PDA

View Full Version : moo goo gai WTH

bluuuue
06-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Lately I find myself in runs with people who speak english but choose to speak some other language. Im not against people speaking in different tongues but I find it rude and unecessary to chat in other languages ingame, particularly in runs with only five people. The game is in english, you speak english, why exclude people who are running with you just cause you are bilingual. Can't we all be on the same page :). Love bluuuue

Fyrce
06-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Actually some of them don't speak English that well. Doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't sound like they're talking about me... :P

Zeus
06-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't sound like they're talking about me... :P

Fyrce, ap kase ho? Ma hindi meh bolra whoo. Ap chuch nyi kaar saake te. Fyrce, Meh baat apse kaara whoo. Yae ap ko michle ga.

Lots of spelling errors since I don't write in that language, but I speak it. (Hindi).

Ayc2000
06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Fyrce, ap kase ho? Ma hindi meh bolra whoo. Ap chuch nyi kaar saake te. Fyrce, Meh baat apse kaara whoo. Yae ap ko michle ga.

Lots of spelling errors since I don't write in that language, but I speak it. (Hindi).
Lol, I don't get it at all, but I'm pretty sure you're talking about fyrce ;)

Zeus
06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Lol, I don't get it at all, but I'm pretty sure you're talking about fyrce ;)

Translation: Fyrce, how are you? I'm speaking in hindi and you can't do anything about it. Fyrce, I'm talking to you, answer back. I must be bugging the heck out of you.

noobmigo
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Translation: Fyrce, how are you? I'm speaking in hindi and you can't do anything about it. Fyrce, I'm talking to you, answer back. I must be bugging the heck out of you.

:D

Ta ma de! Jiou si ni de ma ma hui da si ni de pi gu ing wei ni si hen ZUI bu gao xing de hai zi. Apollo jiu si hen bu hao kan de Indian. Jiu si wo hui sa ni!

NeoQueen
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Your post seems a little hypocritical to me since you are complaining about people speaking in different languages and want everyone to be on the same page as u as long as they are speaking english. What about those groups where everyone is speaking english and consider those that dont speak rude? They r not rude they dont speak english. Expecting everyone to speak english is not going to happen because this is a game played in many countries and if it really bothers u that much than u should leave the game.

Kakatoa91
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Well at least they speak...
Ive been in more runs where nobody talks than with someone talking a foreign language.

Anyway don't get offended for such a futile stuff. Just because they type in other language doesnt mean they dont respect u.
Its up to you also to engage a conversation if u want or say you are interested to participate in it.
If thats bothering you just say to focus on run or stop flooding or minimize the txt chat or ignore.

In exp runs, i prefer to concentrate on my character, skills, pot; i rarely have time for proper philosophical conversation... if i type too much i die ;)

noobmigo
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Your post seems a little hypocritical to me since you are complaining about people speaking in different languages and want everyone to be on the same page as u as long as they are speaking english. What about those groups where everyone is speaking english and consider those that dont speak rude? They r not rude they dont speak english. Expecting everyone to speak english is not going to happen because this is a game played in many countries and if it really bothers u that much than u should leave the game.

Aha! Nailllled!

Kraze
06-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Hmm nice qoute noob

DawnInfinity
06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
There's been a thread about this before. -.- It didn't go well the first time, and it won't this round. I'm not even going to waste my time by coming up with a lengthy response, but- don't be a jerk. As NeoQueen said, this game is played globally. Things like these set me off, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Just be nice and respectful, if it really bothers you that much, then leave that game.

Zeus
06-29-2011, 09:48 PM
There's been a thread about this before. -.- It didn't go well the first time, and it won't this round. I'm not even going to waste my time by coming up with a lengthy response, but- don't be a jerk. As NeoQueen said, this game is played globally. Things like these set me off, so I'm going to keep my mouth shut. Just be nice and respectful, if it really bothers you that much, then leave that game.

App achi point baanate ho. Ap ko lambi chiti banani ha. Steph, Meh isi language meh baat caru ga. Mugko eik point banana haa.

DawnInfinity
06-29-2011, 09:50 PM
App achi point baanate ho. Ap ko lambi chiti banani ha. Steph, Meh isi language meh baat caru ga. Mugko eik point banana haa.
"Exactly the point. Steph, I don't know why I am speaking this language, but you are so attractive. Thanks for that bow and gold, best friend. That's my point!"

Zeus
06-29-2011, 09:54 PM
"Exactly the point. Steph, I don't know why I am speaking this language, but you are so attractive. Thanks for that bow and gold, best friend. That's my point!"

You got the first part right. The others? Nah, but thanks for the bow and gold! Even though I haven't logged on :).

What my post had said: You make a good point. You should make a long post. Steph, I'm going to speak in this language from now on, because I want to make a point.

Let me rephrase that in Hindi, just for you. This will be compliment riddled.

Steph, ap bari koopsurat ho. Ap bari achi dost ho. Steph, mucko es language meh baat niya karna, bote koshish karni parti hai Hindi meh bolni.

NECROREAPER
06-29-2011, 09:55 PM
BAHAHAHAHA epic win!!!!

DawnInfinity
06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Here is the previous thread about this topic : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26701-All-players-read-and-express-your-opinion.&highlight=language

What I wrote:

I completely disagree. Although the game is primarily English-based, there is no reason to essentially "discriminate" against other people when the game caters to all those across the world. This is just like forcing every person in the United States to learn English. Patience and understanding is definitely necessary when dealing with those of whom which English is not their first and best language of understanding. Making a certain language necessary would definitely alienate a large portion of the game and would be a very drastic mistake in my opinion. There are definitely many more important things ruining "the game experience." If you don't like it, then just leave.

Zeus
06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Here is another thread very similar to this. Oh, btw Steph, I beat you into posting the link. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26701-All-players-read-and-express-your-opinion.)

EDIT: Dang it, no I didn't.

romgar1
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
पार्थ अगर आप हिंदी बोलते जा रहे हैं तो आप इसे के रूप में अच्छी तरह से लिखने की जरूरत है. आदेश और अराजकता और midgard का खेलना दुनिया खेलना बंद करो.
pheonitically written like this:
Pārtha agara āpa hindī bōlatē jā rahē haiṁ tō āpa isē kē rūpa mēṁ acchī taraha sē likhanē kī jarūrata hai. Ādēśa aura arājakatā aura midgard kā khēlanā duniyā khēlanā banda karō.

Ayc2000
06-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Here is another thread very similar to this. Oh, btw Steph, I beat you into posting the link. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26701-All-players-read-and-express-your-opinion.)

EDIT: Dang it, no I didn't.
Lol, ni shi tai man de, ru guo ni Xiang quai yi dianer, lian yi lian ba
Idk about spelling, cause I speak Chinese, but don't write it like this, I use characters, so...

:D

Ta ma de! Jiou si ni de ma ma hui da si ni de pi gu ing wei ni si hen ZUI bu gao xing de hai zi. Apollo jiu si hen bu hao kan de Indian. Jiu si wo hui sa ni!
Lol, I kinda understand, but the first sentance is confusing
Translation: something... So it's your mom answering your butt (?) because you are the most unhappy kid. Apollo is a very bad Indian. So I will scold you!
I think that's it.... Idk, some of the pingyin is wrong...

Zeus
पार्थ अगर आप हिंदी बोलते जा रहे हैं तो आप इसे के रूप में अच्छी तरह से लिखने की जरूरत है. आदेश और अराजकता और midgard का खेलना दुनिया खेलना बंद करो.

Stop playing Order and Chaos and start playing WOM. Oh, but when you translated it literally it meant: Midgard World of Chaos and Order and stop play to play.

DawnInfinity

Basically: Parth, if you're going to write hindi you need to type in it as well. Quit O&C and play WOM.

edit: got ninja-d...

Bgandyful
06-29-2011, 10:05 PM
I completely agree with Dawn.STS competes with Eastern mmorpgs all ....day.....long YOU dont like it Leave.I think its cool.I speak whatever Google Translate.... translates...lol

CanonicalKoi
06-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Lol! I usually tell groups like that that I speak English, bad English and some French. If they want to communicate with me, help me out by using one of those. If they just want to chat without my input, not a problem. :)

Ayc2000
06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Back on topic...
Usually, there are people in cs who ask, does any one speak ------ and I would always try to help obviously they know a little English, but they are more comfortable with their native language...if you don't like it, deal with it

bluuuue
06-29-2011, 11:17 PM
I could have been rude in the way I posted but I choose not to. When I tried to chime in on the conversation I got flamed a few times. And the people I was in runs with DID speak english well enough to be rude and say to me mind my own business. And you don't need to worry about our chat. Well being a casual mmo most everyone is friendly except The same few people who I choose not to play with. So don't talk down to me for speaking the language of the greatest country on gods green earth. If you don't want english speaking people in your run then say so in your jibber jabber language and boot me. Love bluuuue

Zeus
06-30-2011, 12:40 AM
I could have been rude in the way I posted but I choose not to. When I tried to chime in on the conversation I got flamed a few times. And the people I was in runs with DID speak english well enough to be rude and say to me mind my own business. And you don't need to worry about our chat. Well being a casual mmo most everyone is friendly except The same few people who I choose not to play with. So don't talk down to me for speaking the language of the greatest country on gods green earth. If you don't want english speaking people in your run then say so in your jibber jabber language and boot me. Love bluuuue

Here is what's up. People always think just because somebody is talking in a foreign language, that the conversation the two or more people are having revolves around the oblivious? They are likely talking about a private matter that they don't want others to intrude on. It's a pretty dang awesome experience when you find somebody that speaks the same language as you. It establishes a stronger bond. I am a nosy person, but I know my boundaries. If you are so interested in their conversation, what you should do is take a Rosetta Stone Course, learn the language, then come back to that conversation. Arrogance is why many foreigners don't like Americans and think we are nosy.

DawnInfinity
06-30-2011, 12:43 AM
I knew from your title alone that this thread would probably cause me to lose a few brain cells and give me a splitting headache. You could have been rude in the way you posted? Hmm, what?! Some people may take offense to your title alone. Elitist? Discriminatory? Racist? Bigoted? Ignorant? As you said, Pocket Legends is a casual MMO. Don't take what people say in-game seriously, then. I never talked down to you for speaking English, or the grammar-lacking gibberish you are spewing. Oh, and last time I checked... "earth" is a synonym for soil. Which is brown. Love dawn. <3

ps- sorry for my flaming. I had to get my point across just this once.

Jespo
06-30-2011, 12:58 AM
lakurh; aerughkhsbdi uiuah kb raiueghakjb!!

How do you like that for speaking a different language!?

Mr.Wallace
06-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I found there is a simple solution when you joined a game and don't like the language the people speak there:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5261/5886482021_e8bc3ac142.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/61613079@N07/5886482021/)

Grrrrr I wont say what I think about this thread... :mad:

Gluttony
06-30-2011, 01:05 AM
So the point of this thread is what?! Here are some pointers for the future:

If you want to know what they're saying take screenshots and type it into google translate
If it bothers you /ignore target_name (take advantage)
To be fair
If they really wanted to exclude you /r in front of their "private" messages isn't hard
Next time I hope the host uses the boot function instead of taking the time to tell you to mind your own bee's wax

I could have been rude in the way I posted but I choose not to.

Really, did you read the title of the thread; also referring to someone else's language as "jibber jabber" just because you cannot understand it almost tops my list of rude alone. What exactly were you "nice" about?

bluuuue
06-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Did you say elitist. Lol. Yep. You said it. If im so arrogant where is my bliss. Love bluuue and my alt fahqhard. Sry for getting flamed ingame. Next time ill keep my opinion to myself. Biased

bluuuue
06-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Flamed for being curious Ty. Forums are so helpful

Kraze
06-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Eh idk what the big deal is. I speak only English (often poorly) because I'm too lazy to pick up a second one. Pl map is what 5-10 minutes tops and you can move on to a different group and get on with your life. Or rage over it on the forum and get flamed. Maybe next time take option A. If not for your sake for mine so I don't get sucked in to one of these threads.

Fyrce
06-30-2011, 01:16 AM
LOL. Soo funny you guys.

Please do not assume people speaking in a different language are being rude. Most people speak English; I don't assume we're being rude to someone who does not speak (as much) English and I would hope they're not assuming bad things about me.

I've been in groups where they're speaking who knows what. I don't answer; they don't do anything to me. I assume they're just nice people meeting up and saying things like, "Hi, how are you?", "When do you play?" etc. Sometimes I recognize a city or country name. They're just saying normal things. If they were being mean, they wouldn't let you run with them. I try and pick up some words but sometimes it's darn hard :)

Personally I think it's pretty darn cool to see all the different places people are from. I've run in groups where they're all speaking French. Tickles me to death. I've run in groups where they're all speaking German or Chinese or Korean. They were just as fun, even though I can't really participate. Nonetheless, I had a good time in those groups. Recently I've run with groups whose language I don't even recognize, but we still have fun.

There were some people a long time ago I used to run with who spoke VERY little English. I think it was just hi, rush, boss, gogo. I haven't seen them in awhile. I hope they're having fun in RL or in another game, and not that they ran into hostile people.

I do not think different languages should be a division, but rather an opportunity to perhaps learn a few new words. Preferably not swear words :P

bluuuue
06-30-2011, 01:17 AM
Isn't that what forums r 4. Flaming the less elite. Thank you sir may I have another

Jespo
06-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Guys please stop this.. It will lead to nothing but a thread lock and will just be frowned upon by others including the devs.

Kraze
06-30-2011, 01:20 AM
Isn't that what forums r 4. Flaming the less elite. Thank you sir may I have another
Enough with the poor me act. The reaction is less about what you said and more about the assumptions you are making. As I play at odd hours I come across people all over the place and often they are talking in a different language. As noted before I'm too lazy to learn a second language so I say "hi" someone says "were speaking ____" and I reply "kk just didn't want to be the creepy quiet guy" a few lols and they go back to talking. Run ends I say Ty and find a different group. Not overly traumatizing or painful

KingFu
06-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Igpay atinlay sia lwaysay sefulua ota nowkay

Barbamitsos
06-30-2011, 02:28 AM
http://a.imagehost.org/0173/epic-win.jpg

seein such threads really make me put such things

Nightarcher
06-30-2011, 02:29 AM
I do understand where Blue is coming from. While I don't mind people speaking other languages, if you're in a party with other people speaking them, it does kind of create an atmosphere of separation in the party. Not because they're necessarily being rude or anything, but it can almost feel like you're being ignored or even taken advantage of on occasion, depending on the person and if they're acting aggressive or not.

This is why usually like to play with friends. Although, the majority of people in the game do speak good English, so I don't think it's any issue. Just don't jump down Blue's throat; he wasn't rude about his honest opinion. :)

MayhemMonkey
06-30-2011, 02:54 AM
English is not my first language and I find your posts discriminatory. Others made some good points so I'm not going to waste my time writing lengthy response. The other reason I'm taking my time to post in this thread is to let you know that you should rename your lvl55 dual mage and thirtysomething warbird as both of those names are vulgar and offensive.
Боље пожури и срећно!

NECROREAPER
06-30-2011, 03:52 AM
Iʻm gonna start talking in Hawaiian to everyone I know in game

No one will know what iʻm saying!!! :D

bluuuue
06-30-2011, 04:05 AM
Its arabic

NECROREAPER
06-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Its arabic

I'm saying I'm going speak in Hawaiian, my native tongue.

NeoQueen
06-30-2011, 06:09 AM
Everyone, please stop responding to this thread and let it die. It's obvious that the original poster believes that English is the only way to go and other languages shouldn't be taken into account. Instead of continuing to argue let's just let it go and find something more productive and tolerance enhancing to do.

NECROREAPER
06-30-2011, 06:28 AM
Everyone, please stop responding to this thread and let it die. It's obvious that the original poster believes that English is the only way to go and other languages shouldn't be taken into account. Instead of continuing to argue let's just let it go and find something more productive and tolerance enhancing to do.

So I guess farming and grinding to 56 is out if the question then :P

Valiksuhr
06-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Well I for one am appalled at the discrmination against us left handers, or "southpaws". We demand that PL become more lefty friendly :cool:

Roasty
06-30-2011, 08:54 AM
そこにちょっと、私は議論のいくつかの種類があるように起こっていたことがタイトルの最初から知っていた。 ちょうど私達がお互いを助け、お互いにうまくやっていくコミュニティであることを忘れないでく ださい.

kinawarrior
06-30-2011, 09:36 AM
Hehe, you should learn the native tounge in the country you live in. You don't have to speak it, but you should know it. How else will you be able to read the street signs and drive? :)

In my experience, when others are speaking non-english, it is generally a game I joined, so I am the outsider.

KhaosAngel
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
I personally enjoy the other langs, i have one friend from russia who taught me a few things (privet, hello poka, goodbye) And I help with his english- I learn more each time we play- Also a korean who taught me a few words- Thus, embrace the unknowns- I sound smart as hell talking to my friends here at home in another lang-+1:banana: to everyone that doesnt speak english

kinawarrior
06-30-2011, 09:49 AM
LOL. Soo funny you guys.

Please do not assume people speaking in a different language are being rude. Most people speak English; I don't assume we're being rude to someone who does not speak (as much) English and I would hope they're not assuming bad things about me.

I've been in groups where they're speaking who knows what. I don't answer; they don't do anything to me. I assume they're just nice people meeting up and saying things like, "Hi, how are you?", "When do you play?" etc. Sometimes I recognize a city or country name. They're just saying normal things. If they were being mean, they wouldn't let you run with them. I try and pick up some words but sometimes it's darn hard :)

Personally I think it's pretty darn cool to see all the different places people are from. I've run in groups where they're all speaking French. Tickles me to death. I've run in groups where they're all speaking German or Chinese or Korean. They were just as fun, even though I can't really participate. Nonetheless, I had a good time in those groups. Recently I've run with groups whose language I don't even recognize, but we still have fun.

There were some people a long time ago I used to run with who spoke VERY little English. I think it was just hi, rush, boss, gogo. I haven't seen them in awhile. I hope they're having fun in RL or in another game, and not that they ran into hostile people.

I do not think different languages should be a division, but rather an opportunity to perhaps learn a few new words. Preferably not swear words :P

+1

Lesrider
06-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Jibber jabber makes me think of the judge from Boston Legal, so it makes me laugh.
Otherwise, it is incredibly offensive (so are your IGNs -- now that you brought attention to them in such an inflammatory thread, I expect STS will rename them if you don't).

CanonicalKoi
06-30-2011, 11:19 AM
A'poo kiisto, ipakkssa yaapi o'tsipikkssi = (loosely translated) "Move along, nothing to see here" in my native tongue, Blackfoot. You know, one of the original "real" American languages. ;)

bluuuue
06-30-2011, 02:21 PM
My alt names are arabic