View Full Version : [Guide] In Game Trades

xZauiflele
02-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Hey,
Are you having something in your treasure (gold) ? wanna buy-sell something? Before you proceed to trade please keep these points in mind.

>> No Real world gold transactions

It's against Terms of service to buy/sell items for real world money. Never accept any offers like
eg. 1)sell arcane ring for 2$ 2) Sell my account 30$ 3) Buy maridos payment through paytym

>> Not accept later payments

Some people will offer you more gold and they may tell you ill pay you 5m tomorrow for your item, It's 95% scammer.

>> Trade offer of suspicious item

Sometimes when you will try to sell something you will get exchange offers. Some are equivalently worthy or maybe less but never exchange for an item which is a single piece in auc or you don't know about it.
eg. 1) Trade maridos for misty
2) arcane maul for tenacious sword of tactics (epic) 3) Trade nordr helm for frank west

>> Available Trade slots

There are only 4 slots to trade each side can add only 4 item, don't go for deal like nekro for 5hammerjaw, 10 intact orc fangs for 30insignia.

>> CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE CONFIRM

Before you click final confirm button see everything carefully without rushing if seller leaving trade window again and again he maybe a scammer. Stop atleast 5seconds on final trade window

>> SAME LOOKING ITEMS

There are some items which may troll you, they look same but one worth very high one nothing.
eg.
1)Grand elondrian life shard gem looks like para stone
2) Lunar pendant looks like lepre pendant
3) Blinky - Blight
4) Massive rengol - locked crate of rengol
5) Eye of syrillax - Enchanted Eye of syrillax
and many others

>> LOOK AT DIGITS CAREFULLY

10k is 10.000
100k is 100.000
1m is 1,000.000
10m.is 10,000.000

My suggestion when dealing in millions ignore ".000" and look at thousands. Or loot depth into number of digits of amount.

>> ATTRACTIVE OFFERS THEN LAG DRAMA

There are plenty of scammers usually they do lag drama and made u rush to click final confirm in rush very go through very attractive offers
eg) trade blinky for lepre

>> Non- tradewindow trade offers

Sometimes you may face seller like this
eg. 1) My ping is high GIFT me you toor egg ill gift you maridos

2) My Dragon bar in auc buy it from auc for 1.7m ill get gold from it then ill buy your arcane ring for 2m ( trade offer bar+ 300k for arcane ring)

3) Give me gold platinum will come to you automatically.

These offers will lead you to loss gold or items

>> Collectibles And Strange items

Some may try to troll you that a particular item is very rare collectible or item worth more and more. Don't buy strange item without gathering proper info. from friends and official threads
eg.
1)Sell recipe of enchanted eye ( now eyes are not craftable)
2) Trade goblin relic for mythic weapon.
3) Sell red arlorian egg for any arcane egg

>> Pre-Release On release Trades

People selling items before launch is 200% fake.

And on release items prices are very flex don't rush if you aren't rich to afford losses.

>> Introducing himself/herself or relative as a staff of STS

Any person who tell you that hes working for STS and he give some offer for platinum any item tokens etc is 100% a scam. None of the staff will inform you that hes a staff member.

>> AUCTION IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT

This point i discussed earlier also, Consignment Shop (Auction) is not always right representative of any item pruces go up and down depending on demand- supply and some may put items in auc overpriced.

>> Instan Gratification

Auction charge is 5% of value you put in auc +little more for putting for 1day and 3days. When you put any item is auc you are bound to accept time 12hours/oneday/threedays also You might be putting same item 5-6tines in auc. So, accept any nearest offer before putting in auc.

Proceed to offers after putting item in suc on own risk, once you cancelled item from auc you have to put it again. Some people will ofger you less than you put in auc and they may vanish after you cancelled item from auc.

NEVER PUT YOUR ITEM IN AUC FOR 12HOURS WHICH WORTH MILLIONS OR 100Ks, It is always better to wait long than re auctioning again and again.

>> AUCTION ITEMS GRADUALLY

Before auctioning anything check current price of item. Don't go on your price assumption or others word, seller may troll you by telling wrong price. Auction prices change frequently.

Put any item in auction lessthan price of lowest priced same item ( If it is an equipment then put according to gems/ jewels)
You can use this trick like fervor bow clean in auc for 5,000.000 you put it for 4,999.000 or 4,999.000.

when someone counter your price, don't rush (reprice) it may again be countered by someone else wait for some time.

>> Non tradable items

Not all game items are tradable. Scammer may come through non tradable items. eg.
1) Sell para gem ( without insurance it may be a scam)
2) Sell plats ( plats are not tradable except saint patric chest consist 50plats)
3) Sell achievement banners/ titles ( most of the banners aren't tradable)

Ill update more later :)

Fyrce
02-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Yep, if it's not a clean, easy, no drama trade, I start to ignore them.

I have also let the 2nd confirm screen sit for a bit before checking it because scammers love to rush you. For novices, maybe count to 10 slowly while the 2nd confirm screen is up. If you are not confident, read the names of the items aloud. Read the gold amount aloud. Then if everything looks right, look again, then confirm. No need to rush.

Dragoonclaws
02-10-2016, 09:39 PM
A very nice guide!

cheers!

xZauiflele
02-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Updated read last few

wangkj
02-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Very nice guide lol i fell for a lot of these lol

eugene9707
02-11-2016, 12:32 AM
if i remember correctly, it should be 10,000,000 for 10m, so people can ignore the last 6 zeros (or the stuff after second comma) when they are dealing in millions ( instead of thinking it in thousands like you suggested)

and a typo, edit in bold

Hey,
>> Available Trade slots
There are only 4 slots to trade each side can add only 4 item, so don't go for deal like nekro for 5 hammerjaw

And one thing you can add:
Don't rush list items in CS, check the price (and item) before you list it
eg: 1) list massive lock for 14,000 instead of 140,000 and realized after your 10th
2) list grand lock of watch for 10,000 then also list ran'gol lock for 10,000 (that was a while back when their price was different)

xZauiflele
02-11-2016, 01:58 AM
if i remember correctly, it should be 10,000,000 for 10m, so people can ignore the last 6 zeros (or the stuff after second comma) when they are dealing in millions ( instead of thinking it in thousands like you suggested)

and a typo, edit in bold

And one thing you can add:
Don't rush list items in CS, check the price (and item) before you list it
eg: 1) list massive lock for 14,000 instead of 140,000 and realized after your 10th
2) list grand lock of watch for 10,000 then also list ran'gol lock for 10,000 (that was a while back when their price was different)

Im going through whole Guide for corrections