PDA

View Full Version : how did you discover PL?

skavenger216
07-01-2011, 02:41 AM
Title says it all, what brought you to Pocket Legends?

I'll start with mine. About a week after I got my phone, I was playing Gun Bros (another great game!), and went into my menu to buy a new gun. The ad on the bottom of the menu said "Pocket Legends: Mobile MMORPG". I was going through WoW withdrawal at the time (Lol!), and clicked it, thinking "its a phone game, no way it can be any good". I looked at the screenshots and was impressed. I then downloaded it, and have been hooked since!

Riccits
07-01-2011, 02:43 AM
i always searched for new games in the app store. then comes out PL and i tried and got addicted

Slush
07-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Following Toucharcade pre-launch.

JaytB
07-01-2011, 06:20 AM
There was already a thread about this a couple of days ago...

The search function can work wonders ;)

Anyway, it was discussed here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29646-How-did-u-get-started.

skavenger216
07-01-2011, 06:51 AM
There was already a thread about this a couple of days ago...

The search function can work wonders ;)

Anyway, it was discussed here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29646-How-did-u-get-started.

I check the forums pretty regularly, don't know how I missed that. Sorry.

SVTcobra
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Couldn't sleep one night so I was browsing through the app store and there it was.

abstract
07-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I was laying in bed and decided just to browse the market to see what was out for the heck of it like I normally do and I saw pocket legends, Gave it a look and was hooked since I saw it.

StompArtist
07-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I was looking for a game for the kids and downloaded it because of a "cute" bear screenshot. Been playing since. LOL

CanonicalKoi
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Bought a first gen iPad on release day and did some searching for top-rated game apps and.....there it was. And I was hooked. :)

Lowlyspy
07-01-2011, 01:30 PM
We were at a pasta party for my swim team and my buddy walked up to me and was like "hey, u played pocket legends?" And I was like "pocket what?", so he showed me how to play and I got addicted lol

LucienDragovar
07-01-2011, 01:48 PM
My cousin lived across the street from me then she moved to England with her fiancee then one day I got a fone call from her saying it cost to much to call then she told me bout PL n we woop-***

Pharcyde
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
By browsing the "Newest" section of the app store.

kurl
07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Couldn't sleep one night so I was browsing through the app store and there it was.
Oh My God! Same thing here.

AOmonsta
07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
There was an article on Yahoo the other week about "Best Mobile MMO games" and this game was like the only Android available game in the article, so I downloaded it and have been playing ever since.

SVTcobra
07-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Oh My God! Same thing here.

Lol I guess sleepless nights does have it's advantages

Gaddy
07-03-2011, 04:17 AM
As a suggestion from the market place while looking at Zenonia (I think)...

KingFu
07-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Searched "Pocket" and poof. Popped up

xero
07-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Was at a party with a very close friend of mine and I saw him playing PL. So k asked him what he was up yo and he replies none ya business... so I was like come on lol... just tell me what you're up to. So he says he is playing pocket legends. A couple days later, I needed to upgrade my phone so I went and got a new phone and picked up pl that same nite.

blurryeyes
07-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I have always been a fan for mmorpg, I have played diablo for years.

Since I got my iphone back in november 2010, I tried to find some games but came accross dungeon hunter 2 first, it is almost exactly like diablo except there isn't enough players around for multiplayer. And actually there is no need for multiplayer because it is very easy. Played it for around a month and got bored.

Then I kept playing high noon, an online gunshot 1 on 1 pk fight, which I played for a lot of months, and when I hit the max lvl 30 I kinda got bored again. (although I know the lvl cap is raised to 50 recently, I am still sticked to PL now)

So I searched again in the apps store, I searched MMORPG, and PL came out. I checked the details and screenap, honestly the PL logo didn't really attract me, it looked it sucked lol, but when I saw the screencaps I said wow looks awesome.

I played it for over a month, have a lvl 50 bird, lvl 10 bear and lvl 6 mage (lol) and I don't think I will be bored with it even I hit lvl 56

I only wish I knew this game earlier lol

Simnar
07-03-2011, 11:37 PM
before i had my ipod my brother would rub his in my face sooo when i got mine i got pl (he rubbed it in my face ALOT) amd have now surpassed him by a longshot im a lvl 51 warbird hes a lvl 8 bear he wont play anymore he dosnt like it for some reaason

Zaltiar
07-04-2011, 02:34 AM
well, I actually downloaded the game when it first came out on android. But i was way too busy to play (I think I only played the tutorial) so I didnt touch it ever. Then I got my new phone and was looking through some mmorpgs, I actually bought that $14 game (I forget what the name is, now that I never even touch it), and stumbled across PL :).

Unxtoxic
07-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Once I got my iPhone I downloaded a lot of free games but every time I searched up free pocket legends I would always see pocketlegends on the first page. I didn't know what it was about so I looked it up on YouTube and I have to say it's looked pretty awesome :) so I downloaded it and I wad addicted ever since. My
Only regret is that I regret not downloading it the first place so I could of been playing pocket legends the first day it came out :) POCKET LEGENDS IS AWESOME! put that as a quote :)

lUp3
07-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Was playin Diablo 2 co-op in december... Going thru market saw this game and wanted to try multiplayer gaming on another level. Dint wanna waste money tho so stoppd playin.. then someone told me about tapjoy and since then been hooked

Marcoolio
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
My friend play it and told me awesome phone game.. i say im not intrest that kind of game and here we are so hooked and spend 100€ allready :)

I never ever leave this game!!

WhoIsThis
07-04-2011, 04:55 PM
After I bought my Android phone in November 2010, I remember this game being prominently shown on the Android Central website so I checked it out.

Register
07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Lmao i stopped using my Ipod for a while to play RS and i thought that there might be a game like that for Ipod so i searched 'mmo' and found it :) Then i thought PL was really stupid and i deleted it. Then i tried Hapaaiya Kindgom (or something like that) and thought that was stupider so i redownloaded PL and played it :)

Otukura
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Nexon Forums -- :D

Phoenixking
07-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I got the ipad 2 months earlier and i got bored of it cuased i just surfed the internet then i remember my mom downloads app so i searched apps and i was looking for games and 4+ rating (before you just looked at the stars) and i found pocket legends and looked at screenshots<always do that o see if it interesting) got like SO addicted i was like check this out they scream funniy

elianel
07-04-2011, 06:01 PM
i like to buy game. but that time i have a droid 1 but you know that time the android market doesn't have good game and i see this game :confused: uhhhh for free i download and from that day i'm in love with pocket legends :banana: and now i play in my iphone 4 and that mean i still have my droid for play starlegend :cool:

Juliarulz
07-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Saw an ad at the bottom of the app I was using

Mkcecil
07-05-2011, 02:50 AM
I found PL from typing mmo into the search box one day the game was pretty new so I thought hey this might be ok but I know someone will come up with something better and this will be history, was wrong this game is amazing :)