PDA

View Full Version : First Feedback!

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 12:40 PM
As a good beta tester knows, there is a lot more to beta testing than playing a video game. All parts of the software need to be tested. Today I took my lunch break to try to break the first beta release even though it doesn't even connect to the game.

-Move to phone and Move to SD functionality worked beautifully (and I love that it installed to SD by default)
-Install and uninstall both went very smooth (with the exception of Vcast App Store shenanigans, but that has nothing to do with Star Legends)
-The program opened and was able to detect the incompatible server on both 3G and Wifi
-The interface that appears with the three links to choose the update from worked great. All three links went to their respective destinations, though the URLs were obviously broken as the app isn't available at any of those locations.
-When attempting to connect while in airplane mode I was still given the screen telling me that I need to update, so I deleted program data. The next time I attempted to connect it just stayed on the connecting screen indefinitely. There should be some notification that the phone is in airplane mode.
-In all program states I was able to hit back to exit or home to minimize

Samhayne
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks!

Acyer
06-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Also the "Are you sure you want to quit?" Menu needs to moved a lil bit as the ? Comes out of the box

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Also the "Are you sure you want to quit?" Menu needs to moved a lil bit as the ? Comes out of the box

Good catch! I'm kicking myself for not seeing that now :P I forgot to mention all my testing was done on the Xperia Play.

Samhayne
06-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Acyer, what device are you on?

Acyer
06-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Acyer, what device are you on?
DROID x and a x2 my wifes incredible shows it straight tho weird
The DROID x is showing it off centered

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 01:59 PM
I feel terrible about not catching the fact that the quit dialogue trailed off past the edge of the interface. I looked into it a bit more. The problem was reported on a Droid X2 and an Xperia Play with resolutions of 540X960 and 480X854 respectively. He said it did not appear on an Incredible 2, 480X800. The first two have a ratio of about .56 while the last one has a ratio of about .6 so that is probably what the issue is.