PDA

View Full Version : ATTN VERIZON users

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I made an account just to post this... lol

http://mobile.vzw.com/VCASTApps

Here's the link if you have Verizon, and you don't have the correct VCAST app.

Enjoy!

EDIT

This will only work for a Verizon phone, and it must be on this list.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Cast

I was going to link the Verizon website, but its screwed up and says no phones are Vcast compatible

romgar1
06-29-2011, 02:32 PM
IIiiiiiiiiiits SAFE!!!!!

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Guys don't use this. I talked to verizon today. And they said you either have it or not. There was no other way to get it.

Register
06-29-2011, 02:40 PM
:D edit powers!

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Are you serious? That's Verizon's mobile site. It's ugly as hell.

I already talked to SamHayne about it, he told me to post it myself, as to not "steal my thunder."

Glad to see my time to bother posting info to help you all with the confusion was worth it.

Register
06-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Show the pm then please.

thugimmortal
06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
Are you serious? That's Verizon's mobile site. It's ugly as hell.

I already talked to SamHayne about it, he told me to post it myself, as to not "steal my thunder."

Glad to see my time to bother posting info to help you all with the confusion was worth it.

On behalf of the Verizon users Thank you
Welcome to the forum dude :)

I wish i was on verizon but sadly im not :(

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 02:52 PM
1: you cannot get a virus on android. Its Linux based. Derp?

2: there's alot of confusion about which market to download the app from. I took the time to make an account, to post the Verizon mobile link, that btw, I was provided by Verizon. (Hint, you can view page info to see the certificate)

3: Hey there,

Thanks for the link and working to help others out. We really appreciate it. Rather than steal your thunder and post the link for you, I fixed your problem with posting. It was because the forum hadn't seen validation of your e-mail for your account. When you create the account, you should have received an e-mail with a link you needed to click to validate and be able to post.

However, you don't need to validate it anymore; I've cleared you and you should be able to post. If you want to post that link and what it is for other users, that would be great.

Thanks! -Samhayne

Register
06-29-2011, 02:53 PM
hmmm i googled the address and its been brought up in a few other forums....it may be safe...

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 02:59 PM
hmmm i googled the address and its been brought up in a few other forums....it may be safe...
OR you could just view the website certificates and see that it is, in fact, authentic.

And yeah, if I sound like an *** now, of because I took the time to help this whole massive bit of confusion you all ar having, and receive mutliple spankings from it.

Register
06-29-2011, 03:01 PM
OR you could just view the website certificates and see that it is, in fact, authentic.

And yeah, if I sound like an *** now, of because I took the time to help this whole massive bit of confusion you all ar having, and receive mutliple spankings from it.

lol your first few posts and people already are questoning you! Nice job lmao!

.....rofl

i dont see any certificate tho :confused: how do you get to the certificate tho im fairly sure im doing it right.

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
lol your first few posts and people already are questoning you! Nice job lmao!

.....rofl

Perhaps if you researched a little before you jumped to conclusions there wouldn't be people running around crying "wolf".

I merely took the time to alleviate some confusion.

Take it or leave it, lol.

And yes. I have been lurking for a long time, very anxious to see SL on my list of apps.

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't believe the number of hostile replies here. It isn't hard to see that the link is legit. I'm disappointed.

That said, thank you for your contribution and don't let the negative knee jerk reactions get you down. They had good intentions, even if they were wrong.

Yvonnel
06-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the link. Appreciate it. It is exactly what the OP states.

Thanks to you Sam for directing him to post.

Register
06-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Lol sorry...But its just kinda hard to believe a new person who comes in and the very first post is a download link...

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 03:17 PM
I have an anti virus on my phone. So I tried dling it to test for all. And it doesn't work. I click dl and get an error.

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
I have an anti virus on my phone. So I tried dling it to test for all. And it doesn't work. I click dl and get an error.

you have to have a Verizon VCAST enabled phone for it to work.

And btw.. if you have android... ditch the Anti virus. Its a complete waste

Register
06-29-2011, 03:22 PM
you have to have a Verizon VCAST enabled phone for it to work.

And btw.. if you have android... ditch the Anti virus. Its a complete waste

errr it would be better then nothing...

apoceq
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
It works! Thank you sir! :)

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I do have a vcast phone. And there are viruses and bad programs on android. Anti virus is helpful

thugimmortal
06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Lol sorry...But its just kinda hard to believe a new person who comes in and the very first post is a download link...

He has been on the forum as a guest and probably saw people saying thier app wasnt working and out of the goodness of his heart posted a way to help.
At least he took the time to contact sam not many new members would.

I say again Thanks dude and welcome lol :)

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I do have a vcast phone. And there are viruses and bad programs on android. Anti virus is helpful

Impossible. Do some research. Androids cannot get viruses. Quite a bit of antivirus programs for android are just a hoax for those who don't understand how Linux works. Its just using up system resources.

On topic.

Ill update the OP with a list of compatible phones.

romgar1
06-29-2011, 03:29 PM
An interesting beginning for mr toucher. Welcome to the forums indeed. I do apologize for my first post but I have a good friend who is a Verizon tech. I had just talked to her and she assured me there wasn't a way to get vcast if your phone doesn't already have it. However, my phone does. Im also sorry for reporting this thread. :/ a fisher app could indeed be a window for a hacker to steal info from your phone but mrtoucher is right viruses would be very rare

Derajdefyre
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
The only "viruses" for android are programs that people still need to install. Android even warns you what a program can do when you install it. Anti virus for android truly is a waste. You are only infected if you take deliberate steps to infect yourself.

apoceq
06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
My VCAST was not working before I downloaded the .apk

I went there, downloaded through my phone web-browser and installed it. Now it works like a charm. Stop hatin on people, he did us a favor.

StompArtist
06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
August 10th 2010 Android got hit by it's first virus. Look it up!

apoceq
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I have been infected by a virus before...renamed a bunch of things on my SD card and i eventually had to wipe it clean...

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Glad to have helped.

Off topic.

Yes, there are malicious programs. They don't just wander into your phone, you actually install them. An antivirus does nothing against this.

Its easy to spot by viewing the permissions. If its acceding your location, contacts, history, recent calls ETC I would be wary.

Back on topic!

Kyle Wise
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Side note. My phone is rooted. So I had the old vcast app frozen. You must have the app fully original. No uninstall. No freeze. Or it won't download. I got it to dl. But I just lost my wifi. And I'm not in service area atm. So no clue if it works. I'm guessing it does. My apologies to the op. Verizon had just told me I was sol

Acyer
06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Yep my original DROID x has it but The one on my x2 wont work ugh guess I will not be using tegra on star legends...back to my DROIDX.

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Side note. My phone is rooted. So I had the old vcast app frozen. You must have the app fully original. No uninstall. No freeze. Or it won't download. I got it to dl. But I just lost my wifi. And I'm not in service area atm. So no clue if it works. I'm guessing it does. My apologies to the op. Verizon had just told me I was sol

It doesn't matter if your rooted, or running a custom ROM.
If you have Verizon.
AND of your phone is on the list.
It will work.

I'm running a Droid Incredible with Cyanogen MOD7NIGHTLY with the InvisibleK kernel @1190mhz oc'ed.

My phone did NOT come with vcast apps from the factory.

razerfingers
06-29-2011, 04:01 PM
geez guys calm down he was trien to be helpful

Register
06-29-2011, 04:02 PM
sorry for the unwarm welcome. But your welcomed with a warm dex bear hug now :D

razerfingers
06-29-2011, 04:05 PM
i was like he makes an account to help and gets told its a scam i wouldnt come back here if that happened to me lol

Register
06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
i was like he makes an account to help and gets told its a scam i wouldnt come back here if that happened to me lol

lol...that woldnt be good if he ran away cuz of that....

razerfingers
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
well ya but still some people would lol

Aculeas
06-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Not working on my D1 have the app

Error: cannot verify account information

Annnd the link you provided says they cannot process my request.

I am a sad panda.

Diodge
06-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I can only find Lone Star Legends.... How did you finding it?
I tried star , Legend, star legends ....I thought it would be linked to PL. cant find it

you link is giveing me a error..............

Acyer
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
I can only find Lone Star Legends.... How did you finding it?
I tried star , Legend, star legends ....I thought it would be linked to PL. cant find it

you link is giveing me a error..............
Star legends has been taken down as it wasn't ready to be launched. Stay tuned as the devs will give us info on it.

Diodge
06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
oh ok .. Thank You Acyer

thugimmortal
06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I wonder how many forum members have verizon and are able to give feedback.

rocket
06-29-2011, 06:34 PM
I have a Verizon Droid X and the link works.

Samhayne
06-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Ouch! Sorry for the confusion. The link is legit.

mrTOUCHER
06-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Ouch! Sorry for the confusion. The link is legit.

^------Better now people? Lol. I am not a Troll..... :p

romgar1
06-29-2011, 08:18 PM
We never accused you of being a troll. :) maybe some other things but those turned out to be false too. hehe One thing is for sure... you are an avatar copier

Fyrce
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
The link was very useful. I have Verizon but an older phone I've been thinking of upgrading. Not sure yet whether I'm doing it and what to upgrade to :P Read more about cell phones and tablets and features in last two days than I've done in over a year. LOL.

Weak_Sauce
06-30-2011, 09:57 AM
You just saved my life, my vcast app wouldnt load or update or anything else and I could not find a place to redownload it... thank you!

mrTOUCHER
06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Your welcome :)

Teddyache
07-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks. The link worked perfectly on my Thunderbolt. I had to read a little to figure it out but I've been doing a lot of that anyway... :)

Teddyache
07-03-2011, 12:53 AM
I wonder how many forum members have verizon and are able to give feedback.

I have both a droid phone and an iPad. I knew there was a reason I got both. Glad it finally paid off! Or at least it will in a few days.

PS yay first posts. I've been reading for a few months and found the forum very helpful so far.

davidis57
07-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Just be patient v-cast users it will happen for you soon enough. Your all like little boys and girls at Christmas shaking the gifts under the tree and waiting on your parents to say go. The rest of us have to wait a few weeks. Lucky you that you get Christmas early.

Pocket Legends Characters Timbabird -55 Oldsillymage -55

Colin Healey
07-03-2011, 10:24 AM
I made an account just to post this... lol

http://mobile.vzw.com/VCASTApps

Here's the link if you have Verizon, and you don't have the correct VCAST app.

Enjoy!

EDIT

This will only work for a Verizon phone, and it must be on this list.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Cast

I was going to link the Verizon website, but its screwed up and says no phones are Vcast compatible

this means if you do not have a verizon phone dont bother as aparently verizon phones are better at playing 3d games, and they dont believe any other phone could actually beta test the game properly.(this is my opinion not that of the star legends developers)

you have to remember, betas have several stages, limited beta, closed beta, open beta, release. to understand fully, most games released are actually in an open beta, this is to usually generate revenue to assist in the further development of the program. but foremost to quash any leftover bugs the original beta testers missed.

this is my personal opinion.------V
beta's should be more of a compitition to get in, allowing those who have experience in beta testing to assist in the removal of bugs, and repairing of code errors. you should be good at technical writing, understand mechanics of programming structure. and not just because you have a phone from a special company, so only people in one country are allowed to assist in the beta.

now the average joe use may be going "yeah thats not fair" but really, I have researched phone vendors and the vender has a high profile network that is great for high end testing, I know this game will be AWESOME, and i support the developers decisions.

Thank you for a quality Product.

Pharcyde
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
this means if you do not have a verizon phone dont bother as aparently verizon phones are better at playing 3d games, and they dont believe any other phone could actually beta test the game properly.(this is my opinion not that of the star legends developers)

I respect your opinion, but Spacetime didn't choose V Cast because they are "better" at playing video games. V Cast was chosen because V Cast customers are demandy, and expect high quality. Satisfy a V Cast user, then you can satisfy any mobile customer.

beta's should be more of a compitition to get in, allowing those who have experience in beta testing to assist in the removal of bugs, and repairing of code errors. you should be good at technical writing, understand mechanics of programming structure. and not just because you have a phone from a special company, so only people in one country are allowed to assist in the beta.

Well, it sorta is a competition. Non Verizon users have a chance to get into the beta by competing in Droid Fansite ran events for Beta Keys. The keys would allow players to enter the beta without V Cast.

I do agree with you on beta's should be professional. That is why I am so exited to test the game. I think spacetime believes in it's community enough that they don't have to run professional betas. I mean come on, they got me, Mysticaldream, and Physchologic in the beta. Also many other forumers who will do the awaiting blackstar community proud.

Also, this is a limited Beta. They want a small portion of the population to have access to the beta, not the full community. So V Cast is a very small market, and V Cast also fits the criteria of a beta testing market. Not because their better, because they are very demandy.

Register
07-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I mean come on, they got me, Mysticaldream, and Physchologic in the beta. Also many other forumers who will do the awaiting blackstar community proud. .

You had me up until you said this. There are many people who would do the awaiting SL community proud. You highlight yourself, and two others. I agree that with it but i feel that the statement is too...too....honestly, idk the word for it. Another thing that lost me is that you spelled Physiologic wrong. Rofl.Rofl. I wouldnt care if a caterpillar found the exact same bugs as you. Why does it matter so much on what people did in the past. If you can live up to what made you so respected, then i would agree with the statement. But the beta isnt out yet, thus you cant.

Im disappointed with you Pharcyde...
......-1/4

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 12:29 PM
You had me up until you said this. There are many people who would do the awaiting SL community proud. You highlight yourself, and two others. I agree that with it but i feel that the statement is too...too....honestly, idk the word for it. Another thing that lost me is that you spelled Physiologic wrong. Rofl.Rofl. I wouldnt care if a caterpillar found the exact same bugs as you. Why does it matter so much on what people did in the past. If you can live up to what made you so respected, then i would agree with the statement. But the beta isnt out yet, thus you cant.

Im disappointed with you Pharcyde...
......-1/4

Heheh :P I only mentioned the people who I could actually think of that would be in the beta. If you want, I can make a massive list of people that will be in the sl beta that will make the community proud.

Also many other forumers who will do the awaiting blackstar community proud. .

Physiologic** Ahh.. Yeah he needs to be more active! He's been so inactive that I forgot his name >.<

Register
07-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Physiologic** Ahh.. Yeah he needs to be more active! He's been so inactive that I forgot his name >.<

rofl yeah i havent seen any posts by him recently...lmao but doesnt he have a char name Physcologic or somtin lik dat?

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 03:00 PM
rofl yeah i havent seen any posts by him recently...lmao but doesnt he have a char name Physcologic or somtin lik dat?

I'm totally not sure >.<.

Diodge
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM

jaminn
07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm qquite confused...I have verizon and I have a droid and I have the complete package...(I believe) why can't I find vcast? :(

Pharcyde
07-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I was quite confused too at first, especially since I have never used a Droid before.

V Cast Apps should already be on your phone. Go to the android market, and at the top right, it should say apps. App's is the V Cast market.

mrTOUCHER
07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Its either call Apps, or Vcast market. My link will get you Apps.

Weak_Sauce
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I believe you have to update it to "apps" as the old vcast app doesn't work anymore.

grayfox99
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I believe you have to update it to "apps" as the old vcast app doesn't work anymore.

I've done that, and used the link and updated it and it still doesn't work it's still unable to process my requests. The only vcast apps that works is the one inside the android market, but that section doesnt show star legends being available.

mrTOUCHER
07-06-2011, 02:17 AM
Ijust successfully downloaded and installed SL via the link in OP.

Enjoy!

mike1298
07-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Same here grayfox.

Aculeas
07-06-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm having the same problem and I am now I AM really uppset. Verizon technical support failed they are working on it but won't have a fix anytime soon. I spent an hour talking to them and went through 2 lvls of support. I was spealing to americans no less and they could NOT help. Sam, Devs, spacetime. I implore you to help us out here. To say I was camping out for this is an understatement.

sabermage
07-06-2011, 11:51 AM
I cannot find it in the VCAST Apps section. Am i missing something?

Samhayne
07-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey guys,

I'm waiting to hear back from Verizon support about why some users can find Star Legends in V CAST and some can't. Until then, the only thing I can refer you to try is to contact Verizon support yourself to see if they have any input.

jaggedlilpill
07-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Just got off the phone w/ verizon tech. The statement is misleading as not all verizon users will be able to get into beta only a select few phones have the vcast app available. I think she told me their were like 5 or 6 android phones. Sadly the droid 2, which I own, is not one of them. I'm not sure why the apk can't just be released but anyways guess all those who have those few phones enjoy. We'll have to wait it out with the rest.

elianel
07-06-2011, 12:31 PM
o no my wife take my droid x to work :(

Samhayne
07-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Just got off the phone w/ verizon tech. The statement is misleading as not all verizon users will be able to get into beta only a select few phones have the vcast app available. I think she told me their were like 5 or 6 android phones. Sadly the droid 2, which I own, is not one of them. I'm not sure why the apk can't just be released but anyways guess all those who have those few phones enjoy. We'll have to wait it out with the rest.

The Motorola Droid 2 is on the Wikipedia list of phones that do V CAST. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't. Was it a specific version of Droid 2? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Cast

Also, did you try this link to get V CAST? http://mobile.vzw.com/VCASTApps

Pharcyde
07-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Someone said something about updating the v cast application. I am not droid savy, so anyone know how?

Derajdefyre
07-06-2011, 02:31 PM
It's in the android market, all verizon phones should have a verizon link at the front page of the android marketplace. Click that link and it takes you to special verizon apps, the VCast App Store included.

Pharcyde
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
It's in the android market, all verizon phones should have a verizon link at the front page of the android marketplace. Click that link and it takes you to special verizon apps, the VCast App Store included.

I got that far, but theres a problem, were only some of the devices are showing star legends in V Cast. Some players have gotten it to show by updating their V Cast, I can find anything on it anywhere. Anyone know how?

mike1298
07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
I got that far, but theres a problem, were only some of the devices are showing star legends in V Cast. Some players have gotten it to show by updating their V Cast, I can find anything on it anywhere. Anyone know how?

Instead of searching in V cast, try hitting the "New apps" thing on the home page. I did that and it was the first app on the list.

Ryan Rankine
07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm using the Incredible 2. The website provided gives me "404 not found", and using just "mobile.vzw.com" gives me "The system was unable to process your request".

I have in my apps drawer, a V CAST Apps, but when using it I get "Error: Unale to complete request". When opening the Android Market, clicking on Verizon Apps, I do not see a way to update/download V Cast Apps, or Star Legends Beta :(

WoundedEagle
07-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone want to send me a link in dropbox by email?

WoundedEagle
07-06-2011, 03:53 PM
If someone had Star Legends and Dropbox they could send the email of apps to someone and then the link may make it able to get Star Legends. If you can do this, do Dropbox to cosmpocketlegend@gmail.com

jaggedlilpill
07-06-2011, 04:11 PM
The Motorola Droid 2 is on the Wikipedia list of phones that do V CAST. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't. Was it a specific version of Droid 2? http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Cast

Also, did you try this link to get V CAST? http://mobile.vzw.com/VCASTApps

Yes I did try the link, it dled and installed but upon opening said 'unable to verify account, please contact customer service' and yes I read the wiki and the lady said it was inaccurate. Go figure.

Also, its not in the market under verizon apps.

WoundedEagle
07-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Sorry to hear that :/

sabermage
07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I have resolved my issue.

1. Do not use a browser other than the default browser. I use Dolphin HD Browser, and the link on the page on the first post would just say the page is not available. When using the regular browser, it actually has a file to download.
2. The app is not in the Android Market, but in the app called "Apps" when you go to all your phone applications. The old application was called VCAST Apps, but is now just Apps.

This should let you get into the "Apps" application that goes into the VCAST Apps, and then find Star Legends.

jaggedlilpill
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I have resolved my issue.

1. Do not use a browser other than the default browser. I use Dolphin HD Browser, and the link on the page on the first post would just say the page is not available. When using the regular browser, it actually has a file to download.
2. The app is not in the Android Market, but in the app called "Apps" when you go to all your phone applications. The old application was called VCAST Apps, but is now just Apps.

Tried that to no avail.

This should let you get into the "Apps" application that goes into the VCAST Apps, and then find Star Legends.

Tried that, didn't work.

BCRobin
07-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I've been messing with the V Cast Apps all day...have had the same problems as other Verizon-based Droid users...I have a Droid X from Verizon and have eagerly been anticipating this release and the opportunity to beta-test. I thought I was one of the lucky ones but it seems not....no matter what I've tried, I get an error from V Cast Apps that says "Error: Unable to complete request." I've downloaded from the link in the OP a few different times and installed and restarted and tried again but V Cast won't work and I'm dreading the inevitable call to Verizon support...I'm beginning to think...if V CAST doesn't support Droid 2, does it support Droid X??

WoundedEagle
07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Its all kind of a mess right now. Beta is just being tested so we need to patiently wait. The beta is only 2 weeks which is long but i can cope with it.

Ryan Rankine
07-06-2011, 04:50 PM
OK Big Update for ME! I kept trying the link on the first page with no luck. So I said what the hell, I'll try again, and it worked, it provided a link to download Apps. So I did that and I'm installing Star Legends now.

Just keep trying the link in the nomal browser. You may get "404 not found" but just keep trying every minute or so, mine finally worked!

WoundedEagle
07-06-2011, 04:53 PM
on iPhone :(

WoundedEagle
07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Ryan can you download dropbox pleaseeeeee

grayfox99
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Tried that, didn't work.

Ok so I had the same issues as most of u but I fixed it. I followed the link on the first page, I updated my vcast apps to "apps" it still didn't work. I looked thru verizon's forums and found that a month or so ago several users had the same issues, they uninstalled their update effectively rolling the "apps" back to "vcast apps" then they reinstalled the update. I did this exact same thing and it worked like a charm. So in short

1. update your app thru the link on the first post
2. uninstall the update by going Menu > Settings > manage applications > find the vcast app or "apps" then uninstall updates.
3. go back to the link on the first page using your phone's browser and reinstall the app.

Should fix the issue, it did for me and a bunch of other vzw users on their forums.

jaggedlilpill
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah I tried that as well. Not working. Spent an hour and a half on the phone with vzw. Tech guy said that vcast doesn't work on any of his phones either and he's never seen it work on any of the android based smartphones that he's trouble shooted there. He also said vcast wasn't fully functional yet and still had loads of bugs...not too sure why STS chose to release through vcast due to that in itself. Is there not a way they can make it downloadable for vzw users any other way? I was so psyched for this and under the impression since I was on an android phone with vzw I was included, as were many of the others with issues I'm sure. Its not in the vcast app market either for me. Idk what else to try, 2 phone calls to vzw, one taking an hour and half and doing everything that's been listed here to do.

grayfox99
07-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Have you tried logging onto their website from a PC and sending the app to your phone from the app store on their main site?

DefynGravity
07-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I am New To the Forums here. But I am

Defynluminati (mage) lvl 52
DefynReality (archer) lvl 31

I have just Successfully downloaded Star Legends!!! I have a HTC THUNDERBOLT. I followed the 1st page link and downloaded the link. Then it still didnt work so I did the 2nd step: Settings, manage apps, Go to Vcast Apps now named -Apps- and uninstall updates..... Re download link from here and AT 1ST it showed no improvement. I still got the error msg. But I waited about an hour and just checked to see if it works now And it did!!!

I confirm HTC thunderbolt can get Star legends

Anthony L Zappavigna
07-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Have you tried logging onto their website from a PC and sending the app to your phone from the app store on their main site?

This would work, if they didn't think Droid X wasn't compatible with the program when it is on the compatible phone list....

Ohh oohh... Just tried to open the Vcast download using the stock Browser instead of Dolphin. I had to click "Browser" several times in order for it to start downloading, it kept asking me which browser I wanted to us. (Quite possibly the reason for the errors on Dolphin HD)

However, still getting errors from the Apps program when attempting to do anything with it. Even searching or trying to use the Catalog. All it says is "Error: unable to complete request"

Torrentula81
08-04-2011, 11:32 AM
This thread seems odd. I have xperia play. Downloaded from vcast. Opened app amd said you need to up date and it linked to android market. So im not even sure why they have this game in there in the first place if it doesnt work. I had to uninstal it completely and use one in market.

Samhayne
08-04-2011, 11:35 AM
This thread seems odd. I have xperia play. Downloaded from vcast. Opened app amd said you need to up date and it linked to android market. So im not even sure why they have this game in there in the first place if it doesnt work. I had to uninstal it completely and use one in market.

Yeah, sorry for that. V CAST still has the older version of the client there. They should get it updated shortly. The one on the Market is the one to use until they do.