking out loud, but I envision something like the Captain America shield. That would be more than awesome.

NECROREAPER
06-29-2011, 02:30 PM
If I could just get an ahu'ula from the devs, I would forego my pumpkin:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2866180744_7ce30825cb_b_d.jpg

Kraze
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Again, just me thinking out loud, but I envision something like the Captain America shield. That would be more than awesome.
Awesome but if we are going to copyright infringe I want a punisher skull vanity armor

Whirlzap
06-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Welllll... Fireworks were made in China.
That just reminded me of Kung Fu Panda 2, with the woman talking in the beginning.

Pandamoni
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Ooooh, a luchador mask! I'd like that :D

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Awesome but if we are going to copyright infringe I want a punisher skull vanity armor

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not looking for comic book themes, I want to keep it within the realm of country representation. The Captain America reference was just an example.

Kraze
06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Please don't misunderstand me. I am not looking for comic book themes, I want to keep it within the realm of country representation. The Captain America reference was just an example.
I follow and agree it would be awesome but the overhead in creating all these different designs and the threads that would get made like "omg I just got booted for reason "NO FRENCHIES" it would just be more trouble than it's worth IMO. So I was just trying to add a lil humor to things as I am prone to do such things.

csb
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Then i get booted from a group for having the wrong flag :-P

CrimsonTider
06-29-2011, 04:45 PM
I follow and agree it would be awesome but the overhead in creating all these different designs and the threads that would get made like "omg I just got booted for reason "NO FRENCHIES" it would just be more trouble than it's worth IMO. So I was just trying to add a lil humor to things as I am prone to do such things.

I think they will boot no matter what. Like me getting booted today with my lvl 45 cause I was embarrassing the host (lvl 55). LOL But I see where you are coming from. Sad but true.

noobmigo
06-29-2011, 05:03 PM

"NO FRENCHIES" lol.

Made my day. I'm siggin jus t that, if you don't mind.

Kraze
06-29-2011, 09:30 PM
"NO FRENCHIES" lol.

Made my day. I'm siggin jus t that, if you don't mind.
No worries may make it my new default battle cry lol

Phoenixking
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
How about a sports one soccer cannons racket 'clubs' would look nice and throwing a basket ball or base ball bat!! Base ball base as sheilds would look cool

PatsoeGamer
06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
I like the idea of the flag on a shield! Another idea could be to have flags mounted to your backs on sticks lol