PDA

View Full Version : Please stop charging to change skills

Scralings
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I understand charging for new content. I can even understand the char slot or novelty items but charging to change vaguely worded skills that are discribed incompletly is too much. Having to pay real money for missplaced skill points is just too much. Anyways I'll stop ranting. Love the game for what it is but just make it cost in game money make me waste time farming gold to change my skills not my money.

Rylin
04-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I would actually prefer to pay with in-game gold because there's many different class strategies I'd love to try out but at 1.99 a pop, its asking a bit too much.

Banned
04-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Agreed. Make this option cost gold not real money.

WookieeFart
04-12-2010, 08:28 PM
I agree with the above. Or allow one free reset per character. I don't even bother with my warrior because I messed up in the beginning with him and would rather get content for real $. It's actually cheaper to abandon the character and buy a new slot.

Astrauk
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Wait there's no way to reset a character slot?

setec
04-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Wait there's no way to reset a character slot?

You could delete the char and start all over again. But if your char is 25 then that is a long road back.

tubbies
04-13-2010, 01:51 AM
agree with the op

nerdherd
04-13-2010, 04:51 AM
Another vote for some kind of a respec option without having to pay real money. Like a free respec at level 15 or 20 or something like that. I'm happy to buy other content, but this one just doesn't make sense to me.

_ck
04-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Maybe it's because I'm new to this sort of game, but why shouldn't you have to pay to do this? It's basically getting a do-over, and what's the point of leveling a character if you can just change it's attributes/skills any time you want?

At the most I would say that maybe every four levels or something like that you'd have the ability to move one or two attribute points and a skill point, but I don't think this should be completely free.

Dizko
04-13-2010, 07:51 AM
How about you get a free restat for every content pack you buy.

Can't argue with that can you?

Aegis
04-13-2010, 08:34 AM
5000gold or rare drop item or both

Ezetquiel
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
I agree with the in-game money payment. Why? Becouse always there will be people who prefer to pay.
You can make this features hard to get with an alternative payment option, including some kind of extra gift, like some only-look-stuff.
Pro-gamers always want to stand out.

If you let a free option for this kind of things, but hard to get it, you will gain lots of extra hours of people playing.
Full servers, full fun, full attractiveness.

Best regards

--
Ezetquiel

Flyingcookie
04-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Nah, i think they should make remap packs instead, like 5$ for 15 remaps or 3$ for 5 remaps ... I'm fine with paying for remap... Cuz the more they get money the more they will develop this game, i'm just saying that it should be cheaper ^^

_ck
04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Considering I've seen Level 25 players with 25,000 in gold, I'd say the price would need to be far more than 5000 gold if they were ever to add an option to buy a respec with gold.

Lan
04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Gold at this point really has no value. Respec is a premium convenience item, and is priced as such. The game already offers a free but more time consuming way to respec stats, starting a new character.