PDA

View Full Version : What did I do wrong?

Silentarrow
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
While farming in the sewers I got booted without warning. I don't really know what I was doing wrong so that id why I am bringing this to the forums. The person got mad at me because while we were killing Cockroach all the trash bins spawned again, so I started to attack them. Are you not supposed to attack them on their second spawn?

Ayc2000
06-29-2011, 03:48 PM
if you attack them and they "die" roach will be healed

Silentarrow
06-29-2011, 03:50 PM
If my teamates die?

DawnInfinity
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Destroying the trash bins causes the cockroach to be healed. It's better to let it reset and run out of the room until it does.

Ayc2000
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
no if the trash can dies

Silentarrow
06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Oh... Yeah I guess I did deserve to get booted on that one lol.

DawnInfinity
06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
It's a learning experience. :) At least now you know.

StompArtist
06-29-2011, 04:04 PM
That being said whoever booted you was impolite to say the least. Could have easily sent you a message saying "stop attacking the bins". Come on people.

JaytB
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
If you fail to kill him before the cans respawn, you can still kill him. You must just make sure you use only single target weps/spells. So basically, no AOE staffs or skills. As long as nothing is hitting the cans, everybody can stay alive, and roachie will die :)

Although, I have to admit that in most (if not all) PUG's, there are always one or two Mynas gems who get everyone killed :)

Ixillicus
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
That being said whoever booted you was impolite to say the least. Could have easily sent you a message saying "stop attacking the bins". Come on people.

Most of the time myself or someone in the party will ask at the start of the map if everyone knows how to kill the boss. (For the Cockroach and the Zombie King anyways) and then we explain before we get there. I think it's kinda rude to boot without explaining it. I know its hard when the roach gets all powered up but still... booting someone at a boss is pretty mean.

Redbridge
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
No worries - lots of useful guides on Sewers

see http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?22587-In-Depth-Guide-to-Farming-Balefort-Sewers

and http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?19123-New-and-Improved-Balefort-Sewers-Boss-Killing-Guide&highlight=video

Nightarcher
06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
I remember when the Sewers was released and people first came to the cockroach. First try? Just attack it, but the bins healed it and we ran away screaming. Second try? Don't use any damage-dealing AOE skills. But no crowd control or large damage skills caused us all to die. Again. And again. It was a while before people thought to kill the bins first. ;)

Fyrce
06-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Yep, 1st try at roach: kill it. Bins regen'd it. We noticed or rather - Group wipe!

Tried it w/o Aoe's. Worked. Roach died... after a V...E...R...Y... L...O...N...G... T...I...M...E...

We figure there's got to be better way, after all Aoe's are a huge part of most people's skills. We tried dragging the roach out ... didn't work.

At some point, we figured out kill cans first. Check respawn time of cans; try to kill roach before respawn but get ready to not use Aoe's if cans respawn. My bear did a bunch of elixirs there to make sure roach died before cans respawn. That's not really necessary now, but basically, yeah, that's what you did wrong.

Read the guides as someone else suggested (it's a good idea to do this when you are not familiar with an area's bosses). If it's your 1st time at a boss, you could also have said: 1st time at this boss, how to kill? to get some guidance.

Most of the groups I've seen, if there's new people, we do ask if everyone knows how to kill him or we just say: kill cans, kill roach, if cans respawn, no aoes. Also, to kill cans better, you should start w/ the ones in back. Everyone else heads to the ones near the entrance 1st, so if you head to the back and do two, the group will meet you there and you all start in on the roach.

There was one recent group where someone did not understand what Aoes were or rather the cans respawned and you could see the mages hitting them with their Aoes. Oh well. That's when you check the roach's health to see if he'll die before he can get to a dead can or whether it's time to leave the room and try again.